Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,071
    Options

Hi Toni ๐ŸŒบ toady ๐Ÿธ Joan Barbara etc how are you all? Iโ€™m doing ok thanks just v hot ๐Ÿฅต, will try to post properly later. Tc and remember to keep hydrated. Xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady ๐Ÿธ

how are you today? did you get some rest in the end? I think I did rest enough in the end though still hating this weather of course and my skin hurts. Hope The laptop gets sorted that was a funny almost poem โ€œ the chink of cutleryโ€ haha. Thanks for the morse toad info. Hope your Evening is going okay? Tc. Xx

Ps pic is sort of relevant, embroidered grumpy toad witch , not implying that youโ€™re a grumpy witch of course lol. Xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni ๐ŸŒบhow are you today ?

4.2 L of waterโ€ฆoh my goodness youโ€™re one of those people who likes to count everything but thatโ€™s OK were all different hee hee ๐Ÿ˜‚. Sorry your Sleep was so bad mine became ok enough finally I guess.

I know the Starbucks thing was maybe a one off thing for me I mean the time delay but I did manage to find out too late that if you complain to SB c services within two days of the problem you can hypothetically get a refund.

Bill lives in an area which is really near WR etc lots of facilities really v nearby so probably has an easy time regarding takeaways shame for his waistline though lol.

this message is going to be fairly short at least thatโ€™s my intention nondairy milks are really not that good for the stomach generally speaking at least so Iโ€™ve heard tho of course everyoneโ€™s different.

family are okay just about Iโ€™m okay just about I think, nice walk Toni? I went out but just to do a bit of essential shopping, take care and try to keep cool tonight. Xx

hi Joan I am okay thank you just about, dad had a bit of stomach upset etc but seems to be feeling better now hope you and Sue have a nice day mum is okay too thanks take care of yourselves. Xx

hi Barbara how are you today? take care xx

ps pic is of an ice hotel in Sweden time to make a booking I think ๐Ÿ‘

• bosh
    Options

Hi all,

Just another cooling down pic from me pink dragon fruit soda apparently ๐Ÿ˜€, have as good a night as you can everyone and take care. Xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,141
    edited 19. Jul 2022, 20:55
    Options

Hello all, if this is gibberish I'm either delirious from the heat or making a muck of posting on my phone - possibly both, this really was too hot for me today I've just wilted. Poor souls having it even worse, Europe etc, dreadful ๐Ÿ˜ฅ.

Nice to see everyone in and more or less coping, I don't know where I'd put 4+ litres of water or anything else though ๐Ÿ˜ฎ so you have outdone us all I think frog ๐Ÿ˜‡ hope family all OK too. Laptop hinges have been sent so fingers crossed. When they get here I'll need to look up a tutorial, for which a laptop would be handy ๐Ÿ˜‚ will have to squint at phone and hope for the best. I have some Prince Henry violas by the way ๐Ÿ˜Š but have not had them as edibles therefore Vi will not have heard any nasty rumours ๐Ÿ˜‚ xx

Hi bosh and thanks so much for all the lovely cold drinks, I'm sure I've felt better just looking at them ๐Ÿ˜€ I do admit defeat with the heat today, just too much. Well we're almost through it ๐Ÿ‘ best of luck sleeping and hope to be able to post better again soon, I dare not scroll back much & read, something will go wrong. Goodnight for now and I love the toad ๐Ÿ˜‚ that cross expression is very me, if the witch's hat fits, I may as well wear it ๐Ÿ˜‚ xx

Hello Joan there were a dozen drops of rain this evening it was odd after all this heat you almost forget rain! Then it just stopped but more soon I'm sure you're right. Hope tonight not too hot for you xx

Barbara and Kitty will post properly soon hope you are both managing xx

Love to everyone ๐Ÿ˜ฝ xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options

Morning everyone

It is definitely cooler out there, but not yet in here there is a breeze I felt it on my walk, but the bungalow is retaining the heat. Not a drop of โ˜”

Hoping you are ok Mike and coping well in this heat. This is where living near the sea is a blessing. Sending my usual ((())) and strength xxx

Joan It is the same as the teenage cancer trust then I have two if their T shirts from when we did a fundraiser for them Lucy and me had one each I think. Take a look on Ebay someone might sell theirs?

You asked about Lucy's epilepsy. She caught chicken pox at 13 months and was really very very poorly with it. I noticed her doing something odd with her eyes and thought straight away it was absences, but hoped i was wrong and maybe it was a chicken pox under her eyelid. The health visitor saw it too and sent us to the hospital where they diagnosed her with petit mal or absence epilepsy. All was well on epilim until they tried her off it prior to going to secondary school (her wish) she had a tonic clonic seizure at 38,000 feet on the way to Sri Lanka and ended up in hospital there. Luckily there was a Dr on board. It was terrifying there was noting we could do but wait it out.

Back on epilim at home all was well until they took her off that (22nd Nov) at nearly 16 (it can cause birth defects) and put her on Keppra. After this she lost her appetite and got very moody as you know that turned out to be the leukaemia. The chemotherapy started and so did the tonic clonics at the time so so frequent. Her meds went from Keppra on it's own to lamotrigine as well and clobazam as well. That's her today. Maybe 2 seizures a year so more or less under control๐Ÿคž

Sorry you only asked one small question! I suppose since she was 13 months but only a problem really since chemo.

Love to you both ((())) xxx

I spoke to Kitty yesterday she is doing ok upstairs with her windows as open as possible. She ordered some new clothes which are cooler and they arrived in time so that was good. She sends her love to everyone.

Morning Reshmi how did you sleep last night? I am very much hoping that is the last of the really uncomfortable nights. Still somehow we have to cool the houses down inside too. I have been for my walk it was fresh out there.

You did well getting out yesterday the heat was diabolical๐Ÿ˜ฎ. We definitely hit 38/39 here (Paul and I don't agree which!!!) I am so glad you slept well at least.

We can't even (not that we need to) get a McDonald's delivery to our house, but our favourite Balti house delivers to us here which is lovely. We have all our family celebrations there so they know us well. We are of the opinion if you want it you should go and get it! The country will only get less healthy don't you agree?

BIL lives too close to all the naughty foods temptation is all around him at least we don't have that problem not even having one shop or pub here. Like you I would probably not have bothered trying to get a refund from SB.

I am so glad the family are well and no eruptions in spite of the heat. We are just all taking it in turns to have cool showers! The respiratory nurse wants me to have two steamy hot ones a day! No way would my skin cope with that!

shall we jump in? Thank you for the cool drinks.

I messaged Barbara who might be due to visit today eyes permitting. She is coping well with the heat. Still that's Barbara isn't it just keeps on going!

If you get in Barbara ((())) for you.

Hello to you Toadster! how the diddly are you? I am so happy today because it's chilly outside ATM!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes chilly!

Last night I couldn't think straight either it was a nightmare. I hope those in Europe are slightly more used to the weather than we are maybe? But yes they deserve our thoughts.

I only managed 4 litres yesterday the standards have dropped sorry๐Ÿ˜‚ Interesting that I wee'd the same as usual so must be sweating (gross) not that I 'see' evidence of this.1.2 litres so far this morning.... Do we need extra salt too? Does that mean a bag of crisps?

Good to hear the hinges are on their way as long as you can work out how to fit them without a laptop tutorial๐Ÿ˜–b*m!

I think you could try your prince henry violas....Vi can't read I'm sure Sleek insists only humans and cats can read dogs can recognise numbers that's it in her opinion....

Take care and fingers crossed for your delivery coming today.

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,935
    Options

Good morning everyone

I drink four pints of water to help constipation. We are having thunderstorms today they say.

Kitty (()) take care love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Barbara (()) you now have the sweat running in your eyes.take care. Love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother ((()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancรฉ (())

Toady (()) if you put the hinges on wrong it will stand up. Have a good day.

Toni ((()) Thank you for explaining about Lucyโ€™s epilepsy could she grow out of it. Our your lovely neighbours getting on alright (()). Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day and your mum (())

Mike (()) take care I hope you are feeling better. Love to vixen

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Toni๐ŸŒบhow are you ?

just a quick one at least thatโ€™s my intention ha ha yeah I know what you mean about food if itโ€™s worth it you should go and get it but I canโ€™t drive and itโ€™s not something I do v often and I only ever order bits and bobs๐Ÿ˜€. Yes too many takeaways def bad.

i was very tempted by a costa hot chocolate today but made own low sugar one so that was good of me angelic even ha ha๐Ÿ˜‡

pride flag reminded me i started watching a film on Amazon Prime video Stonewall 2016 version itโ€™s free with ads seems quite interesting so far.

bill had a moderate headache yesterday and my sister said he was contemplating calling for an ambulance Mr hypochondria is back on full form ..oh dear.

alors jโ€™ai fini orthotics tomorrow morning need to prepare. Tc, xx

Ps this is an Indian monsoon pic . Xx

• bosh
    Options

hi toady ๐Ÿธyou how are you today? hope youโ€™re not getting headaches with the cooler weather? Iโ€™m not too bad thank you bill was going to call an ambulance because he has a moderate headache he is one of this most spoiled brats Iโ€™ve ever seen ha ha.

Iโ€™m not feeling too bad thank you walk was nice this morning wore a jumper and a coat wow lol. Things are getting a bit โ€œVesuvius - yโ€ at home but thatโ€™s nothing new dad had a stomachache yesterday he seems to have recovered now but heโ€™s acting as if itโ€™s the end of the world my goodness me Mother Nature give me strength lol, so had to go out yesterday in the heat wave and do some food shopping in the morning even though it was the last thing I felt like doing anyway least thatโ€™s over now ๐Ÿ˜€. any progress with listing the eBay items? take care. Xx

hi Joan how are you today? how is Sue? Hope youโ€™re both okay Iโ€™m not too bad thanks same with mum tho she is in a bit of a bad mood take care. Xx

ps two pics today

rain for those who like it

Autumn scene for those who prefer it. Xx

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Just popped in for a nice cuppa and catch up on everyone. Iโ€™m sat next to my window which catches the evening breeze. Listening to the kitchen staff below their unloading tomorrows supplies of food. In the morning they laugh and joke with each other. I couldnโ€™t repeat anything they say, itโ€™s a bit salacious. Life here is mainly spent waiting - waiting for a carer to come and help you wash and dress ready for breakfast (I usually have poached eggs on toast). The rest of the day is spent in one of the lounges, although I prefer to sit in my room as Covid is rife. Most of those positive are confined to their rooms anyway, but I spend my time in bible study, or taking part in Zoom meetings with my congregation.

I was hoping to see a post from Mike, as I wondered how his treatment was going. I hope you are all coping with the heat. Warching the staff here running around I really feel for them.

weโ€™ll all of you keep well, sending love to you all. XXXXX

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• bosh
    Options

Hi Kitty

really nice to hear from you , glad youโ€™re keeping busy, life for me is stressful really, doc is trying to reduce my lithium for bipolar due to side effects, but my dad is not sympathetic heโ€™s being a bully as usual but I feel even worse when he bullies my mum who is going so through so much with her strong meds after transplant diabetes etc, poached eggs sounds nice ๐Ÿ‘. Tc. Xx

• toady
    Options

Hello all, well I am no longer 'unhinged' ๐Ÿ˜€ although actually I might be a bit, that was not fun ๐Ÿคช disassembly and screws and things I'm fine, prising bits of clicky breaky plastic off things, I hate.. it's like taking the back off a phone.. horrid business. You always think something's going to 'go'. Anyway the postman came up trumps for me so thank you (& please try to sort out your dispute, both sides) and so did the seller obviously, so that's me fixed. These were never the best designed hinges in my book frog and it was a 2nd hand machine anyway so in normal use this probably doesn't happen. I'll be glad now the battery is back in and I can go back to my bad habits ie leaving the machine hibernating at night not turned off. Certainly a lot chillier outdoors today and breezy, but yes exactly as you say, it takes more than that for the heat indoors to disperse. That was the worst night for me by far so am relieved we're not having a repeat performance tonight. Lovely reading about your garden yesterday ๐Ÿ˜Š I will round up some garden questions & chitchat for tomorrow. Have a good night :) xx

Hi to bosh, thanks I'm not a headachy person as a rule so I'm ok but the heat really did get to me last night so sleep was a bit hit & miss. I hope BIL's head and your Dad's stomach and the HV rumblings are all more or less under control :) and good luck for the orthotics appt. ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ I got my ebay stuff done but I forgot to accept an offer that means I would get 300 Nectar points if I sell something, but I'm sure I'll live without 300 Nectar points ๐Ÿ˜‚ (mind you they used to occasionally do a double up your points thing which was worth having but they stopped that, stingy lot. ๐Ÿ™„ ). Talking of shopping the grocery shopping can't have been any fun yesterday ๐Ÿ˜ฑ was everyone hot & grumpy in the store. Cooler again tomorrow so that's something ๐Ÿ˜€ good night, and 'dors bien' xx Btw, a jumper and a coat on your walk? omg no jumpers yet pleeeaaase.

Joan ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ yes the backward hinged laptop might have its uses! except you'd have to type on one side then go round & see what you'd written - and it would be upside down ๐Ÿ˜ฌ. We'll see if it rains it certainly feels like it wants to. xx

Kitty ๐Ÿ‘‹ lovely to see you and read your news, glad to hear things are ok (and you have some nice new cool clothes Toni says ๐Ÿ‘š๐Ÿ‘•), the carers all sound fab and if they can find things to laugh and joke about then gosh what amazing people ๐Ÿ˜Š Also so glad you can get to Zoom meetings love & all the best (and tea of course โ˜•๏ธ) xx

Hello Barbara hope you're all surviving, we should all be a bit cooler now, less like something that's been boiled in the bag ๐Ÿš๐Ÿด had to take my laptop to bits not the best weather for it! but at least did not make a muck of it like some of my repairs, ahem ๐Ÿ˜„ Love to both, & family xx

& love to all ๐Ÿ˜˜ xx

• frogmorton
    edited 21. Jul 2022, 07:34
    Options

Morning everyone ๐Ÿ˜Š

I'm pretty sure it's spitting 'everybody in everybody in - it's spitting!' I have to go out and โŽ it's our locals today for anyone else??

Mike if you do pop in I hope you know we all check in on you every day hoping to see your name of even a 'like' from you. Sending my daily strength and ((())) to you and ๐Ÿ˜ป

Kitty me duck! Lovely to see you popping in that's great. Glad to hear you have a draught in your room and are dodging those with COVID. Sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy with zoom meetings, bible study and making the staff laugh. take care now Sleek is on her way mackintosh and sou'wester on. I hope the staff don't think you had an accident if she drips on your ๐Ÿคฃ

Morning Joan how are you and Sue doing? It's definitely cooler now I bet Sue is less happy about that! I had a cup of tea with my lovely neighbours on Monday I was watering a planter near outside their house (opposite) and using P's outside tap. They are in good spirits but the Aga was making their house very very hot indeed๐Ÿ™„ As for lucy's epilepsy I expect she's stuck with it now although they had hoped she might grow out of it. ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi zoot alors! Orthotics for you today. Can you take my feet with you please they are very sore๐Ÿ˜‰ Seriously best of luck I hope they can help you.

Oh dear me BIL needed an ambulance for a headache๐Ÿ˜seriously he is entertaining isn't he? Never a dull moment with him around is there๐Ÿ˜‚

How is HV? all settled I hope. All is quiet here Paul took Lucy to the bank yesterday to sort out her accounts so she can pay her bills when she moves out๐Ÿ˜’ ah well it's her life and I do want her to be happy.

Oh what an ๐Ÿ˜‡ you are making your own hot choc healthier and saving probably ยฃ4 too! Takeaways are not a good move for anyone too often once in a while is lovely but not too often.

I may just watch that film. It was in Amerisa stonewall, but teh issues will have been teh same. Horrendous to think it was illegal to be gay as late as the 1960s here. Horrific. Thanks for the tip.

I love teh monsoon pic just what I needed.

just going to vote back in a sec....

Toady well done you fixing your laptop! What a ๐ŸŒŸ you are. I'm so glad the hinge came so quickly and you are back online you need to be with your ebay etc... Great seller and great postie getting it to you so quickly too๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

It is definitely drizzling now I am back from casting my vote dragged Paul over too. He was less bothered than me, but it's done now. Can't complain if you don't vote can you. Had a chat to a neighbour who is downsizing soon to a smaller place nearby but no longer in the village. She is nice so we will miss her and her husband and dog too.

My garden must be breathing a sigh of relief that it's so much cooler today and drizzling๐Ÿ˜ŠI hope you have the same.

Bad news is I have to (really have to) wash my hair๐Ÿ™„ woe is me! alas alack!

A quick wave to Barbara in case her eyes let her into the cafe today๐Ÿ‘‹

I hope you are well Barbara any news about your car yet?

((())) xxx

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) Itโ€™s lovely seeing you on here. How are you feeling. Itโ€™s nice the staff there are cheerful. Love to Anita ((()) and Val (()) and Emily ((()) and your Dad (())

Barbara (()) I hope everyone there are has well as they can be. Love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancรฉ (())

Toady (()) thatโ€™s good you have the internet now you can do so much on them have a good day.

Toni (()) thank you for explaining about Lucyโ€™s epilepsy she has had it for a long time sorry it must have been hard for her to get used to it (()) have a good day. Thatโ€™s good your neighbours are alright (()). it was not you that won a hundred and fifty million. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) sorry you have a head ache I never have them they can be caused by tension in your neck. Love to your mum (())

Mike (()) we miss you and vixen take care.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi toady ๐Ÿธhow are you today? no jumpers or coats oh dear we are very different types of toad witches ha ha just joking, Iโ€™m ok thanks Tc. Xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni ๐ŸŒบ

just a quick one today sorry about that local elections okay fair enough not happening in my neck of the woods though, had orthotics app they gave me news insoles ๐Ÿ‘

nice quick morning appointment not dealing with midday heat and so on ๐Ÿ‘.

How are you doing today? tbh Iโ€™m just going to leave it there because I need to try and phone a friend of mine take care. Xx

hi Joan and B and K how are you guys doing? donโ€™t worry Joan it was my bill who had the headache but thanks mum is okay-ish but sheโ€™s got a stomach prob unfortunately bye for now everybody take care. Xx

Ps pic is pond scene inspired by toady ๐Ÿธlol. Tc. Xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni ๐ŸŒบ

just a quick one I just wanted to say that LA ate the whole gingerbread man Iโ€™ve got for him sneakily and secretly ha ha and also tried to eat BRโ€™s one, he told his granny โ€œ itโ€™s not good for BR itโ€™s too rich for him but itโ€™s good for me ๐Ÿ˜‚โ€, Strangely enough no doc has ever told me that gingerbread is good for me at least not physically lol, bosh with the expanding waistline is signing off oh sorry that was Bill donโ€™t tell my sister! Lol. Bye for now. Tc, xx

• toady
    Options

Hi all, hope everybody finding it much more tolerable out there ๐Ÿ˜Š the night was still a bit stifling wasn't it but cooler by far outdoors, I even went for a walk. Then I wrestled with my bathroom hot tap washer, never much fun as it is a combination now of original base with tap reviver kit and a few other odd bits.. usually me that needs reviving after it's played me up for half the morning. Garden very much happier I expect frog, talking of water; I don't think I've lost anything though a few things look a bit sorry for themselves. Hope your toms are ok and enjoying their shady glass. Couple of pictures of my Jolly Joker pansies which have been quite sweet, French marigolds looking a bit raggledy now, and just a few Prince Henry viola ๐ŸŒบ. Nasturtiums not out yet, what sort are yours? Oh the cup and saucer thanks, well it is in a pot already and will be staying in it, it's just whether it will be ok now from attack from whatever. Not slugs, something else I think ๐Ÿค” anyway I have a backup as an even more nibbled one came back from the brink, so I'm going to try this one in position and see. Mrs B is fine, didn't see her all day yesterday but she was waiting for me this morning - I have noticed several times now that when she goes into the nest Mr B comes out, if there are eggs the males don't brood, so I can't think what that's about. Sorry you are losing a nice neighbour ๐Ÿ˜”. And lackaday indeed, hairwashing day, double woe when it's humid, if yours like mine hates it ๐Ÿ™„. You won't have to do it tomorrow, that's the only small silver lining in that cloud. xx

Hi bosh, yes we are indeed the yin and yang toad witches of winter clothing ๐Ÿ˜‚ if I never saw a jumper again it would be too soon ๐Ÿ˜‰. I am ok today thank you and went for a walk, not sure I feel up to doing the whole distance to my now further-away gp surgery, but will have to sooner or later I suppose unless I get a scooter or roller skates or something, I've never wanted to drive but boy is it an advantage now during covid. Anyway glad you got on ok at your own appt and hope the insoles are a big help ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ‘ฃ sorry though that your mum has stomach problems too, your family seem to have been given an unfair deal in that department, then other people take theirs for granted. Oh well LA can be the start of a generation of ok digestions and break the spell, he seems fine with rich foods according to himself ๐Ÿ˜‚ good luck to him. Have a good night and I will sit on my lilypad and try to do the same ๐Ÿธโ˜˜๏ธ < ok not a lilypad but there's nothing better you will have to do your best :) xx

Hello joan yes nice to have 'proper' internet back I can't really manage on my phone. I suppose I use it a bit much but some things like banking and shopping, what else can you do, especially at the moment. I didn't win the 150million either ๐Ÿ˜” well I don't play, but I did win a little prize in a draw which was a surprise ๐Ÿ˜€. Hope you've both had a good day :) xx

Hi Barbara home plumbing for me today, hope nothing else needs fixing tomorrow I've had enough spanners & screwdrivers this week ๐Ÿ› ๏ธ. Postie was early today and I had only put the front door off the latch for him one minute before, it was that close to being caught in my pyjamas ๐Ÿ˜ฌ omg. Neither of us would have recovered from that in a hurry, I was just telling Joan, I won a little prize but it was not enough for me move to South America and start a new life ๐Ÿ˜‚ Love to all ๐Ÿ˜˜ xx

Love to Kitty too and anyone reading ๐Ÿ’— xx

Pansy 'Jolly Joker', Marigold 'French Mixed', Viola 'Prince Henry'.

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning anyone who calls by 'old or new๐Ÿ˜€

The kettle is on

Joan thank you the people here were so supportive when Lucy was ill you and Barbara very much included in that. Good that she is doing so well now. Today is my lovely neighbour (his) birthday so I will be dropping his card off soon. I didn't win anything Toady did but not ยฃ150,000000 sadly. Are you two out today?((())) xxx

Mike if you call by i do hope you are doing ok. We are all still thinking about you very much. I send my daily strength and ((())) xxx

Kitty me duck ๐Ÿฆ† Is it raining in the East midlands I wonder? I think it might be like here. Sleek came in soaking wet reckoned you were much cooler and looking good in your new clobber. She said something about new shoes???

Good Morning Reshmi. Well done getting to orthotics let's hope the insoles help you a lot they ought to even if they take abit of getting used to fingers ๐Ÿคž

Isn't LA a very very kind big brother saving little BR from eating food which might be too rich for his little tummy๐Ÿ˜…He is such a character and of course he is much more able to cope with eating two gingerbread men!!

It's proper raining here I have to wait for a lull so I can have my walk. Hope you can get out not too far those new insoles might not be drastically comfy to start with.

I am a bit uncomfortable in my chair - my puss has decided to lie behind me! My back says no! My heart says awwwww leave her there.

Today I am going with my sister to test drive a car. She hasn't driven for 8 years, but feels ready to drive again now. We have found a nearly new citroen C1.

BTW thank you for teh lovely pic they are very much appreciated.

Hoping all is well no HV today for you ((()))

A quick wave to Barbara. Have you got this โ˜” I bet you have if we have. Thinking of you Barbara and hoping all is well. Is Niamh going on her holidays anywhere? I was hearing today is going to be very busy on the roads๐Ÿ™„

Morning Toady!

How are you today? Well done squeezing a walk in yesterday. We have more rain I am so pleased for the garden.

The flowers look lovely I especially like the joker pansies. Purple and orange are a fabulous combination don't you think? Good news about the cup and saucer recovering so well, what did you do to help it? Was it the SB invigorator๐Ÿค”

My tomatoes are happier definitely in the shade it's odd really that stuff it's a bit like windowlene only white so rubs off when the sun is less strong. None of my toms are red or even orange yet though. My first cucumber is nearly ready for chomping๐Ÿ˜‹

Perhaps mr and mrs B are just enjoying their home. Let's hope so because the last thing your health needs is more chick watching!

I think my nasturtiums are 'balck velvet' - the red ones. Not up yet sadly but of course like yourself i bought late and planted them late๐Ÿ˜ I think I see signs of the 'extra' kale I planted for Charley's bearded dragons though

You mentioned how useful driving would be during COVID I agree. I spent lots of time in Paul's van feeling safe but still getting 'out'. Kari is today test driving a potential car! She hasn't driven for 8 years finances and the menopause did for her but now she feels ready๐Ÿ˜ŠI am so excited.

I hope there are no DIY jobs for you to do today and you don't get caught in your jammies by postie๐Ÿ˜ณI want to get outside but gosh it's wet out there just yet. I need a lull....

Breakfast anyone?

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) have a good weekend love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Barbara (()) how are you. Have a good weekend love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend ((()) and your niece (()) and her fiancรฉ (())

Toady (()) thank you for the photos. Have a good weekend good luck with all your tap work.

Toni (()) I care about Lucy because she has had so much to go through at a young age she has coped with it very well. She could not have done it with out you and Paul and the Doctors help. Doctorโ€™s. Good luck to Kari with her driving (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) I go to Orthotics they made me some ankle boots. Love to your mum (()) I hope she feels better

Mike (()) have a good weekend love to vixen

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    edited 22. Jul 2022, 14:10
    Options

Hi toady ๐Ÿธhow are you ?

Sorry trying to keep messages short today so I have a few things to do and was just on the phone to a friend so Time is a bit more limited today, How was sleep on lily pad, lol? Iโ€™m not too bad thanks had a bad night yesterday though, do you hate jumpers partly because they make your skin itchy? or is that just a Toni and bosh problem ? Lol. take care. Xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan how are you today? thatโ€™s interesting about the orthotics shoes thanks, mum is a bit better today I think although sheโ€™s in a bit of a bad mood oh well such is the life of the House Vesuvius lol. Tc. Xx

hi Barbara and Kitty how are you both? Tc. Xx

hi Toni ๐ŸŒบ, yes LA is a bit of a character alright two gingerbread man indeed ha ha, So yesterday my parents didnโ€™t let me rest and I had exhaustion related panic attack which is really nasty and which I havenโ€™t had for a long time anyway today is better so far ๐Ÿ˜Š. Insoles feel quite painful really at this stage but I was told not to wear them outside on the first day or so. Iโ€™m glad your sister has got the confidence to drive again thatโ€™s good I hope you enjoy your time with her today๐Ÿ‘.

ive booked a haircut so thatโ€™s good because long hair really isnโ€™t my thing no offence of course.

Shame you couldnโ€™t go for your walk when I went out it was lovely actually temperate weather I suppose you could call it. Also I saved enough to have half a cup of tea at Costa no hot Choc for me ๐Ÿ˜€. Just had half a cup so I didnโ€™t leave the loo basically lol.

Itโ€™s a bit odd weather here to be honest Iโ€™m sweating but Iโ€™m not hot anyway definitely an improvement on the heat wave donโ€™t you think? Lol.

bit short of time to be honest so I will leave it there take care Toni and have a nice afternoon. Tc. Xx

Ps pic is more of toadyโ€˜s lily pads lol. Tc, xx

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Hello all sorry couldn't read much but saw some

Toni you are right the chilliow got hot..๐Ÿฅตphew I dud mange till the day after very scary .. im si glad it's overwith for now... abd we have rain ๐Ÿ™‚..I put ice in an hot water bottle to cool the bed

Lucy has put up with si much bless her..and mum of course ,I cant imagine being poorly on an airplane..glad she is back from the festival in one peice xx

Toady ..sparrows ..I d7d read your post wrong abd had vision of you in camouflage not to scare them...๐Ÿ˜…we are not to sure were our blackbirds are nesting thete are two family's one at the front the other at the back ,think they come from 3 garden down..lucky postman ๐Ÿ˜…xx

Resmi your ice pictured helped in the heat just wish I could have slept in the hotel you take care xx

Joan thankyou for mentioning everyone ..I still don't know how you remember all the name's ..is all OK with you Sue and the doggies xx

Love to Kitty its lovely to see your name on here xx

And Mike who I pray is doing well xx

Love
    Barbara
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Barbara

Thanks youโ€™re welcome about The pics, Ice in a hot water bottle thatโ€™s a good idea I have to remember that one ๐Ÿ‘, over here itโ€™s definitely cooled down but still somehow a bit humid and stuffy at times. LA seems to be eating all the gingerbread man he can find well he is trying to at least lesson bless him, lol. How is Mr B doing? how is Niamh? Tc. Xx

• toady
    Options

Hi all, not the nicest day if you ask me.. cool yet stuffy and rainy, not my favourite combination. But yes it saves watering so if it must, it must. Have been doing boring jobs, cautiously tidying the spidery end of the garage (no sightings), washing pots, checking pots for sickly or not germinating things, etc. Yes I know the sort of windowlene-y stuff you mean frog, I suppose it's the sort of thing they use in shops when they're refitting them or if closed etc. Good old pink windowlene knocks spots off every newfangled spray, incidentally, imo. Can we all have cucumber sandwiches when you're ready please? Anyway hope you got outdoors in the end between rain. The cup & saucer recovered on its own because it was indoors for a bit and then outdoors but under supervision ๐Ÿ˜‚ . I didn't use the SB in the end because either I bought the wrong sort but it has an -icide element which I wasn't quite sure about ๐Ÿค” so thought I'd better look into it some more. I expect our nasturtiums will come up one day haha. I was quite surprised by the pansies, they went in at the end of last year and the frizzle sizzle did nothing, these looked a bit unpromising, then suddenly got into their stride & lots still to come. Nice to hear Kari has maybe found a car! ๐Ÿ˜Š and hope she takes to it again like a ๐Ÿฆ† to๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ˜€. She can visit you more easily too I assume. Can I ask you, do you (or anyone!) understand how to 'read' the covid stats? because the bbc & ons talk of 1 in 15-20 people infected, around 5-6% of the population in England - whereas gov.uk and my local info (and other places for comparison) talk along the lines of (roughly) 20 new cases this week, and a 7 day case rate of 250 per 100,000 - I can't square this at all, is it just me. Have a good weekend :) xx

Hello bosh - 'why do I hate jumpers? let me count the ways', as Shakespeare probably said. Not really itchiness, I just don't really like layers of clothing.. or feeling muffled up.. or pulling things on over my head.. oh and they don't suit me ๐Ÿ˜‚.. and I'm not mad about sleeves, full stop.. and I suppose a more genuine reason, is all clothes feel more annoying since the arthritis because as I'm not supple everything feels like it's ill-fitting, like dressing up an animal that doesn't like the restriction ๐Ÿคจ. But mainly if it's cold enough for jumpers it's too cold for me, and a jumper to keep warm is no substitute for being warm because the weather's nice. ๐ŸŒž Though there are some jumpers that aren't too awful, if you have to have one. Anyway I had a nice sleep on my lilypad thank you so let's see if I can do the same tonight, and likewise yourself especially if last night's wasn't too good ๐Ÿ˜” have a good weekend as poss, and family too, are they babysitting this week did you say? :) xx

Hello joan, my tap seems fine touch wood ๐Ÿšฐ they will need new ones one day but if I don't have to have a plumber at the moment all to the good ๐Ÿคžhope all's well with you both today. Do you like to listen to the radio at all, I wondered? Sometimes I listen to plays or old serials, but also I've been listening to 'Slow Radio' on BBC Sounds website, it's little quiet programmes of all sorts like making cider the traditional way or a day at the seaside or on the Flying Scotsman or just woodland sounds at night, that sort of thing. Have a good weekend :) xx

Barbara no I haven't been camouflaging myself ๐Ÿ˜‚ the sparrows aren't remoteley bothered about me, they pinch my salad right under my nose (the cloches might keep them off no doubt the earwigs will have a go instead there seems to be a lot of them about - 'forky tails' as my Dad called them) ๐Ÿ›. Blackbirds go away from their garden sites after they've finished nesting apparently but I think I've had ones stay around longer because they know there will be food ๐Ÿค” Love to both have a good weekend xx

Love to Kitty and all callers ๐Ÿ˜˜ xx

I may or may not have bought a Euromillions ticket, so I may or may not be in tomorrow ;)