Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options

Morning everyone 😊

That's great Kitty Kat I'm glad ASDA came up trumps long may it last. Actually they are really good for vegan and free from food always have been even before it became a trend.

Hope you liked the cat mint which Sleek planted for you? She grew it here from a cutting because I like the flowers, the wild rabbits don't like it and she loves the smell!

Joan I had to get Paul to take the bed blocks down I couldn't cope with the pain in my back. It's bad enough without! I think you might be right about an adjustable one, but it will have to be a double and probably not cheap. Adjustable I could raise it a tiny bit over several weeks couldn't I?

P is doing ok my lovely neighbour was sat wonky so she and I sorted her out. We sent a WhatsApp pic of her to P and P waved back it was lovely. We also looked at photos from their 30th wedding anniversary 3 years ago.

Hope you two are ok? Did you get out yesterday? ((())) xxx

Reshmi I rather think Lord A adores his Auntie who is absolutely a divine being! No Gender necessary for divine beings. How wonderful to be so loved❤️

Of course IPADs are just as good for voice controls I forget as I don't have one. I prefer a keypad you see. Yours works so well I know this laptop has voice controls too I must have a look and see. It would be quicker for definite I 'talk' so much!

On the subject of talking I hope you had a good chat with your long lost friend? and that all is well with her?

I got Paul to take the blocks out last night my back was just too sore, but some of the coughing must have been coming up as not eating for at least 3 hours before bed has helped no end😊 So no crisps at night (homemade or otherwise) for me or vegan chocolate anymore 😕 tonight we are seeing Paul's sister and bil and Brother and sil I hope no late night eating happens.

Barbara I hope your eyes appreciated their day off the net and that you are having a great time with Niamh ((()))

Mike are you awake? I wonder how the amitrips are doing. Fingers crossed you are feeling ok after all that extra sleep🤞

It's Saturday so time for Aidan's French breakfast Bill had been planning to go over next year to France, but looks like it will be the year after as his place has had to be underpinned🙄

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    edited 25. Sep 2021, 06:45
    Options

Mike are you awake? I wonder how the amitrips are doing. Fingers crossed you are feeling ok after all that extra sleep

Morning, third night on the trips and I had another 5 hours kip followed by a couple of hours trip-fog once I got up, reasonably compos mentis now! It's surprising that I actually managed to get in bed last night, when I decided to hit the sack around midnight Vixen was lying at full stretch across the bed at right-angles. Fortunately I got round the other side and managed to find a bit of room for myself!

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,927
    Options

Good morning everyone I hope all have a good weekend

Kath ((())) that's good your order came ((())) how is your pain's. Love to Chris ((())) and Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) yes our heating is working well thank you ((())) love to Mr B (())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())) and your niece ((())) and her fiancé ((()))

Toni ((())) how is your back is it any better ((())) love to Paul ((()))) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy (((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Reshmi (((())) have a good weekend all of you take care.

Love to Chris ((())) and Carol ((())) and Mike ((())) and vixen

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,037
    Options

Hi J, thanks. Your too, hi Kathleen glad that the Asda delivery went well have a good day. hi T, yes nice to be adored, but he’s getting to be quite a naughty Lord, Still very jealous of his bro. It was good thanks but she still quite busy with plumbers and stuff, new washing machine and so on and so forth, she always claims She is short of money, but she buys loads of expensive stuff, walking shoes this that, also had very expensive windows put in recently, so I think that her claims of poverty are not quite right, lol. I like the way that sil has become a term now to rhyme with Bil(l), lol. Good the less snacking rule is working for you, it’s definitely a problem when other people trying to disrupt your healthy eating. Try and be strong and tell your relatives of in-laws what are you doing and not to offer you any food etc, that might be a good idea I think, the problem why this advice isn’t universal is that and it depends on what position people hold in the family, but in your case problem there’s nothing to fear if you just honest with them. Okay that’s my limit of café voice control time otherwise nothing else will get done bye for now everyone, Tc.

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone 😊

5 hours is like a miracle for you isn't it Mike? I'm so pleased. Cheeky Vixen nicking the bed. My puss often does that to Paul on his side if I get in first she sneaks on his side😁She loves your topper. Good job you are drinking tea all day the only problem I think with amitrip is the dry mouth - easily solved though.

Barbara I hope your eyes are ok today and the weekend is going well I expect Niamh has to go home today though to her Mum😕

Joan my back is recovering slowly from those bed blocks coming out! Thank you for asking. My lovely neighbours are back together but typically the respite was over their anniversary🙄 How are you and Sue doing? ((())) xxx

Kitty-Kat how was your 'day off'? I hope restful and you managed some time with you Bible. We were with Paul's brother and SIL (she is a JW too) and Sister and BIL which was lovely. We had a good laugh and catch up. We do this every two months (lockdowns permitting of course) especially now as my SIL has moved to Weymouth.

Sleek has been over to check on you both and the garden now too. She reckons all is well and you are going to make her a latte later?

Morning Reshmi. Poor Lord A it's tough having a rival for your Mummy's attention especially if that rival needs a lot of physical care which obviously babies do. Bless him. What should be happening is Bill (BIL which does indeed rhyme with sil) should be doing more with him to make up for it. At least Auntie will always be there for him the divine Reshmi!

Oh yes your friend sounds as though she is pleading poverty when there is no shortage of money! We'd all like to be able to do/have all that! Unless she is in trouble and is actually overspending 🤔

I was strong with the in laws next time we choose the venue/time so we have gone for the 12th of the 12th at 12 and Paul says we will do a performance of 12th night too😁 He's on his own there! I can eat all I want at lunch times.

Right better get on but first our Sunday breakfast:

fried bread and vegan/veg options available on request.....

• Mike1
    Options

5 hours is like a miracle for you isn't it Mike

Yep! 5 hours again last night but still wake up in agony followed by a couple of hours trip-fog, still not complaining.

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Toni ((())) You don't want more back pain (()) it must have been lovely seeing your neighbour again it's nice they are back together again ((())) love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy (()) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Barbara ((())) have a good day ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())) and your niece ((())) and her fiancé ((()))

Reshmi ((())) I hope all is well in your busy house old take care ((()))

Kath ((())) I hope you have a good day ((())) love to Chris ((())) and Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Mike ((())) have a good day and vixen

Love to Chris ((())) and Carol ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Morning all, My laptop was on a go slow this morning, then it went into a massive sulk and wouldn't do anything, so I told it to blow itself up then had a restart. I think its stopped sulking now and has decided to behave.

Joan, thank you, I had a good chat with dad yesterday. He's a bit anxious that the carer, who usually arrives around 8AM to help him out of bed wash and dressed and give him his breakfast, might have problems because of the petrol problem. Dad's worried he might be stuck in be all day! Does that worry Sue too?

Reshmi, yes it was such a relief when Asda arrived. He was nice and early too because he was also delivering to a neighbour a few doors away.

Antoinette, thank you for the breakfast, I'll have dried bread with mine, and a dollop of Coleslaw. Sleek is always ready for a latte, she's very welcome. Here she is having a snooze after planting some Cat Mint, isn't she sweet.

Carrot and coriander soup

Make this warming carrot and coriander soup for lunch and then jazz it up with Ras el hanout-spiced crunchy flatbread croutons. A comforting vegan meal for four.

By Janine Ratcliffe from Olive magazine

Ingredients

• olive oil 1 tbsp
    • onion 1, chopped
    • ground coriander 1 tsp
    • ground cumin ½ tsp
    • ground turmeric ½ tsp
    • carrots 500g, peeled and chopped
    • floury potato 1 medium, peeled and chopped
    • vegetable stock 1 litre
    • coriander a small bunch, chopped

CROUTONS

• small flatbreads or pittas 2
    • olive oil 2 tbsp
    • ras el hanout 1 tbsp

Method

• STEP 1
    • To make the croutons, heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Cut the flatbreads into bite-sized pieces then toss in the olive oil, ras el hanout and some seasoning. Spread on a non-stick baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes or until crisp and golden.
    • STEP 2
    • Heat the oil in a pan then fry the onion with a big pinch of salt for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the spices and cook for a minute then stir in the carrots and potatoes. Pour in the stock, bring to a simmer and cook for 25-30 minutes or until the veg is tender. Use a stick blender or pour into a blender and whizz until smooth, then stir in most of the coriander and season. Serve topped with the croutons and an extra sprinkle of coriander, if you like.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• bosh
    Options

Hi Tony Barbara Kathleen Joan feeling a bit groggy today so make this a quick message yes I agree with you about Lord A and Bill, unfortunately it’s not something I have any control or influence over. Funny about the divine Reshmi. You could be right about the friend, but as far as I can tell she is fairly well off as she inherited a very expensive house from her parents, it’s also a listed building Think she’s just one of those people likes to say she’s badly off, “ I couldn’t afford the Art Deco style windows the style, got the type that cost £2000, how can I afford food shopping?”, that kind of thing, lol. Good that you were Strong with in laws. Thanks Joan. Kathleen good about Asda and a nice recipe that’s one of my favourite soups. Sorry that This was short and sweet, bye all Tc. Xx

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Evening all I did read your post well most of it I sort of have to skip lines

Toni your poor back sounds to be agony, are bed blocks the ones you put at the foot of the bed ..I really hope you can manage without .is it your chest you are struggling with 😒 .....my knee is behaving thankyou ..glad you had a laugh wuth P xx

Joan it's my knee and Mr Bs hips ..his right one us the worse si they out him straight on the list ..dint worry I am goid at confusing people xx

Mike so glad you are having some sleep at least..some times it's a no win you sleep well but because you are in one position for longer ..well you know the rest xx

Reshmi could you answer me a question please my hubby's neice us diabetic but say she has not to use sweeteners to bake..is this right ..your nephew does love you bless ..children sence nice people xx

Kath so glad you now have your order 🙂what are people suppose to do..thankyou for the carrot and coriander soup I have never used turmeric in mine so will give it a go xx

Love to all

Xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Barbara, thanks about LA, my mum says she’s allowed sweeteners in baking or in any other form, but she says too much gives her a laxative effect, she generally doesn’t like sweeteners, apart from in sugar free sweets, but I don’t buy those a lot as they’re expensive and a bit addictive I find. I do know though that sugar free gum is dangerous for diabetics though, causes blood sugar to spike or something like that. Hope that helps, sorry I went slightly off topic, lol. You enjoy the morning too. Xx

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath (()) that's good Asda came and early has well. Sue is not worried about the carers she's sure they would come.

Love to Chris ((())) and Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily (()) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) that's good your pain has calmed down a bit ((())) I hope Mr B (())) does not have to wait too long (())

Love to your son (()) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece ((())) and her fiancé (())

Toni ((())) have a good day I hope your backs not too bad ((())) love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy (()) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P (()))) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Reshmi ((())) have a good day take care.

Mike ((())) that's good you are getting more sleep you must feel better ((())) love to vixen.

Love to Chris ((())) and Carol ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone had a busy start today had to take Tia into work as her car is in the garage for a few days.

Joan thank you I am coping with my back resorted to my wheaty though and took the bed blocks out. It really is lovely that my neighbours are back together they were both so looking forward to seeing each other💓 ((())) xxx to you and Sue

I hope all is well with you Mike it has absolutely poured down here floods all over the place and my poor puss is very upset about it. I hope you don't have rain Vixen likes being out doesn't she?

Reshmi imagine inheriting and listed building it must be lovely. Your friend is very fortunate if she only appreciated it. Let her moaning go right over your head. How is Mum doing? Is she ok today?

You are right about sugar free stuff causing the body to be confused thinking it's had sugar when it hasn't. Far easier to try to cut down instead I think. Also sweeteners give me belly ache and the two-bob-bits too.

Any excess family visiting today? None here I hope. Hoping to see my eldest Charley this week she is the one getting married to her fiancée Annie in January. We need a wedding conversation.😍

Kitty-Kat look at miss Sleek🐱 She has several cat mint cuttings in some of her jars on the windowsill here so expect some more plants.... She's coming over soon with some

Naughty lap top honestly sometimes you could throw them out of the window couldn't you?🙄

Was everything ok with the carer for your Dad? I hope so honestly people are just so stupid and selfish half of them could have waited until supplies settle down which they will in a day or so I am sure.

Believe it or not I am making carrot and coriander soup this week!

Barbara hopefully you get the gist of what we are saying?

Yes the bed blocks go under the legs. They are called elephant feet or something like that. They are out now no good i do not need more pain! Not sure if it's my chest could be or could be my stomach. Trying everything before i go to the Dr and he/she says 'have you tried this....or this'

I love soup almost any soup. It just goes down so well doesn't it?😋 As I am eating my main meal if possible at lunchtime (dinnertime) I am eating lighter at night. It's helping.

Let's hope your knee continues to be have until Mr B's hip is sorted🤞

Hope i haven't missed anyone I hate my day starting off wrong!

• Kitty
    Options

Morning everyone, I had to take my big walker out this morning, and open the meter box to read it. I shout the number to Chris who stands on he doorstep with his notepad and pen - what a palava!. We have always refused a smart meter, but I sometimes wish we had one. Chris is concerned about the problems the fitting would cause. We had a little shower this morning but now it's sunny.

Antoinette, Miss Sleek is already her with the plants and is drinking her favourite Latte with added chunks of Salmon to nibble. Got to keep her bones strong. She's adding a few Tulips too.

Instead of using Elephant feet to raise your bed, have you thought of using a wedge?

Pak choi with garlic and soy sauce

One of the best ways to serve baby pak choi – lightly boiled and drizzled with soy sauce and homemade garlic oil

By Francis Law Olive Magazine

This recipe comes from BaoziInn. BaoziInn, meaning ‘people’s canteen’, has six locations across London: the flagship restaurant in London Bridge, two more in Chinatown and one in Soho, as well as smaller takeaway outlets in Market Hall Victoria and Market Hall West End. Highlights from the kitchens, which are led by executive head chef Francis Law, include jiaozi, wontons, barbecue skewers and dan dan noodles, all of which are influenced by traditional northern Chinese street food. baoziinn.com

Ingredients

• sunflower oil 3 tbsp
    • garlic 6 cloves, crushed
    • baby pak choi 300g
    • soy sauce 1½ tbsp

Method

• STEP 1
    • Heat the oil in pan and cook the garlic for 2-3 minutes or until just golden brown, then pour the garlic oil into a bowl.
    • STEP 2
    • Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the pak choi for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through, then drain well. Put onto a serving platter and drizzle with the soy sauce and the garlic oil.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan thanks you take care too. Xx

hi Toni Kathleen Barbara Jenny Turbo gran,

yes thanks about my friend Toni, she is a very brave person for example when she had brain surgery, but she does have this habit of complaining about silly things as well “ first world problems”, they call it these days don’t they, I suppose? Lol. Mum is not too bad today thanks but she is expecting a call from the hospital today, something to do with cataract surgery, Probably they will be be ringing her with the date of it, I hope that’s what it is. I think you’re absolutely right about sweeteners. In the morning I put a bit of brown sugar in my porridge, not a lot, just to give me a bit of energy for the day and also because I like the taste and it does generally is keep me off the chocolate bars and all that kind of stuff, which is good. Just one hilarious gem from Lord a he had a nightmare that daddy ate all the snacks and he woke up saying I’m “hungey”, that’s LA’s is pronunciation of the word, lol. I agree that Some sweetness are definitely kinder on the stomach and others and the best ones seem to be really expensive I do use sweetener, but much less than I used to. No excess family today thankfully I hope you enjoy the wedding conversation. Nice teapot. Take care everyone. Xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi again Toni, did you have a bit of a struggle getting in the morning? going I know that that’s what happened with me, I know this is a case for a lot of us arthritis sufferers but today I just felt so sluggish not exactly in a bad mood, at least not as bad as it sometimes is, but just really really slow, I think it was partly the weather there was a lot of heavy rain here in Reading in the morning which was annoying on every level as I plan to go for a walk just get out of this atmosphere of the house for a bit, anyway hopefully you guys are all feeling more or less okay now? alright bye take care

• Mike1
    Options

Only a couple of light showers down here yesterday so Vixen didn't get too wet, at least when she is she lets me towel her dry. Since putting the Felway plug in in the hall she is a lot more cuddly and jumps up on me a few times a day and has even come to bed at night a couple of times. The pheromone plug in is a bit expensive but well worth it. Have a good one peeps.

• frogmorton
    edited 28. Sep 2021, 06:25
    Options

Morning everyone 😊

Mike I think that's lovely having Vixen sleeping with you and being more affectionate. Yes they are expensive those plug ins we have them too to keep Lucy's and my cat happy(ish) sharing the same house. The weather yesterday here was atrocious but much better today as you know my puss takes some catching to dry her off.

How is your sleep going now? Still slightly better? Mine is a lot better for eating last food earlier in the day - at least 3 hours before I lie down. Fitbit says 34 more minutes a night last week!

Hope Sue is well enjoy your natter.

Kitty guess what!? I did YOUR soup recipe for the carrot and coriander yesterday. If Barbara is reading this I added NO salt and it was lovely I also made some roasted red pepper and tomato soup and frozen three lots of each. Hands sore by bedtime but worth it 😊

We don't have a smart meter either and won't because they make you pay for them afterwards every bill you get till they get their money back! What a faff reading yours I am lucky Paul reads ours.

The pak choy looks super yum, healthy and simple! Thanks for that. Kari and I will both have some.

I did look at those bed wedges (I think Kari would love one) you can get one that goes the length of the bed under the mattress you know. I wish I could borrow one I am still recovering from the bed blocks my back doesn't like being slightly raised😕

Sleek has planted tulips here too bless her heart I love them. She came back telling me all about her drink and snacks at yours ((()))

Reshmi i think maybe it's getting harder to move and get motivated due to the weather. I walk in the rain anyway most-times unless it's diabolical and not a long way. The feeling of achievement when I get back is amazing! A nice hot cuppa on return and I feel so uplifted.

Gosh your friend is strong coping with brain surgery bless her, but worrying about the small stuff just isn't good for us is it? Did Mum hear about her eye operation yesterday?

Lord A knows his Daddy eats too much!! Bless him he is even dreaming about it bless his little ❤ heart!

Joan it's lovely Sue can trust her carers never to let her down😊 I hope you are both ok and the carers too. Take care both of you ((())) xxxx

Hi to Barbara I hope you are all ok? eyes rested after yesterday's day off ((()))

Love to anyone else who pops by

It's raining and Reshmi had this yesterday so let's have some porridge with brown sugar!

• Kitty
    Options

Oooh, porridge with brown sugar. Very warming. Although the sun is shining, it's quite chilly and my left shoulder really huts. 😥

Reshmi, Lord A made me smile, I often wake up thinking HUNGEY - a young man after my own heart. ☺️

I can't see a post from Barbara or Joan, maybe I should have refreshed before posting.

Antoinette, I'm so pleased you enjoyed the carrot and Coriander soup. Anything with carrots in is fine by me. I didn't know they charged for the smart meters. How did you find that out? Sleek hasn't arrived yet, I expect she's having to queue for petrol for the motor bike.

Chickpea and spinach curry from Olive magazine

Ingredients

• vegetable oil
    • ground cumin 1 tbsp
    • ground coriander 1 tbsp
    • smoked paprika 2 tsp
    • chilli powder 1 tsp
    • mushrooms 500g, cut into pieces (a mix of portobello, chestnut and button
    • garlic 2 cloves, sliced
    • chopped tomatoes 400g tin
    • kidney beans 400g tin, drained and rinsed
    • half-fat soured cream 4 tbsp
    • lime 1/2, zested and juiced
    • cooked basmati and wild rice to serve

Method

• STEP 1
    • Heat 2 tsp vegetable oil in a pan and add the spices.
    • STEP 2
    • Fry for 1 minute then add the mushrooms and fry for 2-3 minutes.
    • STEP 3
    • Add the sliced garlic and fry for another minute.
    • STEP 4
    • Tip in the chopped tomatoes, half a tin of water and the kidney beans. Season and bring to a boil.
    • STEP 5
    • Lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes until thickened.
    • STEP 6
    • In a small bowl, mix the soured cream, lime zest and juice with 1 tbsp of water.
    • STEP 7
    • Serve the chilli with basmati and wild rice, and a drizzle of the soured cream.

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) I'm sorry you have to do that to read your meter did you mean the gas meter that's the one we have to read but our neighbour does it for us because you have to get behind a hedge. Love to Chris ((())) and Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Reshmi ((())) I hope you have a good day today. I hope your mum has heard about her operation. Love to everyone

Toni ((())) I bet Charley is looking forward to the big day ((())) enjoy your walk love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Barbara ((())) have a good day ((())) we had a service on our boiler it passed he said by having it we saved them a lot of money. Love to everyone ((()))

Mike ((())) that's nice vixen being happy again ((()))

love to Chris ((())) and Carol ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

hi all, hope you’re all well, unfortunately she has not heard about the Op yet, ophthalmology department is very inefficient here, thanks Toni Kathleen yes Lord A is a very funny character who enjoys eating, like I do, but is much slimmer than me, lol.glad You’re enjoying walking in the rain T but be careful on cold days it’s easy to get a cold, hi Barbara, okay I know this is quite a short message here but I think I have a bad cold, my mum said she had the same thing, so I’m going to take it easy at the moment, have a good day enjoy the porridge, lol. Tc, xx

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 28. Sep 2021, 14:16
    Options

Hi everyone

Toni you are right I do sort of get the gust of what you are all up to..just hope I don't miss anything important

I hope you don't leave it to long to ring your doctor..it might take them days to get back ..thankyou for the porridge I live it especially now with the weather changing xx

Joan thankyou again you and Sue cope with so much but always think of others ..love to all of you xx

Reshmi thankyou fir the info ,I also stopped having to many sweetners ..I know what you mean about tummy trouble..I hope your mums hears about her op very soon xx

Mike I have just bought the plug in and going to try it with best doors cat ..who I love but is very bad tempered xx

Kath we don't have a smart meter ..so Mr b has to go right under the stairs and shout the numbers ..at least its indoors..xx

Love to all

Xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • bosh
    Options

Thanks very much Barbara , you’re welcome, take care. Xx.

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone.

It's proper chilly this morning! brrrrr

Joan thank you I did enjoy my book I am listening to my book as I go - it's a bit of a scary story though! Hope the carers are getting though and have enough fuel ((())) xxx

Reshmi poor Mum no news yet I bet she is desperate to have her eyesight restored to normal bless her it is frustrating these days the health service is struggling.

Lord A is just adorable and what small child doesn't enjoy their snacks and treats. He can get away with it for a good few years yet while he grows we can't anymore!!!😕

You take care of yourself with that cold I promise I wrap up warm when I go out - possibly too warm, but I definitely do my best not to get cold. You best not go out until you are better.

You can still make the tea though!

Kitty Sleek managed to get some petrol from Hogwarts? Mrs Darcey told her she can get some from there so she has a full tank now and will be over later. She won't queue again she is an essential bike user. Great pic of her on her bike.😊

I can't remember where i heard about the cost of smart meters - they advertise them as being free to install which of course they are but not free in the long run maybe it was Martin Lewis??

Thanks for the curry I love chickpeas I bet Reshmi will like it took carrots are lovely aren't they? They go in so many things; salads, soups, stews, casseroles, roasted😋

Barbara the gist is enough. Hopefully you will get areader before too long when you go to teh hospital maybe they can advise which one is best?

I am glad you enjoyed the porridge I know it's your favourite and Kath loves it too and Reshmi so that's all of us.

Rest your eyes today - tomorrow I will make ready brek for you.

Mike have a cup of tea

I bet you nattered for England yesterday when Sue came I hope she is ok and that you are still getting a bit more sleep? I presume no new about Elliott?

breakfast:

frittata

• Mike1
    Options

I bet you nattered for England yesterday when Sue came I hope she is ok and that you are still getting a bit more sleep? I presume no new about Elliott?

Still getting 5 hours kip and 2 hours brain fog which I am quite happy about. Good natter with Sue yesterday and some Lemon cake. Found out yesterday that Elliott is back in ICU with shingles on top of everything else and not looking good at the moment.