THR

hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 21. Feb 2014, 09:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone
Just asking for pocket duties.....please.
I should be in a hospital bed at this time {2 weeks} and have it done.
I know its a bit early to ask but I have really got the collywobbles this time.......you wouldn't believe it was my 2nd one :?
I had no problems the last time {apart from the usual sleeping on my back for 6 weeks} The only problem was the spinal block ...they had difficulty because of my kypho scoliosis....as the consultant says......as he laughs.....you know you have a rubbish back don't you :lol:
True. Not really bothered about that....I'll remind the anaesthetist when he comes round pre op.
So don't know what I'm worrying about really but I am :roll:

Love
Hileena

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,764
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    It makes sense to me, Hileena. I think second time around the innocence is gone and we're more aware of what can go wrong even though it didn't before and is unlikely to now. Think positive. Watch no hospital dramas. And have a few of my rare ones.(((())))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Hi SW
    2 weeks without my Holby or Casualty :shock: :shock:
    You are right about the innocence having gone....we are more aware of what can go wrong.
    I'm trying to be positive but it's not working all the time
    Thanks
    Love
    Hileena
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Count me in Hileena, we are with you all the way (((()))).......Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    You can definitely count me in Hileena...do you think if I come with you they will do mine at the same time...Like you I am nervous and not got a date yet ...like you say you can make the anesthetist aware of your back probs this time..and just think you will be ready for spring...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I think it's very understandable that you are feeling apprehensive about what lies ahead. It's a big deal and will disrupt life for some time but it will hopefully lead to better times. That is the aim and we will get you there. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Thank you everyone
    Barbara ....I doubt it.....it would be nice wouldn't it if we were in together :)
    DD......thanks. How are you today? I'm suffering payback today :oops:

Love
    Hileena
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    I'll be there too. I can understand you being nervous. I would be too. I imagine second time round would make you more anxious knowing what is going to happen. There's no reason why it won't all go well.
    Christine
  • stickywicket
    OK come clean. Did you watch Casualty last night :lol: I just don't do any hospital stuff before ops because you usually find that's when the surgeons are fighting each other over a woman across the poor patient. However, in my experience, they're more likely to be talking golf or planning a holiday.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    OK Sticky
    Time to 'fess up :lol:
    Yes I did watch casualty last night.
    I don't watch many soaps {like corrie or emmerdale or eastenders} but I do like Casualty, Holby and doctors :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Hi Hileena
    I can totally understand your nerves pre 2nd THR. Sometimes it is harder to face things when you know what you are going into. However, you also know you did it before, you CAN do it again!
    If you ever need a chat pm me xx
    NB
  • hileena111
    Hi
    Thanks NB

Love
    Hileena
  • ouchpotato
    ouchpotato Member Posts: 453
    I'll be there too Hileena.

You're like me, I don't watch the 'normal' soaps like eastenders and corrie as they are far too depressing and loud (always shouting and fighting), but I LOVE doctors and casualty. I am also a sucker for 24 hours in A&E. Gluttons for punishment I reckon :lol:

Oh, and in a way your fear second time around is like childbirth. The first time you are blissfully unaware and feel like an earth mother and think you will do it all naturally and wonder what all the fuss is about. Second time around you nearly pass out as soon as you see the hospital doors, and you grab at any available drug or pain reliever you can find!!! In other words you are more realistic and know what's coming.

x
  • hileena111
    Hi Ouch
    You've got a point there :lol:
    How are you getting on now?

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello Hileena, I apologise for being late replying to your question asking how I am. Well, I'm in pain and hurty but apart from that OK. :D Mr DD went to footy yesterday so I kept myself occupied with unpacking some boxes. :( Only sixty or so left. :( Hey-ho. DD
  • ouchpotato
    Hi Hileena

I'm not great, thanks for asking, but could be a lot worse. I'm sure the constant pain gets to the best of us at some point or another.

x
  • hileena111
    Oh DD
    Take it easy.
    I bet you'll come to some that you haven't used the contents of for ages :roll:
    I know we did.......2 got left in the garage unpacked for a long time.....garages aren't for cars :lol: When we did eventually open them most of the contents went to a charity shop :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • Toots
    Toots Member Posts: 483
    Reporting for hand-holding duties! Take it easy in the meantime and try to cheer yourself with the future prospect of less pain! Hug x
    Toots x
  • hileena111
    Morning
    Well "D" day is almost here.....tomorrow {fri} is the THR
    Thanks for all the offers of pocket duties.......I'll need you all :wink:
    I'll not be online much today.......should be on early evening ffor a while and after that.....don't know :?:
    The last time....it was ages before I could look at the computer but looking back I think it was the tramadol....I was "spaced out" for that 6 weeks so I'm going to ask for other pain killlers/dullers :lol:
    Take care everyone
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    I'll be there, my lovely, and I promise not to distract the surgeon too much with aimless chatter. :wink: You come back to us as and when you can 'cos I guarantee we will still be here.

I wish you very well indeed. Be strong, keep strong and stay strong, we will support you all the way. DD
  • stickywicket
    Me too, Hileena. I promise to stop DD flirting with the surgeon and distracting him :wink:

Last lap now. You'll soon be joshing with the rest of the ward and cursing the physios.

I found online games a real help post-op. I could always delay my dullers by getting involved with them. (Mind you, I was on a laptop. It'd be different with entire computer on your knee :lol: )
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    I'll be there too Hileena good luck I am sure you wont need it (((()))....................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • hileena111
    Hi
    Thank you for your posts.....think I have thanked others :roll:
    So No flirting DD :lol: Sticky is keeping an eye on you :wink:
    Mine is a netbook so not big but no internet in hospital. Have to rely on text until I get home.

Love
    Hileena
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Good luck for tomorrow. I'll be there in your pocket. I'll bring custard creams. Promise to sweep up the crumbs.
    Christine
  • hileena111
    Hi Christine
    Thanks for being tidy :lol: I'll not be bothered coping with that tomorrow :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • ouchpotato
    Me too Hileena, I'll be there too.

Applerose, I'll bring a little handheld vacuum cleaner to save you the job.

x