Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,059
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you? This might be an instalment thing today, thanks about poem, we can do something’s tho to partially fight the digital supremacists, every time you read a book made of ink and paper, or even write something with pen and paper, when you delete meaninglessness FB contacts, when you switch off your devices😀, ok not preaching of course, just giving my opinion.

hi Joan ear is almost ok now thanks, thanks about mum, yes that’s poss about her results thanks, how are you?

bye for now T and Joan Xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

how are you today? just a quick hello atm methotrexate and some chores are calling lol

not sure about what causes my earache exactly but colder weather is def a factor

I’ll leave it there for now, hope you doing ok? Bye Tc Xx

ps appropriate headwear lol xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,134
    edited 22. Oct 2022, 17:26
    Options

Hi all, just a quick neither one time nor the other visit today 😂 have just finished wrestling with a letter and gosh what a lot of padding & no news it was, but I stretched it to 3 double-sided A5's and a couple of news clippings so it's better than a poke in the eye I daresay.

Mr Cockerel (or rooster as they say elsewhere which is why it took me a while to find the right thing in search), is very happy with his restored ability, cock-a-hoop in fact 😀. I will take a suitably posed picture of him somewhere for you sometime 😂. I expect crabby feels better for his 'shell' being repaired too. Better out there today so did get out of doors, what sort of thing do you rather fancy a cold frame for frog, something that would work as well or better than in the greenhouse? or purely just want one 😊 (oh for Monty's serried ranks of nice ones - another thing that's making me think, should I hang on to get a really good quality setup 🤔 I expect I will swerve all over the place for a while yet til I make a decision). Glad you had a good time at the show (I remember well how vast it is!) and how very very gratifying to still like your own best of any 😀. Good luck with the bikes and hope Paul had a good time at the football, also that you found your friends as well as poss. Sunday tomorrow, which it does not feel like. The milkman did manage to come up with what I ordered this morning (still a ridiculous service though, £4 for four little mince pies anyone?!) Oh btw my ebay buyer did actually send me a nice thank you message, so 'come back all I said' as my mother used to say, sometimes people are still appreciative. Have a good evening, hope Lucy feels better soon too🤞.

Hello joan the cockerel is much happier 😀 tempting to play it out of the window, wonder what the cat would make of it 😂. What a shame that people don't want to encourage the foxes, but lots are not very sympathetic to wildlife or know much about it, my old neighbour didn't know squirrels live in trees and thought birds only nest in the springtime. There were not many with masks when I went to the Drs and the postman asked me to sign for a parcel this week using the pen attached to the screen thing, which they haven't been doing all this time, I don't think he was all that happy about it either. Have a good Sunday both :) xx

Hi bosh & sending you some moral support type wishes for the mtx & any jobs you have to do, hope the earache is pretty much gone - yes very appropriate batty hat, isn't it great 😀 I wish I had the nerve to wear that somewhere. My day is not too bad thanks I am catching up a bit on chores too, hoping to have a quiet Sunday. I ought to do some ebay listing but can't really be bothered and also a lot of the time you get people just 'watching' items over & over for eternity which annoys me a lot 🙄 at least if I don't have things up no-one can watch them 😂. You mentioned getting an item from M&S in person the other day because it wasn't online, do you find that happens a lot.. sometimes I go & look at something and there are only a few sizes left or something, or if it's a sale item the sale price is only for one colour in one size, it makes browsing a bit irritating. I did get a nice item from D.p*rkins the other day, you notice firms are really fighting to attract & keep customers these days aren't they, they were doing a 'free next day delivery for a year' offer which was really cheap (I suppose that encourages people to shop more even though that conflicts with the 'buy less clothes' initiatives like Toni was talking about, but if companies then go out of business that's a shame too 🤔 difficult to get a happy medium in shopping habits). See you next time & in the meantime I am making tea, plain bics always on hand 👍️ xx

Love to Kitty and hope all's well at the bungalow 😊

and hello to Barbara, as you might see I have been giving keyhole surgery to a toy cockerel 😂 he has had the procedure before so is used to it now and is re-coop-erating well 😂 love to all 😘 xx

and Carol, mig and anyone dropping in xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

thanks for your nice message 👍

unfortunately I’m more tired than I thought I’d be , must admit I like the “watch” option lol, but true I don’t press watch for ten centuries or so , I try not to be an inconsiderate timelord these days lol

will reply properly tomorrow

bye for now good night and Tc xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options

Morning everyone😊 the kettle's on!

That's right Joan I am still trying to protect us all especially those who are really vulnerable like my friend. Luckily the good news is that she has a syringe driver which is giving her morphine constantly so she's not in any pain at all. They still don't like having the carers in, but i think that's because they aren't very confident carers? They seem a bit clumsy still they might get better.🤞Have a good Sunday both of you I hope Sue's carers are all well ((())) xxx

Morning to Kitty if you happen by I hope you are feeling very settled in the new bungalow. Have the gardeners been yet? You must tell everyone how much it costs! ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi I love the bad coffee Star Trek joke😁 It was probably a McDonalds coffee🤫

Very well said about using pen and paper👏 and reading 'manual' (hehehe!) books we are helping keep something going. How terrifying to think of a future where no-one writes or reads using paper. A world where we are all just sat down with only one long finger (or thumbs) to press buttons with. I have been hoping for a long time that facebook will die a death. I think younger people don't use it so much now. My girls aren't fussed.

There is nothing like losing yourself in a book just like that painting you posted.

Tough day yesterday for you being so wiped out. I was a bit too and didn't sleep at all well for some reason. Let's hope today is better for us both.

When does your adorable, if cheeky, nephew arrive? Big Baba will have to be nice for days!

Yesterday we went out for a drive in the motorhome which it needs from time to time. It was a nice day for a drive and it needs a run out from time to time.

take care and rest up a bit ((())) xxx

Morning Toady how are you doing today? Yesterday was such nice weather i was just telling Bosh we took the motorhome for a run so the battery stays charged felt nice enough to be going away! Still the best motorhome there is in our opinion😍 I went to see my friends both were ok enabled the wife to go out and collect morphine prescription and do a little shop while we had a chat.

I'm sure whoever received your letter loved it so much effort has gone into it.

Cockerel is cock a hoop! I love it😁 Yes crabby is happy too with his shell repaired. We did good. I want a cold frame because i want one! I don't need one just proper grown up gardeners like Bayleaf have them and Monty. sigh.... A really good one would be lovely wouldn't it?

Some good news! the neighbour has nearly finished heightening the wall between our two properties. So soon they won't be able to look out of their kitchen window down our garden! Happy days😊

I think 'watchers' might be hoping they come into some money or the item is relisted at a cheaper price? I have been watching an item for about a year, but you'll get why; It's an original vanity mirror for behind the sun visor in the Figaro but it's on for almost £400!!!! One day I'll either win the lottery (Opps I don't enter) or they will bring it down to a price I can afford. In the meantime I wistfully watch😔 It should be mine I would look after it😒

Oh dear 'Come back all I said' indeed! How quaint is that expression. 'I take it all back' said in a different way. Very quaint I might start using that myself🤔

£4 for some mince pies?😮 blimey were they sprinkled in gold dust?

Better get on I suppose

But first a quick hello to Barbara if she calls in. Hoping the eyes aren't too bad and the family are all well ((())) xxx

and a wave to Carol 👋 hoping the family are all behaving nicely again now fingers crossed xxx

vegan option of course available.

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope you have good neighbours have a good day love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) yes I think about passing on viruses you don’t know. You can’t worry too much it would drive you mad. Have a good day enjoy the mince pies.

Barbara (()) how are you and Mr B (()) love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) yes the carers take a bit of getting used to Sue’s carers come in 3 times a day except on a Friday has I wanted one day we did not have to clock watch. Yes they are well thank you. How are your friends that’s good having a syringe driver (()) no we don’t do the lottery or Facebook or the post code lottery. Love to Lucy (()) have a good day. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) I have had at times neuralgia where you have toothache and earache at the same time I put cotton wool in my ear I hope that helps. Love to your mum (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    edited 23. Oct 2022, 09:24
    Options

Thanks Joan sorry to hear about your neuralgia that’s good advice I do that too, but I put Vicks Vapour Rub on the cotton wool, mum’s in a bit of a mood today but she said she’s well, so hopefully her mood will pass soon, how are you and Sue? Bye Tc xx

• bosh
    Options

hi toady 🐸

thanks for the methotrexate support wishes

you’re welcome about the hat 🎩

yes I do find that happens a lot about not getting what you want online I also hate it when they have online specials which are sold out in about 1 nanosecond flat lol

Some companies are def struggling to get customers attention etc I agree

I don’t buy a lot of clothes personally but I had been wearing a torn pair of M&S warm leggings since about 1645 to be honest with you lol so I thought it was about time I replaced it, though yes its certainly complicated for a lot of people shop more yet shop less yes nothing’s simple is it really?

Horrible weather here at the moment murky and rainy is it the same with you? hope your morning is going okay so far, bye and take care xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you today?

I love that funny blackboard about the Cabinet 😂

thanks I like reading too although I read a lot less than I used to it’s small amount at a time for me now generally speaking I suppose when we were younger and we were studying and doing more “brain workouts” it were lol, we were more used to concentrating for long periods of time, at least I think that how it is that’s how it is with me 😀

LA’s coming on the 25th and staying for about a day and a half I think, well a maximum of just under two days, he was meant to stay a bit longer but my dad is having something done to his car at the garage yeah but nothing really that important it’s just dad being dad 😡

yes I think you’re right there enforced cheerfulness for dad even though it’s very short term

A couple of days ago something quite bad happened well almost happened basically my dad to put a banana skin on the floor in the morning and then I started to slip on it so I put my arm and hand out to break my fall and my hand was really hurting for about half the day then it got better but thank goodness I didn’t fall on the floor and my dad said it was my fault and then many hours later I said that when arthritic people have a fear of falling it’s not a self-indulgent fantasy and he eventually apologised but it was an unnecessarily scary and horrible start to the day okay I maybe should’ve looked at the floor a bit more but I couldn’t see how that could’ve been my fault, okay I’ll leave that topic for now.

glad you had a nice drive and like the coffee joke ☕️

Sorry to hear that you were a bit wiped out too and didn’t sleep well that’s one of the worst things isn’t it? not having enough sleep? I most def know that from past experience.

hows the weather where you are? here there’s already a thunderstorm warning I haven’t ventured outside.

hows Lucy doing these days? is she enjoying her new job?

BR by the way seems to be a one woman - man as it were ha ha, Who plays with a special lady friend Leola every day in the nursery also he sympathetically pats a lot of of the babies when they feel sad but they’re only pals lol.

LA said that no one else is allowed to go on holiday to Reading not mummy not daddy and not even BR, he likes having a “ relax time” as he calls it, by himself in Reading with the three of us, so he can get our undivided attention no doubt, bit of a cheeky monkey there no doubt lol 🐵.

I hope you have a more restful day today bye for now Toni and take care. Xx

• toady
    Options

Hello all 👋 well excuse me if I am even more of a shambles than usual, where was Kitty last night when a spider materialised on my bedside table 🙀 I was already pretty much on my last uppers for looking forward to going to bed, but had to pull half the room to bits instead because I lost it, ruining my unbroken record of catch & release. Moved the bed to the other side of the room & hoped for the best, and of course the heavens opened from then on and it absolutely poured down for the rest of the night. Had nightmares of water coming in the house, an old boss of mine coming in to do the repairs (me in pyjamas no make up of course as per all these sorts of dreams) - and worse - and woke up round 6 feeling like I'd been washed up & shipwrecked. Looking out now there's blue skies, white clouds, sun and not a breath of wind 🙄.

So I have had to keep calm and go shopping today 😳😂 I have bought 3 sorts of tulips, some seeds, and 2 pots. I wasn't that happy with my bulbs last year because they came up too far apart in time to make a proper display, what I think I need this year is something pre-planted maybe, for them to grow up among. I had an email featuring 3 or 4 lovely planted up arrangements from a firm, but when you go to the online shop they didn't actually tell you what those items were, which does annoy me. Any idea what the nice foreground plant is in the attached pic frog? I did rather think you probably wanted a coldframe for the same reasons as me 😄 they are just so satisfying aren't they. I may have a bit of a rearrange and then see what grabs me. Whoopee for your neighboring garden wall btw, I expect you will be able to use that for something in the grow up or train across line? At least unlike fences you know it won't need disturbing again. Glad you had a nice little run out yesterday 😀 . The Figaro mirror, I see 🤨 I am among watchers here. Ok there are good reasons for it but I do rather blame ebay for saying 'watch for when the price drops' and giving people ideas, it's IF not when. Unless I have best offer it won't be being reduced (and I am talking years' worth of watching in some cases, I would tend to think people would a) give up or b) go without a takeaway or two and cough up the difference 😉). Seriously I realize some things don't fall in that oversimplification, maybe everyone is waiting for the lottery. Personally I'd be happy if you could watch and the seller didn't know, what I do want to know is what Best Offer sellers accepted - they took that ability away and it was so useful. Hope you are having a good Sunday & best to everybody :)

Hello joan, I didn't actually buy the mince pies, not at that price 😮, 6 from the supermarket for £1 or so is more my style 😂 I bet the expensive ones would not be so fantastic that they were worth the money. Will probably buy some normal ones soon, I always used to wait til the proper time, but I've had a few years when xmas was disrupted in some way or other so sometimes it doesn't seem worth saving things up! Do you ignore xmas shopping etc til nearer the time or start early? Have a good Monday love to both & the dogs :) xx

Hi bosh thank you for the nice message 😀 you might have seen me say to Toni, I have caught a little of the old Tulip Fever today myself. Even then one thing I really wanted was out of stock, but if I waited for that I think other sale items would have gone out too - annoying though, as you rightly say. Glad you at least replaced your Civil War era leggings 😂 I have one item that dates back to when it was St Michael labels 😬. We used to have a really nice branch but they moved it, it's still quite nice but they should have stayed in the main town - all these stores that go out of town have been part of why High Streets end up empty and tatty. Ebay watchers, I don't mind people keeping an eye on things & making up their mind or saving up & all that, or even just watching not seriously at all, just the ones that gon on & on. I always feel like putting the item up or down by a silly amount like penny a time just to be petty haha. Hope little LA enjoys his holiday are there any planned activities included in his stay as well as his all-inclusive accommodation 😄 I hope BR will be spoilt a bit to compensate, I love him being kind to the sad nursery pals, what a nice baby 😘. Have a good evening and just to say yes falling is no laughing matter for us, slippy things and steep slopes all v scary. See you soon :) xx

Love to Barbara 😘 have just bought the birdies a bucket of sunflower hearts so they have done well out of me today (well I was spending money on myself so it was only fair) xx

and Kitty can you stand by in case incy wincy comes back thank you 😕 have a good week 😊 xx

Love to all xx

• toady
    Options

(not my picture just for identification purposes)

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

Oh no spider was right next to you, that can’t be good 🤢

sorry to hear that you had such a bad night 😔

yes very unsettled weather today I agree, I was also pretty tired by the time the sun came out

Tulip Fever, life imitating art that’s interesting, shame you couldn’t buy what you really wanted to

Thanks about my antique leggings replacement lol 😂

yes a shame about high streets def and old shops too Littlewoods, C& A, Woolworths and so on, I read a novel about Woolworths once, but it was one of those thinly disguised “chick lit” affairs laced with a dash of badly written nostalgia unfortunately.

yes odd about eB*y watchers, I thought they would’ve got fed up of the reminders and pressed “unwatch” people can indeed be strange.

thanks about LA he’s not staying for long - just under 2 days I think- so just Rapunzel and poss some baking, oh and my mum says we’re having lunch outside on Wednesday - I really hope my stomach feels better by then otherwise I’ll be the one in the corner drinking squash and pretending to eat a sandwich - lovely 😡.

Thanks - good to know you fear falling too, I also have another fear but maybe I should ask Toni about it at some point as she had PsA, sometimes things slip out of my hands because of the strong moisturisers I use, once I broke a cup, luckily not too badly, obviously no one gets hospitalised for breaking a cup, but there’s no great solution to it really, I often scrub my fingers, but of course too much of that creates an itch, Ive also dropped phones and bank cards, anyway not a great concern just a bit annoying, I could consult Spock of course, but he’s busy trying to find a decent cup of coffee in outer space (that’s where all the former High street shops have emigrated to by the way).

im sure BR will be made a fuss of - he’ll have a break from bossy big bro at least! Lol

bye for now, hope you have a better night, Tc xx

ps Kirk and Spock - fashion icons of their time apparently, lol 😂. Xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning Everyone

Morning Joan how are you doing? Everyone is ok here ATM. 3 times a day is a lot and i have to agree that is stressful all that clock watching. Oh can't go out yet in case the carers come or they are late or must hurry back because of the carers. That's how my lovely carers feel too. Ah well it's the price everyone pays for the wonderful help they give when we need it. You are very wise to dodge the lottery facebook etc they either waste your time or your money! ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi how are you now after that stupid near miss with your Dad's banana skin! How ridiculous did he miss the bin/waste caddy??🙄I hope he will be more careful in future how silly. Any of you could have had a nasty fall there including himself. Glad your wrist recovered.

Shame he is having something done to his car when LA is having his 'relax time' in Reading. What a big boy LA is coming to stay with you all on his own😊 Mind sounds like he wants to be without his own family for a bit as well as have the attention of 3 adults all to himself! Does he have a special toy he sleeps with?

BR is a sweetheart you can already tell that can't you? patting other children to reassure them when they are upset is adorable🤗and a loyal sweetheart too having just one special ladybaby, Leola.

We had horrendous rain yesterday morning so much so that the roof leaked into the kitchen on the edge of the extension. When it eased off a bit Paul went up and spotted a whole load of moss and debris so hopefully it's solved👍️Did you get the rain too in the end?

Thanks for asking I think I am just not sleeping well you know getting off ok, but waking to early and unable to get back off. How about you? are you doing ok?

I think I might try reading in bed when that happens if I can work out a way of getting enough light to the book without disturbing Paul 🤔

Kirk and Spock have their Christmas jumpers on! I bet they are newer than your leggings were, but I am impressed you kept yours so long it's the right thing to do we waste too much these days. I hope you have been able to get suitable replacements.

Morning Toady how are you this erm...darkish and dingy morning? I'm sure we'll get some sun later🤞

I see you had the rain first before us - wasn't it horrendous?! Incredibly heavy. It gushed down the lane here it did. Our roof did leak unfortunately although Paul thinks he has fixed it I hope so. At least in your dream you did have pjs on; in the worst kind you are absolutely starkers😳

Oh dear no Kitty when you needed her. I take it your 8 legged visitor was a decent size? I expect you are almost glad he wasn't outside in that rain though? almost? Have you yet located him yet?

Is the plant in the foreground erm.....I think I know I hopefully have a label in mine when it's light I'll venture outside and have a look. If it is what I think it is then it's hardy and worth having. Is it astrantia?

Best offer yes! I love it's really the way to go surely? I don't think the Figaro vanity mirror will ever come down in price do you? They can virtually ask anything us figaro owners will pay it. £400 though I mean... Knowing what others have accepted was a really good feature shame it's gone.

Are you thinking pre-planted for your bulbs this year then? Not a bad idea I hope you can get something suitable. The wall is almost done! Just the 'blueys' to go back on top. I will have much more privacy in my veggie patch🙂. I do hope it doesn't make their kitchen window too dark though for them. I love walls just love them. As you say they won't blow over in the wind I can just admire it. I will take pics when I can. If you do manage to find a quieter spot for a cold frame I will need a photo.

Have a good day.

I do hope all is well with Kitty she has been quiet lately. Did the rain get her yesterday in her cosy little bungalow I bet it did hope she feels safe ((())) xxx

Love also to Barbara and family all of them from Mr B to neighbour's cats to all the grand daughters. ((())) xxx

and of course a wave to Carol in case she gets time to pop 👋 by xxx

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope the rain was not too heavy there. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) i hope you have a good day. There is only the two of us we just buy what we fancy at Christmas sue has pavlova for breakfast because she can’t have it tea time because she has a hiatus hernia and she can’t lie down depending when the carers come. She might not have it this year.

Barbara (()) have a good day I hope all his well there love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) I’m sorry you are having bad night’s How is your friend and her wife (()) you have had a lot of worry the last few years. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) that’s good you never slipped on the banana skin your dad would have to do your jobs because you couldn’t do them. Love to your mum I hope she gets her results today (())

take care
    joan xx
  • toady
    edited 24. Oct 2022, 10:51
    Options

Morning all :)

Very nice out there today even though everything is still so sodden, at least it should have a chance to dry up a bit. Sorry about your leaky roof frog 😔 it was similar sort of thing with me one year except it was moss &c in gutter, awful having water in isn't it. Glad you think it should not happen again. I'm afraid I wasn't at all glad that spidey was in out of the rain 😂 sorry & all that, he was over the size I can cope with so he would have been going out there if I did find him (not, unfortunately; you know what they are, skirtings & floorboards are their oyster he is probably long gone.. or not 😬). It's all scale, I have a little one in the kitchen I have no argument with, which I realize is unjust. Thanks about the astrantia, I thought it looked a smaller plant considering the tulips being quite a bit above, but I think you are right. I'm not doing pre-planted tulips, I just want something else in the pot to make sure there is enough going on, so it'll be put bulbs in and plant something else in on top (I think). I did actually find the info I wanted from the website I mentioned, it was in a video & I hadn't scrolled far enough 😳. I can't decide about pots quite because I just used frost resistant last year and want to turn those pots out & bring them in - so perhaps I'll go for zinc rather than buy new & frostproof 🤔. Full steam ahead your lovely private veg patch 😀 you notice that all nice photos in gardening websites & magazines are posed in front of walls or nice old fences, never a modern one, it's just taken as read that's what looks best, quite right too. The key thing I missed out of my grumble with ebay watchers, is that I don't let my items just run on (I expect your mirror has been up continuously) - I end & relist - so people have to come back and manually re-watch all these times. If they clicked watch once for evermore I could excuse it a bit. Sorry if you feel there is no hope for you with this, the other thing I worry slightly for non best offer items is that someone might make them an unofficial one and they'd take it, you'd never know because it would not show in the completed listing price. But I see what you mean that it's a seller's market so they would probably never feel any need to let it go under the asking. Have a good start of week, I am going to go out for a potter now then I must start a jolly good seed sort, I hope you get some free time yourself. Hope Lucy is ok too now btw :) xx

Hello joan, yes it's nice to buy just what you want and even if that means not doing anything festive if you don't want to I usually have egg & chips for xmas lunch 😀 and just have some christmas cake & odd bits but nothing very fancy. My Dad had a hiatus hernia people take eating whatever they like for granted but when you can't yourself it makes things difficult 😔. Hope you have some sunny days it will be quite warm later in the week it says. :) xx

Hi bosh, I read all about you going to see the puppet show so I don't know why I forgot that was going to be LA's 'outing', silly me. Hope it all goes well and yes fingers crossed for the Wednesday luch for you 🤞 as I was just saying to joan it's much easier for people who can take eating for granted (like the BIL's of this world). Sorry you have the issue with the creams making your grip difficult, phones especially are slippery & fiddly anyway, I have mine in a book type case and I tend to hang onto it by the cover bit! but that's only because my right hand is not the best grip with arthritis, I don't have to use skin cream which goes to show that in turn I'm taking that for granted. I suppose we all do it for something. I did used to really love Woolworths 😥, I know it was hard for them survive once it became impossible to really compete with online shopping I wish they could have done something to stay open. I had a Littlewoods too that was nice but it was in the next town, Woolworths was just so handy because you could get almost everything so much variety, and also things you couldn't get anywhere else in town. I can see how they would use it as a setting for a 'pulp' novel, I expect there are a few set in the old Co-op stores too. I love Kirk and Spock's jumpers, they suit them! 😂🌲is that photoshopped because it looks too good. The robot one is brilliant it could almost make me want one 😉. Must go for a walk today, hope you have a good one if you are (or have been), see you later :) xx

Love to Kitty and Barbara may see you later if I'm in again 😘 xx

love to all xx

• bosh
    Options

hi Toni 🌺

how are you today? ( voice Control almost called you “Bony”, lol, but I thought that wasn’t very polite😂)

thanks about my hand yes it it it has fully recovered now👍

yes I suppose it’s poss that dad missed the caddy or something like that and of course accidents can always happen but he is so careless these days because he’s always thinking about the cultural society and a few of his stupid friends and relatives who he’s obsessed with he really seems to enjoy rubbing people up the wrong way, he had a friend and they had some argument about the cultural society or something else quite trivial and that friend didn’t speak to him for about maybe 15 years I wish I had that option 😀, never mind.

sorry to hear that you’re not getting a good nights sleep at the moment I am sleeping okay myself thank you I used to like reading in bed too but apart from possible light issues which I understand I also feel find it really bad for my back, maybe you could buy a tall mini desk lamp or something like that - which perhaps wouldn’t create too much light?

I sometimes find that certain types of drink help I know of course so that you don’t drink milk but possibly a nut - milk rich drink ? or something similar before you go to bed?

I did get good replacement leggings thank you

LA still likes his cuddly toys and to be honest he is still stealing BR’s teddies a lot of the time, last I heard he’d stolen BR’s George the pig…oh dear

just a quick question please, while I remember, do you often drop things or find things slipping out of your hands because of the strong moisturisers you put on your skin? I’ve broken a cup dropped bankcards and phones of course it’s not the end of the world or anything but I was just wondering if this happens to you as well with your psoriasis and eczema and if there’s anything that I can do about it? thanks .

I think I’d better leave it there Toni to be honest before I fully run run out of energy bye for now take care xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toady🐸

just a quick hi at the moment I’m afraid but I’ll try and post again later, of course I wasn’t thinking properly they can be lots of reasons we lose grip on phones and things 🤗

My Mum blames me for it though so she says “how can you drop a phone? they’re not exactly cheap” anyway I suppose it’s a case of people being in a different mindset to us arthritic types 😀

yes Woolworths I used to fantasise about the sweets pick and mix when I was young lol

i think I’ll just leave it there for now toady otherwise I’ll never get to use the bathroom and all that kind of stuff at least not till the next Civil War 😂

bye for I hope you’re having a good afternoon take care xx

hi Joan nice to hear from you, that’s a shame about Sue, Pavlova sounds very delicious, im almost sure my mum hasn’t got ECG results but thanks for reminding me I’ll ask her again, yes dad himself would’ve suffered but he is so lazy he doesn’t even do his own jobs to be honest 😂, bye for now tc xx

ps fairy pic for toady xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi everyone xx

A little poetic offering from me 😀

Poem for VC called Patience and Company

I wait for peace, I wait to be alone

But I daren’t disconnect the phone

In the morning I can’t start my day till I know you’re well

but my mind knows pains not subdued by any ointment or gel

I try to be quiet reflective and calm

but “talking” to my VC friends is soothing like balm

• frogmorton
    edited 25. Oct 2022, 06:16
    Options

Morning!

The kettle is on and it's not raining yet!

Morning Joan thank you for being kind about me not sleeping i think it's to be expected really with the worry about my friend's atm. Well my friend and her wife are doing o and have stopped the carers indefinitely they are coping better on their own, but can restart if it gets too much for either of them. How are you and Sue doing? ((())) xxx

How are you Reshmi today? Bony here🤭

I LOVED the poem you wrote! isn't it wonderful that this little group of people can help each other like this just chatting about nothing much too important😊The cafe has meant a lot to me since the first day it was conceived by Valval. I think I was the first person 'in the door' with @barbara12 close behind me and Aidan (Bubbles) not long afterwards.

Dropping things is a tricky one isn't it? To be honest I don't think there is a real solution to the problem for us whether it's due to emollients or the actual arthritis. When washing up I have my own pair of rubber gloves which no-one else touches that can help a bit. Mine happen to be also biodegradable which is a bonus and are also Frog and Toad green😊 My phone has loads of cracks in it the cover I got with it isn't that good the last one was better.

Aha I was wondering which cuddly might come on holiday with LA today to your house....one of poor BR's maybe maybe George the pig.

At least your Dad will have to be lovely now for a day or two whilst he is at yours. Imagine falling out for 15 years! Your dad must have really upset that man!

Hmmmm a hot comforting drink? I might try the vegan Horlicks I've bought thanks I'll let you know if that helps👍️Paul does sleep pretty well so a small light might be ok. I agree thought it is bound to affect my shoulders back and neck if i read too much in bed. I just want to put something in my mind instead of worries? You understand I'm sure.

Morning Toady how are you doing today? I don't want more rain (I wish it would divert to those countries in drought really), but need it to test whether it actually was the moss and muck on the roof. Fingers crossed eh? Reassuring that something similar worked for you.

It really does look like astrantia I think it might be the photo making it look quite small? I agree about walls and all the best gardening pics having walls or old fences nothing modern. I got our builder to put me up a 'fake' gate if you know what I mean....it leads to the back of the shed just because I love wooden gates!!

Aha I get what you want to do with your bulbs yes that would help things would look more lush. I can hear next door's dogs barking outside all 3 of them.... maybe Sleek is teasing them? Go Sleek. 😉 I have never solved the problem of pots cracking frost resistant aren't likely to survive the whole winter are they? Zinc does look rather lovely too so maybe...🤔

Yes the vanity mirror is an indefinite listing. He/she can wait it out. I could save up but really ought to look at replacing my cracked phone first..... I'd be surprised if he/she hasn't already had some unofficial offers and declined.

Thank you Lucy is doing ok she has a cold so I am having to dodge her ATM but keeping in touch via the phone.

Have a good day!

A quick hello to Kitty and Barbara

and Carol if she calls in. ((())) xxx

A special 👋 to anyone new who fancies braving joining us😁

breakfast

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) How are you I hope everything is going alright there. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) have a good day. I’ve found has you get older you loose your grip and you can’t unscrew things.

Barbara (()) how are you getting on and Mr B (()) love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) I bet your friend (()) and her wife (()) feel more relaxed with out the carers. What I’ve done when I can’t sleep think of something Like brown nothing comes in your mind and you get to sleep I hope it helps (()). Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day it’s difficult for someone who hasn’t got Arthritis to understand about it. Love to your mum (())

take care
    joan xx
  • toady
    edited 25. Oct 2022, 10:39
    Options

An early hello from me before I nip out and try & get the best of the sunshine 🌞 hope we're all as well as poss today.

Yes the wait for rain to test soundness of roof is a bit edge of seat I must say frog 😬 I do hope yours is ok next downpour and you get a categorical yes or no, but fingers crossed for a yes of course🤞water in anywhere is a nightmare. None today though by the look of things maybe Thurs? Mind you I've got 8 hours of rain later but the forecast is just 'cloudy', and only 6 hours on Thurs and the forecast is 'light rain' - it's all nonsense 🙄. Sorry Lucy still has a cold, hope it pushes off soon. And hope you get some better sleep soon, do audiobooks not cut it for you in that department? I usually always have something on the go but failing that just a recording of something bland.. jellyfish in a tank.. cats purring.. some people seem to like rain sounds but not for us I think 😬. A funny story from last night, I was listening to a fan-made type Doctor Who story, and at one point the characters retrieved a coded note from a murder victim's pocket which read.. 'Urgent, come to Val's cafe'. 😮 True story!! If I had been half asleep I might have sat bolt upright like a sleepwalker and logged in to post, as instructed 😄. I will persist with astrantia from seed 👍️ not in with the tulips just because it's on my list anyway. I would love a fake gate maybe when I get my side falling-to-bits gate replaced I could move on from there 😂. I have a clear silicon rubbery case for my newer phone which has made it slightly more grippy, just over the back & sides & a film screen protector. Somehow I've managed to never crack a screen etc but then I dont take mine anywhere or use it as a phone haha, just for texts and internet. Hope your morning is going ok (I really like that breakfast btw that looks so nice :) I even googled it lol, slight problem with the bacon but could sub that, I will give it a go 😀). Love to all xx

Morning Joan, my grip is much worse in my right hand where most of any deformity is, it's a shame it's not my left it would be less of a problem. I never would have opened jars etc with my left anyway. Electric plugs are annoying too they don't make the grippy bits very defined. Hope it's fine for you today it's quite nice here mild & no wind. Have a good day :) xx

Hi bosh, lovely fairies yesterday, lucky little things just spending their day skipping about in the flowers 😊 and lovely poem xx Hope your day is ok so far, not much news with me that I haven't already put in my replies to the others, like the funny story about listening to the Doctor Who audiobook. Hope everyone is ok and your Mum not doing too much prep for LAs visit or stressed about anything else. I was saying to Joan my right hand is the worst for grip, I don't think I could learn to do much left-handed though definitely not writing but I use it more than I used to I suppose. I always thought arthritis was meant to be symmetrical but mine isn't 🤔 ('usually but not always', google says) is that true for PsA? Have a good day :) xx

Waves to Barbara and Kitty 👋 xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi again toady 🐸

how Are you feeling today? Im not sure about Star Trek jumpers image was just something I found online may well have been photo shopped but I don’t know for sure

I really liked Littlewoods too, my mum used to take me and my tiny sister as she was back then to the Littlewoods café after school for a treat and we just had some squash or something like that possibly a snack though I can’t remember that part clearly I used to love that part of the day though 👍

it’s interesting what you said about co-ops we still have some of them in my neck of the woods two of them in fact they’re not particularly great and one is very small both are quite expensive really compared to other supermarkets especially the small one but it’s something to do at least for me to go for a walk and buy a packet of crisps or whatever

You know toady, that reminded me interestingly enough that when I went for my usual walk yesterday I saw loads of people queueing for either Covid or flu jab I believe but not even one person was wearing a mask not particularly sensible 😡

Yes Rapunzel theatre outing is tomorrow if all goes according to plan thanks

I’m not too bad today thanks didn’t walk much today though like I said to Toni getting out of the house is becoming really difficult I think it’s my iron deficiency and also stuffiness of house doesn’t help to be honest but anyway I managed to get myself motivated to go out of the house somehow stepped out of the door and realised I’ve got the wrong coat on really and it was damp and freezing not so freezing that I went to change my coat immediately,(I was so tired) though maybe that would’ve been the better option anyway it was nasty very non - arthritis- friendly weather so I just went to the bakery to buy something for LA and came back my leg started hurting very soon after returning but luckily it’s okay now

What you up to today? are you buying any more cat repellent equipment?

I saw a squirrel early this morning in the garden he must be waiting for his Lord to arrive ha ha that won’t be till later in the day around 4 pm.

toady did you see doctor who on Sun? It wasn’t too bad but they mentioned Vesuvius and defaced ML painting - no need to steal my ideas now, oh great g*ds of television, lol, yes I know poss too many asterisks, but I don’t want to inadvertently offend 😀

I’ll leave it there for now toady

hope you’re having a good afternoon take care. Xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you today? I do definitely know what you mean about trying to subdue worries at night maybe also calming music could help a little bit? Maybe if you found some good back pillows or cushions that might help a bit when attempting to read comfortably in bed👍

You’re welcome about the hot drink idea, definitely helped me at least for example if I go for a walk and I know that the best thing would just be to sleep away the fatigue but I’m not quite “there yet” I will often make myself a comforting hot drink 👍

I had a takeaway today from the local café ate a bit more than I intended to really but never mind one of the things that I ate was a lovely veggie burger I think they recently changed the recipe it seemed much nicer this time and was also hot and fresh, so much cheaper than McDonald’s and things like that 😋

LA’s found yet another lady baby friend my goodness he’s really the Don Juan of the under - 5s lol😂

rubber gloves that’s a good idea thanks for that😘

The Lord A is arriving about 4 o’clock today👑

my mum hasn’t got ECG results yet which might mean that everything is fine but we’re still not hundred percent sure what’s going on my mum didn’t want to talk about it anymore so of course have to respect that one

thanks Joan for asking and reminding me about the ECG 😘

Toni some people like to do breathing exercises and that kind of thing before they go to bed possibly something you could try? I’m not really that into it myself but a lot of people find it very useful

okay I think I’ll go for now because feeling very stuffy and tired to be honest

hope your day is going okay and that L’s cold gets better soon take care

• bosh
    Options

Hi again toady

just saw your latest message, I think my arthritic fingers are more swollen on right hand but grip not affected as yet.

bye for now xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue doing today? Yes that’s true it can be hard for others to understand 👍

bye for now tc xx