Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,933
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((()))) has your roof been fixed I remember you saying the weather was not bad enough for it to be done.

Love to Chris ((()))Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) what is happening about your leg do you have to go back up the hospital ((())) love to Mr B ((())) your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) I hope all is well there ((())) love.to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie (((()))) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

love to Bill ((()))Chris ((())) Carol (((())) Mig ((())) Mike ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Joan, we are still waiting for our roof to be fixed, but at least we are warm - unlike you and Sue. I think we should send a nasty letter to your landlord.GRRRR.

Barbara, I'm so pleased you've had your jabs, the same one as we had. I'm sorry to hear you're back on teo crutches. I have a pair but have never used them. Much prefer my rollator although now I don't go outside I haven't used that for ages. I'm glad you all enjoyed High Ash Farm. They do a podcast (The Countryside Hour) on Radio Norfolk. It's on the BBC Sounds.

Toni, I'm sure if Sleek sees an Avocet she wouldn't chase it. Thank you foe my Oeuf en Crumpet.

Today we are off to Malta. Malta has been inhabited since approximately 5900 BC. Its location in the centre of the Mediterranean has historically given it great strategic importance as a naval base, with a succession of powers having contested and ruled the islands, including the Phoenicians and Carthaginians, Romans, GreeksArabs, Normans, Aragonese, Knights of St. John, French, and British. Most of these foreign influences have left some sort of mark on the country's ancient culture.

Malta became a British colony in 1813, serving as a way station for ships and the headquarters for the British Mediterranean Fleet. It was besieged by the Axis powers during World War II and was an important Allied base for operations in North Africa and the Mediterranean. The British parliament passed the Malta Independence Act in 1964, giving Malta independence from the United Kingdom as the State of Malta, with Queen Elizabeth II as its head of state and queen. The country became a republic in 1974. It has been a member state of the Commonwealth of Nations and the United Nations since independence, and joined the European Union in 2004; it became part of the eurozone monetary union in 2008

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Afternoon all

Leg still very painful.. but good news jab all done and all is well..

Joan I am getting nowhere with the doctors.. but I suppose it's strange times and I'm not on my own..you are always thinking of others bless..I know you both have a lot going on..love to all if you (((()))) xx

Toni I have never had egg on crumpets.. now something I will have to try..thankyou

We have facetimed Niamh but can't risk having her here really.. gosh we miss her smiley face..

Yes the crutches are hard work..I didn't use 2 for long when I had my hips replaced.. 🙄

But I am positive and it will go soon 🤗🤞

Are you still picking up you traveller in March.. its good to have something to look forward to.😁.and how is P managing 🌈🌈love these rainbow ..and so did our Aidan xx

Love to everyone

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options

Evening everyone

just realised I haven’t posted for a couple of days but Monday and Tuesday went by in a flash. Again I seemed to have spent the two afternoons on the telephone or on video calls . I had a nice long video call chat with our youngest granddaughter yesterday i think I spent around 1& a half hours on the call. I don’t get calls that long from her very often as she like her mum always seem to be at work. We both agreed it was lovely to have a long chat just the two of us. She is on 2 weeks holiday at the moment. Also had video calls from youngest daughter. Although she is at work she works in a special needs school she only worked Monday and as from yesterday she is home till Monday as the school is closed due to lack of staff for various reasons.

youngest daughter mr T and myself all seemed to have very minor side effects from the jab achey arm on Saturday, on Sunday a slight headache all day , and Monday & yesterday feeling very tired, although yesterday wasn’t as bad as Monday today mrT and myself both ok 👌 today.

Toni we both had the Oxford jab too our youngest had the Pfizer jab. Yummy egg on crumpets yes please.

Barbara I use one crutch and that is always using my left hand and i managed ok with the sore arm although it was a bit uncomfortable I must say. I hope you are not suffering having to use 2. I only use 2 at night if I have to get up for the loo which I always do because I take water tablets. hope your Leg is feeling better soon

Joan wen will you and Sue be getting your vaccinations or have you had them. Hope you are both well

Monday was Faye’s 5th Birthday 🎂 a Friday is Lillie’s Birthday 🎂

it’s time for me to post this now as time has run away with me once again. Love and sparkles to you all

❤️❤️❤️❤️🌈🌈🌈🌈

Stay positive always👍xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options

Morning everyone 💜

Joan thank you all is well here. I hope also with you. I saw my lovely neighbours with P yesterday we showed them the new village sign which will soon be erected in the village. P painted one side Kari the other. P is just amazing still up and walking her dog. Incredible. ((())) to you and Sue

Barbara do you think it's an issue with your hip that pain in your leg? It seems really odd for it not to improve at all. I would certainly push for further investigations after another week. The 🌈 🌈are Aidan's idea for support when one of us is extra rough.

I am so sorry you can't see Niamh I am sure you miss her little face and chatter 😕She cheered up the whole house. Ah well soon your vaccine will begin to afford you some protection.

I was just saying to Joan P is doing so well. She is definitely thinner, but still out and walking her dog. Takes a bit more morphine so is tireder and also feels more out of breath, but still busy busy!

We should be collecting the motorhome yes March 2nd if Boris says we can of course. I am very excited and will start out probably by visiting Lucy if Nicola (Sturgeon) allows.

Kath did Sleek pop in yesterday? She said she was coming over to see how you both are.

I love Hoopoes! We get them in France - Aidan would have backed me up there they make such a cute call.

Malta was fab-u-lous! (another Aidanism) I loved it some warmth felt quite chilly coming home afterwards. Sleek came again in her cat-pack

Glad you enjoyed your posh egg crumpet!!!

I think a firm letter to your landlord is in order you know about that roof 🤔

Nice to see you Carol. Charley and her GF both had reactions to their vaccines. High temps very sore arms, headaches and even vomiting. They are fine now it wasn't for long at all and is apparently a good sign and may be because they had suspected COVID back in March last year. I am glad you two are ok now after yours. They were Oxford too like you.

Lovely to have a long chat your your Grandaughter on the phone isn't it? She had time being off work. I heard a lot of people are feeling a bit sad having time off work and not able to 'do anything'.

Some birthdays looming then? Lillie will be 9 and faye 5😮that's a shock! Time really does seem to fly doesn't it?

I hope your youngest daughter is still getting to see you being in your bubble. Don't want her feeling too lonely with all her time off😕

Give Cookie a chin scratch from her Aunty Toni please!

Hi to Mike in case you pop by hope all is well with you, Vixen and the family.

Scotch pancakes. Will one of our five a day on top😁

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Hi to Mike in case you pop by hope all is well with you, Vixen and the family.

Thanks, I pop in 2 or 3 times a day to see if there is any help I can offer and always read all the posts even if I do not comment. Vixen is fine thanks and, as I have not heard anything about Elliott, I presume he is doing OK too.

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) I'm sorry your roof has not been fixed yet ((())) love to Chris ((())) how is his leg ((())) Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) I'm sorry about your leg ((()))) have you sent a photo of your leg to the Doctors. Love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your Brother ((())) and his his girlfriend (((())) how are the couple near you that had the virus ((()))

Carol ((())) no we have not had our jabs yet. Happy birthday to Lillie on Friday (((())) love to Mr T ((()))

Toni ((())) March is not long we might have better weather then. love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) she is doing so well (((()))) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Mike ((())) and Elliott ((()))

Love to Bill ((()))Chris (((())) Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Hello all, beautiful and sunny, but very cold.

Barbara, sorry about your leg, Chris's is still playing him up too.

Toni, yes we had a lovely visit from Miss Sleek, all togged up in her thermals and waterproofs. She was a real tonic.

UK minister announces launch of mix-and-match Covid jab trial

The UK vaccine deployment minister, Nadhim Zahawi, says volunteers are being sought for a world-first trial giving a first dose of one vaccine type and a second dose of another. Run by the University of Oxford, it will recruit 820 people over the age of 50 to receive a first dose of either the Oxford/AstraZeneca or Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine

Gad you enjoyed Malta, Hoopoes are very pretty. Wrap up warm, we're going to NI.

Carnlough (/kɑːrnˈlɒx/ karn-LOKH; from Irish Carnlach 'place of cairns') is a village in County AntrimNorthern Ireland. It has a picturesque harbour on the shores of Carnlough Bay. Carnlough is on the Coast Road beside the North Channel and at the foot of Glencloy, the second of the nine Glens of Antrim. It is situated in Mid and East Antrim district, as well the historic barony of Glenarm Lower, and the civil parishes of Ardclinis and Tickmacrevan. It had a population of 2,084 people in 2016

By Hajotthu, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=49793012

By Yerman (talk) (Uploads) - Own work, Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=35189966

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12
    Options

Evening all

It's been a lovely day I think spring us not long away

Kath you are taking us to far away places..did I miss Malta my late dad used to visit there ..

Poor Chris he must be suffering with that leg..I'm so relieved mine wasn't a clot..just wish I knew what it was ..

I am going yo gave a look for these birds songs thankyou 😁xx

Joan thankyou.. there is nothing to show on this leg ..just pain but I will get there.. have you had your jabs yet or are they soon ..love to all of you xx

Carol the ggc are sprouting up has they say..must say I haven't use two crutches since my THRs..don't they get in the way..

Glad you had a nice long chat with your daughter..hopefully not long before you can meet up.. glad all is well after your jab..same here so far..xx

Toni pancakes 😋 P is a strong lady bless her...I am pleased she is getting out and about with her doggie..we do miss Niamh but hoping it won't be much longer..

A new village sign and all painted by Kari and P ..brilliant you will feel nice abd safe in your mobile home..let have our fingers crossed for Scotland xx

Better go

Love to all

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Morning!

Hi Mike 🙂

Joan yes it will soon be March February being a short month. P is just amazing bless her. I hope it won't be too long before the nurse comes and does your jabs ((())) xxx

Kath I am happy to mix and match my vaccines where do I sign up?. I watched a webinar on vaccines on Wednesday (I think) with Prof Phil Spector amongst others very interesting it was.

Sleek always wraps up warm I think she's coming again today she said you made her a tuna latte?

Malta was fabulous, but N Ireland has always been on my list of places to visit so I enjoyed it too. The harbour was lovely. I had a Guinness first one ever. Might be the last too it went straight to my head.🤢

The Northern Fulmar has a lovely call....chatter chatter!

Have you seen Holly lately? Hope they are all doing ok.

Barbara I wish we knew what was wrong with that leg I am worried it's your joints playing up, but until they let you have some sort of image taken you just won't know. 😕

P is very strong yes. Really looking forward to having the village sign erected and it must be done while P can still enjoy seeing it. She has to vranish her side of the sign yet then up it can go!

I hope it's not too long before the figures start to drop and you can see Niamh again life just can't be the same for you all ((()))

How is your bro doing?

Breakfast...hmmmm🤔

Veg/vegan option available!

Hi to anyone who pops by 😘

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) it seems we are going to have more snow. Any news on your roof being fixed yet ((())) love to Chris ((())) Anita (((())) and Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) have you heard from the lady ((())) who lived next door to you. I hope your find out about your leg soon (((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh (())) and your Brother ((())) how is he ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) they say we've past the peak of the virus now good. Love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((()))) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) and P ((())) she's doing so well (((()))

love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Carol (((())) Mig ((())) Mike ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    edited 5. Feb 2021, 10:02
    Options

Another sunny morning, but the weather forecast or the weekend doesn't look good. 😕

Toni, thank you for the breakfast butty. I hope you don't mind, but I rather fancied this today - good for my bones.

PAN-FRIED SARDINE FILLETS ON TOAST

JANUARY 6, 2020 BY LAURA 2 COMMENTS

Fresh sardines are one of those awesome types of fish that I love to cook with. they’re often crazy cheap, which means you don’t have to break the bank to eat them regularly. They’re also really good for you – full of omega-3 and those healthy kinds of fat that we all need in our diet. And they couldn’t be any easier to cook with.

This recipe is unbelievably simple. It takes about 10 minutes to make, from start to finish and yet the flavours are so powerful and each bite is so enjoyable, you’ll feel like a lot more time and care has been put into these babies.

INGREDIENTS

• 12 fresh sardine fillets (from 6 sardines, which is around 1/2 lb), cleaned and gutted
    • 3 tbsp olive oil
    • 2 tbsp lemon juice
    • 1/2 tsp salt
    • 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
    • 1/2 red chilli pepper, finely chopped
    • 1/2 tbsp fresh parsley, roughly chopped

METHOD

1. Begin by taking 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and 1 tbsp of the lemon juice and mixing them together. Then brush each of the sardine fillets with this mixture and sprinkle the salt over them.
    2. Next, place a large saucepan on a medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. When it is hot, add in the garlic and Chilie and fry for 2 minutes.
    3. Place the sardine fillets skin side down in the pan and leave to cook for around 3 minutes, until the fresh has turned white and less translucent. At the same time, toast the bread.
    4. Plate up the toast and place 3 sardine fillets on each slice. Use the remaining olive oil and lemon juice to drizzle over the sardines, then sprinkle with parsley and serve!

I always try to give Sleek a Tuna latte, maybe I'll try her with Sardine Latte today. I am so excited she is coming over again. 🐈️ XX

Barbara, I'm sorry you missed Malta, I love bird song. There used to be a Birdsong Radio Station on DAB radio, it's now a download on the RSPB website.

Llandudno   is a seaside resort, town and community in Conwy County Borough, Wales, located on the Creuddyn peninsula, which protrudes into the Irish Sea. In the 2011 UK census, the community — which includes GogarthPenrhyn Bay, Craigside, Glanwydden, Penrhynside, and Bryn Pydew — had a population of 20,701. The town's name is derived from its patron saint, Saint Tudno.

Llandudno is the largest seaside resort in Wales, and as early as 1861 was being called 'the Queen of the Welsh Watering Places'[3] (a phrase later also used in connection with Tenby[4] and Aberystwyth;[5] the word 'resort' came a little later). Historically a part of Caernarfonshire, Llandudno was formerly in the district of Aberconwy within Gwynedd.

By Nigel Swales - originally posted to Flickr as Llandudno, Wales, CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=10004902

By Black Stripe - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=8027554

• barbara12
    Options

Evenung all

Another nice day here..but think the cold is back soon..

Toni the egg and sausage butty looked so good 😁

I suppose if things had been OK I would have had some image took of this leg..but its not getting any better so will have to push for something

P is amazing bless her..and it will be nice for her to see the sign up in all its glory 😁

My brother is doing ok thankyou just fed up with lockdown ..he is used to going on little holidays and day trips..

Niamh facetimed..bless she was doing her times table to me..😅..but she doesn't like doing the lessons that have been set..xx

Joan I don't see much of my neighbour with lockdown but she text regular...she is nicely settled in there new house.. hope you get your jab soon..must say we don't have any side effects..love to all of you..xx

Kath we used to go to Llandudno around twice a tear its nice and fast and plenty of seating 😁

You have reminded me how much I used to like sardines on toast ..think I will get some its the only oily fish I like

Loving the info on the birds..thankyou

Love to everyone

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

WELCOME any new visitors and revisitors

Hi Joan we are due snow tomorrow again apparently let's hope not eh?🤞Thank you for saying we've passed the peak of this awful virus that's cheered me up.🙂 ((())) xxx

Kath Sleek loved the sardine latte she was full of it when she got home, but the bad news is she plans to bring you a mackerel milkshake today😮to say thank you🤢

Those sardines on toast looked lovely almost tempted me! We used to have them for lunch sometimes in the school holidays 😋My Mum always did something on toast for lunch!

Llandudno was fabulous I really enjoyed myself on the beach. It was breezy, but smelled lovely like it always does 🙂 Sleek reckoned she might try a seagull if we go again🙄 She wouldn't bother really and I'd be more worried they'd get her! She likes it in her cat pack luckily.

Cookoo! lovely call we have some/one near here because i hear him/her when I am outside sometimes🙂

Barbara yes i am sure you will have to push for further investigations Hip back and knee I think so you can see what is going on.

I never liked my times tables either Niamh ((())) I remember it vividly. We had a stand in teacher for a term and it is ALL we did🙄

Paul must be like your bro he hates being trapped inside not able to just do little day trips and meals out. Such a shame, but soon i hope. Just get more of the population vaccinated.

Good to hear your neighbour is still in touch and she and the children are ok.

Oily fish is very good for you

Today we are having Aidan's breakfast, but two choices on the menu in case anyone is bored with it.🤔

and

Mushrooms on toast with poached egg on top 😋

Hi to Mike and Carol hope all is well with you both 🙂

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) I hope you have a good weekend love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) it's only you who knows how much your leg hurts so you need to tell your Doctor ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your son ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())) it's nice your neighbour still keeps in touch with you ((()))

Toni ((())) I hope you all have a good weekend ((())) how is Lucy doing (((())) love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) and P (((())) P is so good all the best to her ((()))

love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((())) Mike ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Mike1
    Options

Hi to Mike and Carol hope all is well with you both 👍️

• barbara12
    Options

Evening all a very wet day

Well we haven't had any side effects off the vaccine.. I was ready for them just in case..🙂

Joan thankyou ..I can never get over how much something is hurting..I try and laugh it off so that doesn't help 🤭..oh well ...how are you all doing..I was thinking the doggies will be no wiser with this virus bless um wish I was one.....xx

Toni I had the mushrooms on toast thankyou

Joan is right going off our hospital there were 2019 patients in a week ago ..they are now down to 45..

Yes this lockdown is effecting people differently.. hopefully very soon it will be gone ..can you imagine how strange it will be..

I liked my tunes tables but had a really bad memory so would learn them.. go to school the next day abd blank.. 😅xx

No Kath hope they are both OK.. xx

Right I'm off love to everyone

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

BILL has managed his house move and loves the new place I hope he will be very happy there.

Wow Barbara that is fabulous news about your hospital. The lockdown is working. Now we need the population vaccinated so it STAYS down 👇 right down 👇 GONE!

Ah so you could learn your times tables, but not retain them!!😁

I am so glad you didn't have any side effects to the vaccine, but wise to be ready. I usually have a sore arm with my flu jab so expect that when it's my turn.

Saw my lovely neighbour yesterday to pass on their shop. Both his hips need doing now. One far worse than the other, but I could see it when he was walking bless him. Suspect it will be a wait for him even though he has his wife to care for.

Also went for a socially distanced walk with Tia yesterday which was lovely Paul went a different way with her husband and the dog.

Joan Lucy seems to be doing ok I spoke to her yesterday. Paul has to work up there soon (early March) so hopes to visit at least from the doorway. I told you my lovely neighbours had their vaccine a week ago Friday? They are fine starting to fell a tiny bit safer although he needs both hips doing now🙄

Kath I very much hope all is well. I expect it was just a very busy delivery day for you? I had Tesco then to take the shop to Kari and my neighbours.

Sleek reckoned you were fine yesterday but i am worried that you tried the mackerel milkshake she made for you and are now 🤢

Hi to Mike and Vixen.🐱

Also to Carol. How are you managing your Church services? Ours is zooming!

Sunday so we can be greedy and have a cooked breakfast

and we will have Sunday roasts on later all meats available along with

for veggies!

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Barbara (((())) that's good the virus is going down where you are. Don't worry about your leg ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) they say we are all having snow from to day we will see. Love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) Nice you could go for a walk with her love to Kari ((())) and P (((())) and your lovely neighbours ((())) Nice Bill has found a place he likes ((()))

love to Chris (((())) Carol.((())) Mig ((())) Mike ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    edited 7. Feb 2021, 12:42
    Options

Hello all, Toni. yes I've decided that from now on Saturday will be an internet free day. I have a nosy on my iPad but that's it. I did drink the milk shake so's not to upset Sleek. I kept reminding myself how good it was for my bones. 🤑

Barbara, sometimes I feel like chopping my leg off. Arrrgh! from the hip right down to my foot. 😩

Joan, has your heating been fixed yet? I do worry about you in this cold weather..

Today we are off to Norfolk. Wells-next-the-Sea is a small town and port on the North Norfolk coast of England.

The civil parish has an area of 16.31 km2 (6.30 sq mi) and in 2001 had a population of 2,451, reducing to 2,165 at the 2011 census.

Wells is 15 miles (24 km) to the east of the resort of Hunstanton, 20 miles (32 km) to the west of Cromer, and 10 miles (16 km) north of Fakenham. The city of Norwich lies 32 miles (51 km) to the south-east. Nearby villages include BlakeneyBurnham MarketBurnham ThorpeHolkham and Walsingham.

Lifeboat coming back

By MOTORAL1987 - Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=93611337

Pink footed goose

• barbara12
    Options

Evening all

Toni I trued the veggie option for breakfast.. a really nice change..

It's really nice to know Bill is settling into his own place.. a new chapter for him ..

Your poor neighbour needing both hips replacing like you say it could be a while..gosh i feel for him...I know the pain and I only waited around 6 weeks fir each one ..I hope they send soon for him..

Now I always get a sore arm withe flu but not with this...very strange indeed..

So you all had a walk and went different ways..think this us what Mr B and i need to do at the min 😅xx

Joan thankyou I am hoping your heating will be fixed soon..yes they say snow is on the way ...I am hoping it misses us this time..and you of course love to all if you xx

Kath I said to Mr B I could happily chop this leg off.. 😒

Aww the seals are lovely..we went to Skegness once to see all the baby's on one of the beaches..what a noise they make.. I hadn't been to Norfolk ..we always said we would like to hire a boat on the broads but didn't get round to it ..hope you don't get the snow..xx

Our new neighbours dig keeps jumping the fence and coming to ours..so that was 2 cats and one dog today.. 😁

Live to all

Xxxxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    edited 8. Feb 2021, 06:38
    Options

Morning everyone.

How is the snow? We have a light covering ATM and in theory 17 hours more of the stuff due today 🙄

Joan yes Bill seems very happy with his new home. Must have been tough, but as Barbara says a new chapter he is young yet. I hope you don't get too much snow if you get it. How do the dogs manage in deep snow? ((())) xxx

Kath I will not worry about you on Saturdays from now on. We love Norfolk especially Blakeney. Thank you 🙂wasn't it lovely seeing those seals?! Sleek was so well behaved in the cat pack just peeping out and watching everything. Her ears pricked up to the pink legged goose call, but that's it bless her no thinking about trying to catch one. She is a happy pusskin so long as she's with people.

I suggested that the milkshake might be a bit rich for you so from now on she will probably only bring you sardines or tuna in tins. Probably. I think it's rollmop herrings today in a jar🤢

I also worry about Joan's heating. I honestly think it is disgusting😡

Barbara had a garden full of other people's animals! They need to heighten the fence if they have a jumper next door😂

We walked different ways so we were in twos as that's all you're allowed at the moment isn't it? Honestly as Paul is still working we are having enough space from each other 👍️

Tia will come over again on Wednesday for a walk with the dog and me...I'll see if P will let me borrow her doggie he's such a good boy and role model for Tia's wayward rescue!

I hope it's not too long for my neighbour but who knows with this pandemic. They are doing a dexa now too to check for osteoporosis. Xrays and bloods all done nice and quickly. He is a carer of course. They adore each other so I know she will be worried for him.

If we are getting snow I have a feeling you might too you know....North Staffs isn't so far away is it?

I hope Mike and Vixen are ok. I suspect no snow there at least🤞

and love to Carol Mr T and Miss Cookie too.

Kedgeree for a change

HELLO to anyone who pops by help yourself to a cuppa

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

. Thank you for thinking about our heating I phoned them last Friday he kept apologising and said they will get my message on Monday so we shall see.

Kath ((())) I will think about you on Saturdays. Love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())). and Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) we have a little bit of snow I hope you don't have any. Love to Mr B ((())) your Son (()) and Niamh ((())) and your Brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni (((())) you take care on your walks if you have snow ((())) love to Paul ((())) Charley ((()) and Annie (((())) and the carers (())) and Lucy ((()) Tia (((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours (((()))

love to Bill ((()))Chris ((())) Carol (((())) Mig (((())) Mike ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Mike1
    Options

I hope Mike and Vixen are ok. I suspect no snow there at least🤞

We are both OK thanks, Vixen is currently sprawled on my wheelchair which is right beside a radiator in my bedroom. No snow down here, in fact it is quite warm and clear blue skies ............ sorry!

• Kitty
    Options

Barbara, we have definitely had a thin layer of snow here. But my Amazon order was delivered tout suite. I had to get myself a new nebuliser as my old one has stopped working, As you know from FB, I also bought myself a Flutter. It's supposed to help my breathing and exercise my lungs.

Joan, I think we ought to send a posse round to those people. We can't have our lovely twins freezing. What do Sue's carers think about the situation?

Mike, I'm glad to hear you and Vixen are safe and warm.

Toni, Rollmop Herrings, I've always fancied trying them so thank you. Although I also fancy Kedgeree - well anything made from fish actually. Sleek was probably a little in awe of the seals. I know Skegness has a Seal Sanctuary. They release them on the beach when they are strong enough.

Sending love to Bill, Carol, mig, Chris and all our friends. Now where is our trip today? Somewhere snow free. New Zealand I think. A sizeable (for New Zealand) lakeside town punctured in places by steaming vents, Rotorua is the focal point of the North Island’s celebrated thermal plateau. But, aside from all the belching mud pools and frothing geysers, it’s also a town ringed by crystal-clear freshwater lakes, green mountains, and thriving native bushland.