Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,947
    Options

Good morning everyone we go for our jab today

Kath ((())) you are used to all the problems that come with it by now ((())) they can wear you down love to Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and your Dad ((())) lovely photo's good memories.

Barbara ((())) I expect the dog like you because you have the chews as well. Love to your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother (((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Mike (((())) vixen has a good home there. How is Elliott ((())))

Love to Toni ((())) Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((()) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours (((())))

love to Bill (((())) Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((())

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Hello everyone, I'm afraid you will have to be patient with me today because I'm too busy scoffing these gorgeous triple egg butties Toni send over. Thank you lovey. I'm glad you enjoyed our little trip to Missouri. Reece fell in love with the states then fell in love with Rheehann, and of course his fate was sealed. Helen (his mum) misses him of course but is pleased to see him so settled and happy. In the end, that's all we want for our children isn't it. Rheehann is such a beautiful young lady but has never been to Britain. Sleek has been over with the cloak, I think it gathered me up while I was having a short nap, so I will watch you (very quietly) have your jab.

Joan, I agree entirely. Barbara's neighbour's dog will love her for the treats.

Barbara, is your ceiling decorated with pancakes now? I have never tossed a pancake in my life, I know what would happen.

How about visiting the Peak District today? The Peak District is an upland area in England at the southern end of the Pennines. It is mostly in northern Derbyshire, but includes parts of CheshireGreater ManchesterStaffordshireWest Yorkshire and South Yorkshire. An area of diversity, it is usually split into the Dark Peak, where most moorland is found and the geology is gritstone, and the White Peak, a limestone area, known for valleys and gorges that cut through the limestone plateau. The Dark Peak forms an arc on the north, east and west sides; the White Peak makes up the central and southern tracts. It became the United Kingdom's first national park in 1951. Proximity to ManchesterStoke-on-TrentDerby and Sheffield brings millions of urban visitors every year. It is thought that 20 million people live within an hour's journey.

Paragliding from Mam Tor

Walkers above the Derwent Reservoir

Ladybower Reservoir in the Upper Derwent Valley, set location for The Dam Busters

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Evening all nice and mild today

Joan you are so wise in everything you say..and you suffer and never say much about it..but send us all hugs.. thankyou 🙂 the dog keeps coming to the fence for the chews..they said it was so maltreated they are surprised it trust me ...🙂love to all of you (((((())))) xx

Toni the egg sarnies were so good..thankyou..oh right so your test is Friday..Will that be cancelled now you have had your jab..bet you are pleased to get it..

We had pancakes everywhere in the end and couldn't stop laughing ..😅I hope P is doing ok..abd not in to much oaun 🌈🌈 glad to hear Charleys test and fiancé's were negative xx

Kath it lovely being taken to all these places especially in lockdown..the dambuster raid was on my birthday..not that I was born then..😅

We saw some kind of large bird at the top of our fir tree watching for mice in the fields..not a clue what it was..xx

Rught that's my eyes done

Love to all

Xxxxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options

Evening everyone

l’m back again after going awol fora few days we are ok. I am getting very fed up now with covid like many others I expect . Mr T is ok because he still has his church interests and his music, he has never been a person to go out to do any of his hobbies. He also is not good at communicating unless it is something he is interested in. Whereas most of my interests are out of the home I am a very social person. I love my knitting group and meeting friends and my chill outs in coffee shops. All of which I cannot do at the moment and I just can’t get the motivation to do my craft things. Most of the time indoors we are in different rooms and not much conversation between us Mr T can be real moody at times which drives me crazy and if I say anything about it I get accused of nagging. I think what is getting me through this lockdown is the thought of seeing our big and little peoples again. Luckily the GC keep sending pictures n Facebook book of our little peeps, and they all make lots of Video calls and messenger messages to me . Youngest granddaughter is having frequent scans at the moment because the baby is being stroppy and will not be in a position for them to measure it properly. So every fortnight when she gets her scan done I never fail to get a video call to tell me about it and she sends me all the scan pictures. At the end of the month she gets her 20 week scan and We are hoping baby will cooperate and we will know the sex. I am hoping that will result in me getting the Knitting out again.

My sister has her first Covid jab a week on Friday various of my family on my mums side have had the jabs or have got them coming up soon. We seem to be doing quite well in London For the roll out of the vaccine. So I suppose That is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Sorry about my rant here but I must admit that I feel better for writing it all down in what I know is a loving place where I can express my feelings because you are all such lovely people.

I really must work out how to send you one of the little videos I get of the like peeps and talking of them you are right right Toni what a wonderful memory of when we were waiting for the first of our great grandchildren, and she is now 9. Miss cookie says thank you for all the chin and back scratches you are sending and she must come and see you soon. She is very funny our Cookie think he might have to be called diva soon. She is very talkative and attention grabbing. Well to me anyway I have to laugh when she has sat on my the arm of my chair for ages meowing away at me and tapping me with her paw if I’m not paying attention to her when we are on our own, but as soon as mr T walks in the room she moves to the back of the chair and sometimes down behind the chair. I have a little giggle to myself.

Joan hope all went well with you and Sue with your jabs. Hope you are both well and the doggies too.

well after bending your ears with all my little woes I will leave you with some that made my day a few days ago I went to a small supermarket round the corner to me got what I wanted and then went to get my card out to pay and realised I had left my bag at home which also meant I had no cash either so I said to the assistant I will have to come back when a kindly gentleman who was just about to scan his shopping told the assistant he would pay I said he didn’t have too I would just return and he insisted that he paid. So I thanked him and went on my way back home talk about restoring your faith in humanity this gent did.

Was going to send you some pictures but the iPad for some odd reason will not let me so I will have to look into that to find out why.

love and sparkles to you all

❤️❤️❤️🌈🌈🌈

Stay positive always👍xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,470
    Options

Lost my post. Pressed the wrong button 🙄

Joan well done all vaccinated you and Sue which one did you have? I had Pfizer and only a sore arm and a woozy night, but fine now 🙂 ((())) xxx

Kath How lovely is it that Reece fell in love with America then with Rheehann. Yes Helen is quite right we only take care of our children until they are ready to live their lives and find their loves🤗 One day maybe when they have their own little ones Rheehann will visit here.

We love the Peak district and will certainly visit in our motorhome as soon as we are allowed to. Sleek was straight on this....

Thank you for coming with her to the County Showground for my jab with my pusskin. Impressive wasn't it? So straightforward and fast. Saw a chap from the village coming out from having his. His wife took a photo of him coming out! Mind you it did feel a bit like having an award!

I loved listening to the Dipper's song (so did Sleek😲) and reading about them.

Sleek is thinking of visiting later, but be warned she is babysitting Tommy! Put your valuables away or they may not survive!

Carol I totally understand how you feel. You have so much family you must be missing so much they are just not local so can't even do a walk together. I have been for walks with Charley and Tia, but miss Lucy so much 😓 A rant a day can keep us sane. It really does help ((()))

Sleek is thinking of seeing if Cookie would like a visitor. Apparently there is a gate and she can come over? Please do add to the scritches for me - I know Cookie will love them. She is definitely a Mummy's girl! So is Sleek. hehehe!🤫

When you know the gender of the new baby I am certain you will get your knitting mojo back. Of course it's hard to motivate yourself when you are a sociable person by nature.

How absolutely lovely of that gentelam to pay for your shopping I do hope you see him again one day. That really made me smile too🙂

Morning to Mike and Vixen hope all is well and the Home help got her jobs done and you had a good chatter too.

Animals recognise good people Barbara so the dog knows you mean it only good.🙂 I hope he enjoys his treats from you.

Yes we will go for our COVID test on Friday i asked yesterday when I had the vaccine so that's fine we don't mind it's just a community test. I shall feel all done by then even though it will be a while before the immunity builds enough to protect me.

Charley has her test weekly for work Tia and Mike had the Community tests like we are having. I'm sure we will all be negative.

We have a buzzard here who sits in the tree waiting for small creatures I fear for my Sleek you know.😕

Hope the pancake mess is all cleaned up now😂

Right breakfast...hmmmm....

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) thank you for the places you are sending us to places we would never go. Love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) Val ((())) and your Dad ((())) how is Holly ((()))

Barbara ((())) the dog knows you love him how are your eyes doing ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Carol ((())) that was kind of the man to pay for your shopping ((())) you have cookie to make you laugh ((()))

Toni ((()) sorry you lost your post ((())) yes we had the same jab has you. I'm glad you enjoyed your walk. Love to Paul ((())) Charley ((()) Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Tia ((())) Lucy ((())) Kari ((())) and P ((()))

Mike ((())) I hope Elliott ((())) is getting on alright and vixen ((()))

love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Turbogran
    edited 18. Feb 2021, 10:36
    Options

Morning all

Toni thank you for your comments I feel much better this morning after my rant on here last night. Fortunately I am not like mr t who bottles it all up and when it gets to much he gets moody. I on the other hand think I have always said a problem shared is a problem halved. I think your right about most of our family being a distance away does mean we can’t even see them through a window or outside. I forgot to say yesterday I have a cousin on my dads side of the family who is in hospital with Covid and on oxygen at the moment hopefully all will be well there. Cookie says Sleek is welcome anytime for a visit aunty Toni she would love a new friend and she says she might even come and visit aunty Toni for chin scratches. Yes she is for sure a mummy’s girl unlike our snowie who was more of a daddy’s boy.

I feel really silly this morning because I realised why I couldn’t post pictures last night I was doing it all wrong 🤣🤣🤣so here we go

a few snow angels Lillie Faye And Rubie

And Graycie, Kian and Ashley having fun in the snow

I’m glad lots of us are getting their jabs now. I just give up with these people who come up with all sorts of silly excuses not to have it.

ohToni I forgot to say yes I do hope I get to see that gentleman again not man6 os these people about these days.

well it’s time to be off for a potter around

love and sparkles to you all

❤️❤️❤️🌈🌈🌈

Stay positive always👍xx
  • Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Morning to Mike and Vixen hope all is well and the Home help got her jobs done and you had a good chatter too.

Yes thanks, highlight of my week!

• Kitty
    Options

I had some sad news this morning. My Aunty Joyce who was 90 has died. 😥😪 She was Uncle Jack's wife (one of dad's older brothers) so he really is the last of his generation now.

Such a lovely head of hair.

Her wedding ay to Uncle Jack. They were always so happy and smiling.

I thought you might like to hear about Robin Hood. Robin Hood is a legendary heroic outlaw originally depicted in English folklore and subsequently featured in literature and film. According to legend, he was a highly skilled archer and swordsman. In some versions of the legend, he is depicted as being of noble birth, and in modern retellings he is sometimes depicted as having fought in the Crusades before returning to England to find his lands taken by the Sheriff. In the oldest known versions he is instead a member of the yeoman class. Traditionally depicted dressed in Lincoln green, he is said to have robbed from the rich and given to the poor.

Through retellings, additions, and variations, a body of familiar characters associated with Robin Hood has been created. These include his lover, Maid Marian, his band of outlaws, the Merry Men, and his chief opponent, the Sheriff of Nottingham. The Sheriff is often depicted as assisting Prince John in usurping the rightful but absent King Richard, to whom Robin Hood remains loyal. His partisanship of the common people and his hostility to the Sheriff of Nottingham are early recorded features of the legend, but his interest in the rightfulness of the king is not, and neither is his setting in the reign of Richard I. He became a popular folk figure in the Late Middle Ages, and the earliest known ballads featuring him are from the 15th century (1400s).

Statue of Robin Hood outside Nottingham Castle

The Major Oak in Sherwood Forest. Sherwood Forest

The Major Oak in Sherwood Forest

The early ballads link Robin Hood to identifiable real places. In popular culture, Robin Hood and his band of "merry men" are portrayed as living in Sherwood Forest, in Nottinghamshire. Notably, the Lincoln Cathedral Manuscript, which is the first officially recorded Robin Hood song (dating from approximately 1420), makes an explicit reference to the outlaw that states that "Robyn hode in scherewode stod". In a similar fashion, a monk of Witham Priory (1460) suggested that the archer had 'infested shirwode'. His chronicle entry reads:

'Around this time, according to popular opinion, a certain outlaw named Robin Hood, with his accomplices, infested Sherwood and other law-abiding areas of England with continuous robberies'.The Major Oak, known throughout the world as the secret hiding palce of Nottinghamshire's outlaw hero Robin Hood, is located in historic Sherwood Forest, a 450-hectare national nature reserve.

The Major Oak is the biggest oak tree in Britain and is thought to be between 800 and 1,000 years old. The world-famous tree weighs an estimated 23 tonnes, has a girth of 10 metres (33ft) and boasts an impressive canopy that reaches a whopping 28 metres (92ft). Legend has it that the mighty oak not only provided Robin Hood with shelter, it was also the place where he and his Merry Men hid and camped on their adventures.

Where is the Major Oak in Sherwood Forest? 

The Major Oak is only a 15 minute walk through the woods from the Sherwood Forest Visitor Centre; along the trail there is an opportunity to see 1000 other oak trees that neighbour the Major Oak, alongside a range of resident wildlife that also call the forest their home. Keep an eye out for beetles, fungi, squirrels, spiders and bats amongst much more.

The RSPB’s work in the forest continues to protect the Major Oak and it’s surrounding woodland. The organisation is focused on helping raise the next generation of ancient oak trees which will guarantee the future of Sherwood Forest. Today, there is a fence around the famous tree in order to prevent visitors’ feet from compressing the ground over the tree’s roots. This will ensure that the tree stays healthy for many years to come, and visitors worldwide can enjoy the legend of Robin Hood!

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12
    Options

Hello all

Carol this lockdown has really got to people now..I feel for you ..hopefully not long till we can get out and about..and you to your knitting group bet you can't wait

They are brilliant photos if the little ones un the snow..love seeing your photos 😁xx

Joan I am very glad to hear you and Sue have had your first jab..lught at the end of the tunnel 😁my eyes are not to bad thankyou xx

Toni thankyou for the porridge

i love animals my parents never knew what I would come home with next😅Cats dogs rabbits tortoises ..poorly birds and hedgehogs

Glad you feel better this morning..Xx

Kath I am sorry to hear about your aunt..bless her she looks like a nice lady..xx

We went to see the mighty oak on our way to an antiques fair..it was so peaceful in the forest then thus amazing tree appears.. 😁xx

I had better not look at this screen any longer

Love to everyone

Xxxcc

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone 🙂

Today l am having my community COVID test it's been all go this week hasn't it? Paul is having one too they want us all to have one in Staffordshire so we are doing our bit.

Mike I bet you never stop talking when she comes! I hope Vixen likes her? What i really hope is that it isn't too long before we can all see more people. We are a social animal - thank goodness for this forum eh?!

Joan I am glad you had pfizer too everyone else I know has had he Oxford one. It was my own fault I lost my post never mind. Please say hello to Sue ((())) xxx

Carol I agree talking about troubles really does help bottling them up leads to explosions! We do not want that do we Mr T?!

I really hope your cousin does ok i will be thinking of him. This COVID really is the most dreadful dreadful thing.

Yes your family are so far away and I expect you miss the breaks and trips to see them and mr T misses his holidays there too. Such a lovely family though sending you all the pics and videos. Speaking of which I LOVE the little ones in the snow making snow angels bless them all😍

I do hope you see that lovely man again please do tell us if you do.

When is that 20 week scan?? I want to know!

Sleek is coming to see Cookie and if Cookie feels brave they might go to see Kath!

Kath I am so sorry to hear about your Aunty Joyce. Your Dad will have felt that hard. Now he is the keeper of the gate. My sister is for us isn't that scary?

She really looks to have been a lovely smiley lady and clearly adored your uncle ❤️ They are together now God bless them ((())) for you.

Thank you for the story of Robin Hood. We all know it, but it was wonderful to read the different legends and history again as well as to see the Major Oak tree. I hope it stands for another 1000 years. Sleek is wearing Pepe's Robin Hood outfit for you!

Whatever the truth I prefer to believe that Robin Hood was a good man making things fair.

Sleek said Tommy was very good at yours yesterday? Today she is going to meet Cookie at Carol's and if Carol is happy she might bring her to meet you!

Morning Barbara (I bet it's afternoon really!) I think you should have been a vet or worked in a rescue like Tia bless your poor parents. How many of you were there?

I absolutely fine just so glad i've had my vaccine. Who is left in the cafe now to have their's? Is it only Mike?

Paul saw ANOTHER pink figaro car less than 2 miles from here on the new nursing home car park! I need to investigate I think!

Take care of your eyes now.

Now breakfast...🤔

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath (((())) I'm sorry your Aunty Joyce has died love to your Dad at this sad time ((())) love to Anita ((())) and Val ((())) we have a oak tree in our garden.

Carol ((())) yes you have to talk about your worries if you bottle them up you can become depressed love to Mr T ((())) thank you for the photo's. Love to your cousin ((())))

Barbara ((()))) when do you have your second jab. How is Mr B's hip does he still have pain from it (((()))) love to your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) I don't under stand people Sue's carers say I don't want the jab it hurts I said I would rather have the jab and a sore arm than the virus. Good luck with your test today and Paul's (((()))) love to Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Love to Mike ((())) and Elliott ((())) and vixen ((()))

love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Morning friends. My it's dark here today, I think Tommy must have taken our sun home with him. Today I received my new shielding letter. I have to continue being housebound until March 31st. Not that things would be any different if I wasn't shielding.

Aunty Joyce and Uncle Jack were lovely. They have four children, my cousins, Ian, Neil, Jaqueline and Joanne. All very close knit.

Toni, Sleek looks vey good in her Robin Hood costume. I think she would look better dressed as Maid Marian.

Thank you for the buttered Pyclet.

Barbara, they have taken clones of the Major Oak so it will never die really.I remember standing inside the original when I was about 5 years old. It was a bit whiffy. 🤢

When I was about 10 mum and dad took us camping to Dawlish Warren, where I first tasted battered bananas. Dawlish Warren is a seaside resort near the town of Dawlish in Teignbridge on the south coast of Devon in England. Dawlish Warren consists almost entirely of holiday accommodation and facilities for holiday-makers especially caravan sites. Dawlish Warren is located at the mouth of the Exe Estuary opposite Exmouth and has a beach, a National Nature Reserve spanning 506 acres (2 km2) and a golf course, which is classified as a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI).

Dawlish Warren Nature Reserve

The renowned sand spit at Dawlish Warren is the location of both the golf course and the nature reserve which was declared a National Nature Reserve in 2000. This spit has reduced in size within the past century due to erosion partly caused by the installation of a breakwater at Langstone Rock to the south-west which traps sand from the local sandstone cliffs and interrupts the natural sediment flow of the area.

Black Swans of Dawlish Warren usually lay 7 eggs.

• barbara12
    Options

Hello all

Think the pain at the back 8f my keg might be my knee it looks like a balloon this morning 🙄

Toni thakyou for the crumpets there was butter all down my chin

There were 5 of us mum dad 2 boys and me I'm the middle one..3 years between each of us ..

Yes its wise to have the test but I was wondering if the vaccine will effect the results..

Another Pink Figgaro..ooh no..bet it not has nice has yours though 😁 xx

Joan Mr B doesn't have a clue what us causing his pain..we are hoping he will get something done when covid goes away.. not long now till you get a new radiator..but I am fuming they didn't do it in time for the cold weather.. love to all of you..give Lexi and pepa a cuddle from me xxx

Kath your dad must really feel it now his sister has gone bless him...x I felt it when I lost my older brother and all our aunties and uncles went long ago..

Thankyou fir taking us to Dawlish nice to see place u have never been to xx

Love to everyone

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • Mike1
    Options

Good evening all, I had my vaccine at 0835 this morning and thus far have had no side effects whatsoever, although my Home Help said that she slept all day afterwards and I was looking forward to that as I only get 2 or 3 hour a night. The weather forecast was dire so I had a taxi there and back and the driver was kid enough to wait for me and not charge me for doing so which was very kind. Yes Toni, I do natter all the time that she is here, Vixen likes her as she brings the occasional present for her - except when she gets the vacuum out - then Vixen disappears for a while until it is put away.

• Turbogran
    Options

Evening all

Not Been a bad day today at all weather not too bad either. Had a video call from youngest daughter this afternoon, as she is home because her school is on half term. She works in a special needs school. Can’t wait till hairdressers can open again my hair is driving me mad I normally have a fringe and no parting but I am having to part it now, so I can push the fringe to the side it’s so long.

Toni Cookie enjoyed sleeks visit and I do believe they visited Kath because Cookie say she sawed aunty Kath and aunty Toni but only from de outside mum cos I was to shy to go in but next time she says she is coming in to see you both because you look so nice. I have not heard any more about my cousin have not heard anything from her sister. So hopefully no news is good news. Those crumpets were delicious.

Joan you are so right bottling thing up does no good at all but I have never been able to get mr T to see that unless I get really annoyed and end up in tears and shouting but then that doesn’t get me anywhere i have been on antidepressants myself before and don’t intend to need to again. I too don’t understand Sues carers they don’t want jab because it hurts whatever next hope you and Sue are ok after your jabs.

Barbara hope your knee soon feels better.

Mike what a nice cab driver to wait for you good that you have had your jab.

I have order some wool to knit our yet to be born great grandchild something so I am waiting on a nice squishy parcel to be delivered. I think granddaughter’s 20 week scan is around the 26th/27th and am hoping then to know what gender I am knitting for.

and because I know you like my photos ......

I came across this on Facebook today and thought you might like it too

Love and sparkles to you all

❤️❤️❤️🌈🌈🌈

Stay positive always👍xx
  • frogmorton
    Options

Morning Café-Crew😁

Joan you can't be serious! the carers are too scared of a the tiniest needle ever and would rather risk dying of COVID?! Completely mad I hope they are listening to your advice🙄 ((())) xxx

Mike well done you I only had a bit of dizziness and queasiness first night and a sore arm, but now all is well and back to normal after my jab. Did you sleep? I hope you made a note of the taxi driver's name and will use him again.👍️I am glad Vixen likes the home help I though she might be jealous like my pusskin is when we (used to) get visitors. Hoovers? nope too much for small cats!!! I had a feeling you would talk for England ((())) for Elliott of course.

Barbara I am in the middle too Kari is older bro is younger. We used to dress our bro up as a girl😁hah!

Do you think you have a baker's cyst? Your leg pain?

I was COVID negative! As I expected, but i could tell Paul was relieved about his. He knows he has been putting me in danger having to work.

Glad you enjoyed the crumpet /pyklet.😋

Of course that pink figaro can't be as smart as mine I need to go and find it....

Kath look at Sleek in her Maid Marion outfit! I bet she'll let Tommy have the Robin Hood one now! Thank you she looks adorable. Did you see she brought Cookie over to see you but she was too shy to come in? Apparently Carol says she has promised to come inside our houses next time 😍

I have been to Dawlish warren in real life! Took our girls when they were about the same age as you were! It's such a pretty part of the country thank you so much for taking us all. Sleek enjoyed it very much luckily she was scared of the swans😉

She said she's making you and Chris a pole tis. I think it's for Chris' leg🤢 get a peg ready for your nose.

Today is 🥐 it being Aidan's breakfast I must ask Bill if he has kept up the tradition...

Waiting for Ray to see Gary in prison on Coronation street!

Carol lovely pics of the GGchildren. Lillie looks so grown up now! How the other two want to be like her you can see they all love each other. I see a little boy with a choccy-face!! Now I wonder what colour is the wool in the squishy parcel🤔

Youngest daughter must have had a relatively normal life through this pandemic, but she has taken risks for others which makes her a good person.

I can't see a thing and am looking like Claudia Winkleman! Open up hairdressers! As for my roots well don't go there!

Mr T is a man sadly some do bottle things up and they shouldn't it's not good. Best to talk to someone - anyone. If you have suffered with depression in the past you probably know how to avoid it now.

Sleek is just visiting Cookie today at yours and will take her to see Kath again next week she knows she is a bit scared yet. I hope they don't flick too much litter about🙄

Saturday already?!

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) you and Chris ((())) have a good weekend and your Dad ((())) and Anita ((())) and Val ((())) how is Holly ((())) thank you for the photo's of Dawlish I have never been there.

Mike ((())) that's good you've had your injection that was a kind taxi driver love to Elliott ((())) and vixen ((()))

Carol ((())) lovely photo's have knitted with the wool that's two colours. Love to Mr T ((())) and all your family ((()))

Barbara ((())) have you got new knee's ((())) I hope Mr B's pain is not too bad ((())) love to your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())) how are your poorly neighbours ((()))

Toni (((())) nearly all the carers are off the boss is doing sue on her own today they say they had the other injection so their arm aches and it's heavy I think they cannot be short of money. Love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

No there could not be another pink Figaro with the same colour seats has yours I hope you see it one day ((()))

love to Bill (((())) Chris ((())) Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Mike1
    Options

Mike well done you I only had a bit of dizziness and queasiness first night and a sore arm, but now all is well and back to normal after my jab. Did you sleep? I hope you made a note of the taxi driver's name and will use him again.👍️I am glad Vixen likes the home help.

Well, I was a bit previous announcing that I had no symptoms! By midnight I had a headache and waking this morning (3am) I have a sore arm and feel a bit spaced out. The taxi is from the next village to the North (St Hilary) so I keep it in my phone and is the only one I will use. The driver said, understandably, that their work has been decimated over recent months and the bulk of their work is taking people to and from the surgery which is only about a mile and a half away to the South (Marazion).

• barbara12
    Options

Afternoon all

Mike what a shame you didn't get the sleep effect..that would have been nice for you

I think this virus has brought the best out of some people..good on the taxi driver for not charging ..hope you feel better today xx

Carol I can't wait to have a proper hair cut..at the min I get Mr B to take the ends off 😅don't ask

Nice to be knitting for another ggc.the photos are lovely ..there little faces 2😁xx

Joan I don't have knew knees yet just hips ..but don't they they will last much longer.. I have lost count if what you have had replaced..remind us..love to all of you xx

Toni I bet Bill does have his Saturday croissants ..I am glad your test were negative and can understand Paul worrying over you..we have our youngest son here has you know and he works in people's houses.. 🙄

Mr B had a baker's cyst and it burst..gosh he was in agony..I can't feel a swelling at the back of the knee more the front and top..

Right better go

Love to all

Xxxcc

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Oh dear me Barbara I hope the Arthritis isn't in your knee now. I wouldn't be surprised though 🤞 Poor Mr B having a baker's cyst😣

I bet Bill does have his French brekkie and I also wonder if Kath doesn't like hers she has Saturday's off the net doesn't she now? She'll be back today for her cooked brekkie!

I know your son worries over you I bet he was glad you had your jab too. Thing is they have to work. Electrical and plumbing are kind of essential. Hope it's not too long before they get their's. Paul is 60 on Wednesday! Bless him.

I think you are right the virus has brought out the best in some people.

Joan Sue had the boss! Was she any good? How many did Sue give her out of 10? I will see my neighbours today and P and the chap who is 93 we are doing a sunday dinner takeaway run🙂

Mike Oh dear me. That's what i was like after my vaccine. It's because we are so YOUNG(!!!!) they reckon it affects younger people worse😁 Still worth it though I'm sure you agree. Such a shame for businesses that this virus has done so much damage I hope your driver has had at least some help from the Government.

Kath breakfast is ready! Extra eggs for you. Beans optional! Sleek says she will see you later🤨

Carol has the wool arrived? What colour did you chose? I would do white I think.

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Mike (((())) which vaccine did you have ((())) all the best to Elliott ((())) vixen (())

Barbara ((())) what is a Baker's cyst sorry Mr B ((())) has it. I have a new knee and a hip and pop's on my foot.

Love to your son ((()))Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni (((())) enjoy your meal all of you ((())) Happy Birthday to Paul ((())) when it comes. Love to Charley ((()) Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((()))Tia ((())) Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((())) sue said the boss was good but not has quick being older.

Kath ((())) love to all (()))

love to Bill ((())) Carol ((())) Chris ((())) Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Mike1
    Options

Mike (((())) which vaccine did you have ((())) all the best to Elliott ((())) vixen (())

I had the Oxford Astrazeneca vaccine, in Cornwall you can only get the Pfizer one at the main hospital as they are the only place that can store it, I preferred the one I had anyway.

• Kitty
    Options

Joan, Holly has been given a new bed by social services, and they don't need to keep a check on her now as she is obviously taking care of her sister well. She is such a good mum to her own two and also her sister who she is fostering. I'm very proud of her. She is always very grateful for the extra bit of spending money we help her out with.

Toni, sorry if you can't understand me talking with a full mouth. 😘 I did see Cookie chiking through the bushes. Sleek looks adorable in the Maid Marian costume. I'll keep looking out for her with the poltis. t should help Chris's leg no end, bless her. Clothes peg at the ready. It will have to be a big one for my nose.

Carol. I'm very lucky with my hair, Chris and I shaved each others heads yesterday, so we are both baldies again. Tee Hee.

Gather up your pusskins, we are off to Boston, Lincolnshire.

Boston is a port and market town in Lincolnshire, on the east coast of England, about 100 miles (160 km) north of London. It is the largest town of the wider Borough of Boston local government district. The town itself had a population of 35,124 at the 2001 census, while the borough had a total population of 66,900, at the ONS mid-2015 estimates. It is north of Greenwich on the Prime Meridian.

Boston's most notable landmark is St Botolph's Church ("The Stump"), the largest parish church in England, visible for miles around from the flat lands of Lincolnshire. Residents of Boston are known as Bostonians. Emigrants from Boston named several other settlements around the world after the town, most notably BostonMassachusetts, in the United States.

The Stump, viewed from the Market Place: The statue of the journalist and politician Herbert Ingram is in the left foreground.

Maud Foster Mill

Puffin and Fox both taken by Bostonian wildlife photographer, Dean Eades.

• barbara12
    Options

Evening all

It's been a really nice day ..we drove and had a walk in our park ..so many people out enjoying themselves..

Joan a baker's cyst is caused by arthritis of the knee ..you get the cyst at the back of⁹ it..Mr Bs burst into his leg..he went to hospital in agony..so you have one hip and one new knee..I don't fancy having my knees replaced I know they are more complicated than hips ..love to all of you xx

Toni what a breakfast..was it ti share..sorry I didn't know..🤣

Yes some people have to work.. like you say the poor businesses are really suffering 😒I still think its wrong to be able to buy anything from supermarkets with 100s of other people ..yet small shops are closed.. 😒

Nice to have your Sunday dinners ..we haven't had one for a while.. 2 have now stopped doing them..xx

Mike we had the Oxford jab..hopefully we will all get the second one within the 12 weeks xx

Kath we have been to Boston on our way to Lincoln I think ..its really nice ..

I am hoping Chris's leg is not to bad and miss sleek helped in some way

Our youngest son cuts Mr bs hair with a razor..wish I was brave enough to go that short 🙂xx

Right I'm off to bed early

Live to everyone xxxx

Love
    Barbara