Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• chris8
    chris8 Member Posts: 57
    Options
    Hi @YvonneH hope you're well :) seen your Jumanji post and had to comment as I've seen neither the original or remake film, that's a must now, on this self isolation to do list :)
    Hello @dachshund my Weekend is going ok thus far thank you, the days all seem to roll into the same though at present haha anyways how's your going and hows the weather in Swindon? (Sure you said you was from Swindon?) Well hope you did :)
    Hi @kathleenT how's things? It was lovely that YNWA post but I am biased as I'm a Liverpool fan so any excuse to hear You'll Never Walk Alone! :)
    Hello too @barbara12 hope your ok, no I've not been Bolton for ages and didnt know about Eaterys at the Market Hall. Never know, if I do get able to head over post lockdown I might have to give them a try :) Wow at you having both Hips replaced to at Wrightington oh and the spine injections too you said, hope your ok, it's certainly a well regarded place for sure..
    Anyway time to hopefully get a few hours sleep and read some of your replies later in the morning... :)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,480
    Options

Yorkshire Tea for Chris8!

soon sorted! We only have yorkshire tea in this house too it's the tastiest. Oooh an Alexa show coming! Do let us know how it is I bet it's great if my Alexa is anything to go by. I always have the radio on or if not that an audio book. Telly on on in the evening in this house :) That Tuneln looks good (googled it) hope there's a way of getting in in my husband's van blimey we can never get anything often resort to my phone ๐Ÿ™„

Bit of Brummie for you well 'Black Country' (after the mines) "We'm going dowern the towern for soom browen shoowes"

Yvonne yes I think it might be the longer posts as you probably know I do talk for England

Please do thank Bryn for sorting out the glitches and tell him his 'up' button is great clever boy!

Send those Easter eggs I am certain they won't care what state they are in they'll taste as good! Nice idea sending something to each set of Gchildren every 2 weeks they won't forget their Grandies anyway!

My niece used to do Scarlett's trick! She had a penguin favourite toy and she would leave it behind so she had to come back. She moved into her own house recently with her own baby ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

• frogmorton
    edited 19. Apr 2020, 06:38
    Options

Started doing it's trick again so splitting my posts...

Joan Captain Tom is a real hero 23 million now! ((())) for you and Sue and ((())) for Peppa and Lexi too xxx

Kath thank you for the poem...yes sitting waiting. Not nice Lucy's next check up is 30th april (mine and Captain Tom's birthday!) but I expect it to be cancelled. Might ring them this week to see what the plan is.

Good to hear dad and Anita are well and that Anita will see Dad with his shopping too. Did he get his meal from his club again?

Trying to keep this post short due to sticking issue.... sorry. Sleek is going to stroke your cheek to keep the neuralgia at bay ((()))

Barbara I'm sort of glad it's not just me having sticking pages on here so fristrating! I am thinking of typing it on word first if it's a time thing...

Your eldest GD probably loves her parcels and letters they need to know we and home are always here for them I think. Chris8 won't know that you brought all your GDs up except for the wee one Niamh.

It is amazing how we occupy ourselves isn't it? Yesterday though it was so cold and wet...we lit the fire and ate too much

Love as always to mig and Carol

Healthier breakfast today

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,952
    Options

Good morning everyone

this is driving me mad when I'm writing on her Draft comes up at it says saved and the time then script comes up down in the task bar saying the page is not working and I have to take it away as anyone had this.

Chris8 yes we are in Swindon. we have sun today rain yesterday (((((())))

Toni I hope Lucy's appointment is not cancelled but if it is I hope its not too long for her (((()))) love to Paul (((())

Tia ((()))Charley ((())) and you neighbour ((()))

Love to Barbara (((()))Kathleen ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((())) Yvonne (((())) Bill and Mandy (((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Daily Poem I had to post this, I know it's about WW2 but could also be about Covid19.

September 1, 1939

W. H. Audenย - 1907-1973

I sit in one of the dives

On Fifty-second Street

Uncertain and afraid

As the clever hopes expire

Of a low dishonest decade:

Waves of anger and fear

Circulate over the bright

And darkened lands of the earth,

Obsessing our private lives;

The unmentionable odour of death

Offends the September night.

Accurate scholarship can

Unearth the whole offence

From Luther until now

That has driven a culture mad,

Find what occurred at Linz,

What huge imago made

A psychopathic god:

I and the public know

What all schoolchildren learn,

Those to whom evil is done

Do evil in return.

Exiled Thucydides knew

All that a speech can say

About Democracy,

And what dictators do,

The elderly rubbish they talk

To an apathetic grave;

Analysed all in his book,

The enlightenment driven away,

The habit-forming pain,

Mismanagement and grief:

We must suffer them all again.

Into this neutral air

Where blind skyscrapers use

Their full height to proclaim

The strength of Collective Man,

Each language pours its vain

Competitive excuse:

But who can live for long

In an euphoric dream;

Out of the mirror they stare,

Imperialism's face

And the international wrong.

Faces along the bar

Cling to their average day:

The lights must never go out,

The music must always play,

All the conventions conspire

To make this fort assume

The furniture of home;

Lest we should see where we are,

Lost in a haunted wood,

Children afraid of the night

Who have never been happy or good.

The windiest militant trash

Important Persons shout

Is not so crude as our wish:

What mad Nijinsky wrote

About Diaghilev

Is true of the normal heart;

For the error bred in the bone

Of each woman and each man

Craves what it cannot have,

Not universal love

But to be loved alone.

From the conservative dark

Into the ethical life

The dense commuters come,

Repeating their morning vow;

"I will be true to the wife,

I'll concentrate more on my work,"

And helpless governors wake

To resume their compulsory game:

Who can release them now,

Who can reach the deaf,

Who can speak for the dumb?

All I have is a voice

To undo the folded lie,

The romantic lie in the brain

Of the sensual man-in-the-street

And the lie of Authority

Whose buildings grope the sky:

There is no such thing as the State

And no one exists alone;

Hunger allows no choice

To the citizen or the police;

We must love one another or die.

Defenceless under the night

Our world in stupor lies;

Yet, dotted everywhere,

Ironic points of light

Flash out wherever the Just

Exchange their messages:

May I, composed like them

Of Eros and of dust,

Beleaguered by the same

Negation and despair,

Show an affirming flame.

Toni, thank Sleek for me, and give her a gentle peck. Her stroking has completely cured my Neuralgia. ๐Ÿ˜˜ I loved the croissant, coffee and fruit. A proper Continental Breakfast, thank you.

Jan, yes that happens to me all the time when posting on here. Most annoying.

Chris, I'm pleased you enjoyed the clip. I remember when Gerry and the Pacemakers had a hit with it in the 1960s. I loved "Ferry Across the Mersey" and "Don't let the sun catch you crying" too.

Yvonne, top marks to Glyn for sorting out the glitches. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Spiced vegetable couscous

INGREDIENTS

2-3 teaspoons olive oil

1 small onion, sliced

1 small red pepper, seeded and sliced

1 clove garlic, crushed

4 (level) tsp plain flour

1/2 teaspoon each ground coriander, ground cumin and hot chilli powder, or to taste

250ml (9fl oz) vegetable stock (preferably homemade)

1 tablespoon tomato purรฉe

225g (8oz) frozen broccoli and cauliflower florets

115g (4oz) frozen sliced carrots

85g (3oz) frozen peas

Freshly ground black pepper, to taste

125g (4 1/2oz) couscous

1. Heat 2 teaspoons of the olive oil in a non-stick saucepan. Add onion, red pepper and garlic; cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour and ground spices; cook gently for 1 minute, stirring.
    2. Gradually stir in stock; bring to the boil, stirring. Stir in tomato purรฉe and frozen vegetables; season with black pepper. Bring back to the boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are cooked and tender, stirring occasionally.
    3. Meanwhile, put couscous in a bowl; pour over 200ml (7fl oz) boiling water and stir. Cover and leave to soak for about 5 minutes or until water is absorbed (or prepare couscous according to packet instructions). Stir black pepper (and remaining oil, if desired) into couscous. Spoon couscous onto warmed serving plates; spoon vegetable mixture on top. Serve.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• chris8
    Options
    Good evening @frogmorton hows your day been? Wow you was up early this morning, just noticed the time on your earlier post :) That Echo Show arrived (aka that Alexa thing) Haha and yes its actually a decent bit of kit, can watch Films via Amazon prime and read on it also, plus also the music and radio things, and that's just the basics apparently you can add 'Skills' on to it also to further enhance it. Just be wary though, I turned it up to 10 (full volume) as a tester and think the whole neighbourhood heard haha no seriously though it can be loud turned up, I have mine no higher than volume 6 lol totally agree with the Yorkshire tea also, as they say 'A proper brew' haha so good choice there :)
  • chris8
    Options
    Hello also everyone else and @dachshund glad you had some Sun today, it's been quite nice too but drops a bit at night, usually put the heating on for 15 min just so keep the chill off :)
    hi also @kathleenT glad you like Gerry and the Pacemakers :) I used to travel to Liverpool quite regularly amd I like it there, Liverpool one shopping outlet is fantastic too! Next time I do get around to visiting maybe I will do that Ferry across the Mersey :) oh and @frogmorton again no I didnt know @barbara12 brought up all of the GD. As I say some awesome people on here! Hope your well Barbara and enjoying your evening! :)
  • frogmorton
    Options

Joan yes I have been having that problem it's the autosave system, but Brynmor one of the staff has done something now to stop that happening . The difference is it won't automatically save our posts as we go along. Personally i prefer this but will see how it goes.

I think i would prefer Lucy's apt cancelled until maybe the Autumn I don't want to go into such a big hospital and as you probably know the W Midlands has a LOT of COVID-19.

Hope you two are both well ((()))

Chris8 wow that sounds great! Like maybe a bit of the Amazon fire stick mixed in if you can stream films etc! What a great idea! Volume is LOUD! I like it up high, one neighbour is deaf and the other side have 3 dogs and twin babies so they know they are noisy!

Yorkshire tea is PROPER tea ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ Though I do drink fruit teas too and love a nice coffee 'when' I'm out.... remember going for coffees?

Always up early and first in our house unless Paul is on site in London or somewhere, which isn't happening much ATM thank goodness!

Kath I had a word with Sleek...she said it was one of Mother's potions on her paw (for Chris8 'Mother AKA Tosca' ' was another pusskin who sadly died earlier this year. She was one of Aidan's (He of Matron's Munchies) and nearly 21 when she died), and she thought it should work ๐Ÿ˜˜

Loved the poem ' ....We must love one another or die....' gosh some lessons to learn in there. Good choice thank you.

Loving the Spiced vegetable couscous very much :)

@Brynmor this completely solved the problem although i wonder why it happened in the first place it just seemed to get worse and worse...I shall post over on your link in a second with my two pen'orth! THANK you again โ˜บ๏ธ

Now we all liked yesterday's breakfast so what shall I do for today....?

potato pancakes!

and a cuppa

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Chris8 I hope you had a good weekend (((())) it will be good to get out on my mobility scooter with Lexi (dog.

. Kath how are you feeling and Chris I hope everything is going well. ((())))

Toni yes my appointment was cancelled yes I think it would be wrong to go to hospital for anything until this is over sue won't go to the dentist or optician Love to you and Paul (((())) Lucy ((()))Charley (((()))Tia (((()))

. Love to Barbara and Mr B and her brother (((()))Carol and M T (((())) Mig and family (((()))Bill and Mandy (((())) Yvonne ((((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Claire777
    Claire777 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Good morning every one hope ur all well. Iโ€™m new to all of this so not really sure if this is the right place ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ
  • Kitty
    Options

Hi Claire777, you are very welcome to Val's Cafe, but when you click Val's Cafe' there is another link to the cafe inside there. If you click that link, you will be able to meet the gang. Unless the brilliant Bryn can manage to transfer your post into the correct place. Bryn or Yvonne, coo-ee. ๐Ÿ˜‹

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• Sharon_K
    Sharon_K Member Posts: 460
    Options

Hi Clare777

you might want to put your first post here

Val's cafe is a great place to have a virtal coffee and cake and meet a lot of our regular member. So great place to put your feet up and chat

Best Wishes

Sharon

• Claire777
    Claire777 Member Posts: 6
    edited 21. Apr 2020, 16:53
    Options
    Thank you I canโ€™t seem to find where I need to go ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

@Claire777 you are all sorted now, enjoy the cafe Yvonne x
  • Kitty
    Options

Daily Poem

My heart was full of softening showers,

I used to swing like this for hours,

I did not care for war or death,

I was glad to draw my breath.

Stevie Smith

Sorry peeps, I've had a bad day. Toni. I didn't know we'd lost Mother, when - how. That's made my day 10 times worse. I'll just do lunch for those who are carnivores. I'm sure Toni can veganise it.

1 large tin corned beef sliced not too thinly

1 large onion sliced

Potatoes , cut into slices enough for the size of pie dish

Salt and pepper

Pastry , frozen pastry is okย 

Par boil potatoes, and sliced onion for about 10 mins

Place one layer of the potatoes in bottom of pie dish, add lots of salt and pepper , add a layer of corned beef, then another layer of potatoes, more salt and pepper to taste, I like to add some of the water from the potatoes and onion it makes the pie more juicy, top with pastry , cut a slit in The pastry to let air out, bake for about 20/30 in oven 180 or gas 6 .? until golden brown on top, enjoy

XXXXXXXXXX

• Babs55
    Babs55 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Me too, just joined today. Hopeful to chat with those who really understand pain and have helpful suggestions.
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options

Good afternoon everyone. 200 posts since I was last in here so have only read a few here and there.

Toni - how are Charley and her gf? I managed to read what happened. And Lucy? She must be missing you like crazy.

There was a poem about a classroom. Was that yours Kath? My sister works cleaning classrooms and has often told me about all the mess they leave.

Barbara - are you stuck at home because the road is being fixed? Hope they've about finished now.

Some lovely pictures of babies. Aw, lovely.

I'll need to go back as I saw a recipe for couscous I liked the look of.

I'm up and down. My son calls every day to chat and I've facetimed him and his family (did a quiz the other night) and chatted with my daughter and her family in Australia. My son has tried and tried to get a food delivery but failed. I've had 3 so far so ordered his food too.

Last time I was here, I told you my boss's elderly mum had asked me not to call till things were ok again. The next day, my boss phoned to say not to go there either (his daughter has an auto-immune disease and they don't know what it is) so I'm now unemployed. Managed to get universal credit but they won't pay all my housing. The extra has to come out of my daily living money so beans on toast it is. I tried asking my gp for sick notes because I had been struggling at work anyway with joint pain, fatigue and not being able to see very well but she wouldn't give me them as I'm not actually ill. Phoned up to claim PIP but not holding my breath. So I'm supposed to spend 35 hours a week looking for a job. Not sure how because I can't watch the computer screen for more than a few minutes and can't go out looking. Hopefully, only another few weeks and I'll see if my former boss will take me back. Again though, not holding my breath. Although I feel better going out for a walk, I only go every few days as it is very stressful. Despite using a white stick, a lot of people think it's ok to brush past me so it's usually me who goes on to the road to avoid them. Just as well there isn't a lot of traffic just now.

At least, I've got my garden. I can get on my knees and crawl round pulling bits out and snipping things. I have clipped a few flowers off by accident. Oops! Pond is black with tadpoles. Lots of bright yellow primroses, Kerria and celandines. I've sown lots of seeds but they were old ones so might not get anything from them. I've got blackbirds nesting in one tree - it's a fir that I had to chop a bit as it was growing too big. It is now covered in ivy. I usually pull lots off but will leave it till the birds have finished.

Hope everyone is coping whether shut up at home or out at work. Our grandparents and great grandparents got through two world wars so we can get through this. Love to all.

Christine
  • chris8
    Options
    Sorry for the late replies people hope you're all well,
    @frogmorton Hi how's things? Yeah that Show 8 is pretty good, can watch Amazon prime films and programs on there, plus Music and radio. Mainly things I use it for, it does have Weather also which can help plan for the day, well most other times it would hey :) Tea, Fruit tea (Twinnings) and Coffee are all quite good i agree. Just got some Nescafe Cappuccino sachets with my Food shop earlier today so might be a Cappuccino made later in the morning when I surface :)
    Hi @dachshund Yes my weekend and Monday went alright thank you, how you keeping yourself? Hope you manage to get out on your Mobility scooter with Lexi (cool name that by the way) :)
    Hi @kathleenT sorry to hear you had a bad day, hope you're ok. The dish you made looks delish :)
    Hi @applerose don't think we've spoke as I've only been on about a Week, but Hi, hope you're well!
    Hi @barbara12 also hope your alright!
  • frogmorton
    Options

Oh Kath I am sorry you've had a bad day ๐Ÿ˜” I hope it got better and that today is too ((()))yes Mother AKA Tosca died not that long before lockdown...maybe you hadn't realised they were one and the same?? I hope so you don't need extra upset. So Bill is well and truly alone bless him. Still chats to Mandy over the fence I suspect they are both still having ciggies๐Ÿ˜ฎ

That little poem is charming in it's simplicity isn't it? and must have summed up your day when life ws far less complicated. Sleek must have known somethng was wrong because she was AWOL overnight at yours i expect.

๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ

Hi Chris8 lovely to see you I'm glad you are becoming a regular! Applerose AKA Christine (is that your name too?!!) is an 'old' member( not in age) whose eyes making it tricky for her to see so doesn't get in as often as she'd want to sadly.

I am glad you are loving the Show8 - gosh it does a lot! I have been being silly with my echo dot and programmed in some of my own questions like.....who is the cutest cat? answer: Sleek is! and what did Paul have for lunch? answer: too much!! Made Paul laugh๐Ÿ˜ Gosh i have too much time on my hands!!

I also love decent coffee and my ex mother in law LOVES those instant cappuccinos and lives on them!

Another gorgeous day here looks less breezy too so hoping it's warmer and i can get outside.

Hi Joan I hope all is well with you and Sue and the carers are still well in sunny Swindon. Sue is right not to go to the dentists and opticians except in an emergency. A lady in the village is an optician and she caught the virus. So did our postie and he has asthma he did well though. I suppose they are fit all that walking....

Christine! Lovely to see you ๐Ÿ™‚ now I am thinking your vision issues should be helping you get off JSA and universal credit.... surely? Never mind your arthritis! Problem is PIP takes such a long time doesn't it? At least they are doing your assessments for it over the phone now which is a blessing for those who struggle. Beidng partially sighted might well help there.

This is not good at all. last time I lived on beans on toast was when my kids were babies and times were tough...๐Ÿ˜•

Thank God for our gardens ATM that's all I can say these are very hard times.

Some froggies looming then? we had a tree topped yesterday which was very noisy and I could NOT watch out of the window! Tooooooo scary!

Please do keep in touch with us ((()))

Well after a few upset cafรฉ dwellers i think I shall put the kettle on and make a hearty breakfast:

Aidan used to make us these!

• chris8
    Options
    Good morning @frogmorton yeah I always come on here whenever I'm on as there's a good crowd who chat, and give me something to reply to :) think you was one of the first if not the first who said hi to me when I first came on last week or whenever it was? Everyday seems to be rolling into the same at present. Made me laugh the tricks you got your Alexa thing doing Haha it's looking a nice Morning already, and glad it is your way also, hope it gets warm enough for you to sit outside :)
  • dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath I'm sorry you had a bad day (((()))) I hope today is better love to Chris Anita Holly (((())))

Chris8 we have not been out side only the back garden it's big. we are 78 my name is Joan yes we have sun I hope you have a good day (((())))

Christine nice to see you. ((((())) I hope your boss has you back you did a lot for them.

Toni I hope Charley and her friend are still improving ((((()))) love to Paul (((()))Lucy (((())))Tia ((((()) I expect more animals have arrived there ((((()))

Love to Bill Mandy (((()))). Barbara (((()))Mig (((())))Carol ((((())))Yvonne (((())))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Daily Poem (Ithing you meant this one Christine).

Untidy Classroom

There are crumbs scattered over the table

and orange squash spilled on the floor.

Somebody tore up some paper

and dropped it, just there, by the door.

The tin for the crayons is empty,

to find them - we're all at a loss,

so no-one can draw a nice picture

and teacher is looking quite cross.

So you fetch the brush and the dustpan,

and I'll fetch the waste paper bin.

Everyone search for the crayons,

and put them all back in the tin.

Let's make our class clean and tidy,

keep it as nice as we can.

Clean up the mess and put things away,

so everywhere looks spick and span.

But it could also have been this one,

The Rocking Horse

There's a rocking horse in our classroom,

he takes us everywhere.

I set him off to go so fast,

galloping to the fair.

Our rocking horse is dapple grey

with a saddle made of leather,

he takes us trotting far and wide

through the mist and Heather.

Then when school is over

and we have all gone home,

he stands in the empty classroom,

still - and all alone.

But through the quiet night time,

I know he dreams with joy

of all the happy times he's had

with every girl and boy.

Toni, My bad day yesterday was down to disappointment. Yes, Sleek was with me all night and cheered me up no end. Today is 100% better. Yes I did know that Mother and Tosca were one and the same, but I didn't know she'd crossed Rainbow Bridge. Thank you for the breakfast.

Christine, so lovely to see you back. I do hope your old boss will have you back again.

I had a good chat online with my elder son Richard. He's on furlough at the moment, but his wife Nicoa has a torn meniscus and something else but I can't remember. I expect Willow will be playing nurse to her mum, as she won't be at college ATM.

Holly went to the Co-op for us, and we gave her a bit more cash as it's Esme's birthday tomorrow and she wants to get her a few bits so the extra bit will help her..

So, something vegan today.

Saag aloo

Serves 4: remember to save the leftovers and fridge/freeze them for later.

Ingredients

• 2 tbsp oil
    • 2 tbsp of curry paste
    • 2 onions finely chopped
    • 6 peeled potatoes, chopped into cubes
    • 1 cup (156g) of frozen spinach
    • 1 can of chopped tomatoes
    • 1/2 pint (284ml) water or stock
    • 1 can coconut milk (optional)

Method

1. Add the oil and paste along with the onions in a pan. Cook until onions are soft.
    2. Add the potatoes and cook for 10 mins, then add the tomatoes and cook for 5 mins.
    3. Add the stock and coconut milk (if using) and cook for 20 minutes, until the curry is thickened.
    4. Add the frozen spinach and cook until the spinach is cooked through, then serve.

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 21. Apr 2020, 15:13
    Options
    Welcome to claire777 and Babs55
    The forum has just been updated so we are all getting used to it....but you will get there..xxmif you want advice then its living with arthritis..and we have chit chat, and the cafe if you fancy a chat and a coffee..cake is calorie free..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Sorry all got in then the bet went so slow.. so I'm back now
    Christine I am so sorry you are now unemployed I know how hard you have worked..sorry if you said but will your job be there when things are back to something like normal.. i can get out now the rd is all done..you must persevere with the pip..I really feel for you with your eye sight..mine is not to bad at the min...((((())))
    Chris I am glad to hear you are enjoying the forum..we used to have Alexa.. but had to give it back to my friend..I just might get one..xx
    Toni you are naughty....Paul will be getting his own back..thankyou for all the goodies ..you do look after us
    I hope Lycy will be able to attend her appointment very soon...xx
    Kath I love the rocking horse..I'm so glad you got to have a good chat with your son..but his poor wife must be in pain bless..and glad to hear you feel better ((())) I think this virus is bringing familys closer...its hoid to talk..
    You are kind to Holly..so Esme will have a nice Birthday bless..a xx
    Joan I think they will fix the forum very soon..then it will be straight forward..love to all if you ((((()))).
    Better give my eyes a rest please forgive any typos
    Xxxxxxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone. Was up at 05:38 this morning having been awake a looooong time ๐Ÿ™„ Gave up took my pills had a coffee, fed Miss Sleek and now I'm on my laptop :)

Chris8 we are a chatty lot yes definitely a bit silly, but who cares? Now I am thinking what to ask Alexa today? hah! My new walking boots came yesterday, but I can't have them because they are officially my birthday pressie from Paul so 8 more days to go. I think I share my birthday with Captain Tom!

I would have been one of the first to welcome you and it's lovely to see you welcoming other newbies now. Usually a lot will just pass through maybe lurk but not post, but the nice people generally stay ๐Ÿ™‚

We have lovely weather here in Staffs....hope the same in Lancs? I will sit outside today if I am lucky some neighbours will pass by for a chat (2m apart of course). Can you speak to people from your front garden?

Kath i am so sorry it was disappointment which upset you. I hope you are feeling more yourself now. Miss Sleek was devastated when Tosca crossed rainbow bridge ๐Ÿ˜“ she is 'in charge' now and BIll is all on his own. That man has suffered hasn't he? ๐Ÿ˜•

Luckily Sleek realised that Mrs Darcey is older than she is which cheered her up a bit. She was over again to see you last night did you see her?

I hope Richard is ok on that work retention scheme. 80% is plenty really you spend less when you aren't out working and paying petrol costs and sandwiches etc....Shame about Nicola's knee - big OUCH!

Happy Birthday to Esmรฉ!

I loved that poem too very funny and very familiar t anyone who works in schools (primary).

Barbara the good news is Paul is so non-techy he will not be ABLE to get his own back.....I can even add another one: Alexa who is the boss in this house? Answer: Toni is! hahahaha!๐Ÿคฃ

Have you noticed the forum isn't sticking? They have taken away the auto-save things which seems to have been the problem.

Have you heard from your brother and his GF are they both ok? and little Niamh? I hope you have facetimed and she is coping not seeing you all ATM?

Good morning Joan how are you and Sue doing? ((())) I hope you are making the most of the sun and the doggies are ok too. Who helps you with your big back garden?

Love to Carol and mig I hope all is well ((()))

decadent hot drinks...

so a lighter breakfast

Actually rather 'France' isn't it? I do miss going there ah well there will be other years won't there all being well. I was going to visit Aidan's village again ๐Ÿ˜•

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Chris8. How are you feeling today I hope not in to much pain (((())))

Kath I hope you are not depressed to day t can make you feel so miserable ((((())) love to Anita and your Dad (((()))) Happy birthday to Esme ((()))

Barbara how are you (((()))and your husband (((())) and your brother I hope he's getting on well ((((())))

Toni we have a gardener who cuts the grass and he does any planting we want. How is everyone (((())))

it's nice to write with nothing stopping you isn't it.

love to Carol Christine Mig Yvonne Bill (((())))

take care
    joan xx