Cris Skezier D-DAY

Options

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    well have got my boots on you hold ladder i will climb it (got a new sad lamp and feeling so much better) now where do you want this light to start no do not pull that?????? hold the ladder

t79127.gif

how we doing ? where did that come from oh no it wobbleing hold tight aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr splat
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Right, start stuffing your mud into Kilner jars and flog it at the end of your drive as 'Pure Cornish Cleansing Beauty Clay', that should bring in a few pennies. I'm glad to hear you didn't attempt to decorate the hawthorn, that can wait until another day and as for her Ladysheep, well, I'm clattering off to the Co-op later to see what they have to offer in the way of bubbles - Lambrusco, anyone? DD

PS That just hit me - Lambrusco! boom-boom! Oh Mr Derek!
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options
    Hi Cris.
    i hope you have got the better of your pain and everythings working.
    mud baths are lovely the mud soaks though everything you cannot stop laughing.
    take care have a good weekend.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Hi Cris, sorry to have been absent have been flaring badly and am having to rest. I am so so delighted that you have got some aids that help you. It is about time you had a good appt.

Thinking of you in this awful weather and hoping you are ok as can be.

(((hugs))) and a nuzzle from Izzy :grin:
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    Hi Cris my lovely,
    The candle is lit, we are keeping it going between us, sending you love and light my friend Xxx (((((()))))) Xxx
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hi Cris

hope the weather drops and you are feeling well enough to do the hawthorne very soon.

I know it makes you happy to see it all lit and sparkling :grin: .

You deserve that treat, but lass you do have to be careful and not sure you should let Val up that ladder nor the girls drink lambrusco x:lol:

Love and hugs (sun is out her and it's BITTER)

Toni xxx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    f090.gif

custard creams in the post for wish and i found her an outfit on the market, thought she would like to get into the xmas spirit. One for breagh too, dont want her to feel left out.

f034.gif
    f034.gif

Hope today is a better day both pain wise and weather.
    Like toni we have sun melting the frost but it is still bitterly cold.

Lambrusco dd, I will have a glass please, I know I don't drink and do get rather silly if I do but wish's birthday is a great excuse x:-D

Love & hugs ((((((())))))))
    Juliepf x
  • valval
    Options
    hi cris there is a heavy frost here the mud will be frozen so take care when out and about val
    val
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Val, DD, Joan, Suzy, Poppy, Toni, Jule and All

straight away i need a bit of advice/input of you good folk please?

got edema.... major one at that.... both legs but its not fluid in the normal way (see i do remember the waggon training :lol: ) it hard..... really solid and so cold.....

have rubbed the feet, put on extra thick thermals, Frankie's boots (only inside out there is real deep mud now) and also made the legs work a bit././. well a lot actually.....

anyone got any ideas if this is part of vasculitis... Toni i have got that starting again i think and poss in the arms as well.....

are supposed to rest the legs or use them given its 80% sure its circulatory...... or not.... :lol:

i have lathered them with gell to try and get some blood in em as well cus being cold don;t help them does it.....

the other thing....

the neck is horrendous but easing the shoulder is crap and the twitching is driving me mad.... was tested for CP a while ago and well how long after can you ask for the tests to be re-done... and is thee any point to have it done ... what are they going to do with all the problems from the neck and shoulder....

you reckon its time i had a word with the pain doc?

i let the girls out so far.... we now have sun and the frost has made it wet under foot again so they haven't come out at all.... Wish has moved to sit in the doorway and seems to be holding 9very refinery i must say) a glass of lambrusco..... :lol:

she said pink champers is better :wink:

Bre is lurking and possibly wondering just how she can jump over the door blocker :lol:

I haven't done the lights yet but will try and get the legs to get me out and up the steps cus using them (to me ) can only help... but am i right.... :lol:

you all stay warm cus its some cold now and leaving hugs, tea and hopes as well as copious amounts of slurp and slobber from the canine contingent........ love Cris xxx
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    oh Cris how i wish i could offer some usefull advise :sad: but i have none , so will send some warming hot soup of your choice and hugs a bundle , if you do go climbing ladders and swinging in the trees please please BECAREFUL , XX
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    hi May,

oh leek and potato them i think :grin: its ok flower if i do go up that ladder its gen on 8" or more inches of soft mud so i will be fine.

he going to look some pretty i tell you! :lol: i just wish he could self dress :lol:

hugs coming back to you and Wilf would now disappear into the mud with no trace.... recon he would like that :lol: xxx
  • Poppyg1rl
    Options
    Cris lovey you sound in tremendous pain, can you call the pain doc today? Sorry Cris i dont know what to suggest, but you cannot be left like this its not right or fair. Could you possibly go to a&e is there someone that could take you? Im probably being no help at all im so sorry Cris...
    Please see if you can get in touch with the pain doc? Meanwhile, you know the candle is burning brightly, sending you all the love and light that i can muster. Love, gentle hugs and im asking the light for extra for you . Xxxx
    'grá agus solas'
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options
    Hi Cris.
    i wish i could help you i dont know anything about that.
    i would try the pain clinic or the doctor'surgery.
    please take care ((((((((cris))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • valval
    Options
    i am no help either what about giving the nhs direct a call and see what they say to do ((())) val
    val
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Cris, you need A & E love, and I think you know that deep down. Vasculitis is serious, and needs assessment and treatment. Its not the kind of thing you leave especially with all your other conditions and meds. I am sure its the last thing you want to hear, but I find when I ask for advice and don't want to go to the doc it is usually the time you need to go. (If that makes sense)

Keep warm, and rest up with gentle movement, no strenous stuff. Keep the pa's informed as to how you get on. Please get checked.

(((hugs))), loves, warm wishes x
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI folks - offered to do evening PA duties for Cris but didn't mean to be this late logging on :oops: :oops: computer decided to crash :roll:

Cris wanted me to thank you all for your concern and advice. I can honestly say she's listening and knows that you are all giving very good advice.

Cris has promised me that she will get help for her legs on Monday at the latest. She has been very good and has done only the very bare minimum today, helped by visitors who insisted she put her feet up :grin: . Apparently the elevation has helped somewhat.

I did make her promise that if there was any deterioration she'd ring the out of hours GP service, rather than wait until she can get her own GP. (The sad thing as many of you know is that those of us who have complicated medical histories get rather reluctant to seek advice from 'strangers' because it's so flippin complicated a story to tell :roll: )

Anyway, Cris is now warmly tucked up with the heated blanket, and is safely away from the armchair :smile: mind it must be catching because yesterday I did an hour of unscheduled 'sofa-ing' which appears to be almost as dangerous :wink::lol: )

The hawthorn is still unadorned - a fact that many of us will be relieved to read! Hopefully later in the week Cris will have less pain and more energy (not to mention less mud!!) in order to complete that task.

Cris sends hugs and thanks, along with a bucket of stay warm .... half drunk :shock: :lol::lol:

WOnky xxx
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    Oh Cris, u need to get u seen to my lovely. Telling me to go to a&e, i think you need to go.
    Def ask to go to pain clinic again. They must be able to do summat for yoy.
    If u r no better hope u call hosp.

Wishing u well, hugs n tea allround .xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • valval
    Options
    i for one will be glad when it done then will know it over with and she will not be climbing wish we could do it for her.
    cris rest up pal you have plenty of time before christmas val
    val
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi cris
    I am sorry I have no useful advice only to say that if you haven't seen a gp today please go tomorrow.
    Stay warm my lovely

Love & Hugs Juliepf xxx

Wonky......sorry for got to type this first x:oops: thankyou for your update. xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Cris, I just want to send you a big hug, and a big purr from Tommy. I hope that you will soon feel better.

th_000L051ZE-c.jpg

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I have only just seen this, I apologise. :oops: I'm with the others on this, A&E as soon as you can (probably tomorrow now) or at the very least an appointmnent with your GP. This is far from good, my lovely, far from good. Je suis worried. DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Aww thanks wonky you are a good friend
    Cris please go to your docs tomorrow my love, sorry I couldn't help with any advice...but I am hoping you get sorted...and that the rest will follows
    Sending you more good healing vibes...and lots of hugs and slurps ((((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Poppyg1rl
    Options
    Thanks Wonky for pa duties, Cris you must see someone soon, A&E, urgent pain clinic appt, anything my friend, we are all concerned and love you x:-) the candle is in a beautiful lantern and is always lit. Sending you love and light and buckets of hugs (((((()))))) Xxx
    'grá agus solas'
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Cris,
    I do hope you have had some relief from your poor legs, as I lay person I would say you are doing right by elevating your legs and yes please make an appointment first thing tomorrow. I don’t suppose the mud fight will have done anything to help matters and I am pleased the hedge lights have been left until you are feeling a little better. They will look fantastic when you get them sorted but there is time yet so please leave it until you have had your appointments.

I am so pleased the OT have come up trumps for you, I am sure they are used to fighting their way through mud and even worse so don’t put them off if they want to come out to see you.

I have knitted a lovely sparkly scarf for the birthday girl and of course a box of custard creams to be passed round the rest of the gang and hopefully the staff. x:lol:

I am thinking of you,

Hugs as always,
    Lv, I x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello my lovely, I hope things are at least a little eased today but that you WILL go and see someone, yes? (And by someone I mean a doctor not a friend! :smile: ) I am thinking of you. ((())) xx DD