Val's Cafe

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280

Afternoon all

Thankyou everyone.. especially miss sleek

Had the call off our gp..she asked what the hospital said about the dvts I said they have wrote ti you abd ruled it out..she said the ietters didn't say they ruled it out..🙄but I am 99 % sure its not they were very thorough with the ultrasound..so I have a face to face on Friday to see if I need an mri..That I asked her 3 times for

Toni thankyou for the waffles 🧇

Can't believe you found another car like yours si near ti you..and nearly the sane colour..

How is Lucy feeling now better I hope..xx

Joan I have nearly got ther with our gp..I was sticking ti my guns that I need ti know what us causing it..so fingers crossed for Friday love to all 8f you xxx

Mike I'm glad to hear your chair is all serviced..like you say you would think he would have brought batteries just in case xx

Kath sorry you can't take peppermint..the pain must be awful ..di they give you anything fir it x

Mansfield was were our Val has in Vals cafe lived ..thanks fir the trip xx

Love to all

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023

Evening everyone

we have had sun today hope most of you have too.

Toni that is me in the picture that Miss Cookie it tapping on the cheek not mr T it was a selfie of me and her. She is a character alright a real diva. Well I have finally started knitting today. I hope the enthusiasm keeps going . I’m knitting a little cardigan with a hood which has bunny ears on it . I’m lucky here because both my granddaughter and her partner love hand knitted clothing on babies so I am told by my granddaughter.

Kath thank you I’ll have a look at that app I am wonder if it is because I was a selfie that it turned upside down .

Joan don’t think I could stand upside down either 🤣🤣hope you and Sue are ok .

not really done much today other than go for a little walk earlier this afternoon. And also done some washing. Then I started knitting 🧶 and then a friend from the knitting group rang me and we had a chat.

Barbara I too am hoping we get to Ramsgate by then it will be 10 months since we have seen them all. And I think we both are in need of a short holiday.

a little picture of Rubie

And one of Graycie

They are growing up so quickly are my little people Graycie will be going to big school in September as she will be coming up 5 . And Rubie will go into her second year in nursery. I’m not sure but I think Ashley might also go into big school as he is 4 in July.

well that’s about it for this evening

Love and Sparkles to everyone ❤️❤️❤️❤️🌈🌈🌈🌈

Stay positive always👍xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336

Mike that's typical not having a battery on the van when it was obvious you'd need one🙄 How is your throat then after all that nattering? I hope your home help is well too? Your breakfast yesterday sounded lovely. I love golden syrup always have since I was little😋

Oh Dear Carol please forgive me I can't turn my head upside down 👇

I am very pleased the knitting has started and am keen to hear/see your progress. A cardy with a hood and bunny ears sounds sweet. Of course your GD and her partner will adore what you make - knitting is super-trendy with kids these days.

I can't believe how fast the little ones are growing. Before we know it Lillie will be at secondary school. Faye has the most gorgeous eyes doesn't she? and Rubie copying her big sister's pose😍

Joan you don't like to draw attention to yourself by colouring your hair? I get that but people soon get sued to it and it can be fun. I stick to my usual nowadays though I expect we all do. in the café Hope all is well with you and Sue? ((())) xxx

Barbara Miss Sleek was whispering in the Dr's ear that she needs to see you and investigate your leg properly. She was 'ear hypnotising' her she reckons! Well done getting a 'proper' consultation on Friday.

So Mansfield is where valval was from! how right that Kath took us there 😊

Lucy is pretty well back to normal thanks yes Paul is fetching down some of her stuff on Friday he is up in Scotland now working for the rest of the week.

How is Niamh enjoying being back at school?

Mansfield Kath! Thank you we enjoyed our day very much Sleek particularly climbing the 'feather' and trying to catch fish in the River Maun until i made her get back in the back pack. I loved the Market good job we went on a Tuesday and of course bought Sleek some fish😺

I hope your belly is a bit more comfortable today ((()))🌈 Sleek says she will make you a 'politis' be warned I smell the whiff coming out of her ickle house right now as she sings away.......

If you are nearer Derbyshire then you must be even closer to me up the A38 and a bit more....

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

My throat is fine thanks, surprising after not speaking to anyone except the cat for a week and then nearly 2 hours solid nattering. Have not got a clue when the new batteries will be fitted to my wheelchair, thankfully I also have a folding electric one just in case I get the chance to go out. I have asked my baby Sister if she can take me to the garden centre next weekend to get some stuff for my improved back garden, so that will probably be next Monday as the Sunday is Mothers Day and the place is likely to be swamped.

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,900

Good morning everyone

Mike ((())) I'm sorry can you move around you have a push wheelchair ((())) love to Elliott (()))

Kath ((()))) Chris ((())) Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) Mr B((())) your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni (((())) Paul ((())) Charley ((())) Annie ((())) and the carers (((()))) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) Kari ((()))) and P ((()))) and your lovely neighbours ((())))

Love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((())))

take care
    joan xx
  • Mike1

Mike ((())) I'm sorry can you move around you have a push wheelchair

I cannot use a manual wheelchair as I do not have enough strength in my arms due to OA (used to be a weightlifter and extremely fit so this is very depressing) which is why I have electric ones, luckily I can still use the folding electric one but I am able to shuffle round my bungalow on crutches/furniture hopping anyway. Thanks for your concern and best wishes for Elliott.

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583

Toni, I've sent a map. Everything on the right side is Nottinghamshire and on the left is Derbyshire. You can see Long Eaton and Sawley in the centre. I hope this gives you an idea of where I am in the world. As a none driver I don't know about roads. Mansfield is right up north Notts, closer to Yorkshire really.

Right, where should our next little jaunt be? This one will tickle Sleek. Bunny is a village and civil parish in the Rushcliffe borough of Nottinghamshire, England. The parish has a population of around 600, measured at 689 in the 2011 Census. It is on the A60 7 miles (11 km) south of Nottingham, south of Bradmore and north of Costock. The place-name 'Bunny' is first attested in the Domesday Book of 1086, where it appears as Bonei. It appears in Episcopal Registers as Buneya in 1227. The name means either 'reed island' or 'island on the river Bune'. There has been a settlement on the site since pre-Norman times, perhaps as far back as the days of the Roman Empire. The parish Church of St Mary is 14th century. The most significant building in the village is Bunny Hall, probably built in the 1570s and occupied by the Parkyns family for three hundred years. Sir Thomas Parkyns (1662–1741), known as the Wrestling Baronet, built what is now the north wing to his own design circa 1723–25. He also built the school and almshouses. Thomas Parkyns was a devotee of wrestling and organised an annual wrestling match in Bunny Park (prize a gold-laced hat). These matches continued until 1810. His book on the subject The Inn-Play: or, the Cornish Hugg-Wrestler was published in 1713 and reprinted many times.

Almshouse

St Mary's

The approach to Bunny Hall

Bunny Hall

This idiosyncratic piece of architecture by the owner of the time, one of the successive Sir Thomas Parkyns, dates from around 1700. The views of it have been much restricted by a new building which can be seen creeping into the left of the picture. Better views would only be available with access into the private grounds surrounding the hall.

Sadly, we might not see any bunnies.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12

Afternoon all

Toni thankyou for the cheese 9n toast or rarebit..Nice low salt cheese 🧀

Nice to know Lycy us OK and the rest if her things are not far away..thanks to Paul 😁

Miss sleek did a good job whispering in the doctors ear...at last she listened ..xx

Carol the little ones or not so little ones are lovely..bless the time goes nowhere..I think we all need an holiday.. I bet it will he hard ti get in places once we can book..so you book early and make sure its insured against covid xx

Mike hope you get to the garden center..a much needed boost..xx

Joan thankyou..sending many hugs back to you Sue and the doggies 🐕 xx

Kath how stunning is Bunny..I have never heard of it..loving the stonework especially on the Almshouse..abd it's nice to see were about you live and the famous Sawley trail xx

Rught my eyes are going

Love to all xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    edited 10. Mar 2021, 23:04

Evening all

Hope you are all doing reasonably well. Had fun this evening worming Miss Cookie she really didn’t like It trouble is it took the two of us to do because she don’t like being picked up or restrained in any way but we managed.

Toni it’s alright about mixing me up with mr t it’s the hair I think because I don’t normally post photos of my hair parted on one side, but it’s the only way it will stay out of my eyes at the moment and of course it being a selfie it flips everything to a mirror image. But I think I can now post up the Right way

That was Graycie striking the same pose as her sister in the second photo the first one was Rubie. Don’t worry Toni even I get mixed up with their photos

Barbara the hotel we normally use is already taking bookings and if we pay slightly extra we can get it on a basis where we can cancel right up to noon on the day we arrive. We have already booked and Miss Cookie is already booked in at the cattery we know the place well as it is the same place where we used to take our Snowie they have kennels and Cattery. I visited it before we booked Snowie in there for the first time, and our eldest daughter asked if we could visit the cattery to as she had a cat at the time so I know what it is like.

well Lillie is not happy 2 days back at school and now she has to isolate for 10 days because a child in her class was sent home unwell yesterday ad was tested positive for covid, so the class are now all on 10 days isolation. She is refusing to do work on line. She said to her mum well I’m not doing work online. So we will as to see if Gd can talk her into it. Mind you I don’t blame her just back 2 days and now home again and she was so happy on Monday to be going back.

it’s time to go as my nice bed is calling me. 😃😃

love and Sparkles to you all

❤️❤️❤️❤️🌈🌈🌈🌈

Ps GGD to be her name is spelt Ava-Maye So it July we will have Graycie-Mai and Ava-Maye that is sure to confuse mr t with the spelling of their names. He had trouble with others spellings after each one was born.

Stay positive always👍xx
  • frogmorton

Morning everyone!

Extremely wet and windy outside here I expect with everyone here too 🙄none of us live abroad.

Sleek has come in soaking wet put her mackintosh on the airer apparently she's already been to Kath's and is going to see Miss Cookie later. REALLY good news is she saw Lucy's pusskin (Winnie) through a glass door yesterday and neither of the hissed. Who knows? they might love each other yet!

Mike I am surprised that your voice isn't hoarse😀 Good you have a plan B scooter so you can go to the garden centre and pretty up the 'new look' garden. It will be good to chat to your baby sister (go on how old is she?) and get out. Definitely wait until after Mother's day.

Morning Joan we did a little tiny peep between the two cats and so far so good. I think Lucy's Winnie is ready to have a look around and Sleek is so far coping ok. Hope all is well with you and Sue ((())) xxx

Barbara glad you enjoyed your cheese on toast. I had the vegan stuff which vanishes😮 but tastes ok!

Sleek reckons she is a 'peeple wisperer' and the Dr will be putty in her paws. Let's hope so. What time are we on on Friday?

Paul is working like mad up in Scotland and will bring back Lucy's telly amongst other things tomorrow. She'll be pleased I'm sure as will Winnie some of her bits will be there too.

How is your brother doing?

Oh dear me Carol poor Lillie! She doesn't understand does she she will calm down in time. The poor girl was so happy and must feel like the adults are lying to her ((())) The 10 days will soon pass with the weekends.

That's better the pic the right way up we can most definitely see it's you and Cookie. I've been cutting my fringe just a tiny bit. I think the hairdressers are opening up in Wales very soon. They locked down earlier than us in December and are now reaping the rewards of an imminent haircut!

It's good that Miss Cookie is all booked in and you too for your much awaited break. Won't it be wonderful! I bet you'll all have tears in your eyes and for the first time be happy to go home because there will be a small furry pusskin to collect and go home with!

How is the knitting going?

Kath I can work it out exactly on the map we go up the A38 then join the M1 in theory not much above an hour from me to you. If Paul was driving - if it was me I'd need two stops!

We loved Bunny! Sleek was hoping for some real bunnies to chase, but I said no she must stay in her back-pack anyway. Mind you she wasn't too bothered as we needed the brolly over our heads anyway 🙄

We loved Bunny Hall especially and could not believe the new building was allowed so close to such a majestic and interesting building!

The Almshouse looked a little scary 😯and Sleek reckons 'her' Church is better. Actually it's a lot smaller really!

Did you see her first thing? She said you were awake and made her a cuppa thanks for that she's home now soaked in spite of her mackintosh sou'wester and galoshes. If this weather keeps up she'll have to use the gates instead of flying over.

Well today I have absolutely nothing planned except a friend is going to ring. Took P's dog for a walk yesterday so might do the same today if she needs me to. He can walk beautifully off lead and isn't interested in other dogs at all.

Something to eat.....hmmmm

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Mike ((())) yes I know how you feel I used to horse ride and go to the gym but your body looses it's strength I go from one bit of furniture to the next I have a mobility scooter. I did not know you could get a fold up electric wheelchair sue has a electric one. Love to Elliott ((()))

Carol ((())) can you get cream to wipe on cats mouth for worms. I'm sorry about Lillie having to stay home from school ((()))

Kath ((())) I hope you have a good day today. Love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) Val ((())) and your dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) how is your leg ((())) and Mr B's ((())) love to your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())))

Toni ((())) Good luck with sleek and winnie they could be good friends in the end. Love to Paul (())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy. ((())) Tia ((()))) Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Mike1
    edited 11. Mar 2021, 09:48

Mike I am surprised that your voice isn't hoarse😀 Good you have a plan B scooter so you can go to the garden centre and pretty up the 'new look' garden. It will be good to chat to your baby sister (go on how old is she?) and get out. Definitely wait until after Mother's day.

Not surprising really, I keep well lubricated with tea, in fact my mug hardly ever dries out during the day! My baby sister is a mere 59 so big birthday next February.

I did not know you could get a fold up electric wheelchair sue has a electric one. Love to Elliott ((()))

My main wheelchair is too big to go into an ordinary car, the back folds down and used to fit in my Berlingo via a hoist when I was allowed to drive. There is only one taxi locally that has a ramp and a big enough space to take me in the chair. My folding chair - https://www.pride-mobility.co.uk/i-go.html - is easy to use and OK for short periods of time as it gets really uncomfortable after 20 minutes or so and my pain levels go up significantly, but it is great as it fits in all car boots so when I get an offer of an outing or need a taxi anywhere I am OK.

Today's problem is that I had a short power cut this morning which left me trapped in my recliner and when the power came back on I have no TV. I have been though everything to try to sort it but to no avail, now I have to try to source a new TV this morning and get it delivered as it is my only form of company during the day. Unfortunately as I have a cheap deal with BT for my phone and internet (about £10 a month especially for disabled on benefits which they do not advertise!) I do not get a fast enough speed to be able to watch programmes on my laptop. It was fast enough until I got the cheap deal then they cut the speed and I get frequent questioning about whether I want faster broadband.

• Mike1

Telly sorted, so company back!

• Kitty
    edited 11. Mar 2021, 12:02

Oh my goodness, Sleek got blown here today, she looked really bedraggled. I wasn't sure the tea would be good enough, as I like it quite strong - but it seemed to go down well, as did the towel down and blow dry. I'm glad she got back safe.

Carol, I always get mixed up with your GGC names and as they look so alike I can't tell them apart on photos either.

I hope everyone is well. I forgot to mention yesterday, it was our Ruby wedding Anniversary! 40 years, ecky thump. I'm glad you enjoyed Bunny, so today we're off to Lambley. I kid you not.

Lambley is an English village and civil parish near Nottingham, England, hardly touched by urbanisation, as it lies in a green belt. The population recorded in the 2011 census was 1,247. Its proximity to Nottingham (6.9 miles, 11.1 km) has tended to raise the price of its real estate. The name Lambley contains the Old English words lamb and lēah meaning a forest, wood, glade, clearing and later pasture, so "Lamb's meadow".

Flint tools found in fields near Lambley point to Neolithic and Bronze Age settlement. It is mentioned in Domesday Book (1086) as Lambeleia.

The parish church of Holy Trinity is a Grade I listed building. It has been designated "one of the few entirely Perpendicular village churches in Notts, all of a piece and of felicitous proportions tall and narrow, all the windows high and spacious." The only earlier section is part of the west tower (12th–13th centuries). Rebuilding was financed by Ralph, Lord Cromwell (see under Notable people).

Lambley Dumbles are small and ancient ravines, cut out by streams, forming deep wooded valleys.  With beautiful walks to enjoy.

Nature Reserve, Lambley

Holy Trinity Church

footbridge over Top Dumble

Top Dumble waterfall

Lambley Dumble

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12

Evening all will keep this short if you don't mind

Mike so glad your TV is back on..gosh I have never given a thought to power cuts and out recliner.. 😯 xx

Toni I bet Lucy will feel better when she has all her bits and pieces ...and the pussycats will soon get to know one another....most animals love to have the company if others....so far my brothers us doing well and can't wait to get out and about xx

Joan I have a fae to face tomorrow with my gp she gave in 😅..hope you are all ok xx

Carol I am glad you have the insurance just in case..but I'm sure you will get there.. something to really look forward to..😁now I won't try and remember the name of the new GGd...I get ours mixed up abd we only have 3 gds...😅xx

Kath you have some beautiful places around Nottingham ..we have been through so many time on our way to Newark abd Swinderby antiques fairs just wish we had stopped off now xx

Right I better go

Love to all xxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • Mike1

Mike so glad your TV is back on..gosh I have never given a thought to power cuts and out recliner..

I am registered as disabled with the electric company and they know that I can be stuck in my chair in a power cut, they are supposed to contact me on my mobile in a power cut to make sure that I am OK and arrange assistance if not, yesterday's outage was only about 15 minutes long so they did not get a chance to phone me.

• frogmorton

CONGRATULATIONS to Chris and Kath!

I'm so glad your telly is sorted Mike that would be awful😮do you know what to do if it happens again? It's so good that BT have such a deal, but not really in this sort of situation.

Darn power cuts! My neighbour has a through lift and electric hoist the electricity board sort them out with a generator if needs be ASAP, but as you say it's very often too short-lived a power cut to take action.

My mug is never dry either you'd be alright in this house it is never a dry one! My sister is 59 too and has her big birthday this year in August.

Joan how are you and Sue? Are there carers still well? did any of them get the virus at all? None of my neighbours carers have. We showed Winnie and Sleek each other again yesterday. no hissing fingers crossed.

Barbara you know now about your recliner if there's a power cut. Hopefully most are quite short like mike's, but some are much longer here. We have two types of recliner in our suite one manual and the two chairs are electric. I might just change mine!

We are all ready today to support you with your Dr's appt. Funny how they are now called a face to face when they are in person! It used to be the phone consultations which were rarer! Stay strong 💪

I'm so glad your brother is still doing so very well. I hope he will be able to make the most of his continued health very soon.

Oh Kath Lambley! Sounds adorable the name. Luckily Sleek isn't bothered about chasing lambies anyway. She did love the tree though and was convinced there would be something to eat in there so I kept her in my back pack!

I did let her tap her paw in the waterfall though! and she took some photos of the Church.

She came through the gate this morning? So was she nice and dry? she brought a jar of cockles from my tesco order. Funny that they were already in my basket isn't it?🤔 Cheeky puss!

Breakfast?

• Kitty

Morning everyone, it's lovely and sunny here now, although it has been raining.

Toni, thank you for the candle for our 40th. ❤️ 💋 Yes, Sleek was nice and dry and as well as the cockles she'd picked a bunch of Daffodils for me too. My secret is (whisper I'd asked for the cockles, I knew you wouldn't mind, and Chris isn't keen)😍 I'm glad you enjoyed Lambley, I'd never been before but had heard of Lambley Dumbles and often wondered what they were. Now I know. Ta for the breakfast too.

Barbara, I'm so pleased you finally got a face to face with your GP. I'm sure the cloak will gather us all up to get us there.

Mike, thank goodness you only had a short outage. It must be a little worrying being stuck in your chair.

Just a short trip today, Arnold  is a market town and unparished area in the ceremonial county of Nottinghamshire in the East Midlands of England. It is situated to the north-east of Nottingham's city boundary. Arnold's town centre is the largest in the Borough of Gedling and the most important in the northeastern part of the Greater Nottingham conurbation. Gedling Borough Council is headquartered in Arnold. Since 1968 Arnold has had a market, and the town used to have numerous factories associated with the hosiery industry. Nottinghamshire Police have been headquartered in Arnold since 1979. At the time of the 2011 census, Arnold had a population of 37,768. Areas within Arnold include DaybrookWoodthorpeRedhillWarren HillKillisick and Dorket Head.

The 1877 boundary mark on the island at the Woodthorpe Drive–Woodborough Road junction marked the Nottingham–Arnold boundary and is Grade II listed

Daybrook Almshouses, Mansfield Road were built in 1899 by local businessman and philanthropist Sir John Robinson and are now Grade II listed.

Church of St Paul and St Timothy, Daybrook

Arnot Hill House and grounds

Can you guess the name of this pub?

Not as pretty as other places we've visited, but 1968 saw the opening of Arnold Market in the town centre. Market days are on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, with a flea market being held on Wednesdays. A farmers' market is held on the first Tuesday of each month. So we should get some good shopping done, which I know Sleek will enjoy.

Sleek shopping in style.

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) and Chris ((())) congratulations for reaching your Ruby Anniversary you must have a lot of memories.

Love to Anita ((())) Val (()) and your Dad ((()))

Mike ((())) sue has the same the electric company are with let us know. A TV and radio are good company. Love to Elliott ((()))

Barbara ((())) Good luck with your face to face I hope you get answers to your pain ((())) love to your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) there has been 10 carers that had the virus they think they caught it when they went to a pharmacist for the injection they are all back at work now. Love to Paul ((())) Charley (())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy (((())) Tia ((())) Kari ((()) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Mike1

Mike, thank goodness you only had a short outage. It must be a little worrying being stuck in your chair.

Especially if I need a piddle! 😣

• barbara12

Evening all

Face to face went well..she us referring me for an Mri and asking the physio to access me..just have to wait now..thankyou for the cloak duties hope you all didn't look at my fat knees 🤣

Toni eggs on toast were perfectly cooked thankyou

Oh fancy being stuck in the recliner..or stairlifts and such ..🙄...it won't be long now till miss sleek and Winnie makes friends xx

Mike I didn't know the electric providers would call if the power is going off.. I must look into this ..glad it wasn't for long xx

Kath did I say happy 40th Anniversary ..🥂🥂 ours is 52 this year..i think 🤔

So Arnold Market opend in 1968..that is when ours was closing ..xx

Joan things are moving on with this leg...🙂how awful that so may carers have had covid ..I am so relived the numbers are coming down xx

Love to everyone

Xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton

Mike Nooooo! and the very second I can't go to the loo is the very second I need to😯

Joan that's awful 10 of them I do hope they all recovered well? The poor things - was that when the boss had to work? I hope the cluster has been inspected if they all got it at the same time. Love to you and Sue.

Kath we loved Arnold. Sleek is planning to take Mrs Darcey there and was think they might both fit in her lovely lovely 😼 pusschair! So many of these places have these incredible Almshouses. and the boundary marker! I want one!

Great to go on the market day it being Friday and yes more cockles were purchased along with some halibut🤨 Sleek riding along like Princess pusskin!

She came this morning to yours on her broomstick and is back now a tad windswept but fine. She reckoned it took 4 attempts to land at yours! Of course I don't mind her popping some cockles in my 'basket' for you to share if you and she love them!

How are Dad, Anita and Val?

Barbara well DONE! No don't worry none of us were looking at your knees we were too busy looking at Sleek whiskering in the Drs ears😮 I'm so pleased things are finally moving on for you and hope the answer will now be found and treatment can begin.

52 years for you this year? Wow! that's amazing! we will make 16 this month being a 2nd marriage for us both. we will be happy just to make our silver wedding, but you never know!

I don't know if i said that we couldn't shut lucy's window the day before in the bedroom? I had to tape it shut and then layer on cardboard? It was fixed this morning the lock had just seized up. then this afternoon the sliding doors in the living room started to leak rain water 🙄 as they say it never rains!

Carol I hope all is well with you and yours. How is the knitting going? Getting closer to being able to see the family🙂

Aidan's traditional Sunday breakfast!

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Kath (((())) have a good weekend all of you. love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) that's good you are having a Mri I hope you don't have to wait too long. Love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) all the carers are back except one who had a problem with her Diabetes she's out of hospital now.

Love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((()))Kari (((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours (((()))

Love to Bill ((())) Chris(((())) Carol ((()) Mike ((())) and Elliott ((())) and Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12

Evening all

Toni out Saturday breakfast of croissants 😁nice to remember our Aidan 🌈🌈I keep thinking of him tending the pots in summer..

I'm glad you have Lucy's windows sorted saying that we have windows here over 25 years old ...then we have 2 new ones that either the glass has misted or the locks gone..its really annoying

I was hoping you didn't see my knees..miss Skeek works wonders with the whispering 😁xx

Joan thankyou ..its nice to know the carers are recovered and not got the long covid ..but the poor lady with diabetes hope she will recover soon ..you look after yourselves..love to all of you xx

Love to all

Xxxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton

I know Aidan would have wished us all a happy Mothers day

The wind is a bit less ferocious than it has been so hopefully a better day for us all 🙂

Joan gosh such a relief all the carers are back at work except one. Is she one of Sue's favourites? Bless her I heard you can get complications with diabetes 😕 ((())) to you and Sue the doggies and the carers.

Kath I hope you had a good day off yesterday? Was it restful? Sleek still came over, but didn't say what you all got up to🤔

Barbara yes I do think about Aidan very often like you I expect all his friends here do too His plants yes and wisteria . Bless you Aidan He'll be with his Mum and Bill's too now on Mother's day.

Will you be able to see Niamh? at least facetime her? I bet you'll hear from all the G children today and hopefully your boys too.

I am lucky to have Lucy at home!

Some of these modern windows aren't made like they used to be. I hate it when they go misty. 3 of ours did the summer we moved in, but it was fairly cheap put right so we had them done. Less than I expected. It was the lock on Lucy's couldn't have it unlocked for long being a bungalow.

Carol I hope you are doing ok. I expect the phone will be going all day with such a big family to wish you Mother's day blessings.

Mike just for you we will have a full Cornish breakfast today:

extra eggs and vegan options available of course and to top it off