Ok bye for now Toni tc xx

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,711
    edited 29. Jul 2024, 13:59

hi Toni

How are you this afternoon?

Mum is ok 👍

Her diabetes appointment went well thanks

I’m ok too thanks neck is slightly stiff, hot shower helped a lot bit still a little bit of stiffness left

But don’t worry I’m being careful

Yes EF are leaving for the holiday tonight 👍

Ok I’ll try not to natter on too much due to the neck

Have a great afternoon Toni tc xx

Ps if GI Joe taught maths lol xx

• bosh

hi Toni

Sorry I lost one post

Then I re - posted lol

This hot weather is terrible isn’t it?

It must be really hot in the motor home

Yes that lady feeds her daughter doughnuts cakes etc for breakfast all the time 😱

Ok bye for now tc xx

Ps some vegan custard tarts for you, but maybe not for Paul lol xx

• bosh

hi Joan

How are you?

Mum and I are ok today thanks 🙏

Her diabetes appointment went well 👍

That’s good that you can ring the care line if you need to

Have a nice afternoon tc xx

• bosh

greetings toady

How are you this horrendously hot day?

“Crackers and cheese” - yes that must have a secret meaning

Maybe the mummy of the LA the Catazon delivery driver said to him, “You need to say thank you and please, otherwise I will take your van’s keys and give you toady’s unwashed hankie every time you sneeze” 😂

Ok bye for now
    Being careful with slightly stiff neck

Tc xx

Ps glad I’m no artist lol xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,364
    edited 29. Jul 2024, 21:08

Hi all, just a quick line, better get off to bed earlyish while it's hot and maximise the chances of getting some sleep at one end of the night or the other 😬 really v stuffy.

Love to all frog and especially to small cats that are very hard done by 😾 oh dear hope it went ok, what is the full course of injections remind me please? So glad yours is helping as much as it is, careful with the physio and hope all goes well. Glad you came home with some nice tshirts & 'merch' 😀. Thank you for the bao bun they look super (and quite substantial!) Yes being at the vegan talks & among like-minded company must have been very gratifying, I can imagine 😊, there's something quite destabilising about being among very unlikeminded people en masse, I start to feel like I'm becoming less & less real, if you know what I mean. Luckily life is a reasonable mix most of the time. I have been a bit mad-dog in the garden again today but time is somewhat of the essence, as well as the weather, appts and workmen will start to creep up on me soon 😱 I am cracking through my jobs though 👍️. Yes plenty of water out it goes down so quickly! Oh I have a poppy out today. Look forward to garden pics; have a good night :) xx

Hope you have a good night too Joan, how annoying your windows aren't handy, mine are those secondary glazed inside sort so they are a bit awkward too I go to open them and forget I've slid the inner ones up one end or the other. I would worry about getting moths in at night etc anyway. Good to have the careline very handy 👍️ :) xx

Quick hi to bosh, some great pictures today 😂 love the carful of cabbages and that snail is brilliant. I will have a vegan custard tart please and Joan probably will she likes one too. Toni's Kari will understand all about the art supplies and pain, I really love art supplies I just don't particularly want to do any art, too many possibilities! Hope EF got off on their hols ok no holdups & hanging around I hope, and they have a good time. Glad your mum's appt went well and hope she has a good day tomorrow, you too, less stiff neck. Yes the crackers & cheese has inner significance obviously, if I try saying it to the next Catazon driver I get and he looks alarmed, then we'll know it extends beyond just LA, it's the whole fleet. Mind you that might not be why he looks alarmed 😂😂. Have a good night it's rather stifling isn't it 😬 take care 👋 :) xx

Love to sandeelilly, Colin and anyone absent 😘 xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,792
    edited 30. Jul 2024, 05:46

Good morning Joan hope you are well this morning? MOT tomorrow at the Drs for you - what time? I have quickly gone on FB and sent my love too Carol. It was Cookie her cat same name as one of Aidan's. I am starting my physio exercises again I think do you think that's a good idea for my shoulder? I can't remember what he said. Have a good day and keep cool if you can ((())) xxx

Morning Sandee I hope you are doing ok and coping ok with the heat. Sending you some ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi How are you ? Has your neck eased a bit? I wonder what set if off again for you🤔 I know you'll be being sensible. Glad to hear your Mum's appt went well. It should she is very good managing her diabetes.

I take it EF got off ok and expect they either will or already have let your Mum know that they had arrived safely and the hotel is up to BIL's standards.

I love GI Joe's math's lesson! so funny!

It is hot, very hot and a good job we are home because motorhomes do overheat as you said. We do have air conditioning in it so we can cool it down if we need to and it's really good air-conditioning too. I'm glad we are at home with a roof and walls! Still I have opened every window here to cool things down early while temps are at their lowest.

Thanks for the cakes I promise not to feed then to any small children or husbands🤣

I am copying the art supplies and pain pic for Kari!!!

Take care Reshmi and look after your neck ((())) xxx

Morning Toady hope all is well at Toad's?

All is getting better here.

It was a burst pipe in the ceiling (loft above) the bathroom.

Imagine 5 minutes ago I was at the festival with nothing to worry about now this!🙄 Still at least we found it as you can see it was ready to burst😮

Sleek's arthritis injections (biologics) are every month so this is it now every single month the poor wee girl. But they do seem to be helping. She is out more and able to jump easier too. She is also washing herself more often too apart from her back so I am still brushing her fur there for her. Apparently if the arthritis plays up in winter we can ask for them slightly more often. That's good to know.

I know exactly what you mean about being in large numbers of people with firm views being de-stabilising! Being at VCO was so affirming made me well-up. Bao buns are extremely filling the portion size was far too much, but Paul was happy to share! Apparently he is on a 'diet' now he isn't happy with his weight. I will support him from my end for definite.

Did you enjoy your mad-dog day in the garden mostly watering late? I didn't manage much as i did have workmen😕 but as you can see it was absolutely necessary! Today the hole needs filling🙄 When are yours coming?

I just got the one photo for you the Gay Feather which will get even prettier i think as more of the 'feathers' come out:

Have a lovely day Toad and be careful out there!

• sandeelilly
    sandeelilly Member Posts: 77

Morning All,

I hope you are all surviving the heat! it is killing me lol, I was off yesterday as I Knackered myself at the weekend, I really need to realise I cannot do what I used to! BOOOOOOOOOOOO Les Mis had me in tears AGAIN! it's my third time but it gets me every time lol skipped Madness as I was in too much pain, back to work now even though I could easily sleep the whole day.

Hope you all have a great day and stay cool

Luv Sandee xxx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,094

Good morning everyone

Toady (()) why do they always put windows above the sink. We have locks on our’s I don’t know why. Have a good day they say heavy rain on Thursday.

Toni (()) yes perhaps if you did the physio gently it would stop your shoulder going stiff or ache. My appointment is 9 30 I will leave about 9 00. I was told if Lexi’s back leg’s go that would be it. She’s not on injections. Sorry about your pipe. Have a good day. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day your mum does so well (())

Sandee (()) that’s good you enjoyed yourself have a good day

Colin (()) how are you love to your wife (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

morning Toni

How are you?

Mum’s ok 👍

Therapy appointment soon

Wppl xx

• frogmorton

Best of Luck Reshmi with you therapy appt🤞

Joan I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. I expect they think Lexi's back would be the problem if her legs go. I do know there is a dog version of Sleek's injections though. No harm asking is there?((())) xxx

Sandee good to see you. I am so sorry you couldn't manage Madness as well as Les Mis😕 Take it easy and yes great before and after shift pictures😃

See you all later

Toni x

• bosh

hi Toni

Mum is ok 👍

Thanks, yes she is very good at managing her diabetes indeed

My neck is a lot better thanks

I think yesterday it was mainly bad sleep posture that caused it

The therapy appointment went ok too thanks,

It’s just a shame the timings are so odd, it was at 11.00 am, so I walked very early this morning

EF are now in Portugal enjoying dubiously infused hot drinks thanks lol

Both LA and BR are very excited indeed, I saw a photo of them eating what looked like pizza and chips in the airport and there’s a close up of someone flexing his very skinny biceps, but if you investigate further, you can see a cute little LA with slightly plump little boy - cheeks pretending to be an adulk bodybuilder lol.

BR is also really happy looking with wide eyes all around him.
    I’m glad you are at home now where it’s more comfortable.

I see, you will distribute vegan pastry treats with care lol.

That did make me laugh when you said Paul got sunburnt by eating in the sun lol, that’s just the kind of thing bill would do, then he’ll say to my sis, “ That’s your fault, why didn’t you pack sun cream for me? Also where are my C*lpol and nappies?” Haha

There’s “Betsy” dark choc vegan bakery cake in the house now, oh dear I just need to mix in some sun cream and it’s perfect summer snack lol.

It is nasty sweltering heat isn’t it today?

If it stays like this I’ll probably not to the group tomorrow, unless maybe if I start really early, I’m not sure yet.
    I hope you have a good afternoon too Toni tc xx

Ps saw this vegan dessert on “Bin - Terest” - looks tasty xx

• bosh
    edited 30. Jul 2024, 17:32

hi Joan

How are you this very hot day?

Thanks about mum 👍

She’s ok today thanks

I’m not too bad thanks

Have a good evening tc xx

Ps earl grey tea - possibly 😂 xx

• bosh

hi toady

Is it hot enough for you? lol

Mum and I are ok 👍

I see, so “crackers and cheese” may have universal significance - oh dear

What happens on Catazon prime days I wonder?
    In honour of Prime the drivers get free cordial of lime,

But if they steal jelly baby- parcels they will indeed be “doing time”

“Crackers and cheese” means “CZ Boss, remember to pay me overtime please,

Yes that’s right, time and a half

What do you mean you’re paying me the juniors’ rate? Im an 18 year old grandfather, don’t make me laugh!”

• bosh

hi sandee

How was your shift?

Have a good night tc xx

• toady
    edited 30. Jul 2024, 22:07

Hi all, ooh I seem to have done two and a half days' work but I can't see a lot to show for it 🤷‍♀️ oh well there must be something surely.

Omg frog noooo not another terrible thing to befall your plumbing 😫 how did you discover it if it hadn't actually 'gone'? Ominous drip? I can't believe it I really can't 🙄 poor you, as you say nice quiet weekend and then this. Hope it's all done & tidied soon 🤞 anything that needs to dry out should be ok at least. I shall stop saying 'hope all's well with you', it doesn't seem to be having the desired effect 😬. Very warm day indeed, too hot for the garden really, just watering and topping up the birds' (& hedgehog if passing) water. I went out through the utility today and (back door already being open) a butterfly flew out so must have already been indoors! Too quick for me to see what type but definitely something coloured! Other than that just housework, not even the ready for workmen sort, I wandered off to other jobs somehow 🤔 I don't know when they're coming but I have given them the final nod so the timer has started ticking 😬😱 prob will want to come with 5 mins notice, but at least they can't start without me, as it's work round the back, not like the gutter people who just turned up ad hoc & started putting ladders up that time 😱. So sorry I lost the thread of Sleek's injections, because ofc being the type they are it's not just a run of treatment, I mean it's the sort of thing I'm on in effect, you'd think I'd know only too well 🙄. But of course 'we' don't discuss such things so that's my excuse 😳🤫. Hope she (and you all) are not finding the heat too trying 😽. The 'Gay Feather' is lovely, thank you, such a sweet fuzzy pink 😊 hope you get lots. Love to all & have a good night :) xx

Hello Joan, ooh yes windows, you're right, why do they! I can't open mine above the kitchen sink, just the one to the side, but it's the small one you want open for a little breeze; having the big one open is too much, anything more than the slightest draught & things start blowing around 🙄. Good luck for your checkup tomorrow we will all be 'there' 👍️ I haven't heard about the rain but there must be some coming I fear 😣 hope there's none tomorrow anyway. Have a good night :) xx

Hi bosh, I am several varieties of crackered tonight, enough for a small cheese board anyway 😣 I love the 'slid off your cracker' gag, how v appropriate good find 😂. Yes the theme does seem to be an underlying one, surprising it's not one of the 7 basic universal literary themes they talk about, must have somehow slipped the list, good job you are here to fly the flag for crackers & cheese poetry 👍️😄. It is too hot for me I concede today, will be glad to get to bed, & I might be able to eventually, when I finish making it and putting the duvet cover on 😬. Do you think I might be able to persuade that little Dalek to bring a spot of breakfast on his tea tray in the morning? Rather sweet in his 'pinny', not a word you expect to use. I remember that ep of Dr Chew well with the teapot btw, very good, I can even tolerate James C in it and I don't say that very often 😉. Glad EF arrived safely and hope they're having fun; pizza and chips at the airport, nice 👍️. Have a good night and maybe it will cool off enough for group for you 🤞 :) xx

Hi @sandeelilly boom & bust for you today then, yes blah to having to know your limitations, 😕 sometimes you have to just do stuff & pay don't you. Hope it doesn't seem too tough the rest of the week at work, Wednesday tomorrow not tooo long to go. Have a good night :) xx

Love to all 😘 xx

• frogmorton

Morning Joan good luck this morning I'm sure you'll do well and the Drs will be very pleased with you apart from the hip of course. Take care and glad it's morning while it's cooler. ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi

Hope you and your Mum are well today. Glad the therapy session went ok.

Good luck getting to the group earlier if you do while it's cooler.

How totally adorable BR with his big wide eyes going on his holiday. I bet the staff on the plane loved him he is so sweet. They'd find LA funny too because he will absolutely charm them☺️Eating pizza at the airport is fine Paul always has an eggs benedict at the airport it's his own special tradition🙄bless….

I can imagine BIL eating in the sun in Portugal too Reshmi. Now I suggested Paul put lotion on before we even left the motorhome. I did! I mean honestly. Yes he needed after sun and not quite calpol but not far off😁

Those little east African sweets look yum don't they?

Please do not send those 'waiters' you sent to Joan with the earl grey I am terrified of them!😣

It was so hot last night wasn't it? What can you do just survive as best you can. Try to keep cool Reshmi ((())) xxx

Morning Sandee what do you look like now? Hmm?

Hope you are ok and work not too bad ((()))

Morning Toady

Yes the ceiling could have collapsed we did not see it just a little bubbling on ceiling paintwork which I blamed on steam from the shower. Closer inspection by workmen spotted 'bowing' then realised it was actually wet!

All 'fixed' now I feel so lucky! If that had carried on it could have brought the whole ceiling down! Still it's done now just got to dry out then be repainted 😊

I don't like being given 5 minutes notice either means you have to always be 'tidy'🙄 who on earth wants to be tidy?😯🤭 Gosh no someone in my garden doing my guttering when I didn't know they were there?! Scary!!!!

Sleek's jabs are similar to yours yes once a month except I don't do them for her no HAH visits for me VET trips instead. They certainly seem to help her; she's jumping up on the back of the sofa, she's outside more yes I am very pleased so far. Wish I knew whether she felt queasy or any other side effect though. If she says anything to you please do let me know!

I only watered everything yesterday too. Best to not be a mad dog just now. The Gay feather is lovely there is potential for loads of them. We will be eating wonky cucumber tonight 😊 A butterfly in the hoose?! Wow glad it got outside and good to know it was a coloured one too.

Zoom in on these baby coos on ma walk yesterday

the 'young coos' a bit older than these 3 were chewing my jeans and licking my hands I just love them all☺️

Have a good day.

A quick hello👋 to anyone else who pops by

• sandeelilly
    sandeelilly Member Posts: 77

Morning All,

@toady @frogmorton more like

Lol, It is a choice for sure but I know I am going to pay but I cannot give up life, not yet anyway that day will come for sure but I am only in my early 50s, and I still have life to live! ( even if I feel like death afterwards lol). I am sorry you are having issues with the plumbing I hope it gets sorted soon.

Poor Sleek hope she is getting better I hate it when our "babies" are ill

Have a great day all keep hydrated and enjoy the sun

Sandee x

• toady

Morning all 👋 just getting the tea things and the Nice biscuits out for when Joan gets back ☕ - see you all later 😊 xx

• bosh

• bosh

hi Toni

Mums is ok bs - wise 👍

But she’s in a strop, not really surprising in this heat.

I did sleep ok eventually thanks

But I did have to relocate to the cold room about 5 am or something like that

Didn’t venture outside today though

Nice crumpets

Yes EF are enjoying Portugal, but when they leave the great lobster - coffee famine will begin again for the natives

Nice crumpets 👍

Sorry I forgot about the Darleks

Have a nice afternoon Toni tc xx

Ps when the professors ask LA about dinos, or something like that lol xx

• toady

Hi again 😊 jolly warm again especially indoors and upstairs, which is where I am, so more fool me 🤪 still it's such fab weather for washing etc, it does me no end of a tonic to fetch linesful of lovely things in that would still be there long after, any other time of year.

Good to see the plastered ceiling frog, I am still horrified for you 😔 the thought of someone having to tell you it was wet 😣, and bowing, I did not like that at all 😱 so glad you were saved worse. I still think we should have evolved a different sort of building where so much of the stuff that has it in for you, plumbing & elecs and all that, aren't hidden away plotting and not really accessible. Do you remember how Noddy built his house of a box of bricks when he first moved to Toyland, that's all I ever wanted house-building & maintenance to be like 🤭🏡 oh if only. He could probably even tidy up quickly too, yes I do not want to be on my mettle at peak tidiness just for whenever, not even an ambition of mine at any time particularly as you say, who wants it 😄. Thank you for the dear coos 😍 what a lovely, lovely pic 😊 I have zoomed. Beautiful, I still don't think I'd quite have the nerve for close contact, but I'm glad that you do. Must go for a walk to see mine too, it's been too hot in the day and never quite right any other time, I'll be as pale as Paul is pink 😬 (I hope he is less so now!). Yes do hope Sleek doesn't feel iffy from the jabs, even if very mild hopefully not and less so as her system adjusts 🤞 if she happens to say anything I will pass it on 😽. Enjoy the wonky cucumber, I had broad beans & the purple peas in their pods today with (non home grown) carrots, not much produce around now but runner beans to come and toms I hope. Have a good evening hope everyone well :) xx

Hello again to Joan hope everything was straightforward 👋 xx

Yes @sandeelilly I quite agree about not giving up & giving in, it's a definite balancing act but getting the RA made me nervous of not using what faculties I do have, imagine being very well-behaved in the hope it would pay off down the line, just to get nobbled by something else 😱. That's where I blame covid for closing a few of the doors that the RA had left open 🙄 hey ho. Have a good evening 👋 :) xx

Waves to bosh, see you later on, I am going to cave in and have the afternoon rest option and hope it perks me up a bit later 🤞catch you then :) xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,094

Evening everyone

Thank you everything went alright this morning I weighed 9 stone 4 pound. I said I don’t feel like eating much she said have a milkshake that’s good. I’ve waited in for the man to fix the box on the wall for careline he was coming yesterday but someone phoned 5 minutes before and said he had a fever. Now it’s Monday i as my neighbour to look out for him so I can take the dogs for a walk. so I’m going to town tomorrow as Friday I have to take my boots up the hospital for a check up ( they made then for me )

Toni I as the vet about the injection she said it wouldn’t help because it wouldn’t stop it happening. I hope you all had a good day my neighbour said he had a magpie in is garden the 11 years he’s lived there he’s never seen one before. Xx

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

hi toady

Sorry you were many varieties of cracked last night.
    This heat is nasty for trying to sleep in isn’t it?

I also know what mean about getting so tired it’s hard to move to a cooler location

Very frustrating indeed.

I declare this Wilting Wednesday 🥀

Just hope I’m not in need of the smelling salts lol

I must admit there is vegan dark choc cake in the fridge- but I’m glad there are no builders around to share it with lol

Mum is in a mood today, I think it could very understandably be the weather

Her bs was ok though 👍

One good thing is that her room stays cool in the heat generally, in the winter it’s so cold in her room i put a thermal vest on even with the heating on, but she doesn’t feel the cold like me and at least it’s very comfortable for her in this season which is good

Ok i looked online at some female etiquette guidelines, not Edwardian, but could have been, apparently for us mere incompetent ladies, the auspicious day for hair - washing is Thursday, whatever that means lol, also nails should be perfected on Fridays, I’m not sure mine are ever “perfected” and by Saturday, we should look so beautiful that are fictitious spouses should condescend to take us out for a meal, whether a Kangaroo takeaway of cabbages and vegan nuggets would be acceptable, I’m afraid I have no idea 🤷‍♀️

Have as good an evening as possible toady and tc xx

ps some product placement now from “get on your bike- ee” 😂xx

• bosh

hi Joan

How are you?

That’s a good idea about milkshakes,

I love milkshakes too, but I’m a bit overweight so I can’t have too many.

That’s nice that the neighbour is looking out for the repair man.

Have a good night Joan and tc xx

👋good night sandee too, hope you don’t resemble a burnt doll at the moment lol tc xx

ps smiling blood test nurse in another form lol xx