Val's Cafe

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280

Evening all much milder today

Toni thankyou for the mega breakfast..wow

Yes the shop do need us.. so we try and shop local when they are open.. it leaves me fuming that supermarkets are allowed to sell anything while small businesses are closed.. rant over..good job you have your jigsaws..I might even have a go at niamhs peppa pig one.😅 what a good poem..thankyou..

We have a couple in the 90s not been called for yet..just hope it picks up speed xx

Joan I am glad you didn't get snow..do you and Sue go out on your scooter I should think its safe ...love to all of you xx

Kath thankyou fir the picture i do or used to love walking in the woods..really calming yes I saw the queen and prince Philip had the jabs..

The recipe put me off when I saw green eggs.😅.but It does look good .thankyou

I hope Elliott is feeling better xx

Better go

Love to everyone

Xxxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023

Evening everyone

just a quick post firstly sorry my absence on here has been due to sky broadband having technical problems for the last week, and our internet has been very intermittent. So I have had problems doing long posts. We are all ok and I shall update you more tomorrow. Our youngest granddaughter had her 12 week scan today and she video called me as soon as she got back and showed me the scan pictures of our 7th great grandchild Looks like it will be a July baby 👶 🍼 that cheered me up somewhat. Really not liking lockdown this time. At the current moment I am typing this with Cookie sitting on the arm of my chair trying To eat my iPad 😄 She is now sulking on the back of my armchair because I have just told her off. 🤣🤣.

I must leave you now to do a bit more catching up

love and Sparkles to you all ❤️❤️❤️❤️🌈🌈🌈🌈

Stay positive always👍xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336

Perhaps Miss Cookie wants to say hello to us too Carol!

Short messages are ok if your internet has gone intermittent.

Lovely news that your Grandaughter's scan went well and she is doing fine. That sort of news should really help you get through this proper lockdown. the last one was rubbish and hardly worth doing in my opinion too much was still open.

Joan I am very pleased to hear that your recliner helps your legs be less painful. Mine can help ease my aches too if i get it right. Miss Sleek likes to get up on it with me though and sleep close by🐱(((()))) to you and Sue xxx

Kath well done finding the origin of the poem. It is spot on isn't it?

I want to be in that picture with Aidan well and going for a lovely walk. One day maybe who knows. Thank you.

That 'green eggs' recipe looks fabulous I can leave out the eggs and veganise it easily. Today i am making One pot butternut squash curry....with pumpkin instead of butternut squash.

Glad you enjoyed the breakfast😁 Today we need to be a little more healthy....I'm thinking about it🤔

They do need to get your Dad done ASAP I don't get why he hasn't had his vaccine yet😠

Barbara The Queen and Prince Philip should have their vaccine at their age for definite, but so should Kath's Dad. I don't get it I hope he hasn't been missed out.

You can do the Peppa pig puzzle. Have it done in no time at all.

Today is 12 months since my ex FIL died so going to po a box of chocs on ex MIL's doorstep so she knows I am thinking of her. It would have been my dad's birthday too.

The shops do need us, but what can we do the Govt want us to stay inside and only go for a walk. It's so tricky balancing what to do... I am not impressed that places like the range are open with queues outside. I know they sell (very limited) food, but people aren't buying food from there are they?

Hope all is well with Mike and family especially Elliott ((()))

Love to The Chrises and mig toady and Crinkly too.

Start the week healthy....how long will this last?!😀

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,900

Good morning everyone

. Kath ((())) you Dad should hear soon this week I hope ((())) love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) Val ((())).

Barbara ((())) how is your brother getting on ((())) love to Mr B ((())) your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother's girlfriend ((())) no the scooters cannot grip the snow.

Carol ((())) I hope your Internet is behaving now love to Mr T ((())) and your family ((()))

Toni ((())) does the cold make your back worse ((())) love to Paul (((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and.the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((()) Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your neighbours ((()))

love to Bill ((()))Chris ((())) Mig ((())) Mike ((())))

take care
    joan xx
  • Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

Hope all is well with Mike and family especially Elliott ((()))

The boy came home from hospital yesterday, understandably wiped out. Thanks for all good wishes.

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583

Chris and I have started using the TV hub - I can watch all the Midsummer Murders I want to. Smashing, e are considering getting a Freeview Playbox too.. But we need a new washer dryer first. We rent off Box Clever,

Toni, what a lovely idea having a lovely stroll with Aidan and Bill. I've just posted a piece about oats on the Creakies group, very healthy and very nutritious.

Carol, I'm sorry you have had broadband problems, especially when we rely on it for shopping and keeping in touch with family. A new GGC, how lovely. Give Cookie a few Dreamies, so she won't munch on your iPad.

Joan, I'm sure dad will get his jab eventually.

Todays walk across the Yorkshire Moors.

Mushroom bourguignon with celeriac mash

Mushroom bourguignon with celeriac mash

Recipe

This mushroom bourguignon recipe with creamy celeriac mash is an indulgent yet healthier weeknight dinner. Replacing beef with juicy chestnut mushrooms and exotic dried mushrooms adds earthy richness to this comforting vegetarian stew – and it counts as 4 of your 5-a-day

• READY IN
    • 1 hour
    • COOKING TIME
    • 50 minutes
    • PREP TIME
    • 10 minutes
    • SERVES

Four of your 5 a day

Ingredients

For the mushroom bourguignon

• 10g dried mushrooms
    • 175ml vegetable stock, made with ½ stock cube
    • 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
    • 650g chestnut mushrooms, larger mushrooms halved
    • 10 small shallots, peeled but kept whole
    • 250g Chantenay carrots, larger carrots cut in half horizontally
    • 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
    • 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
    • 1 tbsp tomato purée
    • 2 tbsp plain flour
    • 200ml burgundy
    • 1 tbsp butter, softened/dairy-free spread

For the celeriac mash

• 2 celeriac, peeled and roughly chopped
    • 3 garlic cloves
    • 700ml milk/dairy-free alternative
    • 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard

Method

1. 1
    2. Add the dried mushrooms to the hot stock and leave to infuse. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large casserole dish. Add the chestnut mushrooms and fry for 4-5 minutes until golden. Remove from the pan. 
    3. 2
    4. Add the remaining oil and fry the shallots and carrots for 8-10 minutes until starting to soften. Add the garlic, thyme and tomato purée and cook for a further 1 minute. Return the chestnut mushrooms to the pan with 1 tbsp flour and cook for 1 minute. Add the burgundy, vegetable stock and dried mushrooms. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
    5. 3
    6. Mix the remaining flour with the butter and add to the sauce. Continue to simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce is thick and glossy. Season well.
    7. 4
    8. Meanwhile, put the celeriac and garlic in a large saucepan and cover with the milk. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes until the celeriac is soft. Drain, reserving the milk. Return the celeriac to the pan and add 100ml of the reserved milk and the mustard. Mash. Serve the mash with the bourguignon on top. 

I'm hungry now.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12

Afternoon all..im early today.. 😁

Just had my brother texting..I had the drink wrong or he did.. fortijuice.is there such a drink I haven't Google it....he is so vague..😅

Carol another ggc wow..I bet it cheered you up.😁.this lockdown is really hard ..you hang in there..I really miss our cafe.. or any cafe come to that..Cookie really has settled in ..bless her xx

Toni a nice healthy breakfast thankyou I am eating lots of live yogurt and berries for my eyes and kidneys

That's so lovely of you to put chocolates on your ex mil step..she will be so pleased you have remembered..

There are many we know in there 80s and 90s that haven't been called for the jab..🙄honestly I think us lot could organise it better.. xx

Mike is it Elliott birthday today.. I bet he is wiped out the poor lad..hopefully the chemo is doing its job xx

Joan my brother is doing well thankyou..he has been able to eat quite a few things..so is pleased...love to all of you xx

Kath I enjoyed my walk over the moors...😁thankyou..must say the mushroom bourguignon sounds good ..

We have a freesat box that records 2 channels and let's you watch one that you have recorded ..its brilliant.. what a good idea renting a washer of all the things we have trouble with xx

Live to everyone xxxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

Mike is it Elliott birthday today.. I bet he is wiped out the poor lad..hopefully the chemo is doing its job xx

No, it is his birthday next week, he came out of ICU yesterday and I have seen a photo of the lad which made me tear up, he does not look well at all.

• frogmorton

Oh Dear Mike I am so sorry to hear Elliott doesn't look well at all, but very glad he's home. With his family around him and Mum looking after him he should pick up soon. Best of all he is HOME. In good time for his birthday. ((())) for you all.

Barbara yes probably fortijuice as the milkshake ones are fortisip. Good he is managing to eat a few 'normal' things too, but will need the fortisip to maintain his weight even so I expect.

You are doing well eating for your eyes and kidneys. Yellow peppers are good for our eyes aren't they?

Ex MIL saw me at the door and rushed out to thank me. She was doing ok, but probably glad to get the day over bless her.

I can't believe you know a few in their 80s and 90s who haven't been called for their vaccine yet! How would we organise it I wonder🤔 I think by GPs surgery possibly? I bet some of them will be better off when we get the Oxford one that the nurses can do in their own homes. I was also wondering if they get some sort of certificate to prove they've had it???

Hi Kath we also have a box which records for you it's a humax and it's very good. We can record two things at once and watch another. Very often what you want as well because if there's ever anything on live tV you want to watch it would be typical for something else you'd watch to be on another channel!

My bro used to rent his washer and dryer it really paid off for them. They always had the up to date one when I had to just keep ours going paying for repairs🙄

The mushroom Bourguignon looks lovely I think we would enjoy that and 4 of your 5 a day in one meal! That's fabulous too. Ta very muchly.

Look at the view on our walk so pretty thank you. You could imagine Silver appearing couldn't you?

Poor Johnny in Coronation street he looks rough I hope they put him in the hospital wing.

Joan yes the cold definitely makes my back worse does the cold affect your pain too? I also can't 'stand' still like in queues. (((()))) for you and Sue xxx

I have booked young Sleek in at the vets for next Monday bless her she is having her annual overhaul. Her nails will be cut for the first time and she will have a new chip inserted as it's 'migrated' ber BP done bloods taken etc and her vaccines too. I have to ring them from the carpark and they will fetch her in. Hope she isn't reading this or she'll go AWOL!

mushroom omelette!

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) yes your Dad ((())) will hear when they are ready. Are you in more pain when it's cold and wet ((())) love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) Val ((()))

Mike ((())) that's good Elliott ((())) is home love to everyone ((()))

Barbara ((())) why can't the council of each town sort it with the doctors. We will get it some time love to Mr B ((())) your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) I cannot stand aching starts in my back hips and then down my legs I would rather have that than a lot of worse things you can have. Love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) and P ((()))

love to Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Bill ((())) Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty

Toni, MUSHROOM OMELET don't mind if I do mi duck. Chris and I think Faye is pregnant by Ray! She keeps throwing up and is blaming it on guilt and stress - Gary will go bozzwonk! I do feel sorry for Johnny, he is really suffering. We already have a Freeview box that records two programs at once, we always record Corrie and now we're recording the Pembrokeshire Murders. It's based on a true story.

Joan, cold dry weather doesn't cause me much pain, but damp weather does. Cold or warm! That aching sounds a bit like sciatica - it's awful.

Barbara, did you pick a sprig of heather? Your brother is doing so well, hope the juice drinks do him good, but it's lovely he's keeping some food down.

Today we're in the Scottish Borders. Mind those sheep.

PRINT

Homemade Vegetarian Chili

The smoky, complex flavor of this simple vegetarian chili comes from basic pantry ingredients, vegetables and spices! It makes great leftovers, too. Recipe yields 4 large or 6 moderate servings of chili.

INGREDIENTS

• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    • 1 medium red onion, chopped
    • 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
    • 2 medium carrots, chopped
    • 2 ribs celery, chopped
    • ½ teaspoon salt, divided
    • 4 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
    • 2 tablespoons chili powder*
    • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
    • 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika*
    • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
    • 1 large can (28 ounces) or 2 small cans (15 ounces each) diced tomatoes**, with their juices
    • 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
    • 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
    • 2 cups vegetable broth or water
    • 1 bay leaf
    • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnishing
    • 1 to 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar or lime juice, to taste
    • Garnishes: chopped cilantro, sliced avocado, tortilla chips, sour cream or crème fraîche, grated cheddar cheese, etc.

INSTRUCTIONS

1. In a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat, warm the olive oil until shimmering. Add the chopped onion, bell pepper, carrot, celery and ¼ teaspoon of the salt. Stir to combine and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the onion is translucent, about 7 to 10 minutes.
    2. Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika and oregano. Cook until fragrant while stirring constantly, about 1 minute.
    3. Add the diced tomatoes and their juices, the drained black beans and pinto beans, vegetable broth and bay leaf. Stir to combine and let the mixture come to a simmer. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally and reducing heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer, for 30 minutes.
    4. Remove the chili from the heat and discard the bay leaf. For the best texture and flavor, transfer 1 ½ cups of the chili to a blender, making sure to get some of the liquid portion. Securely fasten the lid and blend until smooth (watch out for hot steam), then pour the blended mixture back into the pot. (Or, you can blend the chili briefly with an immersion blender, or mash the chili with a potato masher until it reaches a thicker, more chili-like consistency.)
    5. Add the chopped cilantro, stir to combine, and then mix in the vinegar, to taste. Add salt to taste, too—I added ¼ teaspoon more at this point. Divide the mixture into individual bowls and serve with garnishes of your choice. This chili will keep well in the refrigerator for about 4 days or you can freeze it for longer-term storage.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• frogmorton

Kath me and Paul wondered the same about faye! Oh gosh I hope we are wrong😯 Johnny isn't a bad person and that flare is a nasty one. Glad Gary is there. Think about poor Craig too if she is impregnated with a nasty bloke's baby😮

We recorded Pembrokeshire too last night looks good.

I am glad you enjoyed the omelette and think i will love this chilli 🌶 it looks yum! I quite fancy some chilli it's a yukky day now cold and miserable.

Our 'walk' for today looks fabulous I love Scotland it's so pretty isn't it? I will stroke the sheep if they will come close, but be careful incase they are pregnant at the moment which they probably are bless them.

Joan is it the Osteoporosis which causes that pain? It sounds really nasty your recliner must be a real help for you. As you say there are others far worse off than us. ((())) xxx

I fancy some CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!

• barbara12

Evening all

Another hearty breakfast Toni thankyou

Yes I think I have the name of the juice right this time..he knew it began with f...🤔

You made your Mils day..I'm sure..pepper are another thing I eats lots of..it weighing up sometime between eyes and kidneys

We have a humax box..had a couple now..and always pleased with them...ooh cake 😁xx

Mike poor little Elliott hopefully being home will help him ..gosh I hate children being so poorly.. Will be thinking about him xx

Joan yes the council could organise these jabs..I am just hoping we don't have to go to Manchester for ours its a trek away and hubby wouldn't drive there now..any news on your rads xx

Kath I love the pictures I used to walk for Miles ..just before i had my first hip replaced..so around 10 years ago now ..yes I picked some Heather.. but couldn't get back up...😅xx

Love to everyone xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • barbara12

Thought i would post this

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    edited 13. Jan 2021, 06:53

Well done Niamh!

I bet you are all so proud of her🙂That's what she does at home too isn't it creates positivity and makes everyone happier.

Barbara I hope you don't have to go as far as Manchester. Funnily enough I was wondering how these people are getting to have their vaccines I mean they are in their 80s and 90s and they have to get somewhere🤨Ours is the County Showground. It's near enough for me to drive by myself maybe 3 miles from here. When the other vaccine is ready l think it will be easier as it could probably be done in people's houses.

You made me think maybe P can have fortijuice. She definitely can't have fortisip with the milkshake as she has to avoid too much fat. Hope bro is feeling better now anyway ((()))

Your diet must be a balancing act I can imagine. One thing must be good for one thing not so good for another. I expect you add extra herbs/spices to flavour things up not being able to add salt?

Glad you got your heather...now if Aidan was here he'd have sent something magic to pick you back up off the ground!

Hope Mike's Elliott is still on the mend and Vixen (pusskin) is too.

Today I MUST do some ironing! It's getting urgent we'll be naked soon else!

Now what shall we eat for breakfast?

Just got to send Sleek up the ladder to pull the ones which have stuck to the ceiling down for me.....be careful in case any fall!

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) thank you when I went to the Doctor years a go she said she could see my legs shaking. That's the thing with getting older your body wears out. love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) Niamh (()) is a good little girl has she been made a prefect in her class ((())) love to Mr B ((())) your son ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) how is Lucy ((())) love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) Annie ((())) Tia ((())) Kari (())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours (())) they say more snow today.

love to Bill ((())) Chris ((()) Carol ((())) Mig ((())) Mike ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • rayray
    rayray Member Posts: 115

I am back on the forum after a break of several years. I thought I would pop in for a cuppa and possibly a naughty piece of cake.

• Kitty
    edited 13. Jan 2021, 13:43

rayray, welcome back no naughty cake here, all very healthy and calorie free, so fill yer boots mi duck.

Toni, we recorded Monday and Tuesday's episodes of the Pembrokeshire Murders and watched them today. Brilliant. Can't wait for tonights.

Barbara, that sounds like Niamh. A real star.

Joan, as if your body wearing out isn't bad enough, when your brain goes AWOL too. that's really sad.

Today we're on the Antrim Coast Road. Otherwise known s the road to Cushendall.

The Road To Cushendall

Where Antrim's mountains rise and fall

down towards the grey stone wall,

there the sea mist casts its pall

along the road to Cushendall.

Upon the rocks and crags so bare,

wild long grasses here and there

catch the wind like mermaid's hair

as it blows down to Cushendall.

Where the dark hills slope and lean

towards the gentle vale of green,

here the sea spray falls like rain

upon the road to Cushendall.

Beyond the shores of reddish clay

and out across the peaceful bay,

the purple hills of Scotland lay

looking down to Cushendall.

Beneath the Red Arch hewn from stone,

a weary traveler all alone

along the coast road leading home,

riding down to Cushendall.

Promise we will walk again

along the pleasant winding lane

that stretches out across the plain

when I return to Cushendall.

• barbara12

Evening all

Welcome back rayray..you take a seat and I will get your coffee. Social distancing of course.. hope you are doing ok xx

Joan your poor legs age and of course cerable palsy..you and Sue are my heroes you really are..Niamh has a couple of badges from school one helping other and the other one I forget..🤔 ..love to all of you xx

Toni thankyou Niamh has done really well at school..and it's really good on manners and caring 😁

pancakes and sugar and lemon my favorite..

I hope P will like the drinks.. like I said they gave my brother £50 worth but apologised that they have stopped them on prescription.

Did you see the poor people over 80s having to climb a ramp in in building or wait 2 hours for a wheelchair..I am glad yours is nearer for you.. apparently we might be able to book our GPS if we don't want to travel xx

Kath thankyou Niamh loves going to school thank goodness

I love the picture.. wish I lived by the sea..always have done.. and what a nice poem Cushendall..it sounds so idyllic ..xx

That's my eyes done

Love to everyone

Xxxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton

I am fuming just lost my post laptop shut down😫needed charging!

Tesco came yesterday (a day early but I just had to take the slot) so I have shopping to drop off at Kari's. It will be nice to see her in real life. I put it on the doorstep, knock and then get in the car to wave and blow kisses.

@rayray ! Fabulous to see you!! How long is it since you've been? How are you doing?

I've put a load of bears on chairs so we are forced to socially distance!

Barbara I wonder whether it's just the hospital only allowed to prescribe so many of the fortijuice drinks? Get you bro to check with his GP got to be worth a phone call surely?

Niamh is an Environmental Prefect she is in charge of litter patrols and the like bless her. How could you forget something so important?!

How awful expecting the very elderly to climb for their lives (well it is sort of) and then have no wheelchairs to sit on. God bless them.

I suspect the Oxford vaccine might be here for us by the time they get to us lot! then maybe we can go to our normal Drs and those who are housebound can have the nurse round.

Kath thank you so much for the poem😘. the imagery is lovely i can almost feel the sea spray on my face - mind you the photo helps!

We are getting even more worried about Faye she is too tired and now the Rozzers are after her. Hopefully they aren't yet putting 2 and 2 together😯

We will watch the Pembrokeshire murders at the weekend. Paul is struggling with boring weekends when he can't do anything because his weekdays are virtually normal.

Joan your poor legs shaking! ((())) Lucy is doing fine thank you we had a video-call yesterday which was lovely while I was cooking the dinner. Love to you and Sue and the carers ((())) xxx

Breakfast....hmmmm

Still thinking of Elliott Mike.

Carol and the Chrises

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

. Welcome back Rayray ((())) I hope you enjoy your day.

Kath ((())) how is Anita doing ((())) I've to Chris ((())) and Val (((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) is Niamh ((())) able to go to school now it's worrying for you and everyone((())) love to your son ((()) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni (((())) I've had that you forget to plug it in it's maddening ((())) love to Paul ((())) Charley ((()) and Annie ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((())) Mike ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty

Toni, I always cheat by going to Digital Spy and peeking at the Corrie spoilers. Mikey North (Gary) has recently renewed his contract, so will be around a while longer. He loves being a bad boy. I'm tucking into my egg sandwich, the yolk is dribbling down my chin. As for the photo of the Antrim Coast Road, I traveled up to Cushendall in 1968. It was Beautiful.

Joan, Anita is doing really well thank you. She is cancer free now.

Barbara, Niamh is such a good girl. You must be so proud of her. I wonder where we shall go today? Oh I know - Ullswater where Wordsworth wrote Daffodils.

THE DAFFODILS

I wandered lonely as a cloud

That floats on high o’er vales and hills,

When all at once I saw a crowd,

A host, of golden daffodils;

Beside the lake, beneath the trees,

Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine

And twinkle on the milky way,

They stretched in never-ending line

Along the margin of a bay:

Ten thousand saw I at a glance,

Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced; but they

Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:

A poet could not but be gay,

In such a jocund company:

I gazed – and gazed – but little thought

What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie

In vacant or in pensive mood,

They flash upon that inward eye

Which is the bliss of solitude;

And then my heart with pleasure fills,

And dances with the daffodils.

• barbara12

Evening all..a really dark wet day today

Toni a runny egg sarnie..thankyou

It's a good job you have a good memory 🤣that's the one environmental prefect ..the other one is to do with anti bullying

Glad all your shopping came and you were able to see Kari from the rd...these strange times are so hard...but we will get there..

I am sure my brother will ask for the drinks..he does like to watch his penny's..

Hope P is doing ok pain wise 🌈🌈xx

Joan yes Niamh is in school but there are only 9..but has from yesterday 4 have the virus so we won't be seeing her for a while 😪 hope you are all able to keep warm xx

Kath Niamh is good..she wasn't when she was a toddler though 😏even she laughs when we show her film of her paddy's 😅

I do like the lakes..very relaxing..and the poem is one if my favorite ..thankyou xx

Love to Mike abd Elliott xx

And everyone else

Xxxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • Turbogran
    edited 14. Jan 2021, 21:23

Evening everyone

The weather today has been awful cold and raining ☔️ ☔️☔️all day

Mr T is having trouble with his Mobil phone again of course shop is not open. After spending About 2 hr talking to someone on online help did not have much success it has to Be send it back via courier, and will be without it for 10-15 days. This phone has been Nothing but trouble since he first had it, it has been back to manufacturers many times. The last time a couple of months ago they supposedly sent him anew one Now that one has problems.To be honest even When the shop is open they say the same thing I think he needs to change supplier.

The internet seems a bit better now. So hopefully I can post more again I need something to keep me sane, if that’s even possible 😂😂

I had a lovely photo on Facebook yesterday of our Lillie, Graycie and Rubie I just know you are going to love it

And to add to that this is our GDs scan of new addition to be born sometime in July .

Love and sparkles to you all ❤️❤️❤️🌈🌈🌈

Stay positive always👍xx
  • Turbogran
    edited 14. Jan 2021, 21:30

Don’t know what happened here but shame to waste the post so some more pictures of the other three little people Faye,Ashley and Kian

Love and sparkles ❤️❤️🌈🌈

Stay positive always👍xx