Val's Cafe

Comments

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,711

hi again Toni

Sorry I forgot to say that I’m really sorry that P has covid.
    Please be careful with masks hand gel etc

Bye for now tc xx

• bosh

hi toady

Thanks for your kind wishes - luckily no muscle - pulling 👍

Also thanks about mum

I like the artistic paper cup

I’m not a great art expert but that’s good to know about CL thanks

Jilting the milkman! Whatever next? Lol, my milkman - related novel and NF screenplay need to be scrapped now, no more future millions in the bank, thanks toady haha.

So my gift horse today I guess was that the waist pain disappeared eventually

But I’m not going to knock the aforementioned equine in the mouth etc

So while I could happily natter on for hours I’ll stop for now toady

Just wanted to say though I just had healthy tea, soy milk, sweetener, no sugar, but dad’s done some unnecessary washing up and everything tastes of fish 🐠🤢

Oh dear lol

Also had mxt today one - off sort of thing

So have a good afternoon / evening toady tc xx

Ps milkman’s replacement 😱xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,094

Good evening everyone

I hope you have all had a good day. Tomorrow morning I’m going with my friend to take sue to her favourite place if it’s not raining.
    Love to Toady and her milkman. To Toni and her poor arm and Paul and Covid.

To Reshmi and her lost hair clips and her Dad doing the washing up

To Sandee having a good rest. and Colin and his wife after having a good time.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    edited 21. Jul 2024, 20:13

hi Joan

I hope it’s not raining and that you and your friend can take Sue to favourite place 🤗

Thanks, you have a good evening and night too, take care xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,364

Goodnight dear Joan will be thinking of you tomorrow I'm glad your friend will be there too 😘 xx

Night to frog too, hope everything as well as poss with you 🤞xx

and to bosh 👋 fear not, I will soon thaw towards the milkman when I'm between grocery shops and can't get a currant bun, so don't ditch the screenplay yet it's the on/off-ness that will keep viewers subscribing or whatever it is 👍️😉 have a good night and hope your mum does too xx

night all 😴 xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,792
    edited 22. Jul 2024, 06:02

Morning!

Morning Joan. It's very frustrating being right handed yes, but what can you do? I'm just getting on with it really hoping it will ease up soon🤞If not i don't know what's next. I think I was a bit silly to get in the bath one-handed with no Paul to help me out!!😳 The shower is lovely though - a nice safe non-slip floor. How about you? How are you doing? Have you got any plans for today? Sleek doesn't understand why I am not in the same room as Paul bless her. ((())) xxx PS lovely neighbour (him) is 80 today!

Morning Reshmi

I am very pleased to hear your stomach muscle was only temporary if painful pain .Hope you are otherwise tickety-boo today on is very fine Manners Monday.

Not good to hear your Mum has had two almost hypos I do hope today is better. It won't help at all if your Dad is mean to her. Stress and upset is no good for anyone.

I hope he behaved on the journeys to and for MH. How cute is BR? Very well behaved at nursery he deserves a treat before they go away. I wonder have they got a paddling pool in the garden? Maybe that's what he meant about LA getting wet and pushing him?

Lalochezia yup I used it yesterday when the door shut on my ankle. OUCH! Big ouch in fact. I shall not today and offensive language is not polite.

Fear not I have been nowhere near Paul we have enough room (loos and showers) to keep well away. My hands are however getting as dry as in 2020🙄

I hope you made the most of an hour or two to yourself yesterday.

Have a good day ((())) xxx

Morning Sandee I hope you were busy yesterday with family fun no more trouble. Back to work probably for you too today. My fingers are crossed that your MTX is kicking back in ((()))

Morning Toady

It was so silly of me to try the bath when Paul is not available to help! Honestly it just looked so inviting😳 l shall not repeat my foolhardiness I promise.

The shower is however wonderful runs of the mains so far better than the other one.

Sleek is ready and willing to help with the miceland shop in fact she has a small list in her paw ready and will be over shortly. Not a hot dog but a hot cat!

Thanks for asking Paul is ok. He retested last night still positive (line fainter and less quick to react) unfortunately so can't go in to work. It started on Tuesday so we are hoping he will test negative very soon. I often think of Carol @Turbogran in London and hope she is safe from the virus.

I'm glad you got outside I did too which was lovely mostly watering though and deadheading. I have some fabulous cucumbers almost ready one is curly! Loads of toms but none ripe yet.

Interesting and reassuring that the butterfly watch isn't until August so maybe I was worrying about nothing. I have seen several cabbage whites but there are lots of other 'whites' so might be wrong also some brown ones a wall or heath fritillary? Maybe??? No peacocks or blues. What have you seen?

Have a good day Toady😊

• sandeelilly
    sandeelilly Member Posts: 77

Good morning all,

You have all been busy bees this weekend by the looks of the posts, I am not great with heat at the best of times must be an Irish thing!

The big boss in work all this week ….FUN! lol Off to see Madness on Sunday and Les Mis on Sat again so it's a nice weekend to look forward to. All things on the SIL front seem to have calmed down so fingers crossed it will start getting better, either that or Nikkeh has got to him 🤣

@bosh Love the word thingy, I tried finding a naughty word, word of the day but it's a no to boring apparently lol

How's your Mum doing? I hope she feels better and you? your muscle pain, I bloody hate that it has to be one of the worst things with this thing makes me

@toady How's the Blister? Only spent 4 hrs at the in-laws not too bad I suppose they are nice enough people just still quite new to the family so feel a bit of a stranger still! Good luck with blood this week, I have them fortnightlt STILL cannot wait to stop although it has got me over my fear of needles. I hope this week is not as muggy I like it warm but it was stifling at the weekend! Have a great day xxx

@frogmorton I hope Paul is feeling better. COVID-19 is horrible, I have never had it Yet! even though I worked on the wards during the pandemic must have had a good immune system I am sure it will catch me now! Poor Sleek he must be so confused poor baby. Your bathroom looks amazing well done, you survived the noise and the builders, SIL is lucky Nikkeh loves her sister is all I am saying, cannot guarantee I will be as nice! lol

@dachshund Oh, I hate MOT 's all that prodding and pulling although I have a consultant on the 8th not looking forward to that, For years I was on 18 painkillers a day as every time I went to the doctor with pain it was it is your weight take these, Makes me so mad!! never was my weight and it got worse once I lost 3 stone so my GP knows not to even mention my weight to me as I will sue his **** for malpractice, especially as all those tablets damaged my heart! sometimes I do not think they care enough to check when we say we are in pain, at least now I have a diagnosis I can demand help.

How was The Wonky Cucumber? lol

Ok, Who is who here? I get confused when you use your real names, I'm off to start the drudge and sort out all the lost souls have a great day guys hello to anyone I missed xxxxxxxxx

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) we are leaving sue till about Thursday has it’s drizzling here and we don’t want her to look like a mole hill. Have a good day. I can login better now thank you.

Toni (()) I’m sorry is your arm just as bad (()) it must be very frustrating for you. Take care love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day thank you love to your mum (())

Sandee (()) i hope your work is easier now

Colin (()) thinking of you and your wife have a good day

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

good morning Toni wppl xx

Ps LA made this card for his teacher - Art Deco style 😂 xx

• bosh

hi Toni

How is your shoulder today?

Mums bs was ok today thank G** really

I’m ok thanks apart from the fact that toady pressed the universal sauna switch of course lol

Ablutions are calling

bye for now tc xx

Ps part 1 of card BR made for his mummy aww ❤️xx

• toady

Hi all 👋

Nice out but blowing fairly enthusiastically 😮 will calm down a little later I hope. Still the only day of rain for the foreseeable is when I have to walk miles to the Drs 🙄 how long have I been dreaming of a run of dry days like this with only 1 wet? 😣. Hope everything as well as poss with you & Paul frog, if his test is on the downhill (even if not quite there) then not long to go 🤞 and I hope it hasn't taken it out of him too much. Yes do hope everyone that isn't posting at the moment is avoiding it like, well, the plague 🙄 I saw something re cases may have peaked but then again I think that was Ireland maybe. Hey ho. Lovely to see Sleek, it keeps cool round one side here as I've mentioned so we weren't too hot looking at shopping. Small list ticked off ✅😊. I got in the garden too between windy spells, yes clipping back type things, the tidying up urge is upon me 😄. Gosh my toms are nowhere near, let alone curly cucumbers. Super! 😀. Few more broad beans than I thought though. Tied the peas up again more neatly (dwarf peas, I don't think so! I will be buying tom thumb next year if that's the one that's about a foot tall. Will try & get an agapanthus pic as I think I may get some white this year as well as the blue 😊. No butterflies, even whites; at least the bees are all over the lavender, thank goodness. Have a good evening :) xx

Hello Joan, we had drizzle here too but rain on Thurs as well, do hope you get a reliably good day, it does look very largely dry 🤞. Glad you aren't having any problems getting in. Not much happening here today just odd little jobs. I am trying to restring a bead bracelet which is a bit of a daft job, but I would feel bad just abandoning it. Can't help wanting to mend things but sometimes it probably isn't time well spent 😬. Have a good evening have you been reading any of the news stories about Strictly, some of the people aren't coming out looking very good are they 🤨. xx

Hi to bosh, what artistic cards! Lovely they really are. In my day we had less sparkly things to use at school (or did the littleys make these at home). I remember making pictures at school out of wheat grains and lentils and things like that glued onto paper. Hope your day is going ok despite mxt and fish tea 😱. V glad to hear your mum is ok at the moment 👍️. Sorry about the sauna switch 😳 I will be paid out for all this tinkering with the universe's settings when it rains on me all the way to bloods 😕☔️. Who wants 'wetted skin'!! Nothing much happening I got the dolly I bought in the post, she's very nice now I have to part with her unfortunately 😬. Oh yes there are so many artists & arty people out there I won't know a fraction about, I wasn't sure if I'd seen those paper cups on here one of yours. I'm not the biggest fan of cutting up books even tatty ones but it is very clever stuff, something to think about when you finish the Balzac 🤔 could make a suitable tea service. Have a good evening :) xx

Hello @sandeelilly blister very much on its way now ta 😊👍️. Can't believe you avoided the covid like you did! 😮 yes I hope that does mean you're v resistant. Thank you about the bloods, I will be in & out like a shot, just hope the person before me doesn't pass out like the time before last 😬. Glad you can cope with needles yourself. They moved my surgery further away just round covid time which was very helpful (as a non-driver) 🙄 have had many a grumble about that in here. Btw frogmorton is Toni, dachshund is Joan, bosh is Reshmi and I'm just an anonymous lurker 🤭 I don't really do 'me' anywhere online. Ooh Madness concert, good stuff, have a fab time! :) xx

Love to all 😊 xx

• bosh

hi again Toni

The door shut on your ankle - oh no - are you are ok?

Don’t worry I’ve been swearing inside my head since medieval times lol.

Bit of totm and stomach ache but nothing too bad really thanks

I understand about dry hands - it’s difficult to get it right isn’t it?

No one likes ookey dry skin but then again strong creams leave us dropping sandwich packets and all manner of things in a very hatter - ish and unladylike manner.

I think the kids probably don’t have a paddling pool, yes cute little BR was trying to say, I believe, that LA got in a mood and cried, the wet skin was probably around LA’s eyes and cheeks lol but the nasty bit of course was LA pushing his little “brudder”

LA was even kicking BB at one time, I told him this was bad, he said, “He deserves it” - my instinct was to say, “ Doesn’t he just? Kick a bit harder”, although of course, like the most vulgar of expletives, I kept that in my head haha.

BB is very rarely behaving at all well to be honest

Yes a tiny bit of solitude even with fish tea was good thanks 🙏

Have a nice evening Toni tc xx

Ps part 2 of BR’s card - his avant- garde stage maybe 😂 xx

• bosh

hi Joan

How are you?

That’s good that you’re waiting till the weather’s a bit better

Mum and I are ok today 👍

Have a good evening tc xx

• bosh

hi sandee

How are you?

Thanks about the temporary waist pain

I generally keep the rude words inside my head, especially when prowling around on the wicked witch’s web or whatever it’s called lol

Boss away - so extra pressure for you?

I remember those times, people thought I was my supervisor- I almost said, “ No I’ve just got all the pressure and duties of her job with less pay” lol, oh well it can’t last forever

Have a nice evening tc xx

• bosh

👋toady

Just taking a stretching break etc

Hope to be back soon xx

Ps I’m not quiddling lol xx

• bosh

hi toady of the realm

How are things?

Glad it was fairly nice out.

I see the on - off nature of the milkman situation 👍

A bit like the Japanese and Korean NF dramas perhaps?

I’m watching one of the k - dramas, not too bad at all, apart from a skinny female character who works for a bakery and is constantly eating iced buns lol.

I’m not too bad thanks totm and stomach issues- but could be worse 🙏

I’ve finished the Balzac now, I can’t say I concentrated throughout but I’m glad I tried.

I may well have posted some paper crockery

There was some rain when I went, not too bad though, it’s the slippery pavements I don’t like though 😱
    I will build you an ark for the blood test day, ok I’ll outsource that to MH haha

Just a few thousand currant buns required as payment by LA please and jelly baby - infused tea for BR as well.

Okay I don’t want to invite any more muscular pains to supper,

so bye for now toady have a good evening and night tc xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,792

Hi Joan hope you are feeling ok? I rather think you were wise to delay taking Sue until the weather improves. Honestly though you'd think you could rely on July🙄 There's been rain overnight here, but it looks promising now. I am still hoping my arm is maybe improving a bit. Fingers crossed thanks Joan. Are the dogs well? Take care ((())) xxx

Morning Sandee how are you? I can't believe you never caught COVID! You do have a strong immune system. If you were to catch it now it's not so bad. Poor Paul has caught it quite a few times due to work, but he has usually done ok. The first time was the scariest. Having a bungalow really helps as you can post food and drinks through windows to your 'patient'! I caught it once from one of the foster babies in the village when she was first born. I had the viral meds though and recovered quickly.

It's rained overnight, dry and bright now just now I like it 😊Good for the garden as Den will agree.

Have you not seen SIL yet? Wow he is one lucky man being one of your ducks which wandered off😠 Nikkeh has every right to give him what for, but as you said she loves her sister.

Our 'names' are always there don't worry - top of our posts on the left😊 I did survive the workmen it's great to have a watertight shower now and the floor is no longer wobbly.

My mum used to say if she went to the Drs for a spot on her rear he'd say it's because she was fat and smoked! 3 stone? very well done you.

Have a good day ((()))

Morning Reshmi

How are you I hope TOTM is retreating and of course that your lovely Mum is ok today too.

I adore the card your sister had for her birthday from BR😊Very avant-garde I agree what a little sweetie he is especially the stickers. As for LA's card for his teacher I bet she loved it - what do parents buy teachers these days in MH at the end of a school year? champagne? caviar maybe?

Aha I see the 'wet' LA was tears when Mummy or Daddy told him off maybe for pushing BR! Well maybe he deserved a telling off pushing is naughty. Kicking one's Grandfather (even if he really deserves a good kicking!!!) is also really not ok🤭 I remember that time it was quite funny.

I am an excellent quiddler BTW. I used to call it procrastinating, but from now on I am quiddling😁thanks for that.

Washing my hands like mad again with covid in the house. The line on his Paul's is getting fainter so he's less infectious now. Good really i feel very sorry for him. My hands would also like a reprieve. E45 emollient is good but I doubt it kills potential germs do you think?

Have a good day if you can Reshmi ((())) xxx

Morning Toady a perfect start to the day here rain overnight but nice and bright here😊 I hope the same for you too. The wind did drop yesterday didn't it?

Your dwarf peas sound as though they aren't! Mispackaged maybe? Or just your green fingers? Stick with yor usual maybe in future yes.

Curly cucumber! Very nearly big enough to harvest😋 I can't wait! Maybe my own compost helped? Tomatoes aplenty but none are anywhere near ripe. Other people have ripe ones😡 Why not me?!

I bought something yesterday for my Granddaughter to be. Ready?

It's a flip book I hope she'll like it.

I'd love to see your agapanthus they are just lovely ☺️such pretty flowers are they the ones you divided earlier in the year? No 🦋 at all?! Shocking well let's see what August brings us if that's the big butterfly watch.

When are your bloods Toad? I hope if it's today it stays dry I rather think it will.So annoying when GP practices amalgamate and we loose out. I think soon we will have private ones too I really do.

Sleek is happy that her shopping is all ordered thank you. She does indeed knowhow to keep cool always one dangling paw bless her😉

Thanks for asking Paul is much better and the test-line much fainter so hopefully tonight he might be clear🤞 I think we do have a lot of COVID and probably much more that we know about as not many are testing now.

Anyway Have a good day if you can get outside and recharge😊

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) yes I get on the login page thank you. Yes with Strickly I think the Pro’s just think of winning. They expect them to learn quick most of them have never danced before. Have a good day I hope you manage to fix the bracelet.

Toni (()) Did you say your arm will take 6 weeks that’s a long time when you can’t do what you want to because of the pain (()) have a good day. Nice flip book. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) that’s good your tummy feels better (()) love to your mum (())

Sandee (()) have a good day how is your car.

Colin (()) love to you and your wife (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

morning Toni

Wppl xx

Ps Snowdonia Pudding

• bosh

hi Toni

How are you this afternoon?

Mum is ok 👍

Bit cooler here today I think

Is it the same with you?

”Frog’s Day Out” - wow - I want that book lol.

Gifts for teachers- yes a bit of a problem there - left to bill it would be “Broke” of course haha

A magnet to retrieve hair clips from all the four corners of the world? Oh no that’s a gift for me lol,

LA has kidnapped almost £10 worth of hair clips - quite the master criminal

Ok I’ll go for now

Ablutions- time

Bye for now Toni tc xx

• bosh

hi Joan
    how how you?

Thanks about my stomach

Mum and I are ok 👍

Have a nice afternoon tc xx

• bosh

hi again Toni

Glad you liked “quiddling”

Yes E45, I know that suits some people, but not me unfortunately, I like the non - alcoholic hand sanitiser called “N*laqua” personally, I then just put N/ gena or occasionally Epad*rm on my hands afterwards- well at least that’s the plan lol. The sanitiser is quite good though, doesn’t irritate my skin.

I know kicking of grandfathers is frowned upon in the law courts, but not in certain cafes 😂.

BR has a slight temperature- he told his mummy to give him C*pol so he could sleep, then he would eat later - aww he’s almost an adulk, bless.

Not a great deal to report here, my stomach is ok so far today thanks

If it stays this way or if doesn’t flare up too much, I’ll go to group tomorrow

BR has been to few a birthday soirées, I hope he hasn’t caught something from the party - goers.

He’s so happy at the parties though, I think it’s because “brudder LA” or “Friar LA” or whatever he goes by these days lol, isn’t hogging the crime - light (or however the hair clip detectives put it these days haha).
    Never mind I’m sure he’ll recover soon 👍

How is your shoulder now?

Remember to rest 🤗

By the way any hair clip - donations gratefully received haha.

Have a good evening Toni and tc xx

Ps when the HD is teaching geometry xx

• bosh

hi toady

How are you today?

Remember, whatever the situation, no one’s making you drink fish tea or salmon- infused earl grey - ooks😱

Mum is ok thanks

I think LA’s made his card at school and BR made his at home.

At the end of Balzac the main character passed away unfortunately and my brain can’t remember masses of details to be honest lol, but I’m enjoying the lowbrow reading of the moment haha.

it’s really getting far too hot in here

So have a good night toady tc xx

👋 good night sandee too tc xx

• bosh

hi Toni

Sorry I almost forgot to confuse everyone lol

A “good morning, how are you? “ in advance

As am planning rise with the sun tomorrow (ok not literally lol) and go to group

bye for now Toni and everyone tc xx

Ps pic is tea and cake rusk, has anyone ever had cake rusk? It was a kind of sweet biscuit, popular in India but not sure where it originated.

• toady
    edited 23. Jul 2024, 22:08

Hi all, just a quick goodnight, everything got late & time ran out so I'm a bit like this now 😬

See you tomorrow have a good night all late owls & early risers 😘 xx