Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,059
    Options

Hi Toni ๐ŸŒบ and toady ๐Ÿธ

just wanted to say LA is staying an extra night now, so will leave Thursday morning, which is lovely of course but mum has got obsessed as usual so Iโ€™ll have to exist in the stuffy room with prob v little respite, so sleep and energy levels will be v much affected.

bye for now

• bosh
    Options

Good night everyone xx

ps pic of Acc*ssorizeโ€™s new belt - models lol xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,134
    edited 25. Oct 2022, 22:03
    Options

Hi bosh thanks for all your interesting news ๐Ÿ˜Š [edit, I missed the above while I was typing sorry] - I have been mostly pottering today & was in the garden for quite a while so could keep an eye out for cats myself ๐Ÿ‘€ not sure if the sonic repeller works she did have a go at coming over the fence today but didn't bother when she saw me. I did see TWO mice today (inc Lazarus) so they are surviving somehow ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ. I'd love a visitor squirrel or two hardly ever see one though. I was watching a couple of videos about planting tulips and they both were talking about how much squirrels like eating bulbs, tulips are their favourites apparently - don't think I'll have any trouble there, they probably lived in more countrified places. Anyway it was quite nice here for the most part today obviously didn't get it as cold as you, sorry it wasn't very good going out weather. No coat seems quite right at the moment have to say ๐Ÿค”. No-one with a mask even in a queue for jabs?! really don't know why people have become so unbothered or complacent or lazy or whatever it is, in any case no good reason why they should breathe over me after all I don't want a cold even or whatever you may have ๐Ÿ™„. Hope LA's extended visit is going ok, sorry it lumbers you with the stuffy room for a bit longer, after tonight just one night to go hope you can grin & bear it ๐Ÿ˜ฌ . I like your Littlewoods story I used to do something similar with my Mum and usually had a club biscuit lol, or one of those little packs of 2 biscuits you get, it wasn't a Littlewoods though but it was upstairs somewhere you could look over the town, it was nice. I didn't actually watch the Doctor Who in the end I quite like watching things back so I can pause or go back a bit if I miss something, the cheek though of pinching your plot ideas, this isn't creative commons you know, bbc ๐Ÿคจ well at least I know it will be good ๐Ÿ˜‰ btw asterisks, better to use more than less probably I don't use enough, I forget (at least I've never been told off by the mods for brand names etc.). Have a good night might be in early tomorrow (I have a few things on later like a phone call), but if I'm not enjoy the show ๐Ÿ’‡โ€โ™€๏ธ <- hope this does not happen in it that would be the end of the plot!! xx

'Night all ๐Ÿ˜˜ xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options

Morning everyone

Breezy out there I heard it when I let Sleek out.

Morning Joan think of something dull like brown. Ok I'll try that thank you. I was awake early again today, but that could have been because paul had to be up at 5 and I worry in case his alarm doesn't go off! My friends are way way happier without the carers as you so rightly said clock watching. Hope you and Sue are ok? ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi how are you doing today? Not so stuffy I hope?

Yes the warm comforting drink is a really good idea it worked for getting off last night really well I was very pleased and believe it or not vegan horlicks is not too bad! and I will have a go at reading (with pillows) and will try to 'source' (I hate jargon do you?) a lamp of some sort.

I'm glad you enjoyed your take away it has to be more healthy than Mcdonalds really doesn't it? So what if once in a while you at a bit more than you normally would. you enjoyed it๐Ÿ˜Š

I wonder how your overnight visitor is getting on? I hope he didn't miss his Mummy too much bless him. All being well he is having a great time wearing you all out. How many adults does it take to entertain one small boy? 3!!! Another lady baby friend?! He is really a proper Lothario unlike the one woman man who is your BR. Did George the pig come along with him?

No results for your Mum yet? Hmmmm I like to think 'no news is good news' and am probably right, but if I was her I would be on edge until I knew for sure.

have a good day and take care.

Good morning to you Toady how are you doing?

How right you are about water! It gets in doesn't it and can do a lot of damage. We need a decent downpour to know one way or another now nerve racking..๐Ÿ˜ฃ

I would love to do my audiobook in bed oh yes, but poor Paul struggles with them I know because I have tried it in the past. Earphones are not at all comfy in the day times and can't imagine trying to sleep in them, so sadly no audiobooks for me....woe๐Ÿ˜• just gardening, cleaning and cooking๐Ÿ˜Š How wonderful 'Val's cafe' was mentioned like that. Whoever it was is welcome to pop in๐Ÿ˜‚ how brilliant is that?

That's what I've got on my phone a silicon cover sort of back and sides and a good screen protector on the screen. Without that i think it would not be holding together now. I know I need to change it, but I love it and read somewhere that us keep changing our phones is really bad for the environment so hanging on in there as long as I can.

Yes do grow your astrantia from seed if you can I love mine a neighbour gifted me a whole plant if you remember last year it's just gorgeous in the raised bed.

If you liked the look of yesterday's breakfast we can easily do it with vegan bacon in it no problem.๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

Right I had better get on must do something today!

A quick hello to Barbara and Kitty too. I hope all is well with you both. We are missing your chats very much ((())) xxx

and finally before I whip up our breakfast hello to Carol here's hoping the family are all behaving now ((())) xxx

breakfast burritos๐Ÿ˜‹

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) have you got shopโ€™s near you. Have a good day. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) I still have a thick jumper I bought in Littlewoodโ€™s when you went down stairs to the restaurant Argos had a shop there. Iโ€™m left handed have a good day

Barbara (())) I hope all is well there with you and your family (()). Love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancรฉ (())

Toni (()) Iโ€™m pleased your friend and her wife can manage with out the carers but itโ€™s nice to know they are there if needed (()) life can be so hard and worrying (()) How is your back now (()) Sue got some Coconut water yes itโ€™s nice. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day. Would your mum be able to phone the Doctor and say she would like to know her results has she is worried about it (())

take care
    joan xx
  • toady
    edited 26. Oct 2022, 13:22
    Options

Hi all :) earlyish call for me as I have a few things to do. Sunny but jolly breezy out there at the moment so probably not much doing for me outdoors maybe a bit of mumbling in the garage and tidying. Birds are all quiet today, will see who I can see later and if there is any sign of the 2 mice ๐Ÿ˜€ one definitely 'my' mouse frog you will be pleased to know and if 2 mice, well maybe more ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ‘งโ€๐Ÿ‘ฆ. Pic underneath and 2 of my toms (on a plate with 2 of the garden pearl), a historic moment for me ๐Ÿ˜‚. Yes I remember you had a nice astrantia from someone locally, I don't rule out getting a plant we'll see. My bulbs arrived today :) am currently doing the seasonal pot musical chairs thing to see what's going where. My neighbour has razed their summer bedding in one fell swoop for whatever is next, even though plenty were still nice, no sentiment there (surprise surprise). Probably feared a petal may fall on the patio ๐Ÿ™„. The other one is pressure washing something with a high-vis jacket on, what on earth is he using ๐Ÿคจโ˜ ๏ธ. Audiobooks &c, I play things from my phone & use the lightest little earphones not the in ear sort as such the little flat ended ones, just use one, sit lightly in one ear and even if I go to sleep it would just fall out or I'm usually awake enough to flick it out myself. It's not foolproof I do tend to wake up having listened to something and I'm half way through the next episode of something totally different which is why bland things are good, you can't wake up in the middle of a horror story. And you might not want your phone kicking about in with you or dropping on the floor, that's my bad habits. I could go wireless I suppose but how do you turn your phone off then ๐Ÿค”. I will try the little breakfast recipe, I couldn't get bacon in my shopping order sadly but they did say 'or ham' so wil try that. Have a good day, only showers of rain for me the next day or so, a heavier bit Fri night maybe so good luck with your damp diagnosis๐Ÿคžxx

Hello joan, I had forgotten all about Argos being in Littlewoods but yes of course, I remember mine did too I don't think I bought much but I do know I had to wait once or twice for something to come down from the behind the scenes bit, I don't know if they still work like that ๐Ÿค” apparently they only stopped printing the catalogue in 2020. I bet your jumper is better made than a lot of things you would get now. Have a good day :) xx

Hi bosh & hope things going ok with you so far๐ŸคžI see that I rewrote Rapunzel into a story where she doesn't get her hair cut ๐Ÿ˜‚ shows how long it is since I heard or read the original story, ah well, I'm sure there's scope for an alternative version they rewrite pretty much else and take liberties with original storylines don't they. See you later probably I have a phone call round 7 it will probably be like one of your long ones to your friend but hopefully will be able to concentrate that long ๐Ÿ˜ฌ xx

Love to all look forward to a teabreak later if anyone's making xx

• toady
    Options

toady's tomatoes, and spot the two little mice ๐Ÿ˜€

• bosh
    Options

Hi everyone

How are you all? donโ€™t worry Iโ€™m still around but the sweet but tiny troublemaker is still in residence so Iโ€™m running on coconut water and wet wipes but still half asleep ๐Ÿ’ค

thanks Joan my mum wonโ€™t even let me mention ECG results now ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

but does she seems less worried than before

bye for now Iโ€™m off to grab a shower before I turn into a carrot - nosed witch ๐Ÿฅ•

tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi again toady ๐Ÿธ

how are you this evening? V small incomplete message today unfortunately but def better than almost no messages

hope you have a nice call with your friend

to be honest I canโ€™t remember the original Rapunzel fairy tale other, but the puppet show was a funny and new version, but clean and not too scary def suitable for little nephew monsters, sorry 4 year olds lol

LA enjoyed but then kicked up a massive fuss about lunch so we had to go to MacDonalds - I really hope we havenโ€™t caught covid, especially my mum of course, anyway at least thatโ€™s over now.

these days I really only have one โ€œphone friendโ€ as it were, but I def enjoy speaking on the phone, I like VC of course but telephone seems more human (less Darlek lol).

Real struggle of a day to be honest, my parents are catering to LAโ€™s every whim in fear of a tantrum, which more or less happened anyway, well the chaos extends into tomorrow an early lunch at residence bosh, basically mum will be cooking ๐Ÿณ

Rest of EF will be visiting and Bill will be stuffing his face, no surprise there

the Sunday episode of Dr Who was ok, I wouldnโ€™t say itโ€™s the best episode Iโ€™ve ever seen, but def a good change ๐Ÿ‘

I was doing my ST watching and found a quote from Dr McCoy describing a certain GP, allegedly, (you see what I did there? Censor deflection, only joking lol) โ€œher mind is functioning on a very simple level, mental faculties down here (ie in the GPโ€™s surgery peut- etre / perhaps) seem to be almost atrophied because of non - useโ€. No further comment ๐Ÿ˜‚.

Spock also mentioned a sonic separator, so maybe the BBC is poaching more ideas than a brunch chef - who knows? Lol.

Ok Iโ€™ll leave it there for now,

have a good evening toady bye for now xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni ๐ŸŒบ

how are you? Yes still stuffy to be honest, but LA is fine, more than fine, as you predicted, my parents are catering to his every whim, Rapunzel was lovely, but cold theatre, my back really ached, then his Lordship had to have chicken nuggets at McDonalds.

LA is staying overnight again and tomorrow the rest of EF are dropping in for lunch, I might try going to town centre just to be away from this atmosphere for a while, depending one energy levels and so on.

mum had a hypo early this morning, she said if she dies from a hypo it will be my fault, I feel very sad when she says things like this, ok I know she doesnโ€™t mean it deep down, but stress is bad for us all, I know that we all have problems, money, health, whatever, but this kind of toxic atmosphere is good for no one, she got so angry at the idea of me quickly going to the group before the theatre that I didnโ€™t go, it wouldโ€™ve been difficult but it couldโ€™ve been managed, anyway Iโ€™ve stopped complaining for now ๐Ÿ‘

I hope the back pillows help, thats good about the drink,

bye for now Toni, have a good night, Tc xx

ps Monday was Diwali for the Hindus that celebrate it, not applicable to me personally, but EF do celebrate it, I saw a vid of BR saying โ€œHappy Laliโ€ btw, v good pronunciation attempt, bless, so hereโ€™s a Diwali pic. Xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone ๐Ÿ˜Š

substitute beer for tea of course....

What a great question Joan for Kitty about shops. Yes for now my friend and her wife are managing, but no-one seems able to say for how long. weeks to short months was the best guess and I suppose it's been a few weeks already since they said that. I will make sure the carers come back when needed. Are you and Sue doing ok today? ((())) xxx

Kitty how are you today? Well I hope all is well here well i say that obviously lots going on for me. Hope your carers are still as good as they were ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi how are you doing? Well I hope and not too tired? I'm so sorry you had to miss group ๐Ÿ˜•

I'm glad Rapunzel was good I bet LA loved it! I suspected he'd have his Grandparents running around after him. I bet you too if he can. I hope he is now reading to you?! He feels confident enough to stay a bit longer? That's a good sign bless him.

Awww your Mum does not mean that at all just that she cares so much about you and worries. Lucy had a seizure last night and lives on her own now - and gosh I worry. Most of us Mums have one child who we worry about more. The hypo was caused by too much insulin or too little food. Not your fault.

If I were you I would go a walk you can offer to pick anything up your Mum needs to help her, but look after yourself too please ((())) xxx

Oh BR! He is just adorable! Happy Lali indeed. Thank you for the lovely Diwali picture so pretty.

Morning Toady how are you today?

The tomatoes look yum now!!!!!!!!!!! Well done you and them๐Ÿ˜Š those ickle meeces! I love them they are just so sweet. ๐ŸญMaybe there are indeed more that that dependent on gender๐Ÿ˜‰

One of my neighbours had her seasonal plants gone about a month ago I was quite shocked! I must do my seasonal pot sorting too. I have some purple pansies and violas which can go out maybe. My astrantia has long gone over, but the agapanthus are continuing as are the verbena. I just love plants.

It was so windy yesterday not that pleasant, but dry mostly I only saw one early shower which was soon over here in the Midlands. Not a day for enjoying being outside. I mean you know what happens to your hair on days like these.

Me without my lippy on after a fake tan.....

Toady I will look into comfortable earphones. There must be something to suit. I would like to listen to an audiobook and can imagine (hopefully really waking up) with me several chapters ahead of where I thought i was!! Can set a timer of course๐Ÿคจ Will also pick some gentle books which won't give me bad dreams good tip.

I need to get on today I seem to be all discombobulated today already๐Ÿ™„ maybe I need the use of some power tools๐Ÿคญ

Love to Barbara I hope you are doing ok? All is well here weather still hit and miss I hope you have been able to get outside a bit ((())) xxx

they look yum to me!

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone. I think itโ€™s the 31โ€™st the clocks go back

Kitty (()) have a good day thinking of you (()). Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) Your tomatoโ€™s are lovely. Yes I saw the little mice i bet thereโ€™s a family somewhere. Have a good day yes the jumper is a warm thick polo just right for the cold weather. Have a good day

Barbara (()) I hope everything is going as it should for you (()) take care (()) love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancรฉ (())

Toni (()) Iโ€™m Sorry Lucy had a seizure last night i hope it did not leave her with too many problemโ€™s (()) you are a good friend to your friend (()) and her wife (()) itโ€™s no wonder you canโ€™t sleep at night (()) your mind is trying to work things out. Take care

yes we are well thank you. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the Carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (()))

Reshmi (()) Donโ€™t worry your mum (()). said that to you because sheโ€™s worried once she gets her results she will feel better donโ€™t worry

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Joan how are you and Sue? Thanks for your kind message, mums ok atm , but no ecg result as far as Iโ€™m aware.

bye and Tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady ๐Ÿธ

ive just about survived LA visit then rest of excess familyโ€™s visit, Rapunzelโ€™s grandmother- witch is partially made of vegetables - oh dear๐Ÿ… ๐Ÿฅ•

hope youโ€™re ok? Sorry bit busy atm

bye for now xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni ๐ŸŒบ

how are you? I survived LA and EF, just about, thanks about my mum, sorry about Lucy,

LA canโ€™t read yet, but getting there ๐Ÿ‘

he was so bossy lol, I think he only listens to his dad at home, but more details later hopefully

bye for now Toni and take care xx

• bosh
    Options

hi Toady

Iโ€™ve tried to re-read some of your posts but Iโ€™m tired and only some odd bits stood out to me to be honest lol, someone had a damp diagnosis not sure what that means haha, anyway Argos was in Littlewoods, right earphones not problematic, Rapunzel yes I was going to look up the original story but itโ€™s already about 4:30 now so being somewhat tired I think Iโ€™ll leave that, puppeteer was very skilled though and I think the story was just the right level for LA and the lady babies who seem to surround him wherever he goes โค๏ธ

I understand the appeal of audiobooks with earphones but donโ€™t you find that they can hamper your sleep? psychologists say, mind you psychologists arenโ€™t g*ds in my opinion lol anyway there is one school of thought letโ€™s just put it that way, that thinks that people should practice what they call โ€œsleep hygieneโ€ A routine that you stick to for example going to bed at a certain time even though some days youโ€™ll be less tired, some more, listen to whatever you want, but switch off devices before sleep, aromatherapy creams or oils can help pre - sleep, also music the type that helps you slow down, not winds you up as it were, anyway just suggestions of course, not trying to patronise ๐Ÿ˜€

ill leave it there , bit tired

bye Tc xx

• bosh
    Options

hi Again Toni ๐ŸŒบ

how are you this evening?

Iโ€™m sure you look nothing like Trump without make up etc lol, I wear hats most of the time and put thousands of clips in my hair when itโ€™s feeling extra unruly, mind you my hair is not as long as yours by any means ๐Ÿ˜€

yes LA is def a very perceptive boy, thatโ€™s true, knows where and when he can reign supreme, lol, wouldโ€™ve been so much easier to go home and make lunch there but no my poor mum and dad got a bit flustered mainly mum really, she said she had supper too early and then no food for a long time and that probably caused the hypo by the way, anyway back to LA he ate a lot more nuggets and fries than a small person really should eat, then demanded ice cream but somehow my mum managed to talk him out of that one lol

The rest of EF came today briefly they left around 12:30 because LA had some kind of eye appointment I think itโ€™s just to check if heโ€™s got allergies or something like, thats all I know about it really Iโ€™m not sure what happened at the appointment either but Iโ€™ll ask my mum later on, my dad bought about 15 types of chocolate dessert for LA so now my job is throwing the remainder of them out๐Ÿ˜ก

my dad is so annoying he was about to buy 20 nuggets for LA but then I stopped him, heโ€™s also taken to eating high sat fat pastry - based foods every day i told him that if he ends up in hospital again due his heart disease related problems I wonโ€™t be the person who will be suffering, but does he listen? Most definitely not, to be honest I feel a newborn baby would listen more than he does at the moment

I went to the town centre today because I just needed a bit of a break from the family atmosphere didnโ€™t do a great deal but avoided hot Choc went to a cafรฉ had a soya milk tea and snack and just bought one or two things, my back hurt afterwards though I guess because it was a damp day and also I think maybe when I sat on the bus I was sitting a bit stiffly because there was someone next to me

One funny thing, there were a lot of lady babies when he went to see Rapunzel, but they were slightly older than LA but I think LA mustโ€™ve been feeling very shy and afraid because a lot of the times he refuses cuddles from me but he suddenly hugged me very tightly and then disappeared behind me using auntie goddess mima as a type of barrier ha ha but then eventually he was okay he was consoled by crisps no surprise there lol but really enjoyed the puppet show from the start he did get slightly scared of the carrot faced ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™€๏ธ though but I think you hit the nail on the head - it was a kind of delicious fear nothing resembling a terror but when he was a bit afraid he put one hand on my leg and one on his grannyโ€™s bless him, but he liked the show in general and wouldnโ€™t stop talking about it

but the theatre like I mentioned before was cold and seemed sort of damp and murky somehow Iโ€™m not sure but part of it may have been underground, anyway I survived and it was much better for LA than a sugary treat or another deep-fried lunch ๐Ÿ˜‚

how is Lucy doing today?

i think Iโ€™ll I leave it there for now Toni I hope your evening is going well take care xx

• toady
    edited 27. Oct 2022, 18:46
    Options

Hi all :)

The doughnuts are here frog and I trust Sleek is happy seeing as I had to suffer the driver turning up 20 minutes early to bring them ๐Ÿ˜ฌ caught me right on the hop. I have a system of crates to chuck stuff straight into and something to make them stand the crates on so I don't have to bend, none of which were in place. Ah well could have been worse it wasn't like an undressed dream come true in real life, I was up & respectable ๐Ÿ˜‚. Bought me some rather 'interesting' subs, veg chicken burger type things instead of sausages ๐Ÿค” not exactly the next nearest I would have thought. Anyway that's my main 'stuff' done for the week including yesterday's phone call, and my regular injection, so I am hoping for a quiet couple of days๐Ÿคž. Too blowy to be much fun out today (yes, no-one wants blowy if that is the result!!) and damp for the rest of the week but at least only on & off. Fancy still having agapanthus, mine have set seed long since. And pansies, I have cut mine back but whether they'll get going again remains to be seen having been out of sequence from the off really. Is there any point buying winter-flowering pansy plugs at this time of year in your opinion or just go for garden ready? Pleased to say the clematis has set off well (up the arch) so safe to say it's taken and is happy, touch wood. Hope you can get some outside time between the weather and things are ok with you, especially that Lucy is alright ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ has she gone a while between seizures, hope all's well now and it was a case of she knows what was what &c๐Ÿคž. Hope you find something that suits you in the sleep line, as bosh quite rightly says it's borderline bad habits, for ongoing sleep problems/insomnia they do want you to be strict about screens off etc but I only really like listening to stories at night so I bend the rules a bit there and the soothing sounds type things should be ok. Have a good evening :) xx

Hello Joan, yes I hope the mice have a family I have a fair idea where they would have a nest deep in the undergrowth ๐Ÿ˜€. My grocery delivery driver was wearing a mask today I noticed, but the friend I spoke to yesterday said only her & her friend really bother much with being careful, other friends of theirs are flying abroad etc and not worrying. Have a good Friday hello to Sue & the dear dogs :) xx

Hi bosh, you have suffered enough the last couple of days without reading back through my posts poor thing ๐Ÿ˜‚ the damp diagnosis was just about Toni having had the rain come in & waiting to see if it does it again or she & Paul have 'cured' it. All quiet without LA now I expect, no coach parties of his multitudinous lady babies turning up in the hopes of a glimpse of him like they do with pop stars. Glad the puppets were good ๐Ÿ˜€ I had to make a papier mache puppet at school once, you always have high hopes your work will be fabulous don't you, mine was v disappointing ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜‚. You're quite right about the sleep thing no-one would say my habits were good I am often looking at one screen or the other til late and definitely past the cutoff they advise. I just sort of give myself a let-off for listening to things because I like stories at bedtime and some of the ambient/white noise things were good when I had the noisy neighbours but didn't want actual earplugs. But yes it would be better for me if I went to bed earlier (not patronising at all x) &c I am always going to start 'soon', there we are if I have bags under the eyes & dark circles I will only have myself to blame. I hope you & your Mum have made peace, as everyone says it's being anxious that makes people snappy but for some it's a bit more like water off a duck's back & some of us can't do that v easily. My friends phone call was ok thanks I admit that phoning people has been easier for me since covid because I know they can't ask to visit ๐Ÿ˜ณ I'm sure I'm not the only one. Nice Dr McCoy quote btw, how true 'Bones', how very true ๐Ÿ˜‚. Take care & have a good evening :) xx

Love to Barbara and Kitty ๐Ÿ˜˜ thinking of you both xx

• bosh
    Options

Thanks toady

Iโ€™ll just say good night for now

tc xx

ps pic is of old pic box I think but appropriate anyway ๐Ÿ˜€ xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone

Morning Joan are you and Sue (Or is it Suesday?) going to brave this wet and windy weather today and go out? If not you should still make the most of your quiet day without the carers. Lucy is fine now recovered ok and insisted on going back to the flat last night. Yes my head is full of worry which is why I think I need to read or something to put something else in my head instead๐Ÿ˜Š Take care both of you ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi. I am very glad you survived LA's visit and Rapunzel and the EF visit too. I hope you'll fully recover from it all over the weekend (along with your MTX ๐Ÿ™„).

Oh dear imagine Rapuzel's Grandmother being part vegetable! If anything will put children off eating their veg! She should have been part big mac!๐Ÿ˜ Bless him being slightly afraid of the 'Big children' and hiding behind Auntie Goddess Mima๐Ÿค— It's rather lovely that you make him feel safe. Children love that kind of fear with safe people of the scary witchy grandmother. Bless him.

That's exactly what caused your Mum's hypo not eating for too long - she knows that really it's nothing to do with you. At least she talked LA out of ice cream as well as vast quantities of chicken nuggets. They all love them you know there isn't much you can do. Often birthday parties are held at that venue and those food stuffs are very addictive for children. You Dad almost bought him a 20 box๐Ÿ˜ฏ 20?! an adult would struggle to eat 20!

I was going to say poor LA is bound to have some of his Dad's (BIL) genes in him and maybe eating is part of it, but if Grandad is also eating a bad saturated fat type meal too.....poor boy doesn't stand much chance does he? At least his Mummy. Auntie Mima and Grandmother have more sense when it comes to healthy food.

No point trying to advise your Dad you know he is a law unto himself.

I'm glad you went out and had a soya tea you did well not to give into temptation there. Respite from home and a chance to speak to someone else all very good. Hope your back has recovered? Tension can do that you know set your back off.

Thank you for asking Lucy is much better back to normal now and should be fine again for many months.

Morning Toady. It's wet and windy here not a nice day at all so far, but maybe it will improve who knows.

Oh go for garden ready pansies now and enjoy them there is so little colour going on you should add some. That's what I think anyway. I am very lucky with the agapanthus I have no idea why they are still flowering. If i can I'll take you some up to date pics and of the growing wall the verbena too still looks lovely well it did hope the wind hasn't trashed it completely. Well done to your clematis! Oh did you hear about Alan Titchmarsh's new book? A gardener's almanac. I am tempted.

Sleek knows about the doughnuts. She had one or two am I right because her belly looks rather rotund? Certainly living up to her name Mrs Sleekipuss - not!!! I don't like it when they show early. It's a bit cheeky really i think it happened with my last order from Ocado I was very shocked as they normally ring if they are early. I hope you managed to bring everything in ok with the platforms not in place?

Don't worry Lucy is ok again now and went back to the flat last night. She has maybe two or 3 a year now luckily, but has no warning which would really be useful. I only worry that she might be in an unsafe place when one happens. Luckily she was sat on her bed so all good.

Yes our Bosh is so right about tech before bed. Oddly enough last night I got 7 hours according to my fitbit so am thrilled with that. I will find some earphones and a gentle book to hear or podcast.๐Ÿ˜Š

I must send my love to Kitty and Barbara I do genuinely hope all is well with both of you and your families๐Ÿ’œ((())) xxx

Carol too if she pops in hope your family are now behaving๐Ÿคž

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) have a good weekend thinking about you. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) have a good weekend have you tried quorn sausageโ€™s.

Barbara (())) have a good weekend thinking about you (()) love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancรฉ (())

Toni (()) spraying lavender in your bedroom or on your pillow (()) thatโ€™s good Lucy did not hurt herself (())) love to your friend (()) and her wife (()) have a good weekend. love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good weekend donโ€™t worry love to your mum (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    edited 28. Oct 2022, 12:51
    Options

Hi toady ๐Ÿธ

how are you today? Yes that can be complicated if people want to visit I would be wondering what theyโ€™re expecting a drink and a snack ? A three course meal made my myself or by Tesco perhaps? Lol I suppose one factor is how well you know these people, would they be judging the cleanliness of the house? Maybe conducting a dust report to pass to other friends and acquaintances? Lol.

I had One friend a long time ago before Covid who turned out to be an enemy really because when I became mentally ill she wanted nothing more to do with me anyway this friend at the time or whatever sheโ€™s called once visited my house when my mum and I were there not dad be that wouldโ€™ve been another disaster lol, anyway she was so snobbish that she didnโ€™t even drink the coffee I made her because it was instant can you believe that? None of my family members are great coffee drinkers, so I almost said โ€œwell youโ€™re lucky we had some instant in the house thanks for your lack of hospitality give my love to the rest of the Darlek family when you beam upโ€ lol that terrible person was really ever so snobbish, she just thought no end of herself and kept going on and on about how her dad sent her to a private school (not a grammar which was only ok for โ€œpeople like meโ€) she couldโ€™ve gone to a better uni and so on ๐Ÿ’ค

who really cares now about what happened approaching 40 years ago now? Oh what a silly cyber woman best left in the past ๐Ÿค–๐Ÿ˜€

Iโ€™m not feeling too bad thanks tired but ok, do you like to bake savouries sometimes? Like savoury scones, pastries and so on? I havenโ€™t tried that so far, but unfortunately Iโ€™ve got the opposite prob to you, itโ€™s so easy for me to pile weight on lol.

Ok Iโ€™ll go for now, have a good afternoon xx

ps found pic in a random search about feminism or something like that, just how stupid were girls meant to be according to this author, lol? Bye xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni ๐ŸŒบ

How are you today?

To be honest my dad does not constantly eat pastries etc he has only started doing this recently so hopefully heโ€™ll stop soon and hopefully LA wonโ€™t have picked this up ๐Ÿคž

I didnโ€™t know that tension could affect the back thanks for that info๐Ÿ‘

its not completely okay the back but better than before thanks for asking

i bought a necklace online costume jewellery with a spooky fake purple gemstone in the middle, a kind of Halloween inspired purchase I guess, prob is the false jewel is a lot larger than I expected, so it may scare LA too much, lol, he also told me that the green -faced witch eats chips at MacDonalds sometimes, but only in the weekend, lol, maybe she comes from the spooky land they call Slough, where the pointy hatted ones have methotrexate hangovers Mon - Wed, that would explain it.

LAโ€™s eyes are fine btw ๐Ÿ‘

hows your back now?

hows your sleep?

Iโ€™ll stop there for now, bye and Tc. Xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

thanks for your nice message, Iโ€™m not feeling too bad today thanks and mums ok too, how are you and Sue? Bye Tc xx

• toady
    Options

Hello all :) any tea going? I did happen to see Sleek with a doughnut in each paw, frog, yes ๐Ÿฉ hope it didn't spoil her tea ๐Ÿ˜‚. The shopping was ok except you do look a bit mad chucking things in all directions as I was, on any handy surface ๐Ÿ˜‚ it's all very well them saying no hurry but I just want to get it over with. I'm sure they aren't really meant to call early but I don't mind if I'm ready & I usually am. It certainly was windy here today, not wet though, and the wind dropped just enough on & off to make it not actually horrible outside. Did a few bits & bobs, have taken on slightly too many odd projects at the moment when I should be finishing others, so I must focus as my head is a bit overloaded with ideas; but once I've made a couple of decisions it should slim the list down. Planted a few bulbs outdoors only little ones so I gave a dibber someone bought me its inaugural dibbing ๐Ÿ˜€ and the pot sorting is going down now once I depose a few more things. I will look at pansies again thanks and remember next year not to miss the boat, and sow some of my own. I hadn't noticed Alan Titchmarsh's new book, but I will give it a look - just as long as I don't have to read 'a story of love, betrayal and intrigue' ๐Ÿ˜‚. Glad to hear Lucy is allright and hopefully you in theory be able to worry a little less as she should be clear for a good while. Hope your friends are getting on as well as possible too xx not worrying about them is not a prospect is it ๐Ÿ˜” hope they & you are ok. xx

Hello joan, I don't get on well with any Quorn unfortunately, I used to but not now for some reason (quite a few people can't tolerate it apparently) I get on much better with any sort of soya based thing. I use a soya protein mince I recently found that is just plain & makes a good cottage pie type dish. I hardly buy or use any herbs spices garlic or anything like that people would think my food is very bland they seem to like much stronger flavours, maybe to do with the diet you were brought up on. Do you & Sue like spicy things? Have a good weekend :) xx

Hi bosh, thanks for last night's goodnight, hope things going ok with you this evening. I don't worry so much about people being critical if they visit it's probably more about me being self-critical, they might not care if the house is in a state & so am I, but I do ๐Ÿ˜‰ it's almost as bad if they want me to visit them, I just used to somewhat dread being asked because I often would not really feel well enough to go & I hate saying so. I try & not dwell on what I can & can't do & you can only really do that if you aren't made to confront reality haha. What a snotty person turning up their nose at your coffee ๐Ÿ™„ when you think of all the nice people who would be glad just to have someone ask them round. All you can say is it's pretty irrelevant what school someone's been to, it can't be up to much if you haven't been taught any manners. Maybe they came down a peg or two in later life. I don't bake anything pastry-like, no, I may have made a scone in the dim & distant but I haven't got the best hands for hand-mixing really and don't have a mixer because I probably wouldn't use it enough. I don't think I own a kitchen gadget to be honest ๐Ÿ˜‚ I'm very medieval not to say neanderthal in that line, spoons pots and pans is about my level ๐Ÿ˜‰. Your pic reminded me of lucky dips &c where you always got a suitable girly present. I did get a copy of Kidnapped once I suppose that was not too gender specific but they'd probably just bought things where it was all roughly suitable for anyone (makes sense, no running out of things if you got an imbalance of boys & girls). I never got a spooky pendant that's for sure but I did get a skull puzzle in a cracker once it was quite good you had to get it off a complicated string. I'm just rambling now, sorry ๐Ÿ˜„ have a good evening :) xx

Hello Barbara, how are you with spicy food etc? ๐Ÿค” as I was mentioning to Joan I hardly have any, half the trouble with vegetarian ready made food is they stuff it with herbs & garlic & peppers because heaven forbid it might be plain. Also did you ever get anything nice from a Santa's grotto? ๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿ˜‚ xx

Love to Kitty hope Sleek saved you a doughnut from my shopping ๐Ÿ˜€ or a mince pie if you don't mind starting early. Hope you're well xx

& love to all callers-in xx