ATOS Horrible Medical

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I won't im too honest
    it would be good to see if they thought i wasn't fit enough to work for them now that would be fun x
  • maria09
    Hi Elaine
    Any brown envelopes today?
    Maria
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Maria

Not a sausage for me its got to be this week surely though...

Elainexx
    maria09 wrote:
    Hi Elaine
    Any brown envelopes today?
    Maria
  • elainebadknee
    Had a white envelope delivered today from ATOS!! It was an expenses statement for my petrol from medical...Surely the dreaded brown envelope has to follow if they are just processing this now?

Elainex
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Elaine I think I got my expenses letter in a week or so before the report but every area is different xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Oh yes they flipping well will! He was there to back me up and listen out for things so his word will be taken.......Not taking any of that nonsense!

Elainexx
    tkachev wrote:
    Having read other people under going an ATOS medical
    they won't take the word of your Dad against the interviewer I'm afraid Elaine.

Elizabeth.

Lol that post made my day. You go girl.....

Elizabeth :lol:
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elainebadknee
    Marie

Yeah that makes sense they give it with one hand take it away with the other...We shall see...

Elainex
    villier wrote:
    Elaine I think I got my expenses letter in a week or so before the report but every area is different xx
  • elainebadknee
    Elizabeth

I am not taking any rubbish off them....
    tkachev wrote:
    Oh yes they flipping well will! He was there to back me up and listen out for things so his word will be taken.......Not taking any of that nonsense!

Elainexx
    Elizabeth

I am not taking any rubbish, to say that they won't take his word cos he is related to me??? What utter nonsense and its an insult to him!

Elainexx
    tkachev wrote:
    Having read other people under going an ATOS medical
    they won't take the word of your Dad against the interviewer I'm afraid Elaine.

Elizabeth.

Lol that post made my day. You go girl.....

Elizabeth :lol:
  • maria09
    Hi Elaine
    I got a large brown envelope
    Thought now what!! as it seemed quite thick
    It is the medical assessment report
    Not a bad read & this guy didnt lie but what does this mean "Fractures toe where arthritis flared up"
    What I said was my arthritis started when I fractured my 3rd MTP joint abt 9yrs ago
    "Has pain affecting the back every day" I never said that The back of where :?:
    stated I unlocked the door! No i didnt I just opened itsaid with my right hand :!: No I always use left only use right to write with :!:
    Oh I changed sex too Im a male client so could not get pregnant :roll:
    On a serious note there is no points system which leads me to believe it is done by someone else Ive never seen!
    AND Does that person have any medical knowledge probably not
    We should not have to go through all this crap
    It causes more stress causing more pain and depression
    Lets keep fighting
    Maria
  • elainebadknee
    Maria

That sounds about right, lots of mistakes for you to pick through but i remember my comminity lawyer telling me with last appeal that if i nit-picked all these little things and not actually the bigger things more related to my ailements then they wouldn;t consider the niggly bits...I disagree think it shows them for the incompetent idiots they are!

Elainexx
    maria09 wrote:
    Hi Elaine
    I got a large brown envelope
    Thought now what!! as it seemed quite thick
    It is the medical assessment report
    Not a bad read & this guy didnt lie but what does this mean "Fractures toe where arthritis flared up"
    What I said was my arthritis started when I fractured my 3rd MTP joint abt 9yrs ago
    "Has pain affecting the back every day" I never said that The back of where :?:
    stated I unlocked the door! No i didnt I just opened itsaid with my right hand :!: No I always use left only use right to write with :!:
    Oh I changed sex too Im a male client so could not get pregnant :roll:
    On a serious note there is no points system which leads me to believe it is done by someone else Ive never seen!
    Lets keep fighting
    Maria
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,096
    maria09 wrote:
    Lets keep fighting
    Maria

If that's your ESA85 report, you're right Maria, it doesn't have the points in it. The final decision is made by a
    DWP Decision Maker taking all evidence into account, which as they have never seen you, strikes most people as being as about as sensible as it struck you. This article sheds a bit of light on the process: http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/who_awards_points_for_esa_wca

and this one on the computerised syetm they use:
    http://brightonbenefitscampaign.wordpress.com/2010/05/08/employment-and-support-allowance-a-new-harsher-test/

(though good luck getting your head round any of it, the whole system is so complicated.. I've sat 'O' levels with less studying than I feel like I've done just trying to get to grips with the basics of ESA. :roll:)
  • lazicat
    lazicat Member Posts: 177
    System is unbelievable ..... wonder if any of these people would like to swap places ?
  • maria09
    Hi Elaine
    Hope you are ok
    Just got my P45 with my last ever wage! I think they owe me more money but that might be wishful thinking
    Keep warm
    Maria
  • Trayce
    Trayce Member Posts: 110
    have you heard from the medical yet

My friend has been changed from support group to work related activity and she got so many different letters saying different things she does not know what she in
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Maria

Have they got it wrong your ex employers or do you mean the beloved taxman?

Its cold today ...BRRR!!! No brown/white envelope yet!

Elainexx
    maria09 wrote:
    Hi Elaine
    Hope you are ok
    Just got my P45 with my last ever wage! I think they owe me more money but that might be wishful thinking
    Keep warm
    Maria
  • elainebadknee
    Trayce

Not heard a dickie bird but got expenses from travelling to medical this week so its got to be getting done very soon methinks....They do have a knack or writing the most illegible letters ever don't they....I wish your friend welll

Elainexx
    Trayce wrote:
    have you heard from the medical yet

My friend has been changed from support group to work related activity and she got so many different letters saying different things she does not know what she in
  • maria09
    Hi Elaine
    Think it's payroll that have messed it up!
    I have also been told I will get a retirement gift!!
    Was re reading my atos medical assessment and found out the nurse had started I would be fit for work in 3 months time not straight away as DWP have stated
    Also last page states no harmful information sent what ever does that mean?
    Have you heard anything yet?
    I would cross my fingers for you but can't my nobbley bits get in the way!
    Keep strong
    Maria
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Maria

Oh what a mess but you will get a retirement gift, whatever that may be?...It would be laughable if it wasn't so serious the ATOS report....
    I haven't heard anything but am sure today is the day got to go to gym at 12 so think it will be waiting for me upon my return..

Elainexx
    maria09 wrote:
    Hi Elaine
    Think it's payroll that have messed it up!
    I have also been told I will get a retirement gift!!
    Was re reading my atos medical assessment and found out the nurse had started I would be fit for work in 3 months time not straight away as DWP have stated
    Have you heard anything yet?
    I would cross my fingers for you but can't my nobbley bits get in the way!
    Keep strong
    Maria
  • elainebadknee
    Guess who got a brown envelope today, yup me!! But what was in it? A statement to say they are paying me £1 more a week in benefit so after heart in mouth moment it wasn't the bad news yet but it shows they are keeping and eye on me/am in the system and it can only surely be a matter of days now!..They are messing with my head to put it politely!

Elainexx
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,096
    maria09 wrote:

Not 100% sure on that one myself, but there are guidelines about 'harmful information' in the dwp wca 'handbook', I think in a nutshell it means there is nothing they need to pass on to the Decision Maker that they know of (from talking to your drs etc) that is of a sensitive nature, ie something relevant to your claim but that they don't want to put on your form for you to see. An example would be if your dr knows you have a condition that's been kept from you because it would be supposedly 'harmful' for you to know your diagnosis. (a tricky area I suppose). Standard bit of the form for everyone I believe.

Anyway it's a good thing so nothing to worry about!

Good luck, & glad your form was better for reading it again.
  • maria09
    toady wrote:
    maria09 wrote:

Not 100% sure on that one myself, but there are guidelines about 'harmful information' in the dwp wca 'handbook', I think in a nutshell it means there is nothing they need to pass on to the Decision Maker that they know of (from talking to your drs etc) that is of a sensitive nature, ie something relevant to your claim but that they don't want to put on your form for you to see. An example would be if your dr knows you have a condition that's been kept from you because it would be supposedly 'harmful' for you to know your diagnosis. (a tricky area I suppose). Standard bit of the form for everyone I believe.

Anyway it's a good thing so nothing to worry about!

Good luck, & glad your form was better for reading it again.
    Thank you it also stated that in three months I would be fit for work not straight away as DWP said! So that takes me to end of march!
    They seem totally incompitant!
  • maria09
    Hi Elaine
    Just popped in to see if you are ok and any news?
    Maria
  • elainebadknee
    Maria

No news but feel very out of sorts today and don't know why...Feel extremely pissed off!

Elainexx
    maria09 wrote:
    Hi Elaine
    Just popped in to see if you are ok and any news?
    Maria
  • maria09
    Elaine
    I bet you are all this crap takes its toll on us
    Im at the stage where i feel its totally laughable otherwise i would be ripping my hair out in handfulls :x
    I cant believe how incompetant in their jobs or are they trained that way so we get so pissed off and think whats the point but made me feel the other way In gunning for the incompetent fools :roll:
    remember Aerosmiths song "Don't get mad get even"
    Keep strong Elaine don't let them get to you
    Maria
  • elainebadknee
    Maria

I had no reason to feel bad yesterday but I did...Had sore head and think have slight head cold which i don't hardly ever get as am waking with sore head and ears so maybe just a tad off colour.......
    I can believe how incompetent atos are did you see Dispatches the other night, paralympians are due to lose DLA payments due to new rules and its plain crazy...
    Thanks for lovely message..

Elainexx
    maria09 wrote:
    Elaine
    I bet you are all this crap takes its toll on us
    Im at the stage where i feel its totally laughable otherwise i would be ripping my hair out in handfulls :x
    I cant believe how incompetant in their jobs or are they trained that way so we get so pissed off and think whats the point but made me feel the other way In gunning for the incompetent fools :roll:
    remember Aerosmiths song "Don't get mad get even"
    Keep strong Elaine don't let them get to you
    Maria