how are you both doing today?

I am better now thanks

my headache has gone 👍

mum is ok now thanks but this morning her b sugar was a little bit low

I hope you both have a good afternoon

bye tc xx

• Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,138

Just heard from my sister, carers found mum on floor again in room. She’s been told so many times to ring for help and not to try walking on her own but it just doesn’t go in, and when I ask her why she doesn’t call I get, “Oh I don’t like to bother anyone!” Drives me nutts!!!!! Paying all that money each month for top care and she won’t press the button for help.

• Skinny Keef

Wish my headache would go. One day short of a whole week now. Making me very grumpy. Trying to concentrate on doing other stuff but not easy.

• Skinny Keef

Is the Fig back Toni??

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,713

Hi again Toni

sorry I got quite tired and that’s why I didn’t post again sooner

that’s great about K, glad she’s lost so much weight, is she exercising too?

my parents have gone to look after LA and BR as my sis has a “work do” or something like that, bill is of course accompanying her, for free shrimp porridge or whatever, just to give the poor Kangaroo driver a break, lol.

I watched some partial rubbish on Vegan Cheese Stix / N Flix, whatever you choose to call it lol, had a hot shower for the minor aches etc and slept for longer than I expected haha, but it was still so relaxing just not to be in the way of the lava flow.

How was your Saturday?

bye for now Toni good night tc xx

ps I know it’s not morning- but I found a pic of you - though on reflection it’s more like toady haha xx

• bosh

Hi Keef

Sorry about your headache and your mum, sounds like a difficult situation, I live with my parents and my dad can be extremely stubborn, once he had an emergency operation to fix his detached retina, it could’ve been sorted out long before, but no one could persuade him to go to the optician.

I hope you have a good or tolerable night, take care x

• bosh

Hi toady

how are you today?

dilithium crystals- I think I’ll just stick to talking about normal lithium but not in excess lol

I must admit I’ve been having a few R Brek days to comfort myself but don’t worry I’m not r brekking around the universe currently

im so glad my dosage has been sorted out, I’m feeling much more secure within myself, less worried about other people’s approval, that kind of thing

I hope you have a good night, sorry this is short, bye toady tc xx

ps Spock’s bedtime reading- unfortunately bill has chosen the “literature” lol.

• Skinny Keef

Morgenmuffel. Definitely me. Although grumpy all day too on a regular basis. Depending on the in take of tram.

Nite all. xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,364
    edited 16. Sep 2023, 22:30

Hi all 👋

I knew I didn't like today from the minute all the postman brought me was a mailshot from ageuk, something about cremations, and a reel of cotton I ordered to hem curtains with. It's not what Kim K is getting in the post, is it, I'm doing something wrong 😕.

Anyway after a day of irritations and personal failures & mess-ups, none important but tiring, & demoralizing to someone of one's ego 😉, will take the rare path of keeping all that to myself and wipe the slate tomorrow. I'm sure I'll be way cheerier after several inches of rain 🙄. Can I have Sleek tomorrow pleeease frog, I need reinforcements, if she's not busy of course flower arranging or looking for church mice. If you are cat feeding and going to see a cat water baby then that seems fair, and your garden's already tidy. Sorry one of your girls is poorly & all the best & a hug to her, & you. Have a good Sunday and will see you tomorrow :) xx

Hello joan, I haven't found much in the loft so far but yes I've probably put things up there myself I've forgotten, which I suppose means I don't want them & wouldn't miss them 🤔 other people seem to find things that were in houses when they bought them, but nothing like that here I'm afraid the house isn't old enough and it's all my own stuff worse luck 😕. Haven't sold anything today but bought something for £1.99 😄. Yes it will be rain until goodness knows when now, ugh. Have a good Sunday both :) xx

Hi bosh, I lol'd at shrimp porridge thank you I needed a laugh 😄 I have a bone to pick with kangaroo drivers, one called over the road yesterday and then used my drive to turn round in - with me actually sitting there in full view doing some weeding 😠 what a cheek, reverse into the person's you've just been delivering to, if you don't mind. You have no idea how closely I resemble that cross cat in the pic today, its expression, and especially the fur, after I've been up the loft in the dust running my hands through it distractedly 😂. So glad you are feeling better and more confident in yourself, that's brilliant 👍️😊 and glad you had a bit of nice quiet time today. Hope your mum's bs is ok tomorrow, and see you then. Have a good night :) xx

Sorry about the worry with your mum keef, mine was the same, I will be too I'm sure if & when 😕 . Does she spend more time in her room than in any other communal area etc is that why this is more of a repeat happening. Hope she's ok no harm done, horrid to get 'those' phone calls though I remember it well. Hope your head clears surely a week is ample🤞 give keef an even break, universe. 'night xx

Love to all, hope @Jewels1973 is ok as she hasn't been online lately 😔 xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,793

Morning Everyone

Look who is home!

Minus the alarm yes Keith thank goodness. Yes Cobra were good in the day but I am so glad it's gone now.

The talking really worked at the end if the song I thought it was great. I really enjoyed it. I am very impressed indeed and really appreciated the effort to made to make it accessible to us all.

Hi Joan

How are you today?

As you can see Penelope is safely home 🏡 the new tablet is going well. It does help and is much better now I can put it in squash! I'm just glad Wilko is saved😊 have a good Sunday xxx((()))

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,793
    edited 17. Sep 2023, 05:46

Morning again just fed Lucy's cats for her so back now!

Morning Reshmi

I am glad you and your Mum were both well yesterday hope today is the same. I am feeling pretty good today too thanks 😊

Love Spock trying to get his head around Twilight!!!!

I am Morgenmuffel too, but unfortunately do wake up early 🙄 My hair is quite a bit like that too come to think about it😁

I hope you made the most of a quiet night in by yourself? Bliss😊Hopefully your parenst will have some funny tales to tell when they get/got home.

Your sister hopefully had a good evening and maybe BIL didn't show her up eating to much

There that should keep him quiet for a bit. Hopefully no-one too important to your sister's career saw?

Kari is exercising too yes. Walking I am walking with her 3 days a week she can already see an improvement with her breathing too so she is very pleased with herself.

I hope your day today is a good one take care ((()))

Morning Toady how are you doing today?

Hahaha! Blooming mailshots! I get them too here quite a bit it being a small village....funeral plans and for the new 'complex' being built near Tia's. Bless 'em!

Whatever yesterday brought is past and today will be a good day for us all. Unfortunately I missed the cat swimming they were early. But did meet him in his basket ready to go home with his Mum and Dad. He has a bad knee and is a Maine coon?

Sleek is ready and waiting she says you will both have the morning to garden she has her secateurs ready, her gardening gloves and her trug. For some reason she carts one around here too. Maybe it's just a convenient bed?

Have a lovely day I hope take care.

Oh Keef😕

I am sorry about your Mum having a fall. Yes homes are just not cheap and the staff are there to help everyone. She is silly not to ask for help.

Tell her one day she might break her hip or something so she needs to be careful.

I am a very happy Car owner today to have my Figgy 🏡 I gave her a clean with some help and she is all shiny now as she should be after her respray. We are going to the bodywork people tomorrow morning to get a couple of minor things looked at including adding scuff caps under the door handles. That's so my nails and the keys don't scratch the new paintwork. It will only take an hour or so so I will wait for her. Mor chrome! What's not to like?!!😉

How's your head? Have you being taking paracetamol for it? If I take paracetamol for more than 3/4 days on the trot I get a bad head. Just a thought.

Hope you enjoy today with Anda and Sucré😊

Take care ((()))

• Skinny Keef

morning all. Headache almost gone thankfully. Being extremely careful to move slowly so as not to crack neck and flare it up again.

Photos of the chrome trim/scuff guards please Toni. Thanks for the kind comments regarding the Chimp 😁

maybe the universe listened Toady as head easing thanks 👍

Morning Reshmi hope you all good.

hey Dachshund how you doing hope you having a good weekend.

saturdays always means R2 and Dermot for us, normally on catch up Saturday night as we go off to sleep. I make it to the mystery voice then I’m gone hopefully.

anyone I’ve forgotten, hope not.

does Jewels still pop in???

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,095

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) love to you and your family (())

Toady (()) That’s wrong turning in your drive when you are sat there. Did you find spider’s in your loft. Have a good day (())

Barbara (()) love to you and Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) that’s good you can take your tablet with squash. Sorry you missed puss having a swim. Have a good day (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Keef (()) I’m sorry your mum had a fall don’t the staff check on her (()) have a good day with less pain (()) love to Sucr’e (()) and Loanda (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day you are doing well love to your mum (())

Julie (()) have a good day

take care
    joan xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154

Hello everyone,Guess who ? sorry Ive been absent for so long hoe you all are as well as can be.Going to have a read through and see what you have all been up to if I can find my way around the site. Mig

d

• bosh

Good afternoon everyone

wppl xx

• Skinny Keef

Hi Reshmi, how you today?

• toady

Hi all, hope your Sundays are going well 😊

Thank you for Sleek frog, she has been very busy with her trug and being at cat's eye level has found me some interesting things in the garden, and told me about anything that I've missed. Little Vi is flowering 😊 if she makes seeds again I must try and get them to germinate this time. I have honesty seeds by the score, how is yours/P's? I have had a handful or two of cherry toms btw and there will be some more runner beans in a minute. Meanwhile instead of playing gardens nicely with Sleek I've been trying to dismantle an old wardrobe to get it down the stairs 😬 kick it down the stairs is getting more & more like it, very frustrating - and seem to have made no space in its old room, which is demoralizing too (that seems to be my word of the week 🙄). Sorry you missed the Maine Coon's swim but I'm glad you did see him, not every day you get to see one don't think I ever have 🤔. Lovely aren't they 😍. Glad to see Penelope back home and hope she will like her new shiny additions. Love to all :) xx

Hello joan, I've been lucky and never seen anything too awful in the loft, just as well as there is nowhere to run in an attic and the ladder is not ideal for a quick exit 😬. I sweep the webs down now & again with a very very long handled duster and I tell myself that attic spiders are a species all of their own, very unscary little ones🤞. The rain hasn't come on as badly as they said which is something. Have a good new week :) xx

Glad the headache has pushed off to a decent degree keef, keep up the good work 👍️ yes mind the neck and have a good night xx

Hi to bosh and will see you later I daresay, hope your day is ok 👋 :) xx

Hello @mig nice to see you 😊 hope you're as well as possible & family ok too. No news worth catching up with of mine, it boils down to gardening, mumbling about my neighbours & neighbourhood, and various things I do on ebay mainly trying to make some elbow room 🏡. Kettle on & will be glad to hear your news when you next call in ☕️ have a good evening :) x

Love to all 😘 xx

• Skinny Keef

Wife and son gone off to work. Was really upset when they left this week. Sucré actually wiped away a couple of my tears and said don’t worry daddy we going to park with nannie which made me worse.

he has been a handful lately but today he has been his old self, extremely well behaved and very cuddly, which obviously makes it worse when they leave.

i never really liked sundays. As a kid they were boring coz everywhere was shut and it was skool the next day and I hated school.

And I haven’t got on any better with Sunday as an adult. Especially now.

• bosh

Hi Toni

how are you today?

nice weather - for me anyway

I know you like early mornings, on reflection the pic was more of a feline toady lol

Mum is ok today thanks

I'm a bit tired but ok thanks

2 jumpers and a coat for me on morning walk, that was good 👍

LA got in a mood because my mum offered his brother the jelly babies first, but BR was the peacemaker yesterday, as he normally is and tried to give LA his own sweets and pieces of fruit, saying, “ LA please take one”, bless him.

im glad you’re feeling good today

i didn’t do much in my solitude yesterday, but just being alone in the house without the shouting etc was enough to make me happy

Thanks for bills light snack there lol, not sure what transpired at the “do” but my mum of course enjoyed seeing the littleys, they got back late last night

That’s great about K.

I walked in the early- ish morning, didn’t really do much else, wrote an Ace poem but not for any group, more a fairly private poem, but I enjoyed writing it.

have a good evening Toni tc xx

ps a temple in Philae, Egypt xx

• Skinny Keef

Hi Mig, I haven’t been around here long, I’m still the new boy.

how are you doing?

• bosh

Hi Joan

how are you both doing today?

im not too bad thanks

mum is ok too today thanks

i hope you both have a nice night bye tc xx

• bosh

Hi Keef

how are you?

im not too bad thanks

sorry you had a bad day, I don’t really enjoy Sundays either

I hope you feel better tomorrow

good night take care x

• bosh

Hi toady

how are you today?

mum and I are ok today thanks

LA went to Lorenzo’s birthday party, where he had so much sugary cake and wine - soaked tiramisu- ok I made the tiramisu bit up lol - that he wouldn’t stop leaping around in the soft play area and his mummy had to physically carry him out of there, then he compulsively circled the table, the desire of the moth for the star / tablecloth / tic t*cs / birthday cake debris - something like that anyway - oh dear.

Well I’m kind of messaged out for now unfortunately,

I hope you have a good night toady tc xx

• Skinny Keef

Hey Toady, how’s the quiz winnings coming along??

Thanks for that post Reshmi 😁

Off to bed now, looking forward to a guitar day tomorrow if pain levels allow.

good night all xx

• toady
    edited 17. Sep 2023, 21:31

Just a quick night all - there is something of the partygoing littley about me tonight too, sadly without any of the actual excitement and cake, just the overtired afterwards bit 🙄 funny story though bosh 😂 I can picture the scene all too well from your description. And a very good moth analogy, I like 👍️. One mini mafia party over & done with must be a good thing I guess for all mothers concerned! Quiet day here, absolutely nothing happening in nosegay, at this rate I will be sitting in my 'shop' like Miss Havisham waiting for a customer and the speckledy spiders will be weaving their webs over me, there's no getting away from them it seems 😱. Have a good night, see you soon :) xx

'night to keef and sorry about the downer of a day, sort of a Catch 22 when Sucre being well behaved is tough on you 😕 . Hope you have an ok night and the rest over the next couple of days will at least be helpful. Hated school 🙄 still remember how the last bit of Sunday night tv was the only thing between you & Monday morning so you didn't want it to be over 😬. Left at 16 and was so glad to be out of it. Do you know the 'Molesworth' books, Down With Skool &c, caricatures of prep school life - you reminded me of them & I've just been down a rabbit hole reading an article about a book called Sad Little Men: Private Schools and the Ruin of England which quotes the books throughout apparently. Anyway the next google from that brought me up a toad reference would you believe - a book also illustrated by Ronald Searle about imaginary old remedies. Never seen this before. Poor toad!

'night to all xx