Book Club

Options

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,463
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good to hear from you Amanda.

I shan't worry now - frogmella will have had a busy week back at work.

ANOTHER horror?!!! What are you like :wink:

love

Toni xxx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Can't help it Toni, just in the mood to read something I'm interested in!! You should watch the movie 'Deliver us from Evil' it's very interesting knowing it is true. And having Mark Ruffalo in who is good eye candy in a film!!

By the way I've got a new crush!! I've gone and fallen for R.J Mitte!! My 1st ever disabled crush! But as I say it's okay to window shop!
  • bubbadog
    Options
    I'm enjoying reading the book I'm reading the different stories they are so interesting. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

:cheers:
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Well guys it's nearly that time again and to make it easier I have come across what looks like it's a top book for Book Of The Month For October so it's called 'Blood on the tracks' By 'Barbara Nickless' take a look and let me know what you think.
  • bubbadog
    Options
    I know we are all caught up in a lot of things in our lives at the moment so I thought if we leave The Book Club running at the moment and not have BOTM for a couple of months or even not until New Year leave the last suggestion which was 'Blood On The Tracks' By Barbara Nickless open to read as Book Of The Month. And pick up say January 1st 2017. Nice fresh and ready, book club will still be open so if anyone wants to post anything that's fine. :D
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Morning Amanda :)

I hope all is well with you?

I also hope Frogmella is ok it's not like her to be AWOL :?

Your suggestion is a good one - I expect Christmas shopping is underway for some of us. Finding time to read isn't easy for me at the moment as I am still trying to get the house straight after the move.

Including making a window-seat to read in in the winter sunshine :)

th_20161020_112014_1.jpg

I have been listening to an audio 'For sure' By Oprah Winfrey. You know me I rarely read or listen to anything twice, but I am on my 3rd read/listen!!!

That woman has some good stuff to say!

Love

Toni xxx
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Loving your Window seat, I've always dreamed of having my own window seat but will my legs these days would get stuck on one!!

I love Oprah Winfrey! What she does for people is almost saint like! And her interviews with famous people are always entertaining. Hasn't she kinda retired now?

I had planned to sort out the Christmas cards now but Moonpig haven't started their Christmas campaign yet!! And as for Christmas presents I have hit a brick wall will what to get people, my mind has gone totally blank! I had it set in my mind get everything sorted pre-operation and now I'll be lucky if I get one finished!! :shock:
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Thank you Amanda :)

I think you can get on my window seat it's exactly the right height and you can lie-down on it too.

Yes Oprah has stopped doing her shows, but she is a woman with integrity, values and just so much common sense!

You'll get your Christmas shopping one in time - it's still October. Just start with a list.... ;)
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Hi, Toni thanks your optimistic!! I asked my Niece what her baby Son would like this year and she just said 'Money!' No help at all!! All I can do is as much as I can and tuff to anyone who doesn't give me any idea's!! At least the pusskins are sorted, just got to order that!!
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Money?

That's boring I can see why you don't want to do that :? .

Babies always need new clothes so if you don't spot something you love for him, (I always get the next size to the age they are because they can grow into it), maybe a voucher for some?

I give money to kids after they get to about 13/14 because you'll always get it wrong for that age!

Love

Toni xxx
  • bubbadog
    Options
    To be honest I forgot how old he is!! I think he's 2yrs old now, will have to check on Facebook! I think I will go with the voucher and make be something else little like stocking filler.
    I can't believe it's the 1st November tomorrow countdown to toefix will start then!!
    What my plans where to get everything ready so I could concentrate on getting over the operation but they seem to have gone out the window!!
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Deliver us from Evil By Ralph Sarchie

This book is written by police Sargent Ralph Sarchie who is also a Catholic who investigates Demonic possession and assists in exorcisms. The Chapters are all different true stories of different investigations he has taken part in and they are very interesting. I read different parts out loud for my OH to hear and he was shocked by some of the things they can do. If you can hold your nerve it is worth a read! The book's title came from the movie about one of the investigations Ralph and his Priest friend took part in. It's very good but you might need cushion close by to hide behind!!

RATING:****/*****
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Now Winter is here with the cold weather there is nothing nicer than sitting back with the heating on and blanket over you and reading a book! I'm currently reading 'Prince: Inside the music and the masks' By Ro Ronin. Only a couple of chapters in and very interesting, it's great learning more about him than originally new, like he was diagnosed with Epilepsy as a child!! :o
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Has anyone asked Santa for any new books or a New Kindle for Christmas? Ho, Ho, Ho!!!
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Bubba,

I've just bought 'The Christmas Promise' by Sue Moorcroft and 'Summer at the Comfort Food Cafe' by Debbie Johnson, both are seasonal opposites but I thought if one makes me cold the other will warm me up!

Ho Ho Ho

santa

Love,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • frogmorton
    Options
    No new kindles for me I'm afraid Amanda I have had my share!! New hone though - essential as I have TWO cracks - both ends!!

Legs - I have downloaded the Christmas promise' as it was on offer too and I do not do Chick-lit. Thought it might be nice for Christmas x:oops:

Love

Toni xx

Bet Frogmella is rushed off her feet in the run up to Christmas at school.
  • bubbadog
    Options
    We decided this year to buy ourselves what we want because we have everything we want now! I had my new Kindle Summer! I've brought Phil a few small things as that's just me love giving gifts this time of love! The fur babies have the most presents this Christmas Presents under the tree! Plus they had their new cat tree for their Birthday 4th December! santa
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    No new kindles for me I'm afraid Amanda I have had my share!! New hone though - essential as I have TWO cracks - both ends!!

Legs - I have downloaded the Christmas promise' as it was on offer too and I do not do Chick-lit. Thought it might be nice for Christmas x:oops:

Love, Toni xx

New phone Toni, nice! We girls shouldn't have to deal with cracks in our screens :mrgreen:

I'm saving Christmas Promise for next week so it'll have more flavour ...spice up the Chick Lit I say!

Have a good Christmas. santa

Love,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hahaha! Agreed Legs x:D

I am reading 'Unravelling Oliver' ATM so it can wait. I think with Christmas chick-lit you are allowed to open the tin of chocolates??

Love

Toni xxx
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Our treat draw has been hit already by the OH, after eights: gone!, Jelly Babies: Gone!, Nuts : half eaten! & of course... Mince Pies: 2 left!! So he is being sent on another shopping trip tomorrow to stock up on the supplies that have vanished and add some more including the Ferrero Rocher which will be finished by next week I expect! But it's Christmas and it's the only time you can eat to excess!! :frozen:
  • frogmorton
    Options
    h040.gif

totally agreed!!! x:lol:
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Finished off a box of Jelly babies in a night had to buy 2 boxes to replace them!!

frogmorton wrote:
    h040.gif

totally agreed!!! x:lol:
  • bubbadog
    Options
    MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL BOOK CLUB MEMBERS!!!

santa
  • Amble
    Amble Member Posts: 32
    Options
    Would you guide me to the Book Club page so I can have a look at some ideas for a good book?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/LJ-Ross/e/B00SMWDX98/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1482510127&sr=8-2-ent

This is an author I found 'unputdownable'!
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Amble you have found the book club :)

We usually have a book of the moth we all read and then discuss/review.

We are having Christmas off though, but you are very welcome to join us :)

That book looks good and on offer ATM on kindle too.

Is your favourite genre thrillers? I like them too.

Toni xx