THR

Comments

• phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Hileena,

I'm so sorry, I've only just spotted your updates on this thread :oops:

It's great that you slept better last night, but the head and neck pain sounds a bit rubbish. Perhaps you can get a special pillow :?:

Hoping things improve for you soon,

Love,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    morning Hileena
    Glad to see you had a better sleep, hope your recovery goes smoothly from now on....you take care and dont do anything i wouldn't do :) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Vino, Hileena? Moi? :? :wink: No, I wish it had because I might have fallen in a more 'relaxed' manner :lol: . I tripped over the left lower strut of my new rollator in the middle of a furniture showroom. I managed to avoid all the lovely soft sofas and landed hard on the carpeted floor. I thought I had 'fooshed' (medico for fallen on outstretched hand) but Mr DD assures me I crash-landed on my left shoulder, thus breaking the upper part of my humerus in three places. :( Life is now very awkward as opposed to just tricky. Hey-ho, only a few weeks to go of not washing properly, not dressing too well, not driving anywhere, wot larks Pip. :D

I hope you passed a better night and that the sleepiness is reducing. Rest up, do what exercises you can and just take things easy, OK? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Christine
    Yep I'm getting spoiled :wink:

Phee
    I've got a V pillow but that just pushed my head forward
    I think ordinary pillows are best

Barbara
    Well now that gives me plenty of scope doesn't it :lol::lol:

DD
    What are you like? True you might have fallen in a more relaxed position. How long are you going to be in plaster?
    Last night wasn't bad thanks. I'm doing what exercises I CAN :oops: Doesn't mean I'm doing all of them :oops:
    Depends what you mean about taking things easy???? We went to Dobbies garden centre this afternoon.......for medicine......coffee and a cream cake :lol: Peter took the scooter in the back of the car, crutches attached to it, I drove in and to the restaurant. Used the crutches to get up the steps to the restaurant and go and find a seat while Peter got the "goodies" I then walked back to the scooter, drove around the garden centre, getting off if I saw something interesting :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Sounds as if you are doing really well. Hope you are starting to sleep better. Coffee and a cream cake are the best medicine you can get. :lol:
    Christine
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Glad to see you are now getting out and about Hileena after your shaky start to your recovery(coffee and cake sounds just what the doc ordered) yes, do what you can you know your own body and know your limitations, lets hope for a speedy recovery...............take care............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    I'm not in plaster, Hileena, I just have a foam sling to hold my wrist so that is pulling nicely on my arthritic neck. :D My V pillow is proving to be useful, it's placed with one leg of the V horizontal and the other vertical, this way it supports my head, left shoulder and upper arm - and provides a small barrier between me and 'im. He has thumped it twice so far and bounces it when he turns over in his sleep (oh to be so vigorous). :roll:

You've been out and about? :shock: Good for you but don't overdo things, you hear? DD
  • barbara12
    Hilleena good for you...yes I have given you to much scope.... :lol: but just getting out for a while is wonderful...glad you got a cream cake out of it.. :D suppose I have not to mention the word rest... :? you take care (((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello, I hope you had a restful night and that things are not too rough for you this morning. One week complete - not too many left! DD
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Hi Hileena ,its gone so very quickly your operation and being home ,I cant believeW your actualy out and about haveing cream cakes and everything I think your pretty incredible and anyone needing it done should feel better after reading your posts ,just hopeing for some better weather for you its definately not for stepping out at the moment so rest up and its great to follow your progress my nieghbours sister is going to have her first hip replacement at the beginning of March and she was more than worried I hope she reads your thread hugs (((((()))))Marrianne :)
  • barbara12
    Hello Hileena
    I knowyou are having a rotten time at the min,but I am hoping that today things start to feel better for you..wish I could help more...(((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Hi All
    Don't think I posted yesterday
    I had a dreadful day. Sick, Shaky, very tired and not eating
    The GP rang to see how I was today and suggested that I try to take 2 codeine instead of the 4 that was suggested.
    I'll give it give and see how bearable the pain is with just 2. I had been thinking about that and trying to balance the pain and the sickness.
    He's prescribed anti sickness tablets for me....Peter is going to pick them up shortly.
    Don't feel so bad today.
    Thanks for all the posts.

DD glad you aren't in plaster......wouldn't want you to have a little skinny, dry arm afterwards :lol:

Marianne.....I hope your sister doesn't read them :lol: it might put her off.

Might go out with Peter for a drive this afternoon
    Coffee.....I didn't say coffee did I?? :lol:

Think that's it for now......had one codeine this morning and will have one tonight. None in between times

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    To be honest I am not surprised you had a rough day yesterday - I reckon you can put two and two together and work out why. If you did go out for a drive this afternoon then be prepared for tomorrow to be another tough day. It's a little more than 168 hours since your surgery and things were not too good in hospital either, were they? I know that resting is dull but if you want things to be better then that is what you must do. Your body has had a traumatic time - it needs some TLC, yes? DD
  • hileena111
    Ohh DD I know. but 6 weeks of looking at the same four walls :cry: They'll be carrying me off :lol:
    I expect pain as payback but this was nausea.
    GP thinks its the codeine so I'm trying to tweak them and see how few I can do with. He also sent me some anti nausea med
    I do feel much better today
    What about you? how's your arm? {and the rest of you } :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Although you are in pain and suffering from nausea, it does sound as if you are doing well. Glad you are feeling better today.
    Christine
  • hileena111
    Thanks Christine
    It's only 10pm but I'm ready to collapse into bed

Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,764
    How are you today, Hileena?

I confess I'm a tad worried about you. Please don't go mad at things. You know the score - exercises and rest mainly. I don't remember Garden Centres coming into it :roll: I hope the sickness, shakiness etc was simply due to the codeine but I imagine your poor body has had quite enough shaking up for now and might be protesting at the demands made on it. Take care. Please :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hope you are feeling a bit better today Hileena and the shakiness and nausea have subsided...........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • hileena111
    Hi
    Thanks
    Sticky do you not think the shakiness is a vicious circle.
    For some reason {probably the codeine} I don't feel great,{sick} because of that I cant face much food, because I am not eating much food I'm shaky. That's my conclusion anyway.
    I'm cutting down on the codeine
    Love
    Hileena
  • cherrybim
    cherrybim Member Posts: 334
    Oh Hileena I really do feel for you! You really shouldn't be trying to extend yourself so much.

Some of us are 'totally allergic' to these post op paindullers. I had a LTNR at the beginning of Oct last year. They gave me opiates and instead of showing my delight at seeing OH I threw up all over myself and his shoes. I hadn't even eaten anything :shock:

This situation went on for about 6 weeks post op and as a consequence I didn't take my prescribed meds. I lost a stone and a half in weight! Happily I'm back to 'normal' now. What really miffed me was that I had told the hospital docs that opiates were a 'no no' for me. They don't appear to listen, seems to be a case of 'one size fits all' well it flippin' doesn't.

I do hope you improve day by day. Your GP seems to be on the ball. 'Rome wasn't built in a day' be kind to yourself, you've made great strides, now take little steps :)

Cherry x
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Hi Hileena, I hope you have a better day today.
    Take care and take it easy :wink:
    Numpty
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,764
    hileena111 wrote:
    Hi
    Thanks
    Sticky do you not think the shakiness is a vicious circle.
    For some reason {probably the codeine} I don't feel great,{sick} because of that I cant face much food, because I am not eating much food I'm shaky. That's my conclusion anyway.
    I'm cutting down on the codeine
    Love
    Hileena

Hileena, you know me. I'm all for taking as few dullers as possible and for cutting down on them asap after an op but.......I really think this is a bigger picture than just the codeine. It's only a few days since you had your hip joint sawn off then an artificial one hammered and glued into place and, in the process, your leg lifted up and down and round about to places it hasn't been since it was a youngster, just to ensure all is now moving well.

I wasn't too surprised about your low blood pressure problems afterwards. What never fails to surprise me (Possibly because, after my first two TKRs I'd to stay in bed for 10 days :shock: ) is the amazing powers of recovery of the human body, the ever-increasing skills of the surgeons and the way pharmaceuticals have developed to enable people who several years ago would have been unable to withstand the rigours of surgery to come out smiling. All this, plus the fear of hospital infections, means that we get out and home much quicker than previously. But that doesn't mean the body heals any quicker. It still needs the TLC and the exercises and not much more.

My own guess is that you're right that you're shaky due to codeine and lack of appetite but I do know that I can get like that when I've simply asked too much of my body and it's crying out for rest. I couldn't even contemplate going out and round a garden centre so soon after any of my ops. I'm only writing this because I know that you know I only have your welfare at heart. Take care, please. xx
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Hi Hileena ,I hope your having a better day today keeping warm and lots of rest ,feeking sick is just awful ,ginger biscuits or chicken noodle soup is sometimes ok but the pain meds do play havoc with our tums ,I am staying put today now the sun has all but vanished and enjoying the rugby (((((())))) hugs Marrianne :)
  • hileena111
    Hi Marriane
    I'm watching the rugby as well.......just had a cup of coffee and a ginger snap :wink:
    Previous to that......lunchtime I had a slimfast drink......not because of diet but because I fancied it and didn't fancy lunch.
    Enjoy the rugby

Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    Hello Hileena
    I hope today is a little better for you...over a week now since your op..time fly's when you are having fun.... :roll: ((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara