Val's Cafe

Comments

• sandeelilly
    sandeelilly Member Posts: 77

Morning all

Sorry yesterday was a nightmare garden cleared but paying for it now.

Hope you all have a great day xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,095

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) have you got a family on the other side of you. Are you still alright for teabags. Have a good day.
    Toni (()) that’s nice seeing an 8 week old Dachshund. That’s good your arm is feeling a bit better (()) good the money that was raised for the church. Have a good day. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) I’m sorry you feel so tired (()) love to your mum (())

Charlestown (()) sue used to grow Rhododendrons and there is a Magnolia in the garden that’s been there 23 years. Have a good day

Skinny Keef (()) I hope everything is okay with all of you. Love to Sucr’e (()) and Loanda (())

Sandeelilly (()) have a good day.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,714
    edited 2. Jun 2024, 13:16

hi Toni

How are you today?

Mums bs is ok 👍

I just about managed a walk before the somewhat unbalanced canines and (other) Englishwomen went out in the midday sun lol

I guess yesterday I was too hot to rest properly in the afternoon

So that may have made me feel drained

To be honest am a bit on the drained side now - but that’s just toady and her 3 am thermostat adjusting again lol

BR actually took four crackers upstairs in case mima was hungry, but he ate three on the journey up those stairs - bless

LA mostly believes my stories- but once he said “ that’s not true, in fact you are lying” - my goodness I must learn my place and stay downstairs with the rest of the help, wait that’s not right lol.

Ok Toni

In desperate need of ablutions

Bye for now tc xx

Ps toady’s in charge of transport control 😱😱

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,364

Hi all 😊 the sun has got his hat on, hip hip hip hooray etc.

Glad the plant sale was so nice and it was a good day for it frog 😊 sounds lovely. £350 and a sheep too, super 🤭. Thank you for the pic, ooh, they're nice 😀 I can see a use for those. I'm just catching up with GW it was quite handy to have a week off, as such. I thought Monty was looking well, maybe it was the effect of the haircut or maybe he's had some comfrey tea as well 😄. My seaweed feed has gone to the wrong person possibly, either that or just a tracking number mixup, hope it will turn up my plants are looking accusingly at me 😳. Keeping an eye on the euphorbia tray 🤞one seedling doesn't make a summer. So funny about Darcey teaching Sleek bad habits 😂 but of course she loves you regardless 😽. Talking of Kari sort of, I came across a chap who I listen to on youtube (meditation type) mentioning that he'd deleted one video and unknown to him that mucked up the sainted Algorithm, & somehow broke the connection between that & the people who'd viewed it etc - so that now people weren't getting notifications & so on. I know it can be a minefield but I don't fully realize what goes on I'm sure; ironic, stressing out someone who is trying to help people relax 🙄. As to Woofy and getting into the cafe not the foyer so to speak, maybe drop a PM if you haven't already with a direct link to last page to click straight onto? 🤔 Have a good Monday will be out fossicking in the garden again later, stating the obvious I know but you can get so much done when it's sunny, even just things like drying pots & trays &c. 👍️. Love to all :) xx

Hello Joan, I am just about ok for tea thank you, currently alternating between a few odds and ends, and I have a box of 15 posh Assam in an emergency 😂. I only have a lady on the other side, not attached though. No grass at that house so at least no mowers 👍️. I nearly thought a delivery of mine had gone there by mistake yesterday 😱 would not have liked them to be disturbed. I have a fiddly parcel to finish by tomorrow but I've done most of it, thought I had better get on early while it's nice 🌞. Have a good new week :) xx

Hi bosh, yes it was I fiddling with the universal thermostat, I cannot tell a lie 😳😄 I was only thinking of my seedlings and my tomato plants, honest 😉. Seriously I know you'd rather the sun didn't have his hat on, hope the pollen not too bad if Toni said it was not good. Only one out of 4 crackers arrived at their destination 😄 well at least BR didn't come up with an elaborate tall story, mima-style 😉, as to what had happened, stolen by a stray aardvark, beamed up by Scotty etc. Hope you have an ok afternoon, the posh tea isn't anything fancy btw, just english breakfast but overpriced haha, I'm keeping it in reserve. Also I'm having something herbal at night for sleep doesn't seem too bad. Hope everyone well :) xx

Hope you're having a good Sunday @Charlestown 👋. I've only ever bought plants once of Spamazon I don't think to look there really and often there's a reason I want to buy off nosegay, or occasionally off a seller's own website. Ideal weather for garden I will get out later if poss 👍️. Can you click and collect from the garden centre if the plants come in, should be able to at least see if & when they restock that's better than randomly calling in person. Hope less of a tiring day :) xx

Hi SK 👋 hope things as well as poss, kettle on for afternoon tea, I'm afraid it's english breakfast with lemon, something a bit flowery called piccadilly blend or otherwise caramel flavoured, sorry about that 😬. Love to all :) xx

Ooh well done @sandeelilly on the garden progress, hope you aren't still paying too much for overdoing it, so tempting isn't it, you know there isn't endless good weather if there was you could space things out more. Lots to do in mine but getting there with things like potting on, one day there will be less seed trays in the kitchen & utility, oh and some hollyhocks in the dining room 😄. Have a good evening :) xx

Love to everyone 😘 xx

• sandeelilly

@toady Thank you, it needed doing and all the rubbish gone it's a different place now lol Hope today has been a good one x

• toady
    edited 2. Jun 2024, 16:40

That is a lot of clearing up 😮. What a nice space 😊 I like your paving and that lovely brick wall 😍 very big fan of walls. Do scrap metal men take some things where you are or is it a council arrangement. Someone would plant something in that bin, they aren't that cheap to buy. I was only saying to Joan (dachshund) the other day how much these things have come round again, then saw at the Malvern Flower Show on Gardener's World someone was displaying their plants in old style tin baths. Nice to see some good sized trees too 😊🌲. Thanks for posting :) x

• sandeelilly

@toady it cost me 150 for the rubbish scrap they collect for free, I try not to use the council as Croydon is the worse! it was a great place while the kids were growing up but now it's too big for me but I have found someone who wants to put a compost bin in my garden and he will keepthe grass cut so win/win

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • bosh

hi Toni

Jigsaws are great by the way

Wish I was better at them though lol

I haven’t got the Toni - expertise 👍

LA’s birthday celebration on Saturday of next week we’re going to MH

LA and BR went to the library with Bill and got a storybook simply entitled ‘ Grandma’ -how cute ❤️

Have a good evening Toni and take care xx

hi toady

How are you today?

I trust you’re leaving the thermostat alone overnight at least? Lol

I’ve got a new job for you Enterprise- upgrader! Yes we still need it upgraded, it was confirmed by chief scientist and boffin LA - after all he will be 6 years old soon - so, respect your elders please 😂

Have a good night toady tc xx

Hi C

How are you? I know what you mean, sometimes I get very tired during the daytime too.

Have a good night tc xx

hi Joan

How are you?

The fatigue wasn’t so bad today thanks 👍

Mums ok too, have a nice night Joan tc xx

👋 @sandeelilly how are you?

I’m not too bad thanks

Good night tc xx

Good night to SK too of course

Good night everybody xx

Ps an insight into to bill’s office life lol xx

• toady

I think my council does a bulky collection for around £40-£50 last I looked sandeelilly but you don't get much for that 3 boxes or large items I think, soon goes up after that pro rata. That's brilliant about the compost bin gentleman, ideal 😊 lots people must have similar things they'd like to do, to mutually benefit one another, nice when it works out well. xx

bosh I have indeed left the thermostat alone or rather I seem to have unwittingly turned it down, really quite chilly outdoors tonight nothing like yesterday. I will put my mind to the Enterprise upgrade, I'm sure somewhere in the garage among my tubs of metal bits and jamjars of dilithium crystals I can find 'the necessary' 👍️😄. Have a good night :) xx

Don't think I've bought full-sized plants off the old nosegay myself Charlestown, just plugs, can't force myself to pay the postage really; even if the plants are reasonable you know that a big chunk is going to the PO or a courier and it goes against the grain 😄 yes garden centre better if poss. Though feedback is usually a pretty good indicator if you'll get a nice plant or a dead twig 👍️. Like I said to bosh it was quite cold and windy & unpleasant this evening so I didn't have much fun 😕 suppose I got a few things done earlier but that's about it. Have a good night 👋 xx

'night all sleep well 😘 xx

• bosh

hi toady

I was on the wrong page of messages and only read your penultimate one just now

Sorry about that

Diithium indeed? Let’s hope NASA isn’t reading this lol

Good night tc xx

Ps pride rabbit - who only bites “accidentally” lol xx

• sandeelilly

@bosh @toady @Charlestown @Skinny Keef @dachshund Morning!!!!

Another sunny Monday yayyyy NOT lol

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend? and this week is full of nice things for all of you

Ok Better get on with work

Sandeex

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,793

Morning Joan hope you're doing ok today? That puppy was adorable to young to go on the floor not having had all her jabs yet. You'd have loved her so much. Arm not so good in the end yesterday especially on walks not sure why - I'm not walking on it am I😁Have a good day ((())) xxx Oh Sleek is having her first solensia jab this morning.

Morning Skinny Keef I do hope everything is ok and that you have only been busy enjoying the nice weather and are not struggling more that usual ((())) xxx

Morning Sandeelily wow your garden is HUGE!!! Let me at it! (as If I could manage yours as well as mine!)

If you cleared all that I am not at all surprised you needed a day to recover. I hope you have some help doing it all? Such a huge job. I hope that having someone to cut the grass while using your land for a compost will help loads in future. Or 'going forwards' as they say these days🤭

Morning Reshmi How are you today? I hope not quite as exhausted and that your Mum's bs is ok.

Cooler again today i think so we should be ok today.

Has Toady been at the thermostat again?🙄

I think with jigsaws it's time and patience you need.

A birthday 'do' coming up then for our LA please don't tell me he'll be 6😮 when did that happen? I bet it will be a very entertaining day anyway plenty of escapades to report back to his 'fans' in the cafe😊

I am very impressed BIL took them to the library at all where there is almost certainly no food🤔 BUT the book choice was just adorable I love it so sweet l bet your Mum was chuffed.

When LA grows up he will remember a lot of your stories and tell his own children about his Auntie Mima's imaginative story-telling. You are absolutely not relegated to 'downstairs' with the help😂

BR can eat 3 crackers in one go?! Wow and still be slim? How kind to bring you one up though🤗

Take care today ((())) xxx

Morning Charlestown how are you?

I see you managed a bit of a potter yesterday i did too not as much as ; wanted but there never is enough time. I did some ironing as well🙄 Getting ready to go to France in search of your hydrangea……

Of course I bought some plants it was a great morning. Apart from the left handed tea pouring and the left handed washing up! Wouldn't it have been fun if you had popped in. Well all of us from the cafe imagine that?!😊

Hope your day is a good one I am off to the vets this morning. I think a TC from GP for meds review too.🙄

Morning Toady

Hope you're ok Toad? Sleek is having her arthritis jab this morning The birds are making a racket outside (babies trying to flay perhaps?) hope that she doesn't recover so well that she starts trying to catch baby birds again😥 Isn't she beautiful though?

Did my ironing to GW yesterday I am up to date!!!!! Get me! You too I see and I noticed you were ahead of him too with some of your jobs. He did look well no doubt his comfrey tea😉

I agree about your euphorbia I was thinking the same about my 1 cosmos and 5 ageratums🙄 Definitely not enough to fill our gardens for summer. I will come back from France before I hit and GCs for bedding plants. Don't want to give Kari too much to water do I?

I have @ted Woofy and linked her a bit back so far with no luck. We need her out of the Foyer and in here where she can get a cuppa and slice of cake.

Sleek will no doubt be over later cussing me for taking her to the vets for yet another jab😕 Darcey's language was atrocious no idea who taught her I know it wasn't Kari herself. Yes the tube of Yews is a nightmare Kari is thoroughly sick of it. I hope that poor man sorted his algorithm out what a nightmare not at all restful😯

Better get something done Toad hope you have a good day.

• sandeelilly

@frogmorton off you go! I wouldn't say I like it it is too big for me now, but hopefully this arrangement will help.

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,095

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) Years ago we moved into a maisonette the lady said I had to have a new bath in the gentleman before used to grow plants in the bath. I heard the weather for the rest of the week it’s going to get colder. Have a good day.

Toni (()) does sleeke mind having injections. I hope it helps her. Sorry about your arm I hope it’s not too painful (()) love to Paul (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) Do you know you can do jigsaws on-line. Love to your mum (())

Skinny Keef (()) How are you all. Thinking of you love to Sucr’e (()) and Loanda (())

Charlestown (()) I have a Mock orange plant. Have a good day.

Sandeelilly (()) you have a lovely garden hard work. Have a good day

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

morning Toni and everyone

How are you all?

All is well here but it’s still morning lol

Mums bs is ok 👍

I’m ok so far thanks

Bye for now all tc xx

• bosh

hi Toni

I’m putting a down payment on the grey faced witch story

Unless I get too warm then I will come after toady with my broom 🧹

Bye for now tc xx

ps pic of toady at 3 am - only joking of course 😂😂

• Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,138

I found the meaning of true happiness today.

Loanda asked me last minute to meet Sucré from playskool, which is about a 25 minute fast ride away. I got there with a few seconds to spare and everyone stared as this big motorcycle turned up with a hooligan on board, rode across the grass and parked up outside the doors.
    No sooner had I got my helmet off than Sucré came out the doors and shouted DADDAD!!!!! Ran across the grass and flung his arms around me and planted a big smacker on my cheek and shouted for all to hear I LOVE YOU DADDAD what are you doing here. Followed by Can I go on your bike!!????

made me feel like a million dollars.

😁

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,793

That is a wonderful story Keef I love it your little boy loves his Daddy❤️❤️❤️

Small children are so wonderful - hard work but so worth it😊

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 3. Jun 2024, 19:29
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • bosh

hi Joan

How are you?

Thanks about mum she’s ok today 👍

That’s good to know about the online jigsaws 🙏

Have a good night tc xx

Ps message from vampire nurse lol xx

• bosh

hi s

My day was ok thanks apart from the heat

How is your work going?

Good night tc xx

Ps funny translation xx

• bosh

hi C

How are you?
    that sounds like a nice dinner

There was some rain here in the morning but not much

Have a good night tc xx

Hi toady
    how are you today?

I found some images cuddly dr who characters for you

Another day in the tropics here 🤢🤢🤢

Have a good night tc xx

hi SK

Nice story about your son

Good night tc x

Hi Toni

How are you?

A bit of an exhausting day for me as I had this talking therapies’ telephone appointment it’s just a kind of online very basic CBT online course with a few phone appointments with a therapist, my mum wanted me to do it, I’ve done it before, it was ok but it was at an odd time in the morning so I’d had a walk but I was so tired and couldn’t rest, so was basically keeping awake and alert with face wipes, gum and dressing lightly so the relative cold would keep me awake, but never mind.

It went ok in the end👍

So the promised story, it’s just a small one, i put psoriasis cream on my face, it looked grey in the dim light, so I told LA that I was the grey - faced witch, but he wasn’t impressed and that was when he said, “ That’s not true, in fact you are lying” lol.

Maybe bill’s library was near a coffee shop? I wouldn’t be surprised lol

This heat is really nasty isn’t it Toni?

BR said he is 3 years old but when asked how old mummy is, he scratched his head in a slightly harassed manner and said, “ one year old?” Bless.

I’m somewhat cream crackered

So have a good night Toni tc xx

Ps look at bill’s makeup! On the plus side at least he’s working out lol xx

• toady
    edited 3. Jun 2024, 22:31

hi all 👋

still here but have been finishing parcels until 10 mins ago so I think we can safely say I'd better go to bed 😬 definitely bit off more than I can chew today as I did chores and went to 'Piddle' as well, though I was nearly on top til I had to do a second parcel, seemed a shame for postie to come for one & back the next day.

Also couldn't co-opt Sleek into any sellotaping of course so it was bound to take me longer 😉 do hope everything went well today frog and with yourself, jammie dodgers already in al fresco basket for her and (assuming she is speaking to you) could you find out where she stands on the apple & blackcurrant variety? 😘 xx

Love to everyone and see you all tomorrow, or indeed possibly at random hours of the night as I have to also totter down and rescue the milk delivery off the doorstep at some point 😬.

Sorry so short with a bit of luck I'll get a sit-down tomorrow! ☕️ see you all then have a good night 😘 xx

• The user and all related content has been deleted.