Val's Cafe

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280

Evening all

Toni I am always thinking that I don't want my children and GC carrying any burden..I did and it awful although we will all carry some....thankyou for the potatoes pancakes ..a nice change..😁

Hope all is well at yours

Today my raised planters came well one.. he is making the others has we speak ...Xx

Joan you are right we all carry guilt when we lose someone close..I told my neice its normal and something she has to go through... did you and Sue have your vaccine ,sorry if you have said..love to all 9f you xx

Kath thankyou ... Elvaston is a beautiful house ..and the garden and lake are stunning ..can you just imagine living there ..how very sad that it is deteriorating..xx

Love to everyone

Xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336

Morning!

Kath I love Elvaston castle and well-remember many times when volunteering with people with disabilities in West Bridgeford trips there. AND pulling wheelchairs up these steps! I used to know how many there are, but luckily that memory has dimmed. Might have been the DF118s!!

Reckon that had anything to do with my back?😄 Somehow we were just up there on our trip weren't we?

Those gardens are to die for aren't they? So wonderful to be back there just for ourselves. and what? I can camp there in my motorhome? shall we all go?

Sleek had those paws of hers straight in the lake🙄what is she like? I think she thinks she's an otter or something!

If you have Amazon Prime you can still watch Small Time. I'll see if Paul is up for it this weekend.

Oh Mike I see you definitely have Vixen's seal of approval if she was roly-polying on the bark chip🙂. Aidan used to call that 'gliding' when his cats did it. I bet you knew you'd done it though.

Fred and Gingers will be very grateful if you do clear out their weed I'm sure, but (and I'm sure you will) just pace yourself.

Hi Joan Aidan hated hospital so much didn't he? yes we never saw him again😔 but we do still hear from his husband don't we? Bill is doing so well he's making scented candles now. Typical nurse though they make the very worst patients. You and Sue take care ((())) xxx

Barbara you are right we can only mitigate (is that the right word) any burden those we leave behind will carry can't we? Love to you and your niece God bless her.

Oh how exciting that your raised planters are arriving and being put together. I think we will need pics....as you know there's no gardening for me this year...sniff.....

I am pleased you enjoyed the potato pancakes. We used to have them as kids my Dad's only culinary skill was potato pancakes Hungarian ones!

Now today🤔

we shall be healthy!

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

Oh Mike I see you definitely have Vixen's seal of approval if she was roly-polying on the bark chip.

Managed to clear a bit of weed out of the pond, luckily it is a raised pond so I was able to sit on a stool and wearing my marigolds pulled some out, they are swimming around a lot more this morning. I put some photos of the tidied garden on https://community.versusarthritis.org/discussion/51827/gardening-whats-going-on-in-your-garden#latest

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583

I was a bit disappointed with Elvaston to be fair. I remember cycling (me cycling ha) there and taking peanut butter sandwiches to feed the pesky squirrels with. They would come and take them out of our hands. I bet Sleek would love it if we did a tour of the City of Derby. We wouldn't be able to keep her away from the Derwent.

Derby  is a city and unitary authority area in DerbyshireEngland. It lies on the banks of the River Derwent in the south of Derbyshire, of which it was traditionally the county town. Derby gained city status in 1977, and by the 2011 census its population was 248,700.

Derby was settled by Romans, who established the town of Derventio, later captured by the Saxons, and later still by the Vikings, who made their town of Djúra-bý one of the Five Boroughs of the Danelaw. Initially a market town, Derby grew rapidly in the industrial era. Home to Lombe's Mill, an early British factory, Derby has a claim to be one of the birthplaces of the Industrial Revolution. It contains the southern part of the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site. With the arrival of the railways in the 19th century, Derby became a centre of the British rail industry.

Derby is a centre for advanced transport manufacturing, being home to the world's second largest aero-engine manufacturer: Rolls-RoyceBombardier Transportation has a production facility at the Derby Litchurch Lane Works while Toyota Manufacturing UK's automobile headquarters is located southwest of the city at Burnaston

Derby Cathedral

Statue of Bonnie Prince Charlie on Cathedral Green

Derby Silk Mill is part of the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site

Representation of The Derby Ram in East Street

Pickford's House Museum

The restored Grove Street Lodge and 'Grand Entrance' at the northern end of the Arboretum

River Derwent The river outside the Council House in Derby

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) have you tried the heat pads you put in the microwave. I hope the pain soon goes love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) Val ((())) and your Dad ((())) lovey place and gardens thank you.

Mike ((()) you can look at your garden and say I did that. Love to Elliott ((()))

Barbara ((())) love to your niece ((())) and Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni (((())) the carer that is a Diabetic is back this weekend and sue has a new carer tonight called Charley.

I hope all is well there love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie (((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12

Evening all

Toni thankyou fir a lovely healthy breakfast..I love it when we go away for short breaks and they have a nice selection of fresh fruit

No gardening fir you why ..is it diwn to the work you are having done..I will post a pic when the planters in in position we have to put new fence panels in first they have had it..and next door now make them look worse 😳xx

Joan thankyou for all the hugs you give.. j6st thinking when you had horses did you have land with them on or did someone stable them ..I adore horses ahd would have loved my own..now I'm rambling 😅xx

Mike I am loveing your garden how tidy and the train set..wow inside and out they fascinate me ..xx

Kath iv not been to Derby so I reckon we take up Tonis offer of a ride out ti these places..sorry my eyes are going squiffy did you say you lived there xx

Love to everyone

Xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    edited 20. Mar 2021, 06:47

Morning everyone! Welcome to any new visitors just sit down we are covid and calorie free here!

It's Saturday already!😮 where did this week go? Paul is working so it's just myself and Lu Sleek and and Lucy's pusskin Winnie. must try to introduce them again😯

Barbara your poor eyes 👀 Of course we can go to Derby I expect we can get the map out and do a tour of the places in the East mids which Kath has taken us to.

Yes no gardening as they will be putting in our raised beds and hopefully extending Paul's garage - I know he is obsessed with cars! I think I can do baskets right by the house and that will be it.

Ah yes when one side does new panels it does make the other side look awful. We are all hedges but I get someone to cut them.

I am the same when we are away. I have the veggie cooked breakfast and the fresh fruit too....no room for lunch!

Mike I think your garden is wonderful! It would be heaven for children there is just so much going on in it 😊 . I can imagine Barbara's GD Niamh would love it there she loves fairies.

As for Vixen checking out the Cornish flag bless her she might climb in dreckly maybe not! I used have a video of Sleek in the dirt rolling about like Vixen bless her😻

Joan I hope Sue's Charley-carer is as good as my Charley is. I'm so glad to hear that the carer with diabetes is back at work I bet Sue is so happy 🙂 ((())) to you both xxx

Kath yes Sleek did enjoy Derby very much indeed. Apparently there were some famous cats there - something to to with the industrial revolution. they invented something to do with weaving i think she said...🤔 In fact she says Derby Silk mill needs to be renamed Derby Sleek mill🙄

Paws in the Derwent yes you were right and then some selfies to send to all her pusskin friends on cat-chat and Whats-cat.

The council building is rather posh though I didn't expect that and think we should all move into  Grove Street Lodge there will be plenty of room and it looks lovely.

Ocado are coming later and I know we won't see you, but i suspect Sleek will be over I think she added cockles to my order again😁

Love of course to Carol Miss Cookie and Mr T. Thinking of Chris too aka Catlady.

It's Saturday so

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Barbara ((())) yes we had fields and stables in those days the council were pleased to let out land for horses.

Have a good weekend love to Mr B ((())) your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) has Charley ((())) got any side effects from having the virus now ((())) love to Paul ((())) Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((()) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Mike your train will look good there (((())) some people like to help it pleases them to do things for others ((()))

Love to Bill ((())) Chris ((()))Carol ((())) Mig ((())) Kath ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12

Evening all

Toni like you say were do the weeks go.. every Friday I text our eldest GD in London happy Friday ..I'm sure its twice a week..thankyou fir the croissants

Oh right so you are having raised beds much easier and nice to look at..and Paul us extending his garage..has long as he us happy 😊

Yes Niamh would love Mike's garden ..abd I would love the train set anything miniature fascinate me i used to do dolls houses..blimey it was like u was doing my own house up 😅xx

Joan how lovely it must have been fir you ..going to the fields and catching the horses ..were they easy to saddle up..

I am glad to hear all the carers are now OK xx

Niamh has just gone home, she has only been for a couple if hours this weekend ..gosh she us growing up..and so polite ..that makes me proud

Love to all

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • Mike1

Mike your train will look good there

I have had the outdoor train layout taken down as it took up a lot of room plus I have only fired it up twice in 18 months. The base was made with marine ply which cost quite a bit and it was painted with special outdoor paint, nevertheless it got mouldy and I just could not afford to replace the base having spent so much on the new fencing. The back garden does look better for its removal and I still have the indoor layout if I want to play choo-choos!

• frogmorton

Play choo choos Mike!! every day it's fun! We all love your garden I've just checked in on the gardening thread and there isn't one anything like it I wish you lived next door and I could see it in real life! Did I say I love the Cornish Flag. We aren't so patriotic here although i think we do have two English flags somewhere in the village.

Yes Barbara the garden will be much easier once it's done, but i am dreading it. Not sure how soon it will happen either should be early June all being well...

I knew a lady who did dolls houses. They were so gorgeous and probably not much cheaper than doing up a real one! Kids love them it fires up their imagination even if they aren't really toys.

I think you are quite right we now can get two weeks into one the days just fly by! I think it's a sign of age🤔 When you were a child it was 5 years between birthdays....now they are every 6 months!

Isn't it lovely that Niamh is such a polite child? You have every right to be proud of her she is a credit to all of her family.

I had a baby yesterday!!!!!!! well I got to push a pram with one in it round the village at least. Prams make great walkers - highly recommended. Seriously though it was while two of the villagers started putting the pole up ready for our village sign.

Joan Charley and Annie did well once they got over the virus luckily I think it probably took 6-8 weeks to feel more or less normal though I was so worried. I remember Charley on the phone crying saying 'I don't want to die on my own' I am so grateful they did so well. Thank you for asking ((())) xxx

Love to Kath I hope you enjoyed your web-free Saturday?

To Carol, Miss Cookie and Mr T

and to Chris AKA Catlady.

Well it's Sunday

Got to be done!

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

We have done our census for today.

Barbara ((())) does Niamh ((())) still do the vacuuming for you. the horses were good children came after school to look after the one they liked. Love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Mike ((())) you have a nice garden raised beds are good you don't have to get down on the ground it's the getting up that's difficult. Love to Elliott ((()))

Toni ((())) I'm sorry Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) had the virus so bad. We will be glad when it's gone it's probably like the flu have an injection every year. love to Paul ((())) Lucy ((())) Kari ((())) P ((())) and your lovely neighbours (((()))

Love to Bill ((())) Chris ((())) Carol ((())) Kath ((())) Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty

Howdy maties. I slept virtually all day yesterday, but do I feel any better for it? Not on your nelly.

Barbara, there used to be a fam close to where I lived as a teenager (where dad still lives now). It's a housing estate now and all the field have been built on. I remember seeing kids swinging from the trees back then. There is a farm over the motorway bridge where I live now, we used to walk over there year ago (or cycle). 😪

Joan, you must have enjoyed teaching the children to ride.

Toni, how awful for you to hear Charley crying over the phone. She must have been so scared - poor love.

I think we ought to get Madame Sleekipus some flippers. SLEEK MILL - lololol. She's a one, isn't she, bless her.

A quick tour of The Dukeries  an area of the county of Nottinghamshire so called because it contained four ducal seats. It is south of Worksop, which has been called its "gateway". The area was included within the ancient Sherwood Forest. The ducal seats were:

A fifth large country houseRufford Abbey in this area belonged to the 2nd to 8th Savile baronets, their later-to-be ennobled heirs (with the territorial designation of Halifax), then from 1888 until 1938 to 1st to 3rd Lords SavileWelbeck Woodhouse is a further notable mansion, in the former park (grounds) of Welbeck Abbey and was built by Lord Titchfield in the 1930s.

The Dukeries saw four ducal families in close proximity among fewer than twenty at any given time current (extant) English dukedoms and their parks or farmed lands largely neighbouring to the point of being at most points touching (contiguous).

The last mansion in single-family occupation is Welbeck Abbey – by a great-nephew of the final (seventh) Duke of Portland. The late Duke had neighbouring Welbeck Woodhouse built in the early 1930s when he bore his courtesy marquessate style. The latter property is equally intact, 0.75 miles (1.21 km), north east of the main house and 200 feet (61 m) long.

Thoresby Hall

Welbeck Abbey

Clumber Park in 1829. The grounds contained a huge lake where my granddad would take us fishing.

Limetree Avenue, Clumber Park. Clumber Park is a country park in The Dukeries near Worksop in Nottinghamshire, England. The estate, which was the seat of the Pelham-Clintons, Dukes of Newcastle, was purchased by the National Trust in 1946. It is listed Grade I on the Register of Historic Parks and Gardens.[2]

The main house was demolished in 1938 after damage by a series of fires. The nearby Grade I listed chapel in Gothic Revival style and a four-acre walled kitchen garden still survive. The gardens and the estate are managed by the National Trust and are open to the public all year round.

Worksop Manor. Created by James Paine, Workshop Manor is a Grade 1 listed, 18th century country house which is located in North Nottingham in Bassetlaw.

Mary Queen of Scots was kept prisoner at the Manor during the time of Elizabeth I because she was a Roman Catholic who had claims to the English throne.

The manor was descended by marriage to the Duke of Norfolk and it remained in the family until 1840 when it was sold to the Duke of Newcastle of nearby Clumber Park.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• Mike1

i think we do have two English flags somewhere in the village.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! That would not go well down here at all, I even put Cornish as my Nationality on the Census form.

• Mike1

I have not mentioned Elliott for a while, basically because there was nothing to report that I knew of, anyway after the success of his xmas fundraising effort for the hospital he is now raising funds for the local lifeboat by doing a sponsored walk using his frame and he wants me to accompany him in my wheelchair. https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/elliotts-walk-for-penlee-lifeboat

• barbara12

Evening all sorry I'm late felt quite off this afternoon ..probly these kidneys

Anyhow feel much better now I'm un bed

Toni thankyou for breakfast I'm still working through it 😅

I do love pushing prams, with babies in if course like you say they nake good walkers

I am sure your garden will soon be done with time flying like it does xx

Joan what a lovely childhood you both had..I am still obsessed with horses but never had my own ..a bit late now..🙂xx

Mike good on Elliot bless him ..I hope you do get to accompany him ..

There us something magical about trains I was brought up with steam ones.. 🙂just wished we still had them xx

Kath it's sounded so nice were you grew up ..but sad they have to build in all these places..

We have visited clumber Park twice..its so peaceful ..but when you get to the end its a shock to see an housing estate

The Abbey and halls are stunning thankyou xx

Right I'm of to sleep

Love to all

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton

Morning everyone!

Morning Joan yes COVID is terrifying. I found out yesterday that my own neighbours (the new ones who had that party for 70 in the summer?) all had it after Christmas. Doesn't surprise me.🙄 ((())) xxx

I know Mike I think it would be very dangerous to have an English flag in Cornwall 😮I have a small Hungarian flag in my car. That's my ethnic origin. You have every right to put it on your census form. I do hope you can join Elliott on his walk that would be so special. I have made a small donation every little helps. He is a star!

Barbara I hope you feel a little better today those darn kidneys😠

Prams are great walkers yes, but adorable with babies in them! I just love them. Time passes too fast and before you know it they are up and off 😕

Next summer I will enjoy the garden won't I? It will be wonderful when it's done. I am going to plant tomatoes for Kari and one of our friends.

Glad you enjoyed the breakfast. I fancy cheese today even though I am vegan it will be lo salt for you.

Kath. You are so right hearing Charley crying like that was dreadful luckily she did fine and is still here planning her wedding!🙂

The farm I can see from my garden is up for sale so I expect houses to appear here soon. So sad, but i suppose we have little choice while the population grows. I read somewhere that fertility in men is decreasing fast 🤔

Madame Sleekipuss was ready for yesterday's trip (had you warned her what to bring?)

Luckily the swans sacred her off of fishing!

then she wore this for limetree avenue

With her parasol 🙂

We had a great day out thank you I have not been to Workshop Manor nor Welbeck Abbey before. I stayed Thoresby I think it's a Warner now a few years ago it was gorgeous! Clumber I think I went to with my voluntary work when I were a young un!

Hope Carol is ok she has been AWOL for longer than usual. May need o check on facebook....

and love also to Catlady (Chris)

Today I am going to clean the village notice board and put some notices in just to cheer it up!

🙂

Breakfast

• Mike1

I know Mike I think it would be very dangerous to have an English flag in Cornwall 😮I have a small Hungarian flag in my car. That's my ethnic origin. You have every right to put it on your census form.

Cornwall Council had a campaign to get us to put Cornish as our Nationality, 20,000 of us did it 10 years ago and they persuaded the Census people to put it on the form, after all we have been deemed to be an ethnic minority by the EU, those of us born and bred down here are getting fewer due to low wages and escalating house prices. I joined up in 1974 because there was no decently paid work in Cornwall and nearly 40 years on the situation is no better.

I do hope you can join Elliott on his walk that would be so special. I have made a small donation every little helps. He is a star!

Thank you ever so much, I put the link up basically to let people know how the lad is getting on. I will be with him hopefully but it depends on the new batteries ordered for my wheelchair to be delivered and fitted.

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) thank you for the houses yes they seem to be building everywhere. Love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) we were teenagers when we had the riding school I worked in Garrads in the day. I'm sorry you have so much pain ((())) love to Mr B ((())) your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) sorry your new neighbours have the virus. Love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) and P (((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Mike ((())) Elliott ((())) I wish him all the best he will feel so proud ((())) and he will have you beside him ((()))

love to Bill((())) Carol (((())) Chris (((()))) Mig (((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty

Dear all, I can put your minds at rest re Carol, we were having a giggle at something she had posed on FB. I had to lick hundreds (well at least a dozen) ice creams to find out which was different. She spoils me does our Carol.

Joan, the housed they ae building now aren't nearly as grand as the ones I posted on here. youd be able to house complete towns in those.

Mike, I've given a small donation and a message to Elliott, bless him.

Barbara, You have a good sleep. I hope you feel better soon.

Toni, really must find somewhere for Madame Sleekipus to cay her parasol, but I'm running out of places. Oh I know, Nottingham Castle.

Nottingham Castle is a former fortified-castle in Nottingham, England. In the Middle Ages it was a major royal fortress and occasional royal residence. In decline by the 16th century, it was largely demolished in 1651. It occupies a commanding position on a natural promontory known as "Castle Rock", with cliffs 130 feet (40 m) high to the south and west.

The Duke of Newcastle later built a mansion on the site, which was burnt down by rioters in 1831 and left as a ruin. It was later rebuilt to house an art gallery and museum, which remain in use. Little of the original castle survives, but sufficient portions remain to give an impression of the layout of the site.

Nottingham Castle Gate House

the likely appearance of the castle in the late medieval period

Entrance to the Ducal Mansion (2012)

Robin Hood statue just outside the Castle

Now we'll just pop over to Nottingham Arboretum. The Arboretum has become one of Nottingham's 'green lungs' and is a Green Flag-winning park. It is the city's oldest public park and also the closest park to the city centre. The park currently still contains more than 800 trees belonging to 65 species.

Refreshment rooms built in the Tudor style were opened in 1852 to the designs of Henry Moses Wood by James Ebrank Hall, builder, with a banqueting hall occupying the entire frontage. The building also comprised a Ladies’ room, Refectory and Kitchen. An entrance hall and staircase led to three chambers upstairs. The whole building was constructed of brick with stone facings and was castellated along the front.[6] The wings of the refreshment rooms were demolished in 1932. The remainder of the building traded as a hotel and restaurant and as a pub as The Arboretum Rooms, The Arboretum pub (also known as The pub in the Park), Arboretum Hotel and Arboretum Manor. In 1965 the building was severely damaged by fire and had to be almost completely rebuilt. In 2006, another fire resulted in its demolition.

The Circular Aviary was opened in 1889 with the original cast-iron uprights and roof struts covered with modern steel mesh. The Main Aviary of brick was constructed in 1955/6. The Upper Aviary was built in 1934 to house tropical birds.

The Circular Aviary of 1889

War Memorial to the 59th (2nd Nottinghamshire) Regiment of Foot 1862-63

The Arboretum Lake (no fish Miss Sleek)

The bandstand of 1907 by Frank Beckett Lewis

• barbara12

Afternoon all.quite a nice day here abd guess what we got ti the GC and there were no queues we have drove past 6 time and come away..it was like being on holiday 😀

Toini thankyou fir breakfast.. low salt cheese if course..apparently tesco have it but near us..

Hiw sad it will be ti see houses were the farm was..that's what is going in around us I'm afraid 🙄xx

Joan thankyou now I would have been so happy having horses in my teens..apparently when really young I used to follow the milk horse..😅xx

Mike I need the link for Elliott..have I missed it..my eyes are not what they should be xx

Kath we have been past Nottingham so many times and not called in...there are so many nice places in England ..

Don't know about sleep I need putting in a bag and shaking 😆xx

Love ti all

Xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • Mike1

Mike I need the link for Elliott..have I missed it..my eyes are not what they should be xx

Thank you, it is at https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/elliotts-walk-for-penlee-lifeboat

• Mike1

An exciting day today, firstly a visit to my Chiropodist to get my toe nails cut and a good natter while she does them; and about 15 minutes after I get home another natter as it is Home Help day! Add this to talking to the cat and I may have lost my voice by mid-afternoon!! It is strange how the Chiropodist has remained open throughout the pandemic yet all Podiatrist appointments have been cancelled down here!

• frogmorton

Morning everyone.

Mike I have a friend who lives in Wales and he has had the chiropodist to the HOUSE throughout this so who knows why? Perhaps it is because it's essential especially for people with diabetes. All I can advise is that you drink several extra cups of tea today so you can speak later😁

I think it's lovely having our flags up to be honest I love seeing them in Wales and in Cornwall. I probably wouldn't put my Hungarian one up. the chap at the top of the lane has his up all the time except when he puts up ones for Hallowe'en etc

No-one thought you were touting for Elliott we just feel a bit invested in his story now ((()))

Joan don't worry about my neighbours they have been very silly constantly having people in and out over the whole of the last 12 months and they are well they had COVID just after Christmas. Did you see Sue's diabetic carer I bet she had a tale to tell! ((())) xxx

Barbara yes Tesco do lo salt have done for years i used to get it for my Mum and wehn my MIL used to come to stay.

You have never been to Nottingham?! Well you have really missed a treat it's a fabulous place and I spent much of my youth there. Had many friends over there and loved it.

Imagine that the GC!! Did you mean you went in!! How absolutely fabulous I bet that was like a holiday. One day you will be able to have a cuppa too out 🙂

Kath thank you for the reassurance about Carol. Bless her she is a bit mad! I hope you know for sure which is your favourite ice-cream now!

I LOVE Nottingham it's fabulous. I have a feeling Aidan may have tagged along don't you?

Miss Sleekiness loves a chance to use her parasol and is hoping we will take her on one of the Wisteria walks when they are out or bluebell walks she reckons it would look lovely there. She can twirl it. Too much Bridgerton methinks🙄

The only problem we had was getting her down from the bird aviary netting! Luckily I had ajar of cockles to paw ready!

Such a shame the Original Castle is gone mostly, but I can see and imagine it was wonderful.

Nice slice of cake too in the refreshment area. No COVID on our trips out is there?

Right breakfast....

nice and simple today all preserves available

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) thank you for saying about Carol. Thank you for the photos. Love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara (((())) how is your niece it's nice she has you to talk to ((())) love to Mr B ((())) your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Mike (((())) we had the podiatrist last week she said she was allowed to work. Love to Elliott ((()))

Toni ((())) sue had her carer with Diabetes yesterday she was glad to be back. Love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

love to Bill (((())) Chris ((())) Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx