Mums ok 👍

My stomach isn’t too bad right now thanks

That’s terrible that a man steals alcohol from the chemist

Have a nice night bye tc xx

Ps cinnamon iced coffee or something like that lol xx

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,714

thanks toady

LA told poor BR that mima has been replaced but from his expression I think he meant regenerated!
    poor BR he desperately reiterated “ WHERE’S mima?”
    sorry his caps, not mine lol

But after I’d had maybe 30 seconds’ sleep, ok you know this is poetic licence haha, I reassured BR that I’m very much still present in my original form.

By the way be careful when you consume your cinnamon porridge tonight as the milkman may have add a stomach - unfriendly amount of bran flakes, my fault I told him it was the “enriching hour”.

Good night toady SK c and s tc xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,364
    edited 30. May 2024, 21:32

Enriching hour bosh 😂 ooh yes maybe not 😬 especially not in combination with the sort of bananas I have in the house at the moment they are a bit borderline will probably be turning to alcohol any day now 😱. They will have to be baked with for their own good, and mine. I missed white witch tea biscuits earlier, brilliant, I love that 😀👍️. Well I'm glad to hear you have neither been replaced nor have you regenerated, and especially that poor little BR was consoled before too long. Talking of regenerations I watched ep 4 of The Doctor, well not much Doctor in it as it happens, and I'm in no danger of giving any spoilers for that as I could make head nor tail 😄 I've even read reviews with spoilers and no-one else has much idea either as far as I can tell. I do sometimes think production people think 'that sounds like a good plot, how do we make it work? well it doesn't really, oh well never mind'. Have a good night :) xx

Maincrop potatoes @Charlestown well um potatoes you grow as your main crop (toady doesn't really know) 😂 no seriously just ones grown to be large rather than new potato types etc, so ones you intend for mashing baking roasting etc. That's my understanding anyway 👍️. I love your mouse run, ideal 😊. I'm afraid Clarkson and I are not friends so how about Old Macdonald instead 😄. Gosh no me & a tractor I don't think so 😂 nice idea I've always fancied being up higher than other drivers like that but not happening. Keep the weather nice for us haven't dared look myself 🤞 xx

What potatoes is your husband growing @sandeelilly 😊 it's the year of the spud in the cafe, I've never grown any before, yes it's been fun having a go - usually tomatoes beans etc for me. Have a good night 😴 xx

Glad things are on an even keel SK 👍️ and yes beautiful flowers they're still a gorgeous pink, nice and old-fashioned looking, sorry if they aren't what Loanda was after. Have a good night :) xx

Love to all & anyone not in today 😘 xx

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,138

good night everyone, still in my leathers lol

Hoping not to be brewing up at 3am.

• sandeelilly
    sandeelilly Member Posts: 77

@toady not sure of the name but the late crop, he planted the early ones last year and they were a disaster! he got strawberries, tomatoes and lettuce he got a small garden but loves growing them.

@Charlestown I am sick of this weather it 5.40 am I'm on train and it is FREEZING and everything hurts lol

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,793
    edited 31. May 2024, 05:47

I know it's not quite the weekend but nearly Charlestown made me think of it being nearly here☺️

Morning Joan I am still very much thinking of you. A man came to the foodbank on Weds with some things of his wife's she had only died in April. Bless him and I of course I thought of you sorry if I am reminding you.

The arm doesn't really seem any better at all, but I am doing the exercises religiously for fingers crossed.

Did you watch Coronation street?! Wo!!!! Me and Paul never liked him.

Take care Joan ((())) xxx

Morning Charlestown

I love my bike I have raised the handlebar high so there's no pressure on my hand/arm it's great fun especially going with Kari just like when we were kids.

I do think that picture is a really helpful one I just di not have the words to clearly describe how to pinch out your tomatoes!

Plant sale here today for me at the Church tomorrow maybe catch up with Lucy too over the weekend. Hope yours is a good one! ((()))

Morning Reshmi

I am glad to hear your back has eased a bit and hope you and your Mum can recover from the visit by the tiny tornado.

Sounds as though he has got to the age where he is challenging all adulks a lot of the time. As you said mostly just mischief and quite funny, but it is tiring. I bet you are both glad you could give your sister a much needed break.

Love the voice yoga🧘‍♂️ I know why LA loves you. I get it now! It's because you can be as silly (as much fun really) as a child. He will adore that. Of course with the ability to stop anything really silly or dangerous, but still a great fun Auntie. ☺️

The kitchen sounds rather stylish that colour Reshmi I hope your Mum loves it. You will love your own private biscuit cupboard if you raise enough money from your ice-cube channel. I prunes!!! I love it!!!!

You absolutely cannot be the family disappointment (although I loved the Spock pic) I think you are a real asset to them. Just ask LA or BR or your sister. Even BIL who gets to stay at home watching N-f**x and eating…..

Take care Reshmi and have a restful weekend ((())) xxx

Morning Skinny Keef how are you this sunny day?

I hope not too bad and that your bike ninja suit is even more stretchy today. Shame they don't come pre-stretched, but of course that wouldn't really work would it as we are all different shapes and sizes….

Please tell Loanda that i adore her peonies!! They are beautiful and exactly the colour i wanted. I got a very pale pink and a sort of manky cream and almost brown - yuk. I will grow to love them I'm sure.

I am so glad Sucré is going to try hard to be good, but as your own Mum (and Reshmi!) will no doubt attest it is not easy for little boys to be good all the time. You have your bunker and a lovely wife to give you respite.

Have a good day ((()))

Morning Sandeelily

How are you today? I hope all is well with you and that you ahve reached your destination.

That was an early start ((()))

Morning Toady

Your smilies show here as normal though - so mine when they are small? There's one in my post to Bosh just after the word Auntie.

Sleek said you had a lovelly picnic. Did you notice her limp? I have booked her in for her arthritis jabs my poor little girl. She complains a lot less about that than I do about my arm bless her😔 I might ask for a jab in my shoulder while they are at it!

Your VoIP phone is on it's way is it?! Wow. I hope you will tell me it's really easy and I should get one straight away. I am honestly just worried as our internet like yours can be dodgy at times……

Coos

and yesterday's deer

I think I was spotted don't you?!

Ah ok I'll stop polishing the family silver🤣 That's what was doing it and the housework! So glad my hair will be washed for me at least today. There's a s****r in the bath😲and no husband to remove it! I mean what am I paying him for? Well seriously he has been away since Tuesday but he's back later. He's been working in Cornwall.

There used to be a lovely member on the forum called @tillytop her husband I think built her a raised bed so she could plant her carrots low enough down so they were safe from low flying carrot fly.

Fingers crossed for your beans that the collars do their job🤞

Plant sale here in the village tomorrow. See you there?

Take care

• sandeelilly
    sandeelilly Member Posts: 77

@frogmorton I did thank you it was for work, do not like using trains when they are cattle transport! I am okay today thank you for asking, I am so jealous of where you live I was brought up in Ireland and miss the green and the animals, maybe once I have to give up work I will move back I get really homesick, especially on bad days.

Enjoy the plant sale tomorrow xxx

@Skinny Keef @Charlestown @toady@dachshund @bosh How are you all keeping, any plans for the weekend?

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,095

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) we have the sun today. Have you got a new neighbour. Have a good day. The only post that comes here is voting for different candidates.

Toni (()) thank you for thinking about me it’s strange that all Sue’s things are now mine. Sorry your arm is still a problem. Sorry Sleeke has got a pain in her leg. Have a good day have a good sale. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) I bet you are all pleased the kitchen is finished. Have a good day love to your mum (())

Skinny Keef (()) your Sucr’e loves you. Love to Loanda (())

Charlestown (()) the Co.. doesn’t want to arrest anyone they don’t want to go to court they could loose their license. Have a good day I get more pain on a cold day.

Sandeelilly (()) how are you. Have a good day

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

good morning Toni

How are you?

Live from cost a packet

Mums bs ok👍
    I’m ok thanks

Bye for now tc xx

Ps bill messed up lol xx

• toady

Hi all 👋

Nice but jolly blowy unfortunately 🌪️. Not a good night and as I've noted before the internet is to blame for some of that, well me in other words, will have to do a bit better - so if I wander off mid-reply in the evening do excuse, will be just doing it for my own good & not that I wouldn't rather be in here.

Afternoon frog 👋 coos and deer, thank you! Lovely 😊 I saw 'my' coos too from a distance yesterday. Have been out now taking up bulbs to store and reclaim their pot for something, as yet unspecified, a last minute flowery effort probably - what would go nicely with the ecklonis daisies I grew last year? (the white & blue/purple middles). Alchemilla mollis, does that grow quickly & flower first year? At least it's slug resistant. Was hoping to have euphorbia by now but it's still at the drawing board stage, sigh. Otherwise I buy some plugs of something maybe. I found 4 large snails inside a half empty watering can yesterday 😮 saw one of them making their way up the side and thought it was probably using it as a way to climb onto something else, but apparently no it's some kind of snail nite spot in there 😱. I do remember tillytop 😊. Hope the hair went well and you were able to have a bath (at home that is!); funny that Paul and these spiders are never seen in the same place 🤔 he doesn't have some sort of alter spiderman type ego he turns into, does he? 😬 Sleek was largely uncomplaining, yes, just a dramatic little wince occasionally, and you can't expect otherwise. Oh dear do hope all goes well, poor you too 😔. Yes all your smilies are small for me and mine/everyone else's, on firefox (outdated so not a very good test), except when the text is big too. I will let you know about the phone, I have yet to sign up for the service, it's not the best idea to have an internet phone reliant on a dicey internet! but it will all come out in the wash I suppose when I have to have a new line probably 😕. Have a good afternoon & weekend - see you at the plant sale, I wish 😣 well buy something nice unless you there to sell or invigilate or something :) xx

Hello joan, no, no new neighbour thankfully, long may it continue 😬. Oh yes all sorts of political leaflets here too or else it's a blinds company, slimming classes, or takeaway menus. I had a regular newsletter from the Donkey Sanctuary today at least that's nice, well not any stories of rescues in that sense, but they are so good to do all they do. Don't think postie ought to have to bring leaflets really. Nice in the sun today but so blowy! My charity bag is still outside I do hope they call for it seeing as I put it out at 5am when I was making a cup of tea 😬. Hope it will be a nice quiet weekend 🤞:) xx

Sorry you have that early busy train journey sandeelilly, I used to love trains but not those sort 😣. I read the other day about a line in Wales (Cardiff Bay) that is finally going to connect with other stations after 18 years of being just a 1mile branch line to Cardiff, wouldn't you be cross if you'd really wanted those journeys all that time and it wasn't as much good to you now 🙄. There was a railway station at then end of the road here before my time, closed in the 70s, such a shame it would have been perfect position 😔. Hope your day has been as good as possible - no plans for the weekend just gardening and pottering depends. My potatoes are Home Guard and my toms Stonor's Exhibition :) xx

Hi to bosh for later 😘 xx

Wave to SK and Charlestown too 👋 :)

Love to all xx

• bosh

hi Toni toady Joan SK C and s

How are you all?

Sorry I’m absolutely shattered from mxt today

👋 Toni I forgot to mention that “opera singing” only began because LA was eating something placed on a “Roma Gelato” table mat, haha.

I really hope I feel less drained tomorrow

No McDs incidentally, LA had a stomach ache.

Ok good now night everyone tc xx

Ps I did tell toady and Spock to check the warranty but they knew best 🤷‍♀️lol xx

• toady

'Just a couple of trays of bedding plants' @Charlestown , yes that's what we all say 😂. Hope you get your hydrangea too sometime xx

Hi bosh, oh poor Enterprise it wouldn't stand a chance these days 😣 your ship is no longer supported, needs a firmware upgrade, you weren't still planning on flying that old thing were you when there's 'Entrprse 5.0' as we call it these days. Hope you have a better day tomorrow 🤞 xx

p.s. have run out of teabags 😱😱😱 I will be forced onto odd random flavoured stuff or else the 'good' teabags that are only for show 😂 alas poor toad!

• frogmorton
    edited 1. Jun 2024, 06:02

Morning Joan yes everything of Sue's is now yours it is an odd thought. Probably not something you ever thought about was it. How are you coping? Are you managing ok? Must be hard work now looking after both dogs. Hopefully my arm will heal the physio said 6 months!!!! Poor little Sleek her jab is booked in for Monday let's hope it helps. If it does she can have it every month bless her. Take care Joan ((())) xxx

Morning Skinny Keef I hope you are ok missed seeing your name here yesterday. Hope Anda is ok and Sucré is enjoying the sunshine. Oh and that maybe you have taken your leathers off! Take care ((())) xxx

Morning Charlestown. Shame you aren't near enough for the plant sale. I am on coffee and tea duty (left handed of course🙄)

I see you have plans to buy more plants - so do i hopefully at the sale if not then the GC will have to do.

I bike ride with my sister she is Kari just like when we were kids, if you ignore teh aches. Both bikes have the ability to be used electrically if we need to but in general we manage without. Yes handlebars in the air you can picture us🤭

Take care have a good day!

Morning Sandeelily hopefully you are doing ok. Fingers crossed the weather is good with you too? It is so so lovely here we are very very lucky, but know it I think.

I do hope you get back to Ireland but iif not maybe somewhere in this country where it's peaceful and there is countryside will do.

Take care ((()))

Morning Reshmi

Glad to hear Mum's bs was good yesterday I bet the pair of you have slept like logs recovering form the tiny tornado's visit!

All good in costa packet was it? I am hoping to go there or the other one later if Paul takes us after the plant sale this morning.

Oh dear me what on earth did BIL do to warrant that bouquet!

See? Only a completely entertaining auntie would start opera singing from a table mat! LA loves you so much because of your imagination and the fact that you can 'get down on his level' happy to be silly and have fun. Of course with the added advantage that you can stop anything which gets out of hand being actually a real adulk.

LA did not want his maccie D's😮 his stomach must have been bad! Poor boy.

Have a good day it's perfect not too hot but dry actually dry☺️

Morning Toady hope you are doing ok.

If you have run out of teabags have a cup of kittens instead see my pic above….

Well done you 'bulbing' yesterday I hope the all store ok. Osteospemum (sp) are they the ones who close up and almost follow the sun?

I helped my lovely neighbour split and 'pot' some bishops mitre and Persicaria bistorta for his contribution to the plant sale. Nothing i started off for there is actually big enough😓but I will be making tea left handed.

We have some Alchemilla mollis at the plant sale I have peeped when I added the neighbour's contribution. It's lovely slug resistant and so beautiful when it rains, but be ready to be firm with it in my experience it is quite prolific. Funny I am ok with slugs and snails and have rabbit resistant plants yours are slug resistant. Imagine if we had to choose both. Small blessings eh?

I will buy too at the plant sale of course, it's like a big bring and buy, Kari will be along later after the park run. Honestly I am so proud of her!

Sleek is only slightly limping as you'll know but hopefully on Monday when she starts her jabs paws crossed they will work. She will want to come to you afterwards for some sort of treat and to tell on me no doubt.

Surely 'they' need to do something before they cut off our phone lines? Mind I said that about out terrestrial TVs….

Stop moaning Toni!

have a good day Toad ((()))

We need somehow to get @Woofy to post over here she's close but not quite close enough……

Woofy we're here😊 well done potting on your tomatoes and cucumbers yesterday it was a lovely day wasn't it?

Hope you'll decide to pop in here whenever you are passing

help yourself to this posh breakfast and a cuppa while you're here.

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,095

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) No you wouldn’t want anyone moving in next door with animals. Sorry you have run out of tea bags. Have a good weekend.

Toni (()) have a good time at the plant sale. It must be lovely riding a bike along that lane. The dogs are good and very good to talk to they don’t answer back. Have a good weekend. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day love to your mum (()) have a good weekend

Skinny Keef (()) i hope all is well there love to Sucr’e (()) and Loanda (()) have a good weekend

Charlestown (()) they haven’t got any men at the door to stop anyone they are worried about being stabbed. Have a good weekend

Sandeelilly (()) have a good weekend

take care
    joan xx
  • toady

Morning all 👋 muddling along on my motley tea collection, shall critique later 😆.

Kittens though yes please, much better start to the day frog 😊👍. Looks like a nice day hopefully for us all and for the sale 🤞🌼. Sorry your stuff wasn't quite ready but nice to have some from neighbour, don't know the persicaria, will look up; and have a think about the alchemilla. Yes those are the open & close daisies, they were good last year very untemperamental 👍. I think I may have a euphorbia seedling now (auto thing tried to make me put euphoria, not much of that about 😬) - unless I've mislabelled - quite possible. Definitely need a jolly good take stock and tidy up in garden now, few things need taking in hand; salvia could look better for starters, some yellow leaves, might just want feeding but don't suppose all the rain has helped 🙄 maybe could have cut it back a bit more last time. Yes hopefully Woofy will make it in, call me dense I didn't really realise that our cafe is a subsection in the cafe, even I'm confused 🤔 was since the site rework maybe. Well good luck with the left-handed tea-making and have a nice sale, yes Kari is doing so well 😊 hopefully Sleek will be working on her own physio and stretches and gentle exercise program too 🤞 she can definitely come here for fuss and sympathy and yes the odd 'catty' word behind your back 😬 who'd be a 'parent'. Very sorry for you do hope it helps. Love to all 😘 xx

Hello Joan, yes no barking dogs next door please ones that have been left alone I mean, and no naughty pussycats 🤞on the other hand nice animals welcome would rather have those than the people, at least they wouldn't be having the tv on too loud and using power tools hopefully 😄. I should go to a shop for teabags really but might see if I can string it out til next delivery, depends how I get on with the odds & ends I have ☕️. Just nice weather today hopefully for everyone :) xx

2 part post must go & do stuff; love to everyone see you all later 😘 xx

• bosh

hi Toni

Mum and I are ok 👍

Just tired

Wppl xx

• bosh

hi Joan

How are you this evening?

Mum and I are are ok thanks 🙏

I hope you enjoy the rest of the evening

take care xx

Ps Spock is going shopping lol xx

• toady

A quick goodnight from me too 👋 catch up properly tomorrow with people I haven't spoken to 👍️ love to bosh, have a good night xx

Likewise to SK have a good Sunday :) xx

Er I'll pass on the feetza thank you Charlestown 😮 😄 actually looks alright, but just the idea 😬. Hope the hydrangea arrives ok if you get one, what size are they sold as?

Hello to anyone not in today, have a good night everyone 😘 xx

• bosh

hi Joan Toni toady SK C and s

How are you all tonight?

Sorry it’s been a bit of a weird day, I was full of energy in the morning but didn’t overdo walking as I didn’t want to risk eating rubbish and upsetting my stomach

But by afternoon got that familiar sluggish feeling but maybe a bit more than normal

Mums bs is ok thanks Toni 👍

👋toady flavoured dodgy tea bags are fine, but just don’t give me the posh stuff

To be honest this cold room had turned into an igloo

So good night everyone tc xx

• frogmorton

Morning Joan how are you today? I saw a Dachs puppy yesterday 8 weeks old at the plant sale, but unfortunately not for sale😁 The sale went well we made about £350 with cakes teas and plants sold. Lots of happy people too enjoying themselves having a natter😊 Our dogs and cats are really good company I agree bless them we woudl not ever be without them would we? ((())) xxx

Morning Skinny Keef

I hope the fact you are quiet means you are having great fun with the family and the weather is lovely which I think it is? Aha might be too warm in your leathers, but at least they'd keep you dry when Sucré gets his water squirty thing out to soak you all!!!

this is for Loanda

Take care ((()))

@Woofy goofy we're here! Have you found us yet???? I hope you will find us soon you'd be so welcome here😁

Morning Charlestown

Not sure what so say about those wee hydrangeas. That is wee, but at least it's the right ones. I will be searching throughout France for you soon😊 That's all I'll be looking for!!! We will be in the motorhome so plenty of oportunity - is it legal to bring them back do you know? Catazon sells most things but I would prefer to get one from a GC like you.

Plant sale was great fun lots of chatter/ laughing and cuppas. Some money raised for the upkeep of our Church too. We are trying to raise enough to put a loo and kitchen in so it can become multi-use.

You can keep the feetsa like Toady it's the idea🤢

Hope you can get outside today take care!

Morning Reshmi

I do hope you are feeling more yourself today? This is not like you at all to be quite so wiped out.

I woke up this morning not feeling right too - I wonder if pollen count is up or if I am maybe getting a summer cold or something….

Just checked it's HIGH😠

I hope your Mum's bs is ok today and that you enjoyed that bath. Can you get all your tentacles under the water I wonder?

I love doing jigsaws and bought one from the plant sale - a pride wasgij one so really chuffed with it. Happy pride month to you too🤗

Better take it easy today ((())) xxx

Morning Toady

When the forum was changed (updated?) they 'gave' us (the café) a whole section (category) but I think it just confuses the issue. This is definitely the only café on the forum don't you agree? Woofy is not the first person posting in the 'wrong' place.

The plant sale was fabulous fun. So many people chatting plants, some small children eating cake, a tiny 8 week old puppy, that stray sheep again (honestly in the Churchyard!!!!) and above all plants, loads and loads of plants. about £350 made too so really good all round.

Persicaria a GW photo too!

I definitely did not get my plants in hand this year, salvia included, although the leaves are ok here I think. Euphoria! Love it hope you do have a euphorbia though that would be great.

Sleek is doing the same exercises as me as it's her front paw (arm also right) we do them together so sweet watching her. She uses an elastic band when I use the resistance band. I am wondering whether it might actually be helping…..? Not sure but hoping so🤞

I am fully aware that she talks about me behind my back Kari's old cat Darcey taught her the habit🙄 Overall though it's Mummy she wants in bed and Mummy she sits with in the evening not Daddy. Hah!😉 She loves her auntie Toad very much too for company and entertainment as well as treats😋 and shopping and boxes and DIY!

Well I'd better get something done.

Take care

vegan options available of course….