• Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,138

brew time

Anyone up?

Watching TT from IOM. Amazing.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,793
    edited 4. Jun 2024, 05:35

Morning Joan Sleek was a very very good girl at the vets and had her injection no problem. She doesn't like being in her carrier much though. Apparently we should see improvement from the medication withing days to a couple of weeks. Paws crossed. Someone grew plants in the bath???!!! Have a good day and lets hope it's not too cold ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi Glad to hear your Mums' bs is ok and well done you managing to stay awake for the repeat CBT course. I suppose no harm in doing a refresher is there? and if you've made your Mum feel happier.

Today, however, you can rest when you need to.

I see where the grey faced witch came from and oh dear me when LA decided you were lying🤥a bit harsh LA she's only trying to entertain you LA! How sweet is BR though🤗 not knowing how old mummy is nor even that numbers must go up yet bless his little innocent heart❤️

Good to see BIL is working out at least although he needs to watch some you tube tutorials though I think. I think you're quite right about the library it has to be right next to a cafe at least if not a bakery or even a chip shop.

I ahve a problem - I can't close the door omnivorously😥 shall I try veganisitically?

Have a good day take care ((())) xxx

Morning hope you are doing ok today? I am sure the new arrangement should take teh pressure off of you in your garden🤞

Have a good day.

Morning Charlestown

How are you doing? Ok I hope enjoyed your dinner.

It is difficult not using the arm oddly enough I have pretty much full range of movement just a lot of pain when I do. Not allowed to take anti -inflams anymore due to clopidogrel as they both thin the blood and I am pretty battered looking already covered in bruises so not allowed. Ya boo I used to love my arcoxia😔

I have a sling which I try to use to remind myself not to use the arm, but I'm soon out of it😉

Take care ((()))

Morning Toady

Gosh you did overdo it yesterday! I hope you are ok today and not too wiped out.

Sleek is fine see?

My precious girl hopefully we'll see improvements soon in her pain. Discussed with the vet that it's a 'mab' and we only have mabs for inflammatory arthritises. She said it's because animal meds require less testing (they don't live as long as us) and we should get it too in time.

I doubt that thinking of the actual cost given the number of people who actually have OA.

The other problem which she will no doubt tell you is that her pet carrier handle broke off and she plunged to the ground inside it outside the vets! They all came out to help though and she was fine. Bought a different kind yesterday afternoon.

She likes both kinds of jammie dodgers please she said and will be on her way any minute.

Cuppa?

what shall we have for breakfast?🤔

toast l think….

I bet your back in bed Keef, but I'm up! toast and tea ready☺️

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,733

Jewels1973 Member Posts: 557:08AM IPv6

Firstly can I thank @frogmorton for replying to me when I posted this in the Living with Arthritis section. Trust me to put it in the wrong place I’ve coped and pasted it over sorry it’s rambly again and as always I would welcome any help either by you leaving a comment or if you want to message me that’s great so here goes:-

Hi everyone, hope you are all not in too much pain.

Quick reason I haven’t been on here I nearly passed away in March I got covid shingles and pneumonia all at once didn’t hold out much hope for me I was in ITU for 5 days and in hospital for 11 days I’ve got PTSD now and am on pregabalin for it. (150mg in morning and 150mg in the evening).

Anyway as you might know all my pain symptoms came on all at once in March 2022 and everything pointed to RA even the inflammation markers saw woman privately she thought not and weirdly I went for my NHS appt on the 6th March 2024 on an urgent basis. My whole family came with me, Stew and Dad and within the week we all had covid they were pretty ill but not as ill obviously as me.

Anyway whilst in hospital even though I told them the pain was in my hands, wrists, my back and my legs again only x rays and ultrasound were done on my hands and wrists and the doctor rang me up and said I have early onset osteoarthritis which was a surprise to me.

I’m getting over physically being in hospital but my legs are that sore it’s a struggle to get upstairs and also we’ve had to purchase a wheelchair as I can’t walk any distance.

I was wondering if anyone suffers from osteoarthritis would be willing to share their stories with me and the doctor has sent me to someone for perhaps injections. I use flexiseq on my knees is there anything else that would help?

I’m on wait for it 8 co codamol a day, 8 tramadol a day, 6 nurofen a day, plus I’ve now got a leg infection so I’m on antibiotics for that.

Trying to be as positive as I can be just if anyone out there had the same diagnosis, were you just told the only option was injections just any stories that might help me or just can they diagnose me with osteoarthritis without looking at my back and legs? Does osteoarthritis just show up in the hands etc and they think it will be in other places?

My Nan on my dads had osteoarthritis but she was well into her 70s or 80s when she got it and my mums dad had osteoarthritis and he had to give up work at the age of 59 as he was in so much pain.

I’m 50 just for reference feel like I’m in my 90s at the moment.

Very grateful to have got through the covid shingles pneumonia incident in March so I’m counting my blessings I’m still here even with PTSD. Oh I have heard of diclofenac does that help?

Sorry to have rambled on and hope you are all as well as you can be.

Thanks for any replies.

Julie xxx

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,733

Copied the above post over for @Jewels1973 I think this is where you wanted it Julie?

Best wishes

Ellen.

• sandeelilly
    sandeelilly Member Posts: 77

@frogmorton Sleek is beautiful, I hope she gets better soon, It's Funny how a little ball of fur can fill your heart so much, if I am away from George for more than a few hours I miss him so much and he me!

Last year some ********** hit him with a bike we believe smashed his hip and leg, I had two choices amputate the leg or pay 6500 to get it fixed or mention the E word NOT HAPPENING!

Thank God my daughter stepped in and gave me the money( she loves him as much) I was heartbroken and physically sick while I waited for them to decide what could be done, I cried myself to sleep every night and mothered the hell out of him while he recovered

You would never know he had anything happen if you see him now and although it is a disgraceful amount they charged ( I think Vets should be regulated But that is another story) I would have given my own life for him, he makes my life so much better than it was and I love him so dearly He is the first cat that has ever got to me this way although we have had loads from the minute I rescued him

• sandeelilly

@Jewels1973 Welcome, You really have been through the mill! but well done for fighting back! you are in the right place these guys are amazing when you are in a bad place they support and help you out, I am newly diagnosed with Psoriac Arthritis although my kin is clear! The pain has been a joke and the depression some days gets to hard to handle, but these guys are becoming my lifeline, even just knowing they are online too rant too

so get chatting that alone will make you feel somewhat better

Speak soon

Sandee xxxx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,095

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) you keep the postman busy. Have a good day we have rain later the weather man was talking about snow in June.

Toni (()) that’s good sleeke had her injection when does she have the next one. Do you remember when DD had the carpel Tunnel operation she had both wrists in plaster her husband had to feed her. Barbara said her husband is doing well. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) sorry you are so tired. Love to your mum (()) have a good day

Skinny Keef (()) That’s lovely I bet Sucr’e (()) enjoyed showing is school friends he could ride a motorbike. You made is day and he made your day. Love to Loanda (())

Charlestown (()) the mock orange is also called the Philadelphia. Have a good day.

Sandeelilly (()) sorry that happened to your lovely cat he looks well now thanks to your loving care.

Julie (()) you have come to the right place. I’m sue the lovely people on here will be able to give some good advice. I have Osteoarthritis and Osteoporosis. I have an Artificial hip and Knee. I’ve had it 30 years when my legs are tired I sit in the recliner and put them up it takes the ache away. I wish you all the best.

take care
    joan xx
  • frogmorton

Hey everyone Julie is back I wondered where you were until I spotted your post in LWA the other day😊

We have another new person Sandeelily now she is also lovely (we only let lovely people in the café don't we?!!) but everyone else will be so glad to see you back😊

Sandeelily I love your pusscat! Doesn't he look like my Sleek! George is a great name and of course l would re-mortgage the house if Sleek needed something done. She is insured though and all being well these injections should be available through that paws crossed.

Poor George going through that though you must have been beside yourself and so scared.😥 But he looks fantastic now and really well glad to know the operation was a total success😊

Take care

• sandeelilly

@frogmorton He is named after George michael his brother was Freddie Mercury :( both my idols I have insurance as all owners should but it never covers everything and he was so bad apparently he does look like your beauty Sleek, we would do anything for our furbabies for sure xx

• frogmorton

I love both of those singers too!

I think your George is a good bit younger than my Sleekipaws she is 15 in September. I love her so much I don't know what Ill do when she goes..

Totally agree with you we must insure our animals I mean you just never know do you? My friend's yorkie was very poorly recently and he needed a lot of inpatient stays so my friend's insurance has run out for this year.

Take care ((()))

• sandeelilly

@frogmorton aww my Disco (dizzy) died two years ago he was 21 and right up till the end he was good if a little scruffyI hope Sleek lives as long xxxx

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,714
    edited 4. Jun 2024, 13:09

hi Toni

How are you doing today?

Bill’s library next to the chip shop, what a thought 🤢

Mums bs is ok 👍

I’m not too bad 🙏

It’s a little bit cooler than yesterday thank goodness.

Yes the CBT course is quite a harmless thing 👍

Don’t worry even I can’t open a door omnivorously

Bill is of course opening it carnivorously

I still remember the photo of raw beef he ate in France that he sent the family it made me want to chuck his phone in the Seine lol.

Tomorrow is Operation LA’s Birthday Prep - basically buying his card and storybook from the town centre after group

I just hope it’s not too hot.

Ok bye for now Toni tc xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,364
    edited 4. Jun 2024, 16:23

Hi all 👋 bit quieter today, was a silly amount to take on yesterday but it was partly dictated by it being supposed to rain today & I wanted to not risk going to town in it. Not that wet in fact 🤷‍♀️ but never mind.

Well done frog and Sleek 👍️ shopping list duly added to and maybe one or two extras 😺. Poor both of you though over the basket-handle fail, what a fright 😣🙀 I got the whole tale second-hand from her; '.. if I'd wanted to go on that new Hyperia steep drop ride I'd have asked, mother! 😾' was the gist. She is indeed looking fine though 😽, hope she does soon feel the benefit 👍️ interesting about the 'mabs', these things are eye-wateringly expensive that's for sure. Won't get in the garden much today will save myself for the next few days, if ok, peak time for getting on with a few things hopefully. 1 ep of GW to go for me, yes I did get my peas sown ahead of Monty, true, but then again the size of those broad beans! very envious. I can't remember which ep the grow your own veg lady was but I will definitely be trying the celery thing 😀. Potatoes are making proper flowers now and runner beans are ok, so far so good. I think my euphorbia seedling may be an imposter 😣 it was all new seed compost so not sure what got in there, but I'm a bit doutful it is what it should be. Have a good evening and try to keep your sling on occasionally; I can sort of see why walking would be painful too, something about the weight, or gravity, etc 🤔. Take care 👋 btw how is the sauerkraut?! xx

Hello joan, I haven't had too many parcels lately but people often do things like buy something later in the day when you haven't got much time to pack. Because of having postie pick them up for here you lose a day compared to taking them to a PO, so if I was to sell something on Monday afternoon I'd book it for pickup Tuesday. You can't really leave packing til Tuesday or it won't get on way til Weds and that seems a bit slow. It hasn't quite come to me growing plants in the bath here but I'm sure you wouldn't put it past me 😂. Not snow, surely 😮 I'm expecting some nice gardening weather. Maybe I will be in a lucky mild 'pocket' 🤞. Take care :) xx

Hi bosh, good Star Trek pic 😂. I like the one of me out communing with the elements too, my friends the batty bats should be about any time now, I will be looking out for them 🦇. Oh no, accusations of telling porky pies by LA, oops 😬 could you possibly claim it was accidental fibbing, that seems to be quite a good defence 😉. Hope EF all well at the moment and your mum too of course. Well done with the phone appt, propping yourself awake for not at the best time calls is always awkward, but glad it was ok if tiring. Not much doing with me today, I am feeling slightly older than one years old, hope to have a quiet rest of day. Oh I love the knitted 'Whoniverse' figures, btw, a woollen Weeping Angel, whatever next, knitting whilst not blinking, not easy! 😱😄 they're so good! Have a good evening, group tomorrow already, hope that goes ok too :) xx

Ooh get you 'supercool Dad' SK ✌️ that's a bit of one-upmanship, parentship, whatever, bet that put the range rover mums in the shade 😉 . Hope all' well today, I was up for tea at 5, so we covered the bases pretty much on the night shift with Charlestown ☕️. Have a good evening :) xx

Yes my parcel turned up ta Charlestown, I will start giving my plants a feed probably tomorrow, they will think about time too 😳. I came home from the shops with some petunias yesterday, it was sort of a case of them falling in my basket, there were very few plants this time I was disappointed 😔 so I didn't want to come back empty-handed don't tell them they would not have been my first choice 🤫 but they're a nice purple, they'll fit in somewhere. Any more lopping & trimming to do yourself? Bit damp here but quite warm, might dry up later - have a good evening :) xx

Beautiful cats sandeelilly 😘 I can tell Dizzy was a dear, I have a very soft spot for tabbies - what a terrible scary time for poor George, oh dear what awful choices to have to contemplate, I couldn't have a cat now I think. Glad he & Freddie have such a good home. Hope work is going as well as possible and have a good evening :) xx

Hi @Jewels1973 ! I am so so sorry you had such a terrible time in March, we all wondered about you; as the last from you was just before your appt I think I rather assumed (wrongly) it had not gone well and you were off licking your wounds like I would. Your poor family, what an awful spell all round, and so worrying. That is quite a few bottlesful of pills isn't it 😬 I do hope you can maybe reduce some of those as you go along now. As far as your diagnosis etc I can only echo what frogmorton said to you elsewhere, that yes they have gone by my wrists too in the past have had ultrasounds etc it seems to be a benchmark test for RA, but I can't help from an OA perspective. How are your bloods inflammation-wise? Do hope you carry on recuperating well especially if you have some injections, is that the docs' last word at the moment on further tests etc? Best wishes to family and lovely to see you but sorry again you were absent having such a nasty experience 😣. All the best take care :) xx

Kettle on! ☕️ xx

• dachshund

Sandeelilly our dogs are not insured I have cerebral palsy’s when I went to get my horse insured they asked what I had wrong I said. He said we cannot do it. I have money put by. Have a good evening everyone

take care
    joan xx
  • sandeelilly

@dachshund this is what I mean they need to be regulated for that amoung of reasons they can't pick and choose.

@toady thank you Dizzy was a very special boy it's like he waited for both my girls to leave home he loved them so much slept every night in there room! we are so soppy

• bosh

hi Joan

How are you?

I’m a bit less tired today 🙏

Mum is ok too 👍

We had some rain - did you have some too?

Have a good evening tc xx

ps pic is “Tea time” Renoir

• bosh

hi toady

Glad that your day was a bit quieter

You’re welcome about Dr Who cuddleys etc

I am also feeling more than one year old, possibly about a thousand lol

I’m not really enjoy the varifocals

They work no doubt, but they get dirty so easily, I find myself taking my glasses off more than I should

I’ve ordered some alcohol cleaning wipes

Maybe that will help

According to LA most people are lying these days, apart from his mummy of course lol

He also said granny isn’t clever

He’s a cheeky misguided little monkey isn’t he?

Granny is the cleverest person in the whole family

Yes group tomorrow let’s hope it’s not so hot that they’re serving barbecued mima in MH soon,

Only joking of course, I know bill eats raw beef but even he draws the line at eating sisters in laws - well I certainly hope so anyway 😂

Have a good night toady tc xx

Ps LA has ordered you to make this cake - sorry about that 🤷‍♀️lol xx

• bosh

hi C

I see you only eat one meal a day

Fair enough

Hi SK and s too

Good night all tc xx

Ps all the eyes of all the vampire nurses in the galaxy apparently lol xx

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 4. Jun 2024, 22:07
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Skinny Keef

Hi everyone.
    Toni, yes I was, snoring by then probably.

@sandeelilly we had to pay up too when Diego our lovely Spanish Chihuahua ate onion by mistake at a friends dinner party. He was terribly ill and had to have his spleen removed. Luckily my step dad who was a whizz at investments helped out with the bill that ran to thousands. I slept on the floor with Diego until he recovered enough to take the steps up onto our bed and was constantly checking he was okay. Been without a pet of any kind since 2018 now. I know others here have already seen this foto but will post any how……..

• Skinny Keef

this was a few days before he died. He loved a blanket and a towel to sit on in the shed whilst I worked on my motorcycles. He just getting comfy in this photo.
    he would howl if i played my harmonica.

• Skinny Keef

I saw my specialist again today. He has referred me to the ENT doc, I hope it not too expensive. 😳

I mentioned about the tinnitus changing to a rumble and the fact the my singing voice has lost a lot of range and high notes actually make me feel sick now and he wanted another opinion. He said the polychondritis is just about under control from the new anti inflammatory and that he would reconsider the methotrexate in November but the longer i can do without it the better.

I was really hungry after my appointment and went for a plant burger at jack dee’s restaurant with the golden arches. Unfortunately I forgot about not eating certain foods as I am still getting used to the low inflam diet and had a milk shake. Big mistake, way too much sugar and bad stuff and by the time I got home i felt so bad I went straight to bed. Was supposed to go to bike shop and pay for my new motorcycle (thought I’d just slip that in and see if anyone picks up on it Toni!!) but I slept right through till gone 5pm and it was raining very much when I woke up so glad I didn’t go out coz I only cleaned the Beemer yesterday. Wow, that was a really long sentence 😳

Sorry I haven’t been about much but I was very down as could be seen from my posts (had moderator contact me for welfare check so it must have been bad) and I do tend to stay off here when my depression hits and i am all D & G so I don’t post bad stuff but obviously my brain to keyboard filter was broken. So apologies if any of my posts upset our newer visitors that didn't yet know me. I am a nice guy really 😁

Reshmi the Star Trek stuff really makes me smile.

Hello to everyone else.

Off to make a brew as I can’t sleep as I been asleep all afternoon and I have the TT to watch as well as MotoGP and catching up on the Endurance world championship from last year. And excited about my new bike. Did I already mention that, I think I did. Well done anyone that reads this far….

wppl bfn 🤪

• frogmorton
    edited 5. Jun 2024, 05:18

Morning Joan am I right that you finally have your appointment today? Good luck with that and Joan be ready someone is bound to ask after Sue so take some tissues. Also it will be tough coming home later and not having Sue to talk to about it. Sending extra ((())) today xxx

Morning Skinny Keef! Much better seeing you more upbeat. I was getting quite worried about you. Glad you've seen the consultant and he's happy with your meds regime for now and you're seeing ENT too. Seems on the ball this one.

How amazing that you realised almost straight away the connection between that sugar and the consequences! In time it should become 2nd nature to avoid things like that I'm sure.

Now I know you don't like to post all D&G, but we do worry about you when you go totally AWOL so that little paragraph about school pick-up was reassuring. Wow! good that the mods care about us isn't it? How nice is that?

I spotted it yes twice! What have you bought?! and good on you! Photos of course when you can please.

Loved seeing little Diego again he was so sweet. Him singing along to the harmonica is him joining 'the pack' of which you were the leader! My dog before last used to sing to coronation st as the whole family watched it and called each other down.

Take care Keef ((()))

Morning Reshmi how are you today? Hope your Mum's bs is ok too.

Good luck at the group today and then I hope you are ready to go on the LA b'day pressie mission? I bet he can't wait - he has waited 6 years to be 6 after all. Have you already got a book in mind for him? It's fabulous that he loves reading already. Partly due to Auntie Mima and her patience with him making books fun and her imagination too.

My old girl Sleek is 15 soon Sandeelily's really old puss 'Disco' was gorgeous wasn't he such a sweetie? she must miss him a lot.😔 Sleek had her new medication for her arthritis on Monday it's a biologic so we'll see how it goes.

Oh gosh please don't tell me BIL really ate raw cow🤢 that man and his stomach will eat anything! Clearly he can open doors carnivorously.

Loved the star trek pic very funny.😁

take care Reshmi ((()))

Morning Sandeelily Dizzy looks the sweetest little cat ever 21 is such a good age. I had one go at 21 too so dreadful so sad. Why do we do it I wonder? Because we can give them lovely homes and they deserve it.

Vets really do need regulating I agree the costs are ludicrous.

Morning Charlestown

Thanks I love my Sleekipuss. Hoping she gets some benefit from the new jab for her arthritis.

I will wear the sling to rest the arm I think I have to it's getting worse if anything now probably overdoing it preparing for the holiday in France.

I will take you a photo every time I see your hydrangea if I see it I promise😊

have a good day!

Morning Toady

You overdid it due to impending rain - I get that I do the same. Being up so early helps I hate late nights you see they wipe me out as i still wake up at the same time.

Quite right Sleek does not want to plummet 263ft! I think 2 ft was quite scary enough for an arthritic puss I did a bit of a repair yesterday

slight improvement will get more hessian rope to finish but for now:

She loves her post.

That grow your own veg lady was amazing wasn't she? It works clearly so we should all do it I think less waste.

Ah my sauerkraut it's suitably disgusting looking and had to have a 'wash' as Kari added too much salt to all of them! I am in two minds - do i can it now? Given I am away or leave it while I am en France trying to steal a plant for Charlestown?

I suspect arms are heavier than we might think all that weight pulling on my shoulder yes makes sense.

Sleek was actually thinking about moving in to yours while we are away, but has decided to visit instead, a little more often. She has set up CCT🙀 V on Kari and the girls so she knows when to reappear. They know nothing about her exploits. They think she is sat here waiting to see them and the treats they give her are the only ones she has!!! Hehehe!

Right better get on take care Toad and look after your runners!

Hope we have Julie and Woofy here now any time they want to pop in!

• bosh

good morning everyone wppl xx

ps rainbow hummus xx

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) Did you see the two Adults behaving worse than children would at nine o clock.

It seems colder today. Have a good day.

Toni (()) yes I have not cried yet. My friend wants me to text her when I get back. I hope it’s not cancelled this time. Sorry about your arm (()) love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day love to your mum (())

Skinny Keef (()) I liked your dog it’s upsetting when they have thing’s wrong worse when they die (()) love to Sucr’e (()) and Loanda (())

Charlestown (()) I think they thought I was going to die before the animal. I will take a photo of the Mock Orange.

take care
    joan xx