Val's Cafe

Comments

• sandeelilly
    sandeelilly Member Posts: 77

Hi All,

Sorry I have BIG boss in this week so do not have time to scratch! Hope you are all ok

Big hugs

Sandee xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,792

Morning Joan I hope you are well today. My shoulder 😕 up to 6 months he said!!! Were you and Toady talking about the person injured on Strictly? If you were I do think they push them far too fast. No-one should do some of the stuff they are doing in a matter of weeks/months. The book is just adorable😊 So cute I'm sure she'll love it. Take care Joan ((())) xxx

Morning Sandee I hope you are doing ok? The family too. Enjoying this weather, but probably it's already too dry over with you? Here we have had overnight rain which has kept things tolerable. Even so there's not much water left in my butts already😒((()))

Morning Reshmi

I can tell you are feeling better. I think you will be able to get to group today. I hope RR is there to make us laugh of at least 🙄🤭 and nice M with her Dad.

Hope your Mum's bs was stable again this morning.

You have not, please tell, me been reading Balzac😣 rather you than me. I have been reading 'The Thursday murder club' series. So simple, funny sweet and totally worth some of my life😊 Maybe 'Frog's day out' would be suitable next book for you to rest those brain cells.😁

Wherever they made their cards the boys did lovely jobs of them. I did however expect to see hairclips adhering to LA's!!!

It's nice BR gets to go to his own birthday bashes (soirées) now isn't it?

I've never tried cake rusks, but Reshmi I can get egg free Vegan ones!! I must try them I think don't you? They sound ideal with a cuppa. scrumdifferous indeed!

Shoulder must be improving by now even if it's taking it's time….

Loved the Pythagoras haircut. That would not be a good style for any of us though do not take the pic into the HD with you and give him any silly ideas😮

You take care and have a good day my friend ((())) xxx

Morning to a very busy Toady!

I hope you got to bed at a civilised hour and have had a restorative sleep leaving you feeling ready to face today?

Today might be a bit like that for me today.

Paul's line was almost not there yesterday so today he will be clear then we can sit in the same room again and not eat outside😊

Take care and Toad - before I go - any sign of any wildlife? I saw a rabbit in the garden yesterday, one cabbage white butterfly and a few molehills that's all.

breakfast casserole😋

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,094

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) Have a good day. We will have to see what happens about Strickly the pro’s just want to win. I still haven’t seen any butterflies. Try and have a quieter day today (())

Toni (()) that’s good Paul (()) is feeling better (()) 6 months is a long time managing with your arm (()) I hope it is improving a bit. It will be nice you and Paul eating together again. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day love to your mum(()) I hope she is well

Sandee (()) have a good day I hope the boss is good to you.

Colin (()) how are you and your wife doing (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,711

hi Toni

How are you this afternoon?

Mum is ok 👍

Group was ok

I got a grumpy dad lift back- organised by mum

bye for now tc xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,364
    edited 24. Jul 2024, 19:51

Hi all, I'm not really caught up on myself yet but gaining.. I think.. 😬

Bloods for me tomorrow then have to come back & pack a birthday present for the post, hopefully after that will get a quiet Fri & weekend 👍️ I did get to bed after I posted last night frog thanks & must do the same tonight, I tried to have an afternoon rest but a cold caller banged on the inner front door and made me jump like the dickens 😒 that's the trouble with leaving the front for post, you can't win, if you lock it some unexpected postie will turn up and he'll bang instead because he can't get in. Sorry I'm all behind with news now, will catch up properly soon 👋 btw the butterfly thing you can do now anytime 👍️ it's only that whenever I said in August is the cutoff. A cabbage white met me at the back doorstep yesterday! I was so pleased to see it 😄 kind of it to come & show itself. Not much else glad you had a 🐰😊. Hope everyone ok and glad Paul's on the mend :) xx

Hello Joan, I'm still a bit behind but should be better after tomorrow. GP for me but not too early and it looks dry at least for walking. Have seen one butterfly, so it's your turn now 🦋😊. I haven't been watching the dancing really but I saw the articles & headlines, and I know most of those involved from seeing it before, yes they're very competitive and push themselves hard too I'm sure, probably find it hard to turn that off but there's no excuse for treating people badly 😔.

Hi bosh, it looks like you have done the trick with the weather for me, fingers crossed; after tomorrow I will know how many buns and jelly babies I owe the littleys, all deals are off ofc if it buckets it down but you can trust me to give an honest statement of events 😉. I love 'the crime-light' btw, brilliant 💯😂. Sorry I'm all behind hope to be in soon once I've fended off the vampire nurse and all that, I'll be glad to come in for some restorative tea, very glad it won't be fishy. Interesting to hear what we're all reading, Sandee was trying to finish something too I forget what (oh it was the historical thing I think wasn't it), I've nothing on the go at the moment so do I go high or lowbrow 🤔 I will toss a coin and then stick a pin in an a-z and pick something, will let you know how that goes 😄. Glad you got to group and have a good evening :) xx p.s. another vote for the cake rusks, you can get some in al fresco not the ones Toni saw, but they sound really nice - will give them a go 😊.

Love to all, hope you are coping at work @sandeelilly, Friday is just around the corner hang on 😬👍️

'night everyone 😘 xx

• bosh

hi again Toni

Thanks, I’m definitely feeling a lot better today

Appetite is normal, though stomach is perhaps feeling slightly bloated at times.

It is worrying when we don’t feel hungry though isn’t it?

I went to the scone place but there seemed to be some kind of event going on, so it took a long time to be served, but never mind, I was feeling slightly full though, so I didn’t finish the earl grey -but it wasn’t scented with sea bass, so that’s the main thing lol.

Yes the Balzac is definitely something I spent too much time on overall, I agree, I did skip bits and didn’t concentrate fully, but who can blame me? 😂

I’m reading a nice light reading book now, but The Thursday Murder Club book series - I’ll bear that in mind- thanks for the recommendation 🙏

The bus stop was closed so I had a rather boiling unplanned morning walk 🥵

Never mind, these things happen of course,

I didn’t get to hear RR’s comments as I was sitting far away from him, I spoke to J the organiser

She said she was surprised to see me wearing a dress (with leggings and N/ Gena on legs lol) I said that it was so warm I was wearing my lightest clothing, well apart from my Dino- dressing gown - but that has been misappropriated by LA - along with the hair clips haha

Yesterday there was a big HV situation, basically dad was extremely nasty to mum who was just trying to do his tax return- she used to work in the tax office, the whole thing was very upsetting, poor mum, but today was a better day thank goodness 👍

I’m glad your shoulder is improving

BR has no temperature but is still not well enough for nursery yet aww - bless.

LA is enjoying football practice apparently- how many cheese sandwiches he ate afterwards- well only Lorenzo knows I guess (hold the tomato purée) 😂

Ok I’ll stop there Toni

Have a nice evening tc xx

ps this is a drama queen apparently- the drama king is BR’s big “brudder” of course xx

• bosh

hi Joan

How are you doing today?

Mum is doing ok today thanks 🙏

I’m not too bad at all thanks for asking

I hope you have a good evening/ night tc xx

• bosh

greetings toady

How are you?

Still rushed off your feet?

I was caught talking to myself in the Health food shop again. Oh dear😂

Well I can’t help it if people are so boring that they never have some chats mima - a - mima or whatever the phrase is lol

Have a good night toady tc xx

👋 Good night sandee too tc xx

• frogmorton
    edited 25. Jul 2024, 05:58

Morning Joan. I hope today the weather is ok with you? The forecast looks ok overcast but dry I think. We will all be thinking of you today and with you and Sue in spirit or possibly under Aidan's cloak of invisibility. Sending huge ((())) and love.

Take care Joan.

Moring Sandee

I hope everything is ok in Sandee's world? Work not been too and the boss as pleasant as a boss can be? Fingers crossed anyway. Today I am cleaning the motorhome (left handed) because it's the vegan festival this weekend.

Watch me come back the size of a house!!

Take care ((()))

Morning Reshmi

I hope you are well today odd you didn't fancy a scone yesterday that's a shame at least the tea didn't taste of fish🤣 Luckily Sleek didn't make you a catachinno they contain fish lost of smelly fish🤢

Glad you got to the group and it went well J if I remember is lovely. Shame you didn't hear any of RR's tall tales they do make me smile. Your Mum was very kind organising your 'taxi' even if the driver was a grumpy old man🤭You don't mind a walk which is lucky if the bus stop was closed. A major bridge is being repaired in town so we have no buses to our village AT ALL for 6 months isn't that outrageous? They only come to the main road anyway which is probably 20 minute walk from the village but still it was possible.

What a naughty boy BB is having a go at your Mum when she was only doing his tax returns? I mean I'd tell him to do his own with that attitude😠

Poor little BR I hope he is well enough for nursery today. LA is doing well at football then? Clearly doesn't take after BIL😉Well apart from his food addictions of course.

You might not enjoy the Thursday murder Club but it's nice fun light reading and not romance so I have enjoyed the series.

Have a good day Reshmi take care ((())) xxx

Morning Toady

Bless you you are getting back on top of things? You must have been tired to have a nap and then a cold caller? I'd have been furious😡 I do the same though leave the porch door unlocked.

Sleek says she will come over and either cuddle you to sleep or sit on the doorstep to prevent any unsolicited door bashing. Your choice she says, but we are going with Joan too all of us for Sue as well as your bloods so it will all need fitting in somehow.

Oh well done seeing a 🦋 such a relief! I do not have a buddleia so that is on my list for definite. I am trying to catch a fly (no I won't swallow it even though I will probably be considered an old lady by my Granddaughter! Obviously being vegan it's not good policy anyway 🤢

Vegan festival this weekend! Yippee! I will be back to feed Sleek though she need not fear.

Well very best of luck today at the vampire's hope it stays dry I think it will until about 6 so drink plenty to make it easier and squeeze the small paw which will be poking out of your 👜

• bosh

good morning Toni

Wppl xx

• toady

Morning all, will be off in a bit 👋

I wasn't sure yesterday if you had made a firm plan Joan so just to send a hug in case (()) 😘 will be back in cafe round 2 anyway will pop in xx

Thank you frog I have a fab vein for bloods they all love me so I'll be fine without extra fluids (I am more worried about the lavatory on these occasions and being a mile & a half walk from home!) but I will be very glad of the small paw 🐾😊 hope you are ok I didn't even ask yesterday 😳 but sorting out to go to vegan festival so feeling up to things I assume 👍️ not too much cleaning xx

Quick hi to bosh, my health food shop closed down, well 2 of them technically, so if I wish to talk to myself I shall have to do it in the street or the surgery 😬 have a good day 😊👋 xx

Hi to everyone kettle will be on the minute I get back ☕️ xx

• bosh

hi Toni

Mum and I are ok 👍

how is your shoulder?

Bit busy

Bye for now tc xx

Ps nasty M - ace pride coloured version lol xx

• bosh

good luck toady xx

• toady

Hi all 👋 thank you v much bosh, I got on fine, no dramas at the surgery apart from I got the receptionist who always manages to look like she can't find your appointment on the system and makes you think you're there on the wrong day/week/year 🙄😱 oh and I'd never been to the room before, bit of a rabbit warren 🐇, eek. I did catch myself talking to myself in the street in fact and now I think about it I do mutter to myself when I'm out more than I'm aware, well it's to myself technically, but more like a commentary on things like 'oh no not another silly barber shop' and 'poor old Co-op' when I went past the empty store. Anyway weather fine not a suspicion of rain & not too hot either so you can put in your bill 😄. Also I remembered to buy cream crackers thanks to the subliminal effect of talking about them in the cafe, see what an 'influencer' you are 😂. Btw I have to read a lowbrow book by an author beginning with T, according to my 'system', I thought you could browse catazon by A-Z but apparently not so I'm not sure how I'll work out the next stage 🤔. xx

Proper post later thinking of Joan 😘 xx

• bosh

hope all goes well Joan xx

• dachshund

We took sue this morning we went high up and there was a breeze then my friend went around in circles spraying her around.

Thank you for thinking of me. I hope you have all had a good day.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

hi Toni

How are you this evening?

I’m ok thanks just tired

But the temperatures were nice and comfortable today thanks 👍

I actually did have the scone, not all in one go though, I didn’t finish the tea though, although Sleek luckily didn’t prepare that particular pot of tea lol.

Someone used to mention shrimp - cappuccinos for her cat or something like that lol, was it Carol? Sorry I lose track now.

I like all sorts of books, so I’ll try those books you mentioned at some point, thanks.

You’re absolutely right, BB doesn’t deserve help from my mum with his tax return, but the problem is that he doesn’t trust mum and won’t pay an accountant, never mind he’ll “allow” mum to do the return soon I’m sure - but yes he’s becoming increasingly difficult.
    Yes BR went to nursery today thanks 🙏

LA likes football, whether he’s good at it I don’t know yet, but of course in his mind he’s the greatest footballer on the planet lol.

You’re right the only sport or exercise his dad takes part in these days is the 5 minute stroll to WR which involves buying and swigging a mountainous bottle of “Broke” to recover from it of course haha

Terrible about the buses Toni

I wouldn’t have minded the walk if I knew the bus situation in advance, it was already hot at that time, but never mind.

One really funny thing Toni, I went to the health food shop on Wednesday but it was so cold in there I was worried my leg would start hurting, so I didn’t stay there for long, but that’s not the main point, the funny thing was that I was trying to get to the dark choc section, but a customer was in the way nattering away on her phone, I politely asked if I could get passed, but just kept on talking and moved the tiniest bit, so only snails could squeeze by really, so I tried going the other way, which wasn’t practical in the end and I said to myself quietly, “ Ok, don’t move then” and one shelf - stocking girl looked at me like I’d just beamed down to Planet Earth with Spock or something like that, oh dear😂

But as I said to toady if no one talked to themselves, how incredibly boring things would be lol.

A quiet day here, but not too bad in the end.
    How is Paul doing?

Have a good night Toni tc xx

Ps I found this info on how to serve tea with scorn or scones or corn?? Well something like that anyway lol xx

• bosh

Hi toady

Glad you survived the vampire and the rabbit warren 👍

I told Toni the details of health food shop - gate or whatever the technical term is lol

Glad you also make some unladylike utterances on your constitutionals etc 😂

Yes you can send me the invoice, I promise not to shred it lol.

Ah yes, Im a cream cracker influencer, well I can now foresee that 22 karat dark chocolate bars await in my future, whether I should eat them or stuff them under the mattress I’m yet to work out haha.

I hope your blood test results are ok.

Have a good night toady tc xx

👋 you’re welcome Joan, I’m glad the day went well for you 🤗tc xx

👋night sandee tc xx

Ps toady - owl - related info - must be true I guess 😂😂xx

• toady
    edited 25. Jul 2024, 21:08

Hi again, haven't been able to get in for part of the evening, that unexpected server error thing that keeps popping up for me, but for longer than normal 🤔 so just a quick goodnight as I must get off to bed now, busy day (still have to stick the label on may parcel & put the bin out.. 😬).

Sorry I missed my chance to do a part 2 and catch up with you frog, should be a quiet day tomorrow 🤞back then. 'Any wildlife' you said yesterday, how about a hedgehog?!! 🦔😀 details to follow and a fuzzy but identifiable pic 😊. Have a good night, love to all :) xx

Well done Joan I shall think of you being up high up, a lovely thought 🌥️ and really a very nice day, if it was like it was here you chose well 😘 take care see you tomorrow in the cafe for a pot of tea xx

See you tomorrow too bosh, thanks I'll be seeing rheumy sometime so bloods will get discussed then, I won't ring for the results if they don't ring me. Have a good day tomorrow and any early morning walks etc :) 👋 xx

Sleep well all 😴 xx

• frogmorton

Good Morning Joan i am so glad it all went well up there for Sue. I rather think it sounded lovely and a really perfect place for her to rest now. You can visit her any time you want to. Well done sending some extra ((((())))) today xxx

Morning Sandee I do hope everything is ok with you and yours Sandee and that nothing is wrong. Take care thinking of you ((()))

Morning Reshmi

Hope you and your lovely Mum are ok today.

Honestly your Dad is just so silly if he can't do his own tax return and he won't pay an accoutant and your Mum is perfectly capable🙄 I would love her to do mine if I had to do one.

I am so glad to hear that BR was well enough for nursery I bet he was happy to be back. Of course LA will play football for England when he is 17 (and a Grandad/scientist/etc etc) we will all remember how he loved playing as a little boy😊

I mutter to myself in shops too. Usually things like ' where have they moved (add random item here), why do they always move things?!' It's normal and Toady sounds like she does as well😂 Sometimes someone will reply in agreement of course. Hope you got your dark chocolate?

Paul is all better now thank you for asking l forgot to say he tested clear on Wednesday.

Good job BIL doesn't live here there being no buses or WR within walking distance. He woudl easily need 2 2 litre bottles of broke to get anywhere.

Have a good day Reshmi ((()) xxx

Morning Toady

Well done you! All bled dry with excellent veins. That's good extra drinks do often necessitate extra trips to the lavatory🚽 Just one slightly dippy receptionist to get past and a maze. Sleek said she knew the way though?

That little paw is all anyone needs in times of stress.

I bet the dogs have been looking after our Joan the same.

Did you say a hedgehog?! WOW WOW WOW!!!!! Yes please fuzzy or not I want to see him😊

I hope you slept a nice restorative sleep and today you have a good day😊

(vegan) bacon butty anyone?

• sandeelilly
    sandeelilly Member Posts: 77

Good Morning you gorgeous lot x

@toady All good sweetheart just been a mental week with the big boss here from AD, Long week and long weekend to come! I'm taking my Best mate to see Les Mis tomorrow I still cannot believe she has not seen it lol then Sunday up to Blackheath for Mr's appointment with Madness lol.

Vegan festivals sound dangerous! I am very sorry I like the occasional burger so being a Vegan would be too hard for me although I am more Vegetarian now seem to live on Pasta and fish lol You have a wonderful time and try not to stuff yourself lol xxxxx

@dachshund @frogmorton @bosh I am sorry been MIA this week I hope things have not been too stressful this week big hugs and have a great weekend

Luv u all xxxxx

• bosh

good morning Toni

Wppl xx

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) sorry about your internet. It seems a thing at the moment everyone I know have to have a blood test and be weighed and measured I have to go on the 27 of this month. Good luck with your parcels. Yes sue is in a placed she liked going. Have a good day

Toni (()) sorry about your arm (()) 6 months is a long time when you can’t use something. Have a good day. Yes sue is in a good place it won’t get muddy there. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) yes I know what it’s like people go deaf when they are talking on their phones. Love to your mum (())

Sandee (()) have a good time when you go to the shows. Nice to treat yourself you deserve it.
    Colin (()) love to you and your wife (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

hi Toni

How are you doing this afternoon?

Nice inebriated gnomes lol

Mum is ok 👍

I’m not too bad thanks Toni

The cleaners have come earlier today

Yes dad doesn’t like to admit that he’s not an expert in everything lol.

Yes very good that BR is well

Indeed - LA footballer at 17, grandad at 18 - or something like that 😂

Fair enough- no sin in public muttering haha

I didn’t actually get the dark chocolate as they were re - stocking etc so the only way to reach the chocolate area was to lose so much weight that I could squeeze passed the rude lady like a snail, so I left it that day, may get some online at some point though 👍

That’s great about Paul 🤗

I agree about bill - the very idea of him even attempting to get the bus like a commoner - oh dear - I think I’ll train him to become his own maid, to serve us tea and scones without scorn, frilly apron and hat very much prerequisites lol.

Ablutions time now on Formality Friday

My skin is feeling dry as a cream cracker.

Have a good afternoon Toni tc xx

Ps GI Physio has stolen all the bananas lol xx

• bosh

hi Joan

How are you this Friday?

Mum and I are ok 👍

Thanks, yes, people get so obsessed with phones, I once said to a friend, “ What were you obsessed with before mobiles? I remember that time clearly”, he said, “You’re not that old”, I couldn’t convince him that I very much am, but never mind lol.

Have a great Friday afternoon/ evening Joan and take care xx

Ps I saw this image of Moroccan tea time, not sure what the sweets are exactly though xx