Book Club

Options
1757677787981»

Comments

• bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    As Frogmorton says you are at The Book Club and are very welcome here, you can go through the pages and read the reviews and see if you like the look of any. We will be back in the new year and start up again. See you then and a very Merry Christmas!! x:)
    Amble wrote:
    Would you guide me to the Book Club page so I can have a look at some ideas for a good book?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/LJ-Ross/e/B00SMWDX98/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1482510127&sr=8-2-ent

This is an author I found 'unputdownable'!
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Well Ladies and Gents, I've had my operation and on bed rest at the moment. I want to introduce some of you to a site I came across and think it will be a great find and a partner to The Book Club!! It's called 'GoodReads' and has helped me find some really good books. Here's the link to it:- https://www.goodreads.com/

As it's a new year and I'm useless to everyone at the moment I want to through out the 1st 'Book Of The Month' to anyone. So get your thinking caps on! Also anyone got any reviews to post? :bee:
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Bubba,

Hope you get over your surgery very quickly. :)

I wonder if 'The Nothing Girl' by 'Jodi Taylor' is a good enough suggestion for the book of the month?

I have read it and, although a bit surreal, is very amusing, easy read, just right for cold winter days.

I'm not offended is a better suggestion is made which you prefer.

p040.gif

Love,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Morning all :)

I use goodreads too Amanda! I hope your recovery is being nice and steady?

My Lucy is having her TSR on Monday 23rd all being well (she has a cold so I am worried :? ).

Legs what are you talking about?????!!!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nothing-Girl-Frogmorton-Farm-Book-ebook/dp/B00KFKQE50/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1484468848&sr=1-1&keywords=the+nothing+girl

It's a FROGMORTON Farm book!!!

We HAVE to read it!!!

£1.99 on kindle too.

I am worried about Frogmella she has been AWOL for a while???

Love

Toni xx
  • lindalegs
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Morning all :)
    I use goodreads too Amanda! I hope your recovery is being nice and steady?
    My Lucy is having her TSR on Monday 23rd all being well (she has a cold so I am worried :? ).
    Legs what are you talking about?????!!!!
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nothing-Girl-Frogmorton-Farm-Book-ebook/dp/B00KFKQE50/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1484468848&sr=1-1&keywords=the+nothing+girl
    It's a FROGMORTON Farm book!!!
    We HAVE to read it!!!
    I am worried about Frogmella she has been AWOL for a while???

Love Toni xx

Ooooops, sorry, that proves I should keep in touch more :oops:

Thanks for telling me it's a series too ...and a Frogmorton into the bargain (is that where your username comes from Toni?) so I shall definitely get the next one along. :D

I do hope Lucy's okay. You're bound to be worried under the circumstances, so I shan't tell you not to be. (((Hugs)))

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Okay so that's agreed The Nothing Girl (the Frogmornton farm series is Book Of The Month for February So Happy New Reading members and enjoy!! :sun:

Wow poor Lucy, :( such a huge operation at her age. I hope the cold shifts otherwise they will not go ahead. Also as I had to endure they are cancelling operations left, right and centre at the moment! They just don't have the staff and the day I went in you could see the nurses where over run with what they where dealing with. So I hope you don't have to become like me and have your operation moved about like me it really effected me emotionally, I was down between those weeks not myself crying at nothing. Now I've had it done I'm back to my crazy self!

my foot is getting better every day, just super painful when I try and move it. Arnie has become my nurse and won't leave my side. He has now start lying across my legs higher up so away from my foot but he does kiss it and gently rub against it. He's showing his softer side. Poor OH is running around taking care of me. Such a sweetie.
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Thanks Legs and Amanda :)

Fingers crossed Lucy I ok and op not cancelled. It is actually a cancellation she has.

I am allowed to stay with her overnight (in a chair :? ), so will be helping her out and saving nurses time.

I am glad you are up moving-ish Amanda and how sweet 'Nurse-Arnie!!

Legs Frogmorton came from another book, but I can't remember which now :oops:

BUT I think everyone should read those books (fame at last!!).

Love

Toni xxx
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Hope Toni the operation is on today for Lucy, Sending lots and lots of love to you both and special hugs to Lucy for good vibes to all go well. (())'s :sun:
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Good luck Lucy via Toni! Thinking of you both!

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • frogmorton
    Options
    lindalegs wrote:
    Good luck Lucy via Toni! Thinking of you both!

Love,

Thank you both :)

Lucy is all done and dusted and we are home. Bless her she's struggling with pain ATM and the consequences of painkillers - prune juice being drunk in copious quantities!!

Love

Toni xxx
  • lindalegs
    Options
    [quote=
    Thank you both :)

Lucy is all done and dusted and we are home. Bless her she's struggling with pain ATM and the consequences of painkillers - prune juice being drunk in copious quantities!!

Love

Toni xxx
    [/quote]

Good news Toni, glad to hear that .....but prune juice YUK! Poor Lucy ...I hope it's done the trick! :roll: :oops:

Love,
    Love, Legs x
  • bubbadog
    Options
    I know the struggles caused by painkillers well Toni so feel for Lucy!! :oops: Sadly it's a forever turning circle. Lucy just get as comfortable as possible have a collection of movies sorted and snuggle down and enjoy being taken care of. That's all you can do. Healing (())'s been sent your way xxx
  • bubbadog
    Options
    I'm on a Facebook group that rescues cats from Egypt and they have to have auctions to raise money so the rescue centre can stay open and they recently had an auction where I saw a book called 'Cleo ' by 'Helen Brown' . I looked it up on Amazon and the story looked so good I decided I would go for the book. And as always I went to go for the book and someone beat me to it!! So managed to get a used copy from Amazon. It's about a kitten/cat and that's all I can tell you as it would ruin the story!! So I've decided I would keep it for when I hopefully go on holiday in March for my and my OH's Birthday!! :D
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Well now our holiday has fallen through and we're not going away till April (fingers crossed don't want to hex it!!) I'll read Cleo next as I've nearly finished the Prince book and go from there.
  • bubbadog
    Options
    While my head is in the correct place I need everyone to start thinking of Book Of The Month for March we are a little behind on sorting one so please anyone with any idea's please let me know!!
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Are people still interested in The Book Club or is this the end of the road for it? I was wondering because I feel like I'm the only one posting on here lately. :(
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Prince:inside the music and the masks By Ronin Ro
    What can I say about this book, well if your a die hard Prince fan like me it's a must read. It goes up to before he started working with 3rd eye girl, there is a lot of information Prince fans will know but there is still a fair bit of information that I didn't know about. I did find it slow to start to it did keep my attention from the middle onwards. If your interested in Prince I'd say give it a read.

Rating: ***/*****
  • palo
    palo Member Posts: 240
    Options
    I love this idea and would be happy to post on this. I am an avid reader, have been all my life. (dabbled in writing too)