Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,149
    edited 31. Oct 2022, 20:32
    Options

Hi all 😊 well it's not mysterious & spooky or altogether ooky out there right now, just miserable and wet 😕 feel quite sorry for anyone with plans even though it's not really my thing, well Hallowe'en spookiness is cool but not the 'going to things', especially not right now. Staying in is definitely my plan tonight and preferably with a slice of that cake frog, or one of bosh's amazing rose cupcakes (aren't they incredible!), sadly that is not to be but a nice pot of tea in that tea service will be lovely. I trust it wasn't raining on next door's OTT party & dampening the little dears' fun, that would have been awful 😉 hope it wasn't noisy for you. I had No Idea there had been jiggery pokery & moving of houses (I don't think?), gosh I'm not keen on that sort of business.. 😬 not knowing the circumstances but in general.. if you move a building to save it I guess ok but it's still not the same. Not to mention you may then have not had these neighbours so course of history &c. How sad to read of Paul's day up North, I can't imagine 😔 what a dilemma it is between having things that you then have to unravel so to speak, and having nothing, so very hard. I know the film you mean, one that people always say you must see, I never have though. Thinking of you all hope you are ok xx I have not been in the garden much today understandably except when there was a not bad bit this morning, I have cut a couple of things back & had a ponder about plans. I do use my notebook for writing down what seeds I bought & where which I find handy, most other things tend to get jotted on bits of paper. I have just bought some dwarf lupin and some osteospermum for a next year's summer container (writes in notebook) couldn't get the other thing I wanted at the right price. I have just made an ebay sale though so I might add to basket and have a think. Bessie Bott is marvellous, I do love names for things. Thank you passing on Barbara's greetings (I know she wouldn't want us oh-woeing but 😥 enough said), of course pass cafe greetings back to her whenever you next 'speak' 😘 well you will have already I expect. Love to all :) xx

Hello joan, it's very dark & wet & a bit grim, it went dark so early! well it will do now of course ⏲️. There probably won't be any fireworks tonight anyway which at least is better for pets. I can't swim at all 😳 I don't really like the water, it's one of the best arthritis exercises so that's unfortunate 🙄. Shame if the lady can't keep it up, also pools have suffered in the covid haven't they, one local one here already closed before that and people have to go further now. Hope you have a good evening :)

Hi bosh 👋 lovely spooky pics 🦇🎃 not very spooky though is it this evening, just gloomy. I have played the google hallowe'en doodle I was no good at it, I can do some computer games, but not that sort. Might find something else to do later or something suitable to watch/listen to. I haven't heard about the (dark-ish 😉) David Tennant thing, thanks! I will go & check it out 😀. I bet BR did make a v sweet little skeleton💀 😊 sports day would absolutely be more scary for me than spooks and ghosties 😱. Yes I hated school sports, I don't think I got any more teased over that than for anything else because lots of us hated it too, though there were some catty girls, & the teachers were strict, not in a v constructive way. That and the cold and yes the silly skirts. I always thought it would be much better if they let you do something you liked, you might have been more enthusiastic than over netball & hockey. My last school was a bit better I liked that more but it was only for a year. Were you at the same school all the time from really young &c? Sorry your Mum turned up for the appt before they told her it was off, that's awful when you have geared yourself up for something, & the waste of time too 🙄 hope they remake it for a convenient time. Have a good rest of evening hope not too stuffy &c, I can't decide what bedding is right for this whether I want more or less or just different 🤔 noting seems quite right. Shouldn't get any trick or treaters this weather anyway, not too bad round here usually anyway and perhaps some parents don't want their kids to do it as well. Sleep well 😴 November tomorrow, yikes 😬 xx

Love to all - if you hear any rattlings don't worry it's not spooks rattling their chains, it's me looking in the cake tins 🍰 xx

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,094
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

I thought you hadn’t replied yet but I was looking at the wrong page lol

No trick-or-treaters here yet either like you mentioned hopefully the bad weather has put them off 👍

I’ll reply properly later but glad you agree about muddy hockey fields and sports, I also had strict teachers, my dad was quite into sport at that time, glorious 😡, so he taught me tennis, or tried to, in the holidays in the local park an added punishment I really could’ve done without.

Now as for the pic, it’s a kind of pop culture reference I guess I know we all watch different things and we are of different ages but when I was young I used to watch Sabrina the teenage witch and her cat Salem was a fountain of wisdom and humour, well mainly humour to be honest, for me even though of course I’m not really a cat person sorry Toni

so a pic of Salem at his best or maybe it’s my dad? There’s a terrifying thought now I really will get nightmares, lol, good night and Tc xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options

Morning everyone😊

How I miss my 🧀

Morning Joan yes Barbara sounds in good spirits and wants to keep in touch, but those eyes 😓 I also tried to ring Kitty yesterday, but she didn't pick up then I missed her ringing back! I'll try again today. My back is as good as it gets at the moment so I'm coping . How about your pain? How are you at the moment? ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi how are you doing today? I hope not too bad and that you enjoyed your cheese.

Your poor Mum! That's terrible cancelling her appointment, but not letting her know😠 She will have got all worked up and stressed for nothing!

I can just imagine little BR in his skeleton outfit looking seriously cute bless him now LA was it football practise or does he just like his football kit? If it's the latter then I do not blame him one bit. Being an individual is good👍️

Gosh yes there are worse diets to cope with than going without chocolate although I like a tiny bit of vegan every now and then. I would struggle with diabetes like your Mum and gluten free must be very tough. I've tried the bread and it's pretty dry. I also expect your Mum has to be mindful of other things with the transplant too like salt maybe? She does very well.

Reading in bed hasn't been too bad thanks for asking I have extra pillows strategically placed and a little light. I have also ordered some lavender spray to try and a headphone headband which goes over your ears I think might be good for outside walking too.

Are you going to manage to get to group this week? I do hope so for you really but you never know RR might say something to entertain us too🤭Mind he might say something insensitive as well...🤔

I love the beautiful tea set with cup cakes so pretty.

I hope you have a good day.

Today is world vegan day!

By the way I LOVED Salem the cat. Lucy's Winnie looks a bit like him((()))

Morning Toady how are you doing today?

I totally agree I want to eat one of Bosh's cupcakes they are just so very very pretty.

No trick or treaters here either, hopefully they were all happy enough with the party next door hosted for them on Sunday🙄 Mind it was chucking it down. The Lord and Lady of the Manor (next door) did keep them inside most of the time and it wasn't too late but you should see the decs outside i mean sooooo OTT.

I know what jiggery pokery indeed bringing an entire house over here. Our village has no tudor houses really although it is pretty I am still not convinced it's original nor that it fits in. I had a look at google earthy thing and you can see our motorhome on it and also Dudley Juke! Easy to see how next door's plot is almost squeezed into our garden. Very odd, but it was originally Bessie Bott's small cottage so she wasn't given much land by the then owner of the 'Hall' which is actually on the other side of the road. Great history in this village yes in fact a few years back my scarecrow was a maid in honour of Bessie Bott.

Of course I have made sure Barbara knows we all care very much about her. She must feel so frustrated not being able to read our posts properly.

Well done making an ebay sale! You can think about the other item you want now. I am still waiting for my hedgehog house to arrive I expect the strikes are still delaying things it was due yesterday or the day before. I also failed to get outside, but did manage a cup of tea with Kari which was lovely😊

I know it's so tough for my dear friends I hope the caravan will be a bolt hole next year rather than a sad place for her to go. Thanks for your kind thoughts.

Bits of paper which I lose and my vague memory is what i am relying on regarding my garden planting ordering and results 😳

Ah well...

Sending love to Kitty Barbara and Carol ((())) xxx

and a warm welcome to anyone else who decides to pop in

• bosh
    Options

Hi everyone xx

wppl xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,940
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope you are getting on alright in your lovely bungalow. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) I hope you have a good day and you manage to get some of your jobs done. I’ve read where Tesco’s are buying a co-op store.

Barbara (()) have a good day thinking of you (()). Love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) How is your friend (()) and her wife doing (()) it’s been so worrying and hard for you it’s no wonder you can’t sleep. Right on top of Aidan (()) and P (()) Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) that’s bad of them not letting your mum know before she got there and she got up early has well has being worried (()) I hope next time it will be better worked out for her (()) have a good day

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

How are you and sue today?

thanks about my mum yes it was very unfair the way they treated her

family etc fine more or less fine thanks for asking I’m a bit tired but otherwise okay👍

bye for now tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

How are you Today?

“not spooky but ooky” I like that lol, weather was indeed ooky and icky yesterday, don’t really like the word “icky” though it’s a bit teenager - ish lol, “ooky” def sounds better 👍

about schools infant and primary schools were linked for me but after that I went to a girls grammar where I knew no one and there were many bullies, however deep in the mists of time lol, I went to a nice infants school where I made friends with a nice girl but then we had to move after v short space of time.

I see at least there were a lot of sports - dislikers, in my school everyone else seemed to be potential gold medalists, lol at least by my standards, yes hockey and netball bias often not good, I wouldn’t have minded just walking really though I may run once in a while, depending on if LA let’s me eat some of his McD’s French fries marinated in Lucozade lol.

im ok thanks toady just tired Im really hoping weather calms down as I’m attempting to go to the group tomorrow

no rowdy trick or treaters in the end I hope?

bye for now tc xx

• bosh
    Options

hi Toni 🌺

how are you today?

glad you liked the tea set et cetera picture

I’m trying to go to group tomorrow but depends on the weather and various things really today I’ve been so tired all day never mind of course they’re much worse problems👍

mum has to be reasonably careful with salt but she can have more than then she used to be able to do

happy world vegan day

there are amusing stories I could write down but I’m so tired to be honest with you Toni sorry about that

DV really erupted yesterday

i’m feeling a bit flu - ish but then I do sometimes

the spray sounds nice but I know I would be allergic to lavender its something that a lot of people are allergic to but good that it suits your own skin 👍

I’ll leave it there for now Toni bye and take care xx

ps pic of extra posh Turkish tea set I bought for you (don’t worry, it’s on bill 💷💷lol) Tc xx

• toady
    edited 1. Nov 2022, 19:38
    Options

'Lo all 😊 gosh isn't it dark and a very distinct nip in the air 😕 let's have a few suns and try a bit of mind over matter 🌞🌞🌞🌞

I got my packaging done early on because if you don't catch the best bit of daylight you've had it for seeing what you're doing, so that's done, but I can't say I've done much else. No Hallowe'en doings here or noise yesterday. Shame for people who will have rather soggy spider webs and so on as outside decorations, and a few soggy skeletons and spooks next door to you too frog by the sound of it (the money as well 😬 I dread to think, unless all homemade, I don't suppose!!). Yes v interesting how local planning comes about with odds & adjustments over the years, the friend I was speaking to the other night is in a relatively new house but to one side has something much older with a lovely drystone kind of wall - but which is crumbling, so, not so good. There is nothing but building going on here the second anything closes or is demolished it goes on the development list, it is I suppose the same all over. I'm glad to hear your friend will be keeping the caravan on, I had ideas of it having to go altogether, & having it as a bolt hole is a nicer thought of the two, if she can. Has been so horrible today have not set foot in the garden so just a bit of tidying & seed sorting again - I saw a money box today for your seed buying fund, sorry but a jamjar and a label and spend the money on seeds (not that cash comes into it these days!). Sorry your hedgehog house is not here yet, we can't do waiting can we, Toad in the Frog & Toad books sits gloomily on the porch waiting for the postman too 😂. I'm waiting for some paint & odds to get on with projects but I would not have felt like it today anyway. Yo World Vegan Day✌️and hurrah for the slow creep away from the crank label, even though you still get twits having a go it's much better. Have a good evening & hope you can catch Kitty the next time round either she to you or you to her. Glad you saw Kari too 😀 xx

Hello joan I had not heard about tesco but yes now I've looked it up there are news stories from all sorts of places.. and asda buying some.. no idea what will happen to my nearest branch, it's a long long way from the actual co-operative origins isn't it. Shame. Too dark to see to do much I have frittered the day away pretty much 😬. There are some jobs I seem to put off endlessly like sorting out some cardboard boxes for recycling, I have way too many now that I shop more online than in person, I don't know why I don't just get on with it 🤔. Have a good evening and hope there will be dry spells for dogwalking for you the next few days xx

Hi bosh, I first heard 'ooky' in the theme song for the Addams Family not that I watched it ever hardly, it is a good word I find it handy, definitely different to spooky the way I use it haha. I don't like icky either, or 'ick' as they also say, very American and yes teen type thing. I remember Salem 😀 & that was one answer to a Hallowe'en quiz I was doing last night online. The other funny thing was I was listening to a Doctor Who audiobook and Sarah Jane was pleased when they got back to Earth & she saw a Woolworths branch, the Doctor was not impressed that after all the marvellous things they'd seen what she was most excited about was Woolworths 😂. Hope it is nice enough for you to get to the group tomorrow🤞does your Mum have a new appointment date yet or is that something she isn't discussing at the moment. Sorry you had the 'keen sporty type' school situation, I would not have got on well with that 😔 not only am I no good I'm not a team player & don't like over-competitiveness (or is that because I'm not good.. maybe if you're brilliant at something the competitiveness gets into your blood). I didn't have the nerve to skip school or make excuses from sport either. Some cross-county walk type things would have been much better, as you say or a little run if you absolutely must 😉. I had it the other way round with schools, I was going to a grammar then we moved & I went to a not that brilliant comprehensive instead, but not awful (the next one was a grammar, and ugh). Shame you moved away too from friends at primary the only good thing about moving would be if it got you away from somewhere you didn't like, doesn't always work that way. Hope the tiredness picks up a bit for you, have a good evening & not too bad sleep &c :) xx

Thinking of Barbara 😘 and Kitty and anyone else absent atm xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

that’s funny about dr who and Woolworths lol

today was a pretty bad day for me to be honest supper- time rowing was even worse than normal HV situation I know I have a tendency to joke about things, but I find it really upsetting

also got some kind of horrible mouth sore or something not sure what to call it worse than an ulcer

did a lot of sleeping and resting today, but still not feeling too good

yes it’s interesting isn’t it, how much weather still affects us? Maybe we all just need a private Tardis each? I hear that Toni is paying, only joking lol.

yes new buildings popping up everywhere

i remember a new mosque was built locally fairly recently and some middle aged fanatical Christian men almost started a fight when protesting about it, I read about it, somewhat frightening really and they weren’t young men either, well at least police stopped actual violence from happening, but this is meant to be a “quiet area” well give or take the odd police helicopter of course lol

Thermostat wars are another issue in my house incidentally

competitiveness has its place I suppose though it’s not something I like either generally speaking, but it’s one of those qualities I think that some people revel in, whether or not it’s appropriate, i on the other hand am v much a live and let person like yourself👍

my mum said they’d send her another appointment 😡

I think I’ll leave it there toady getting a bit tired plus low battery another modern plague, I have a strange uncle type figure and he sent some kind of strange email to the family saying “glad you’re all ok in these times of coronary virus, please tell me BR’s opinion on (some news issue) “ and so on, he’d obviously got names confused and I can’t remember the rest now but it was so funny 😂, poor BR already being asked to write the editorial ✍️ Lol

He may be better off doing something less mundane like becoming a poet, he’s closely related to TS Elliot apparently haha

ok really will leave it there for now, bye toady have a good night xx

• frogmorton
    edited 2. Nov 2022, 07:02
    Options

Morning everyone who pops in 'old' or new😊

Morning Joan you are so right it feels like bad news is following me first Aidan then P and now my friend. She and her wife are doing ok. I am nipping over today while her wife takes the dogs for a haircut. I hope at least you and Sue are doing ok? ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi how are you today? I hope not too 😴 tired. I will have my fingers crossed that you can get to the group. That flu-ish feeling I get when my arthritis isn't quite under control. I hope you can rest.

I see DV/HV erupted yesterday that's not good at all and won't help your stress levels I am really sorry you are in the middle of this and wish I could help ((()))

That's good that your Mum is allowed some salt since the transplant.

Please do thank BIL for the gorgeous Turkish tea set it's exquisite and makes a real occasion out of having a cup of tea☕️

Thank you for asking I am doing ok today a bit tired, but you know the feeling and needing to be a bit careful with my neck. Oh and avoiding coronary virus😁

Oh don't worry I can pay for our Tardis flights🤭 I have the joint account debit card here. Just don't tell Paul🤫

Morning Toady how are you today? I am ok Ocado coming this morning and going to my friend's for an hour while her wife takes the dogs to the groomers later.

You're right all the decorations next door are shop bought you have got that right!! No expense spared by the gracious host.

I know! yesterday was definitely dark and bitter cold! Winter is coming 😕 Did I say Sleek's dusk till dawn cat flap wasn't opening because it is so dark here. I can leave it on 'open' instead for now.

It seems to be the same around here with constant building - so far not in this actual village although planning has been granted for 6 (or 8) new social houses to be built. Personally I am in favour as the 6 existing council houses are all now privately owned where are people to go if they can't afford the escalating house prices?

Still no sign of my hedgehog 🏡 Still sitting gloomily on my porch waiting for the postman😉

I am also glad my friends wife is keeping the caravan for now. Decisions should not be made quickly in such circumstances.The ground rent is paid for next year so she has plenty of time to see whether she can cope with being there with just the dogs.

You do still have twits having a go at vegans. Mad really most of us are just quietly getting on with it not judging them. I think the positive effects of us eating less meat on climate is helping. Sort of normalising it.

A jar with a label is quite adequate for seed collecting funds I agree. I am delabling old bottles and jars at the moment. What kind of glue do they use these days?🙄

Well have a good day and let's hope it is milder drier and less windy today.

A quick wave to our missing friends Kitty Barbara and Carol. ((())) xxx

This is for Mike1

vegan option is avocado and vegan cheese today...

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) how are you I hope everything is has well as can be. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) that’s good you got your packaging done. The days go so quick don’t they . Have a good day. We have a co-op near us it’s expensive we get our delivery from Sainsbury’s.

Barbara (()) how are you and your family I hope all is well. Love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) How is Lucy (()) sorry you are having bad nights you have so much on your mind (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Resshmi (()) I hope your mum (()) does not have to wait too long for her appointment. I hope you can get to your club tomorrow.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    edited 2. Nov 2022, 15:04
    Options

Hi everyone hope you’re all doing ok?

I’m feeling better today thanks and went to group

LA told me dinosaurs don’t eat Cheerios in the morning - my mistake professor A 😂

more later just need to perform some ritual ablutions before the bear of Reading verbally attacks lol - also known as Dad

mum is ok thanks

bye for now xx

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Hello all

Thankyou toni fir conveying my message..just to say all 7s well here apart from my eyes..plenty to be grateful for

Toni I an thinking if your friends life us si cruel 😢 hope Lucy is doing 8k in her flat and new job xx

Joan I'm glad Sue us going to meeting at least oreduabetuc and can be stopped in its tracks love to all if you xx

Reshmi I did read mum was worried about her results I hope all us OK abs fir you if course xx

Toady you dud walk a long way to your gp no wonder you were tired ..surgery on a Cockeral..😅 Still dint see mych if our bb mind you the magpies pinch the food 😶xx

Thank goodness for predictive text 😲well sometimes 😅

Love to Kitty xx

Love
    Barbara
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Barbara

so nice to hear from you, sorry about your eyes

my mum is ok now thanks for asking she said she’d spoken to nurse before or something like that and basically no prob with ecg 👍

im not too bad today thanks time of month for me atm unfortunately but otherwise not too bad 😊

hows mr B?

bye Tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

How are you doing today?

I’m v tired but ok thanks

time of month again unfortunately

went to the group today it was ok but massive traffic jam one way so didn’t spend much time there

got a sandwich etc from B**ts but ran into no celebrities, they were prob all in Maidenhead ordering chicken nuggets with LA lol

very ooky weather again how was your day?

Bye Tc xx

ps pic of coconut water, def worth trying in my opinion take care xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue today? Mums in a bit of a mood currently (I think she’s just tired) but I think usually they’re quite good about reasonably frequent appointments, thanks for asking 👍

hope you both had a good day bye Tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you feeling today? Sorry you weren’t feeling that good this morning

im feeling better than yesterday thanks for asking 👍

ive got the time of the month unfortunately

but it was nice to get out to town centre and group thanks

RR made not just an insensitive comment but also a cruel one this time, he told a “funny” true story about some famous artist with type 2 diabetes who was addicted to sugary biscuits and would often eat whole boxes of them and end up in diabetic comas, what made it worse is that a female friend of mine in the group has a young son with type 1 and so on and so forth, sorry bit tired, not elaborating, so I said “I’m sorry, but I don’t think there’s anything funny about that”, that quietened him down, quite sick sense of humour though.

sorry about your neck

i ate small portion of dark choc today 👍

LA has dinosaur dressing gown, he wears it with hood on when eating Cheerios so I got confused lol, “ he said I’m not a real Dino 🦖 it’s just a dressing gown, dinosaurs are extinct auntie goddess mima, you should know that! “ oh dear, not like I went to school or anything I’m just the village pumpkin 🎃 lol

hope you have a good night Toni bye Tc xx

ps I know Halloween has gone but toady needs somewhere to sleep tonight lol. Tc xx

• toady
    edited 2. Nov 2022, 22:54
    Options

Hello all 😊 a late evening post from me as I have been online quite a lot today, some of it with valid reason some not so much.. like beating a certain level of a certain ping-pong game that's been annoying me.. well it's been raining & miserable, not exactly housework weather. I think I might break out the big guns tonight, ie my new hot water bottle 😂. Looks a bit nicer tomorrow I can go out & inspect what's going on in the garden & hopefully nothing too battered by the rain. Hope it wasn't too heavy where you are frog, though I don't see it can have been much better 🙄. I don't suppose Sleek was much bothered if her catflap was open or not today! I am on the brink of buying the cold frame, I think (unless I change my mind again) the one I was looking at went up a few pounds so I have done a swerve and may pick up an even cheaper as chips one, based on the fact it's constructed in a way I could replace bits if needs be (some have panels made with a mitre join, this type would be easier). Anyway at even higher prices the reviews are much the same & I'm not going up to super craftsman price tag at the moment I'd rather do a bit of trial & erroring first. Any post for you today by later delivery? otherwise your hedgehog will be muttering about the lack of affordable housing & may move away 😉 you don't want to put it up only to find a townie hedgehog wants it for a 2nd home. Seriously don't know what the answer to the housing shortage as it's not like it's a finite problem 😔 but I'm sure there are better approaches than the piecemeal way most councils go about it (yes you local authority, selling off greenbelt land & shoehorning an HMO into grade II listed buildings &c &c). Actually though it's surprising how many local people here are on the side of development, not as interested parties even, I hear about such & such being demolished and think what a shame but often the comments are good, it's an eyesore, etc - hey ho. Hope your Ocado was all fine 😀 I had an Amazon delivery this evening I felt bad for him out in this filthy weather bringing nothing important. Have a good evening and a decent night's sleep🤞xx

Hello joan, yes quite a few people including Reshmi have said lately that the co-op is pricey, yet I always thought of Sainsbury's as a bit posher &c, now they seem to have become much more competitive with the others. I might shop around more when my tesco delivery plan for the year is up as they aren't renewing them in the same way so it's less of an incentive to stick with them. Have a good day tomorrow, it might be nicer than this fingers crossed! xx

Hi bosh, ooh a lovely pumpkin for me to hang upside down in, ideal 😀 any minute now I should be hibernating til next May (if only!) Failing that the Tardis would be great I could go off somewhere warm, or at least to 'Woollies'. Absolutely chucking it down here today glad you didn't get washed away in the traffic & made it to the group (even if 'someone' was being a silly idiot when you got there 🙄 jolly well done you for saying you didn't think the "funny" story was funny, yes definitely quote marks required, amazes me what odd senses of humour people have but there we are you only have to look at some of our top sellout comedians, ugh). Hope some bits of it were more worth going for and a change from HV anyway, I am really so sorry you have atmospheres to deal with, it would upset the best of us and being jokey just means well good for you keeping a sense of humour 👍️. What a funny email indeed about BR's sudden promotion to copywriter on the important issues of the day 😂 yes quite fitting that he would carry on the literary line. I was dipping into a poetry book of my dad's today by John Drinkwater, quite a lot of nice bits about birds - 'Those hours are best when suddenly / The voices of the world are still, And in that quiet place is heard / The voice of one small singing bird, Alone within his quiet tree'. 🐦️ Talking of poetry one of the questions last night in this quiz I've been doing was about the Odyssey and The Iliad, were they by a) Homer b) Marge or c) Bart 😂 there were a few that said b & c lol. Funny about LA and the dinosaurs, if he had been a real Dino forget the cereal he would probably eat everyone for breakfast auntie or not (then it would be 'cheerio' & no mistake 😬). Glad your Mum's ecg results are ok :) btw sorry about the mouth ulcers I have had them I did wonder if mine have been a bit better for taking some more vitamins lately, I know whenever you look these things up you get slightly different answers but maybe your anaemia might not be helping? 🤔. Have a good night :) xx

Waves madly at Barbara 👋 😘 xx

And love to Kitty 😊 xx

and a good night to all xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning Joan I had my dinner with Lucy last night. She was fine thanks I helped her change her bed - so much easier with two isn't it? Then we watched some Anne with and E (Anne of Green Gables) on Netflix. 😊 How are you two doing? ((())) xxx

Morning to you Reshmi how are you today I hope you aren't feeling too rough. Typical it seems like the time of the moth comes round far too quickly doesn't it? Hope you aren't having too bad a time. I also hope you can manage your walk today I will go for mine in a minute in the hope I might see some deer.

I am feeling quite a bit better today and am waiting excitedly for my new headphones to arrive which should be today them I can try my audiobook. Today is a good day to try them as Paul is away in Bournemouth and won't hear a thing.

I adore the teapots you are posting at the moment they are just so gorgeous.

Well done getting to the group. I see RR was off again spouting his nonsense inappropriately.

🙄

Well done you shutting him down before he affected that lady with the child with type 1 diabetes too much

👏

Nothing funny about diabetes at all as your Mum and that lady's little boy prove. Some people.

Aha! So LA is a small boy in a dinosaur dressing gown! I can imagine it. Real Dinos are extinct! Well Auntie Goddess Mima you know that now

🤭

Bless him.

Take care and watch out for the bear of Reading!

Toady I think you were right Sleek spent most of the day asleep on my bed and I do not blame her one bit! It was a nasty day the wind! On my way home down the lane we had to swerve around trees in the road! the flooding too. Incredible.

My order arrived safely everything present and correct although some extra items possibly ordered by Sleek herself such as cat treats and a tin of sardines🤔 poor Amazon man. They do seem to work hard don't they? I hope they are paid well. My headphones are set to arrive today as well as some other bits for wreath making etc (and to clutter up the place probably) I have waited a bit for them so that they all arrive together - save on my carbon footprint where I can.

Oh yes get your cold frame if you can especially if you know you can maintain it😊happy days! you'll love it I will be a tad covetous, but will cope. No sign of my hedgehog house so I have sent a message to the seller. I can tell he is genuine as he has already emailed me some lovely information about 🦔 but still it was due on 28th of October.

The only problem with the social housing here is it is I think on greenbelt land. What I would like it brown land used more and buildings long empty resurrected though there are neither of those in our tiny village sadly. So greenbelt land it may have to be. The only problem is we have not got much to offer people without transport - no bus service in the village and no shop/pub. I know what you mean about HMO in fact Lucy's flat is in the old psychiatric hospital here.

Here's hoping for a better day I think I am here today so maybe I will get outside.

Morning Barbara how lovely it was to see you here yesterday! I can see those eyes are still causing you lots of trouble. It's so unfair that it's one of the few eye conditions they can't treat unlike cataracts 😒

I hope the family are all well? Mr B and all the girls. Your brother too i worry about him. Thank you for asking about my friend she is still there holding her own for now.

Lucy loves the job and seems really settled at the flat. I was there last night and ate with her watched something on the TV had a cuppa etc.

You take care ((())) xxxx

Welcome to all New visitors to the café everyone is welcome here.

Sending love to Kitty and Carol. Will try Kitty again today ((())) xxx

scrambled egg breakfast bap (vegan option available too)

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) How are you got your puss. Have a good day and take care. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) Our neighbour tries to buy a shoulder of lamb the manager in the co-op says we don’t sell that no body around here would buy it. I read last night we will have snow in a few weeks. Have a good day

Barbara (()) Thank you for coming on to let us know you are all alright (()) love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) I hope your headphones come today (()) sorry you have a sore neck I hope it soon calms down (()) That’s good Lucy is happy (()) Love to Your friend (()) and her wife (()) and Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) that’s good you went to your club I hope it helps you it’s someone different to talk to about your problems (()) that’s good your mums (()) ecg was ok have a good day

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi everyone hope you’re all doing ok today? Xx

wppl xx

ps more coconut water the real stuff doesn’t originate from a posh lemonade- glass sorry my Lord A lol xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

how are you today?

You have a point about vitamins thanks- problem is though I try to clear what meds or supplements I can take with the GP because I know if meds etc conflict it can be really nasty, I may I ask actually ask my mum about to start with she has more common sense than I possess but thanks for suggesting it ( I know of course everyone is different and not everyone “clears” things, that’s just how I generally tend to do things though) thanks 👍

(also certain tablets can be heavy on the stomach potentially)

LA mutating into actual T - Rex, now that’s terrifying lol, I’d like to lose a bit of weight ideally not disappear entirely into my nephew - the - Dino’s stomach 😂

I’m still pretty tired to be honest so I’ll leave it there for now, hope your days going ok so far? bye Tc Xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you today? I was actually feeling pretty rough to be honest no walk massive struggle just doing normal morning routine things, had a v energy -giving iron - rich lunch (not remotely vegan 🌱so I won’t go into details and offend) my mum helped me too bless her

glad you’re feeling quite a bit better, did you see any deer?

Hope the headphones are good

youre welcome about the pics 😀

ive been struggling with portable heater settings, I know how to use it, it’s just there’s only 3 settings,

level 1 “might as well keep on your Woollies/ W**lworths)

level 2 “where are we residing again? Abu Dhabi?”

level 3 “the Vesuvius is v much here and I don’t mean metaphorically 🥵”

Of course I’m joking around a bit here but basically it’s an old heater and impossible to really get temp right, though of course better than freezing

ok I’ll go for now

all is ok with family and EF thanks

bye for now Toni glad you saw L btw 👍👍

tc xx

ps pic of bill’s dining room lol xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

I think I’ve lost your message but that’s prob my fault lol, I think I more or less remember it tho, yes def nice to talk to people outside family mums ok thanks

how are you and Sue? I’m tired but ok thanks, bye Tc xx