Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,418
    Options

Morning everyone! All waiting to hear Boris' plan today? (Apologies to anyone who is in our other Countries)

Joan It's good to hear the boss is still up to the job and can roll her sleeves up! Did Sue tell her she was good still? We had a lovely Sunday lunch it was nice to see P and my neighbours dropping off the food I was paul's helper. He put it all in the cool box which keeps it warm on the way home from the café . Paul is 60 on Wednesday😮

Mike I had Pfizer I think they are both wonderful and I was like you so happy just to be vaccinated🙂. My eldest and her Fiancée both had Oxford with work.

Kath I like Boston and have been many times years ago. Nice and Flat hence the windmills! Sleek was wrapped up warm in her cat-pack not too heavy although she can wriggle a bit. The Church is a really beautiful one isn't it? I wonder whether we could visit in our motorhome when it comes.🤔Paul is in Lincoln today with work!

I hope the poltis is helping Chris' leg I think that was her idea. Apparently it's an old Tosca recipe out of the 'book'. So it should work.

I'm glad you could see Cookie peeking at you. I think she will come inside next time.

Good to hear Social Services are happy with Holly's care of her sister. A new bed will always help as will a little extra from her 'adopted' Mum and Dad - you and Chris.

Feel free to talk with your mouth full😁have you got your bib on?! at least you won't get cake in your hair now it's cut if you face plant!

Barbara no Sunday dinners?! That's terrible! Time to start looking around we all deserve a treat every now and then don't we?

We also went for a walk into the town centre as it was Sunday and no-one was out much. It was sad to see so many closed shops though 😕

I think it is unfair the sort of pound shops allowed to be open as they sell 'food' (yeah? Crisps and biscuits not much more!) and sell everything else while the smaller shops might well not survive. It really is so upsetting to think what will be left. Paul says 'new' things will spring up I hope he is right.

I cut a tiny bit off my fringe every few weeks, but am definitely not brave enough to go really short either.

I have been looking for mother of the bride dresses again! Online of course.Right better get dressed I think. Paul is on a course for the National Grid today.

Love of course to Carol mr T and Cookie. Hope all is well with everyone in the family. Get

Right breakfast I fancy some cosy food as it's raining here...ready brek

Got adventurous with some fruit to add to our 5 a day!

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,926
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) that's easy for you to wash your hair save on shampoo as well good ((())) love to Chris ((())) Holly is a lovely caring person ((())) Love to Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) I hope all is well there ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((()))) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) i hope everyone had a good weekend love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours (((())))

Mike I hope you have a good day ((())) and Elliott ((())) and vixen

love to Bill ((())). Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Hello you lovely lot, I hope you are warm an safe.

Toni I've helped myself to two bowls of Ready Brek. I haven't had it since I was a kid. I must admit, although it's easy to make, I much prefer proper porridge, although I draw the line at having salt in it. I don't particularly like sugar either, so I'll blob a spoonful of honey instead.I hear that school's are due to go back on March 8th. Holly will be pleased, so will the girls.

Barbara, everybody seems to have been to Boston. Perhaps I'll choose somewhere else in Lincolnshire.As iy's nice and flat, it will be easier walking.

Joan, I just need to polish it with a duster.. 😘

I wonder how many of you have hear of Tattershall? I would spend 6 weeks of summer there in my gran's caravan.

Tattershall is a village and civil parish in the East Lindsey district of Lincolnshire, England. It is situated on the A153 Horncastle to Sleaford road, 1 mile (1.6 km) east from the point where that road crosses the River Witham. At its eastern end, Tattershall adjoins the village of Coningsby, with the two being separated by the River Bain and is and 1 mile (1.6 km) south-east from the hamlet Tattershall Thorpe.

Tattershall has a unique history dating back to Roman times. Robert Eudo, in 1201, by means of a present of a well-trained goshawk, obtained from Richard II of England a grant to hold a weekly market here; and his son Robert obtained from Henry III of England a license to build a castle here, together with a grant of free-warren in all his Demesne lands. Tattershall was a settlement in Domesday Book, in the hundred of Horncastle and the county of Lincolnshire.

Tattershall Castle[edit]

Tattershall Castle was built in 1434 by Ralph de Cromwell, 3rd Baron Cromwell - Henry VI's Lord High Treasurer - on the site of an earlier 13th-century stone castle, of which some remains are extant, particularly the Grand Tower and moat.

Buttercross[edit]

An octagonal 15th-century buttercross stands in the Market Place. It is both a Grade I listed structure and an ancient scheduled monument.[9] A charter to hold a weekly market was granted by King John in 1201 in return for an annual fee of a trained goshawk. Markets are no longer held but the buttercross remains at the centre of a shopping area.

The current Lord of the Manor of Tattershall is Julian Fellowes, actor, screenwriter and youngest son of Peregrine Fellowes. The current Lady of the Manor, Emma Kitchener-Fellowes, is the great great niece of Lord Kitchener 

Coningsby Church which only has a one handed clock face.

Coningsby is also an RAF airbase.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Evening all

Another nice day here so Sat in the shed watching the birds.. 😁and the fish are fine and hungry after the freezing weather..I was worried about them when the water froze..

Toni thankyou for the readybreck..do you remember the advert something to do with Central heating for kids 😅

Did you says its Pauls Birthday this week..the big 60..wish I was again 😁..hope I haven't missed it..

It is sad to see the shops closing but I'm with Paul there will be opening for many new business and the old ones will prosper 😁xx

Joan all is ok here thankyou..so you have had the boss caring for Sue ..like you say the others mustn't need the money.. 🤔love to all of you xx

Kath I like Skegness because it's flat and such a lovely beach..i don't they you will be far away....I hadn't heard of Tattershall but how quaint it looks ..ahd all the info you find..thankyou xx

Love ti everyone

Xxxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Think it's going to rain again today 🙄

Went for a walk with P and her doggie yesterday perfect for me nice and steady😉

What do we all think of the up and coming new rules...or lessening thereof?

I am happy and my dear hairdresser texted me said did I want 1st apt on 12th April! Bless her! Of course I said YES!!!

Joan all is pretty well here thanks I hope it's ok with you two? Thursday and you'll have your radiator in! It had better work! ((())) xxx

Kath I really liked Tattershall had NOT been there before! Sleek was straight up 'her' castle! Bless her she loved it. I keep trying to work out whether a one handed clock face can work🤓 Too much for my small brain!

It was a lovely trip and so nice to have a pub or two in the village. 6 whole weeks every summer? Might need to add it to our list of travels in the motorhome 🙂

Glad you enjoyed the ready brek. I have some vegan honey! It's lovely, but i am tempted to eat too much! To be fair I usually have normal porridge with soya milk.

How is the politis doing? any good I bet it whiffs I can still smell it here from when Sleek made it🙊

I bet the girls are all happy to be back at school as will Holly be!

Barbara I do indeed remember the ready brek advert

central heating for kids!

Well done you sitting outside it was so sunny here too yesterday Pom and me soaked it up looking at the Church grounds a mass of purple crocuses 🙂

Paul's birthday is tomorrow! yes the big 6 0!

I've got him some super expensive brandy (he deserves it) and a funny map of the UK with silly names funny and rude ones? I imagine Tittensor is on it for example (just up the road from here and beat us to the County best kept village). I think we may see how many we can visit in our motorhome.

It's windy outside today I can see out of the window...Sleek will have to go out via her gates. Watch out Carol she's coming for Cookie then they're going to see Kath and Chris.

I hope all is well with Mike and Vixen - is it Home help day today? Get the kettle on for her and give her a slice of cake!

((())) to Elliott and family.

Breakfast for the rest of us

German breakfast apparently!

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) I remember a place called Tattershall's did they have big sales in the street. Have you been to Weymouth that's flat. Love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and your Dad ((())) yes I expect Holly ((())) will be pleased when they go back to school.

Barbara ((())) it's nice to sit somewhere and imaging you are somewhere else. Love to Mr B (((())) your son ((())) and Niamh (((()))) and your brother (((())) and his girlfriend (((())))

Toni ((())) that's nice your hairdresser phoned you ((())) love to Paul ((())) I hope he has a good day tomorrow (((())) love to Charley (((())) and Annie ((()))) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Love to Bill ((())) Chris (((())) Carol (((())) Mig ((())) Mike ((())) and Elliott ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Joan, the Tattershall I meant is a small village in Lincolnshire. I haven't been to Weymouth but if it's nice and flat it'll do for me. 😊

Toni, a German breakfast - Danke Schoen mien Fräulein. I think when that clock was built in the 15th century, they were probably only concerned with hours and not minutes. There is also a canonical sundial, dating from the 12th century, on the south wall of the church. The stinky potis weems to be working, I think I'll save some for Tesco day as his leg always causes problems then.

Thought you'd all like the latest photo of dad that Anita too yesterday.

Barbara, not long now until you will be able to give Niamh a hug, I bet you can't wait.

Just look at Esme and La'Vay

We'll stay in Lincolnshire today, Gainsborough is a market town in the West Lindsey district of Lincolnshire, England. The population of the town was 20,842 at the 2011 census, and estimated at 23,243 in 2019. It lies on the east bank of the River Trent, 18 miles (29 km) north-west of the county town of Lincoln, 15 miles (24 km) south-west of Scunthorpe, and 35 miles (56 km) east of Sheffield. At one time it had important trade downstream to Hull, as the English port furthest inland – over 55 miles (90 km) from the North Sea.

market place A weekly market was granted by King John in 1204

Historically, Gainsborough is the "capital that never was." Towards the end of July 1013, the Dane Sweyn Forkbeard, together with his son and heir Cnut (Canute), arrived in Gainsborough with an army of conquest. Sweyn defeated the Anglo-Saxon opposition and King Ethelred fled the country. Sweyn was declared King of England, and he returned to Gainsborough. Sweyn and Cnut took up high office at the Gainsborough Castle (on the site of the present-day Old Hall), while his army occupied the camp at Thonock (today known as Castle Hills).[6] But King Sweyn died (or perhaps was killed) five weeks later in Gainsborough. His son Cnut established a base elsewhere.

Cnut may have performed his unsuccessful attempt to turn the tide back in the River Trent at Gainsborough.[citation needed] Historians believe he may have been demonstrating on the aegir, a tidal bore. He and his supporters may have known Gainsborough was the furthest reach of the aegir, and ideal for his demonstration. However the story was only written down a century later by Henry of Huntingdon, who gives no location, and may have been a myth or a fable.

Thomas Burgh acquired the manor of Gainsborough in 1455. He built Gainsborough Old Hall between 1460 and 1480, a large, 15th-century, timber-framed medieval strong house, and one of the best-preserved manor houses in Britain. It boasts a magnificent Great Hall and strong brick tower. King Richard III in 1483 and King Henry VIII in 1541 both stayed at the Old Hall. The manor was sold to the Hickman family in 1596.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

I hope all is well with Mike and Vixen - is it Home help day today? Get the kettle on for her and give her a slice of cake!

Yes it was, well remembered, no cake but had jam tarts instead, she went away happy.

• barbara12
    Options

Evening all

Toni the breakfast looks like a Sunday dinner.. but I did tuck in..

It was so nice yesterday in my shed glad you enjoyed your walk with P nice and steady the same has we do..😁

So tomorrow is the big 60 for Paul ..tell him that is young..well it is when you are 70 nearly 71..Brandy used to be my favourite drink..used to be 😒can't drink anymore..

I think it's best to take things slowly with this lockdown I pray we don't have any more..ooh first at the hairdresser 😁😁xx

Joan not long now for your new rads.. they had better come and do it ..🤔

You are right I was dreaming I was by the sea..we have been to Weymouth and loved it especially the long sandy beach and the ferry's to France and Jersey..love to all of you xx

Kath Gainsborough we have been there well we went through ..so missed most.. on our way to an antiques center on an old airbase..boy I wish we had parked up it looks so interesting..

Holly's little girls are beautiful bless ...and I adore there names..thankyou for letting us see them..we have had an hug with Niamh wearing mask..but our other 2 gds we can't wait to see and hug them..

Blimey your dad doesn't look his age..😲xx

Mike I bet the hime help like coming to yours and being spoiled.. 😁I hope Elliot is improving ready for the next chemo xx

Guess what I have a cleaner coming tomorrow.. never had one but we do struggle with this house ..trouble is we are cleaning in readiness 😅

Love to everyone

Xxxxxccx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Oh Barbara everyone clean before the cleaner comes! 😁If you don't he/she will waste all the time tidying up before they can actually do the stuff you want them to! No way do you want them washing up or making the bed (unless it's turning the mattress!) you want them doing your skirtings and under furniture etc 👍️

My friend is a cleaner and she goes to one lady she really can't ever clean because there's washing up everywhere which can't go in the dishwasher until she unloads it🙄 The floor and beds are covered in washing and the bathroom in bottles cotton buds etc.

I'm so glad you had a Niamh hug! It's been a while since your vaccine and with your masks on. Get them in before the 8th March!

Yes I was first cancelled due this lockdown and the first one too!!! and I am a loyal customer for my hairdresser😊

Yesterday was no way as nice as Monday and today is windy too, but I am thinking of warming up the summer house for Paul's takeaway tonight? What do you think?

Mike I knew it! There had to be cake and Jam tarts will do any day! Vixen would rather have dreamies I believe ☺️I suspect Barbara is right and the next chemo session is looming for Elliott ((()))

Joan my hairdresser is lovely and always rings me first I've been going for decades! Hope you and Sue are ok you two can have your hair done too! Do you have a mobile hairdresser? ((())) xxx

Kath your Dad looks so sweet - I know he can be demanding, but I bet you miss him so much ((()))

I am glad the poltis is working and yes Sleek says Tesco day it needs to go on so Chris pulls his weight when teh delivery needs sorting! She said she will come too.

The girls look adorable don't they? You can tell they are sisters🙂Loving La'Vay's hair.

Gainsborough! Never been so thank you very much. Sleek enjoyed he market and bought plenty of fresh fish that was fun on the way home🤢

The story of King Cnut and it may have been there makes a lot of sense doesn't it? and the sundial to show the times for prayer! people were resourceful when they didn't have real clocks.

I hope all is well with Carol and the family all the GGchildren and of course Cookie and Mr T. Sleek has been over to see Cookie, but they didn't go out it was too cold and Windy apparently 🙄

Take care everyone Paul's birthday today 60! so I better bring some cake to share

Impressive eh?! It even has a little Sleek and I think Pepe on it!

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) your Dad looks a lovely man ((())) he would help anyone ((())) love to Anita ((())) and Val ((()) Holly's ((())) children are lovely.

Mike ((())) have a good day love to Elliott ((()))

Barbara ((())) that's good you having a cleaner love to Mr B ((())) and your son (((()))) and Niamh ((())) and. your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni (((())) Happy birthday to Paul ((())) love to Charley (((())) and Annie (((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy (((())) Tia (((())) Kari (((()))) and P (((())) and your lovely neighbours (((())) we have an hairdressers 5 minutes away.

love to Bill (())) Chris ((())) Carol (((())) Mig (((())))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Hello everyone. Well I'm running out of places to visit. 😏

Joan, well I think dad's a nice man, and when he was younger he did help people out. I remember when granddad took ill, dad would go up to his house every day to shave him. Sadly granddad ended up in hospital where he eventually died at the young age of 67.

This is granddad with my Uncle Bob and Aunty Kath (sadly no longer with us) Dad was youngest of 4 brothers. George, Bob, Jack. and Leonard.

Toni, Holly's girls are so sweet. Esme looks a lot like Holly, but Vay has her colouring. I think she might be mixed race.

Barbara, when I was about 25 years old, someone thought dad was my husband. Anita has also had that experience. LOL.

Anyway, let's go traveling. Potsdam  is the capital and largest city of the German state of Brandenburg. It directly borders the German capital, Berlin, and is part of the Berlin/Brandenburg Metropolitan Region. It is situated on the River Havel some 25 kilometres (16 miles) southwest of Berlin's city centre. Potsdam was a residence of the Prussian kings and the German Kaiser until 1918. Its planning embodied ideas of the Age of Enlightenment: through a careful balance of architecture and landscape, Potsdam was intended as "a picturesque, pastoral dream" which would remind its residents of their relationship with nature and reason.

The old town (main shopping street, Brandenburger Straße

The Cecilienhof Palace was the scene of the Potsdam Conference from 17 July to 2 August 1945, at which the  Allied leaders Harry S. TrumanWinston Churchill and Joseph Stalin met to decide the future of Germany and postwar Europe in general. The conference ended with the Potsdam Agreement and the Potsdam Declaration.

The Sacrower See is a German lake in the northern part of Potsdam in the State of Brandenburg.

I could have posted dozens of photos of beautiful architecture of Potsdam.

• barbara12
    Options

Hello all..

Not a nice day weather wise.. but my cleaners came..they send 2 for one hour or more if you want.. so mine will cime for one hour every 2 weeks.. they were lovely and said I must write a list and stop cleaning up 🤣

Toni Happy 60th Birthday to Paul bet he is spoiled rotten 🎂🍧🍰🍷🍺and why not..

I will certainly get the cleaner to do were we can't.. must say I am really pleased..😁xx

Joan I have staff..🤣all I need now us a cook ahd gardener..love to all if you xx

Kath they thought your dad was your husband...blimey bet he was pleased..but you not so...

So we are off to Germany Potsdam..never heard if it but how pretty..I do wish we had traveled more..xx

Sorry these are short but I have proper squiffy eyes 🙄

Love to everyone Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Morning!

Joan 5 minutes away is perfect my hairdresser is a 10 minute drive she used to be mobile but has her own little shop now. Take care of yourself and Sue good luck with the heating engineer today😊((())) xxx

Kath i do think you are right Vay is likely mixed race. They both look like sweet children I remember when Vay was too shy to look at you!

Imagine your dad being mistaken for your husband! He does look young though. He was clearly a kind man to help his Dad like that (great pic by the way what lovely memories you have). My friend who had breast cancer her wife was mistaken for her daughter at the hospital once . Luckily she thought it was funny I would have been upset I think.

We enjoyed Potsdam. Sleek took a boat out on the lake bless her. I loved the Celilienhof palace wow wasn't it pretty?! The architecture is fabulous there. I have an idea - could we go to Hungary please? I haven't been for a long time and would love to go again. We can call in to see my family.

Sleek says she will be over later and is bringing a couple of her meerkat friends

Actually this cat looks more like Mike's Vixen!

Morning/afternoon to Barbara.

TWO cleaners! That's great and yes write a list of what you really want done then what you'd love to be done if there is time. My friend likes a list. With two they could do loads in an hour. You will not look back and it will take a load off your mind 🙂

A cook and gardener next😂 Oh that made me laugh.

I found the car like my pink Figaro you know it's 2 miles from here parked on the nursing home car park. I will take Penelope over to see her one day and take a pic of them together.

Hope your eyes aren't too bad today.

Love to Carol hope all is well with everyone. Have you started knitting yet and do we know the gender of the new baby to be?

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone I used to push sue in her wheelchair and people used to say you are pushing your mother to day sue laughed.

Kath ((())) your Dad ((())) was a thoughtful and kind man ((())) love to Chris ((())) and Anita ((())) and Val ((())) Holly's children are happy ((())))

Barbara ((())) you can sit and have a drink while they work. Love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((()))) and Niamh (()) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) Did Paul ((())) enjoy his birthday love to Charley ((()) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

The man has not come yet but he is coming

love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((())) and Mike ((())) and Elliott ((())))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Morning all, lovely and sunny here today but still cold. My Asthma Nurse rang me, no change.

Joan, it must be really weird having people mistake your twin sister for your mum. At least Sue found it funny.

Barbara, you have probably heard of Potsdam in relation to the end of WW2, Churchill, Rooseveldt and Stalin had a very important meeting there.

Toni, that cat looks just like my smutty did. OK, let's go to Hungary and visit your relatives. Many European countries have beautiful architecture.

Hungary is considered a developed country with a high-income economy and a very high Human Development Index. Hungarians enjoy universal health care and tuition-free secondary education. Hungary's cultural history includes significant contributions to its artsmusicliteraturesportsscience and technology] It is the thirteenth-most popular tourist destination in Europe, drawing 15.8 million international tourists in 2017, owing to attractions such as the largest thermal water cave system in the world, second largest thermal lake, the largest lake in Central Europe and the largest natural grasslands in Europe. Hungary's cultural, historical, and academic prominence classify it as a middle power in global affairs. Hungary joined the European Union in 2004 and has been part of the Schengen Area since 2007. It is a member of numerous international organisations, including the United NationsNATOWTOWorld BankIIB, the AIIB, the Council of Europe, and the Visegrád Group.

WOW, Toni I've got loads of photos, so I'll have to limit them, mostly Budapest - which is gorgeous.

Szeged

Budapest

Lake Hévíz, the largest thermal lake in Europe

Hungarians dancing csárdás in traditional garments / folk costumes

Romanesque Ják AbbeyVas County, built between 1220 and 1256.

That was a difficult choice, we'll have to go again as the photos were so wonderful. And the food, you will have to tell us all about this Toni.

Hortobágyi Palacsinta are savory stuffed crepes from Hungary. Meat is sauteed with onions, tomatoes, paprika, and sour cream to form a stew. The sauce is drained from the meat before it is wrapped in the crepes. Flour and sour cream are whisked into the remaining sauce, poured over the filled crepes, and baked until bubbly.

I want some NOW! 😛

• barbara12
    Options

Evening all

Sorry this will be short again

Toni cleaning is a womens big thing most men don't understand Mr B is good ..but his legs are not poor thing so its our treat 😁like you say its a big help..hope all is OK at your house abd with the girls xx

Joan I am really hoping the man came abd fitted the rad..gosh they thought Sue was your mum ..I remember you say you used ti push her everywhere in the wheelchair..what a lovely sister you are..love to all of you xx

Kath if course Potsdam and the vital meeting ..my brain doesn't always connect..

I think Toni us part Hungarian..hopefully I have that right 🤔

Some lovely places and nice to read the history thankyou xx

Better go

Love to everyone

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone :)

I am indeed half Hungarian Barbara and the other half is French, but born here so English really.

Sorry your eyes are still being a nuisance 😕

Of course Mr B is struggling a bit too I think having help with your cleaning is a really good idea and that you not he should write the list for your 'staff'!!

Everyone here is well thanks Lucy is due her vaccine on Friday so not too long to wait. Tia brought paul's birthday pressie some cut glass brandy glasses for his brandy that I got him. Yes we were in it together.

How are Niamh and your brother and his GF doing?

Kath! Thank you that was lovely! Budapest is gorgeous and divided across the danube into two parts. Sleek enjoyed Hungary very very much especially the Hungarian dancing bless her and went straight on catazon and bought this:

I haven't told her is isn't quite right!

Remember when I went to Hungary with Lucy - we went to the thermal baths:

they were so beautiful and lovely for the bones. You can spend all day there. I bet they are closed though due to COVID😔 I must ask the family.

The vegan food is excellent there we ate so well, my favourite food is kaposztas tészta which I actually had last night! I hope everyone enjoyed the crepes you supplied though probably beef or pork.

Joan did the radiator go in ok? It's icy this morning here so maybe it has been wonderful. I really hope so. Paul had a lovely birthday bless him Kari made him a card with '21 with 39 years experience' on it🤣

I do hope Mike is well and Vixen is too. It's very cold here so no doubt she has stolen the wheelchair seat again😉 Thinking of Elliott and his family ((()))

Sending love to Carol who is hopefully busy knitting....

Hungarian spiced breakfast bowl but i case it's a bit much or anyone is especially hungry;

• Kitty
    Options

No Joan? I was hoping to find out if her rads had been fixed.

oni, I need to try out the thermal baths, they sound wonderful Erm yes Sleek, very nice, very colourful. The Hungarian dancers looked wonderful. We must go again another day, but not today as Tesco will be coming later, so I'll give everyone my love and see you soon. 😄 XXXXXXXX.

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Yes we have the radiators and they work properly the others were 20 years old thank you for caring about us.

Kath ((())) they are lovely photo's thank you Love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) Val ((())) and your Dad ((())) and Holly and her family ((())))

Barbara ((())) you need the cleaners things are hard to do and they take more effort to do them it wears you out ((()))) love to Mr B ((())) and his aching legs ((())) and your Son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())) I clean has well before she comes.

Toni ((())) what were the thermal baths like. That's good Lucy is having her jab ((())) love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your love lovely neighbours ((()))

love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((())) Mike ((())) and Elliott (((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    Options

Evening all

Toni thankyou for the perfect poached egg..I would love to know what is in the Hungarian one 😁..and I would love to float in the thermal baths

What a brilliant idea the card was from Kari 🤣nice ti have them home made has well ..and new brandy glasses..I know how important they are with good brandy..Nice to hear everyone is doing ok xx

Joan I am more than thrilled you have a working new rad..and rhankyou again fir all the hugs xx

Kath hope all your order came.. xx

So sorry this is short again everything is getting so squiffy..but will keep on trying to post

Love to all

Xxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Paul had his vaccine yesterday Lucy has had a covid test ready to stay here for hers on Friday.

Kath yes we must go to Hungary again it was amazing. We should go to the thermal baths (there are several) our favourite was the Géllert ones. Honestly you could spend all day there. I want to go again in real life.

Sleek wants to have a latte here!

Hope Tesco had everything and Chris' poltis did the job🤞

Joan you have heating! Just in time it's gone cold and someone said we are due to get a snow bomb in early March again🙄 You would love the thermal baths they are comfortable and warm just above body temp and my bones loved them. ((())) xxx

Barbara my hungarian dish favourite of myself and Lucy is simple - a lot of Hungarian food is quite simple and cheap - it's caramelised cabbage and onion with salt and pepper takes a good 40 minutes to be ready and ideally the pasta should be homemade.

I am getting worried about your eyes it really is getting time to look at a reader for your postings I do not want to lose you here we would miss you too much 😓

Aidan is up there saying get it sorted Barbara!

We are all fine I hope Niamh is coming this weekend? and your brother is he doing ok still?

P is still going. She has slowed down a bit but still out walking her dog.

Mike sending my best to Elliott and family and hope you and Vixen are both ok.

Carol is AWOL again hopefully started her knitting......

Love to everyone

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Barbara (((()))) have a good weekend all of you ((())) our friend's chocolate Labrador has just given birth to 11 puppies. Love to Mr B (((())) your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) have a good weekend all of you ((())) love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) love to Lucy having her jab ((()))) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) and P ((())) P is doing well (((())))

love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Carol (((())) Kath ((())) Mig ((())) Mike ((())) and Elliott ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    Options

Afternoon all

Toni I am still looking for a reader, the typing is the worse.. I have to go over all my post to because of typos😒

Ooh I am so glad Paul has now had his injection and then Lucy.. I do think Lucy should have had hers ages ago.. but suppose it diwn ti the goverment..I love the pussikn cafe..😁

Now I had 2 croissants thabkyou xx

Joan is nice and warm that makes me happy..if I saw all the puppy's I would want to being them all home🥰love ti all of you

Lovely abd sunny here.. new neighbours have put a really high fence up..I will miss chatting over it😅

Love to all

Xxx

Love
    Barbara
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options

Evening all

Sorry again for my absence but again I have been avoiding the I pad except to check up on Facebook with the family. Who are all ok my sister has now had her first covid jab yesterday, and also eldest GD who has been lucky to receive x it early due to being career for Lillie who because of her PKU get disability allowance. Have not heard anymore about my cousin and her son so I presume they are going along ok. We have had some nice sunny weather ☀️☀️And the past 2 days at lunch time we have had our dinner in the garden.

We are still not having Church services but we have good news we have now found a new pastor when we go back to services. So that is good news. It will also bring another family into the church and as he has a young family .

Miss Cookie has had some visits from Sleek. And I think they may have visited aunty Toni and aunty Kath. She was funny today. I went out for a little walk mr T was already out when I came back this is how I found Cookie

she hadn’t even realised I had come back in.

I have my squishy parcel after a slight problem with delivery the colours are white and light grey these are apparently GD favourites for a baby and to be honest gender neutral these days. I haven’t started knitting yet as I can’t choose which pattern to do 😂😂 I am not sure but I think her 20 week scan is tomorrow.

I got a real shock on Thursday I will explain back in August 2019 I had a bit of an accident on the bus when the driver shot away from the bus stop with a jerk before I had sat down, and I ended up being dumped unceremoniously on the floor. Cutting a long story short I was helped up by a passenger, and although the driver had stopped the bus he didn’t even attempt to get out of his cab to see if I was ok. When I got off the bus I complained and had the door shut in my face. So I rang the garage, upshot of that was a claim for compensation was put in. The incident was caught on the cctv well fast forward 17 months to Thursday and I received an email offering me a nice sum of money in compensation. I now have to get 2 people to sign witnessing my signature and send back the declaration.

Mr t and myself are ok except for his moodiness which I will just have to put up with at the moment. Because I know it is not going to change what ever I say until things are better with the virus going on. We really don’t communicate that much at all at present.

Did anyone see captain sir Tom Moore’s funeral today ? I caught caught the last bit of it but then watched it later on u tube. Sad really as although it was done with military honours there was only 8 members of his family allowed in attendance. His 2 daughter there husbands and his four grandchildren.

Well that’s about all for now except for this old photo I found of both daughters sil and grandchildren with mr t and myself about 14 years ago on mr t 60th birthday.

Love and sparkles to you all ❤️❤️❤️🌈🌈🌈

Stay positive always👍xx