Cris Skezier D-DAY

Options

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    The letter box snapped shut at about 3am - yup, the latest instalment.

Sir D Attenborough has crept into the new building, followed by the film crew.

'Good Lord! I recognise that shape! Bellamy! I'm sure that's you!'

'Yes indeed, Attenbowough, I'm here on Skezier Watch, a new sewies fwom the BBC, why are you here?'

'What new sewies? I mean series? No-one told me, mind you I have been away.'

'In that case 'ow did you know to come here?'

'Ah, that's down to the Suffolk skezier, you know the dwippy - sorry, drippy blue one known as a DD. Trevor got the heads-up and rang me.'

'Twev? Is 'ee with you then? Good, I wanna word wiv 'im as it's weally vewy cold which is why I'm in 'ere wiv these big fluffy things.'

'What big fluffy . . . oh, you mean sheep!'

'Cor, stone the cwows! Is that they are? Blimey, it's too dark to see pwoperly, I just fort they was warm and cosy though one of 'em's a bit bolshy, it's been pushing me awound a bit.'

'Cold? Hells bells man, this isn't cold compared to where I've been lately, that's why I'm only wearing trousers and a Tshirt, no socks and my best sandals as this is positively balmy weather. Did you spot that strange creature on the roof?

'What stwange cweature? I haven't got the benefit of a fancy-dancy film crew, unlike you. We're doin' Skez Watch on a vewy tight budget as you blew the lot for Fwozen Planet.'

'Ahm yes, sorry about that, we did run over a tad despite all the good intentions but it was so very interesting there - and properly cold, not like here. I think we've found another type of skezier, but from where I do not know. Anyway, I think it's the last day, we should sort out our plans for moving the Cornish Skezier, are you in?'

'Me? Nah, I'm staying in here, it's weally cosy with these - what dya call 'em? Sheeps? I dunno what they are but they are weally vewy warm and I'm comfy. You and the frogmorton can sort aht the skezier, I'm goin' back to sleep.'

After that there was some sort of scuffle, complaints about not pulling one's weight, one or two 'Gerroff!'s and 'Wunning awound? Me?', the sheep became involved and from what I can see each sheep is now sitting on a David. They are pinned down, cannot move, and the film crew are rollling around with laughter.

Good luck my lovely, you are so very nearly done and (best of all) no BN to contend with either (sterling work with the poppett by frog!) and I hope you are already feeling some benefit from the ghastly iliprost, I really do. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    ..... heffalump tap... check, anti David devise, check, May blind fold, check, trench for tank collecting, check, anti JCB device, check, bone for Miss L Legs, check, fast running shoes, check, tree catapult (not too sure about that one) check, steal of night vision glasses, check, padlock for sheep door, check.....

thats me ready... oh hell they are already out there but..... they wont know where the traps are and in dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

can someone throw me a rope please?!

last day and feeling totally drained and wished but better than i did last week so there you go....

got to leave early today.... not to get there early but to go via the feed merchants cus i might not get out in time tonight and also even if i do i have been feeling unwell shall we call it for a few hours after ward and not really able to cover much distances.

just want to thank you all and will go in warm and wrapped up us just now the only vein i can find is the ones they have used to death and those two are so sore now that getting well warm would be sensible cus i am getting such a wimp over the stabbings.......

you all stay dry and warm and THNANK YOU ALL SO MUCH.... i used to do this alone for 7 years and well you make it so much easier :grin:

will check n with my pa as soon as i get to the hospital. take care, love Cris xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    morning my love...I was trying to catch you before you set off....the last day...and sending all the good vibes I have....with more hugs and love thrown in (((((()))) xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Morning cris

sending warm hugs ((((((())))))) cause its freezing here.

Last day today, I hope all goes well and that when you come home you can have a restful weekend

Take care
    Love Julie xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Another fantastic installment there DD x:lol:

Mind that there Skezier is getting wise(r) to our traps isn't she?

Luckily she is of early today to fetch some extra bits including something for the nurses Christmas raffle (bless her!!) l know incredible isnt she??

Catch you all later with an update

Love

Toni xxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    well running late myself could not get back off bed but did need the rest been in flare all week (self infilckted so no excuse) but can move again today yay so can chase her if she tries to get out of ward

d055.gif

got me trainers on ready

b025.gif

who has the flask need tea first though

well done cris it nearly all over so proud of you and i do meen that val
    val
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Cris, just checking in to see how it is all going. Last day today, you have done well and hopefully will feel the benefits. Its really cold here, first frost for us. Wrap up warm, and take it easy. :grin:
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,941
    Options
    Hello Cris.
    how are you feeling today.i hope you are not to sore have a good weekend.
    ((((((((cris))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi All

Cris is doing ok having an ok day as she tends to (makes the best of a bad deal!)

She let the trainee paramedic put the line in and bless him he got is 1st go!!

Likely not to be finished though till 5.30 my calculations.

She also want me to apologise for her short post this morning, but she didn't have much time with the extra shopping to do.

Tell you what, l reckon the Cornish Skezier will be Zzzzing for England come tomorrow x;)

Love

Toni xx
  • dachshund
    Options
    Thank you Toni.
    thank you for letting us know how cris is getting on.
    cris must feel worn out.
    have a good weekend toni.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Well, hats off to that young trainee, he must have a magic touch - and well done to Cris for letting a novice fiddle about with her reluctant veins, I'm not sure I would have the courage to allow that to happen. Thank you, frog, for the update, I am so pleased to hear that all is as well as it can be. DD
  • frogmorton
    Options
    folks all was going well....

unfortunately the kline tissued and had to be removed that site is now infamed and v sore and hot. Cris might not be able to type later x:(

Something not dissimilar has happened before after the drip you know some sort of inflamation of the veines/blood vessels l haven't the best memory in the world.

They have got another line in after 6 tries 4 in the left and 2 in teh right!!

Bless her about another hour to go if that and she will go home to recover.

x:(

Cris still thinks the trainee is going to make a fantastic paramedic x;)

Love to all of you

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh no! Oh dear, our poor skezier. :sad: I have no doubt she is taking it all in her considerable stride but oh dearie me. Je suis glum. :sad: Please tell her that typing is SO NOT REQUIRED as she will definitely need her rest - thank whoever she went to the feed merchant this morning! DD
  • valval
    Options
    with luck she will be on way out by now

t8011.gif

she can get the lights up soon

t07029.gif

val
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Thanks Toni
    Poor Cris...but we will get her there between us...I wish she would stop apologising though....but we love her all the same..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Right folks

Cris is safely home.

BUT she is in a fair degree of pain where the line tissued x:( she isn't able to type just yet...

She asked me to let you all know she is fine v tired and resting she asked me to thank you all again very much.

I am sure she will be on tomorrow even if it is one handed typing, but l imagine she will need a good lie-in and then to sort out all the animals who are desperate to have her around l'm sure x;)

Cris if you do look in.....early night lass and we will see you when you are up to it.

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • valval
    Options
    so glad it all over for her

t2233.gif

sleep well val
    val
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    Thanks Toni , for your update x

well done Cris youve done it even allowing them to put lines back in , that takes some courage , now you must rest as much as possible to regain your strength , love and gentle proud hugs xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    Cheers for updates Toni x:smile:

Cris no typing tonight ,even if u do check in, rest and tea is in order. x:roll:
    Catch u tommorrow.xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • valval
    Options
    just popped in to make sure cris was behaving.
    we are watching you cris rest and recover

t3421.gif

saw this and made me smile hope it does you as well val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello my lovely, I hope you spent a reasonable night - preferably in bed, not the armchair - and that you are not feeling too rough this morning. Look out of your window, see your girls and smile, yes? I am thinking of you and another three copes are on their way. DD
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Cris x:-D

Hope you slept long and soundly last nightt2240.gif

l bet those animals are happy to have you home, l also hope you have no cause at all to leave the house today and can spend it with them and resting too.

You have been very very brave and done amazingly well maid.

Love and HUGS

Toni xxx
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    Toni you know better than for Cris to rest x:roll:

If you do have the oportunity to do so after fussing animals please do x:-?

Take care.xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Hi Cris, just popping on to send you a few hot water bottles and heat pads, its very cold. Hope you are resting and recovering from your week. You have done so well.
  • dachshund
    Options
    Hi Cris.
    i hope you are feeling a bit better. take care.
    ((((((((cris))))))))
    take care
    joan xx