THR

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Glad to see you are doing ok Hileena hope all goes well with the staple removing :shock: ................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Hope the staples come out easy...that will be another stage out the way..and I am glad you are pleased with your hair...I had my cut and coloured before I went in..and my hubby said the same....men eh...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi
    I had 17 staples in
    The nurse took 10 out and left the ones in the middle until Monday. :roll:
    She said she was being over-cautious but would rather be safe than sorry. It was a bit "puffy" in the middle of it
    Oh well....maybe they'll be out by Monday. :)
    The wound is sore now and I thought that would be it as far as a sore wound is concerned but I suppose Monday will start the wound off again.....Never mind. :wink:
    I'll get there eventually :wink:
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I loathe staples. :cry: My inner over-tired-tantrum-ridden-two-year-old surfaces and makes her presence felt in no uncertain manner. :oops: 17? That doesn't sound that many (mine were always in the 30s) but surely a shorter wound is no bad thing! I hope the puffiness eases, maybe rest a little more and . . . . . . OK Hileena, I'll change the record. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    I'm trying to rest DD :lol:
    Or as near to rest as I can......if I go to the Metro Centre for instance ......tomorrow. Peter will drop me and trusty scooter off and he will go to Newcastle.
    I'll just scoot around browsing etc. The only time I will get off that scooter is to have a coffee {using crutches}
    Surely that's a cross between resting and going stark raving mad :lol:
    Sunday I doubt that I'll be doing much at all then she'll be back on Monday. :)
    I don't mind staples.....well no more than stitches.
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    I guess my early years as a sickly only child have served me well when it comes to keeping myself entertained whilst others get on with living life. I did go out this morning, back to our old house to rescue some final bits and pieces, then he brought me back here where I have painfully and slowly unpacked and placed some of it and stowed the rest. :wink: I'm waiting for him to return so I can sort out some lunch.

If you did go out then I hoped you enjoyed it, a change of scene does help. DD
  • hileena111
    Hi DD
    Hope you don't have payback tomorrow.
    I did go out, bought a couple of tops, some basic superdrug things and a £1.99 book at the works.
    That's me for the rest of the day
    I will rest now :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    good for you Hilleena..like you said didn' :D t go raving mad.. :D the works is one of my favorite shops some real bargains in there..now are you resting... :? xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Yep Barbara.....I'm resting.
    Mixture of feet up watching TV for a while, then I get a bit stiff so up and over to computer for a while, then over to the chair to read for a while.

Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    Such a busy life ..and mine isn't much better...hey but time is moving on ...wont be long before things improve...fingers crossed xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,764
    May I ask if you find you leg swells much, Hileena? It's just that, if you're off on your scooter and sitting at the computer etc you seem to be getting away with much less elevation than I needed after both my THRs. I found my legs didn't swell much with the TKRs but, after the THRs I'd to elevate all the time I was sitting and was at least 3 weeks before I could get my shoe on :roll: I know we're all different but this seems very different. I'm jealous :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    Forgot to ask did you take the Arnica..mine swelled but not much..and after I used the Arnica gel on my knee that had some bruising on it..hope today is a good one
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Morning
    No Sticky......my leg doesn't swell much.
    I've got to admit that on my scooter for so long yesterday did hurt....made it very achy. :o
    When I say ...on the computer, back to the chair to read, then to the settee to elevate both legs......its not normally for a long time. Its like arthritis.....too much sitting is bad and too much walking is bad :cry: So I just try to change positions constantly.

I was able to get a shoe on immediately. Normally in the house I wear socks with rubber soles but {forget what they are called but these ones came from the hospital} but if my feet get cold or I'm going out the shoes go on.

Barbara ...No I didn't try the arnica.......By the time you mentioned it ...it was nearly time for the op. The other thing is where did you use it? The wound is completely covered? Cant wait to get the dressing off so I can possibly use my pernaton on certain places.

Sticky forgot to mention.......when I elevate my legs its on the settee, with my V cushion behind me but I cant stay there very long because then my back aches :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    I'm pleased to report that there is no payback as such but my right arm is aching because it's working so hard! :) It sounds as though you had a pleasant time - I'm pleased for you, hopefully it will make the indoor stuff a little easier to bear. DD
  • hileena111
    Hi DD
    So pleased you haven't had payback. One arm is bound to ache being used more than the other.
    :wink:
    Peter is retired and wasn't when I had my first THR so quite frequently its.....do you want to go out for coffee???
    Is the pope catholic :lol::lol: Silly question to ask me.
    Today about 2pm he said lets go to Eldon Square {shopping centre in the centre of Newcastle} Sarah manages a coffee shop there.......so we headed there, had coffee, he went off and Sarah grabbed 10 min break to come and chat then I got on the trusty scooter and went around a few places {about 20 mins roughly} then we met and are home now. :D
    Nurse comes tomorrow to take the remaining staples out {I hope} :roll: So probably in the house tomorrow.
    Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    Hileena sorry I dont explain things very well :? I took the arnica tabs before and after the op..and rubbed the gel in my knee were there was some bruising..it soon got rid of it..glad you had such a good day...you go girl... :D hope the clips come out ok..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,764
    Thanks for the info, Hileena. I certainly couldn't have done what you do after a THR. I'd to keep mine elevated most of the time when not exercising - in the recliner when Mr SW was there to haul me out and in the wheelchair with my foot on the coffee table :oops: when he wasn't.

Good luck with the staples. Easier than stitches, I find.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Hi
    Yes I think staples are easier than stitches....hope they come out tomorrow
    My elevating.....is on the settee, lying back against the V shaped pillow. My R leg goes up first {un-operated} and the other {L leg} goes up next. I don't seem to have any problem lifting it up onto the settee. When I came home it was a matter of grabbing my trouser leg and giving the leg a helping hand :lol:

Barbara....think it was too late to worry about the arnica by the time I realised.

Never mind.....I've survived

Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Morning all
    Well the nurse has been and gone. She swaid she had done th right thing leaving those few staples in for the extra days.
    They are all out now but I've still got a dressing on it.
    Another nurse {if not her} will come and check it on Wed and see if its OK to remove it.
    That's the latest

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Arnica does nowt for me, I'm a witch-hazel girl. :) I'm about to embark on a first for me, doing an on-line grocery shop. Gulp. I guess it's similar to going out! Glad you had a better day yesterday, I hope the staple removal goes according to plan and that the swelling has lessened. DD

PS Good news there - I guess the dressing will stay in place for a while yet, the last thing you need is a wound infection.
  • hileena111
    Hi
    Good luck with the on line shopping.
    The dressing might be off on Wed???

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello Hileena, how's things? I hope the dressing is off and all is looking good. I'm having a tough-ish day, the weather's horrid and I made the silly mistake of giving Mr DD my bank card so he could get some money for me - I should have written down its numbers, I can't shop online! :x DD
  • Fionabee
    Fionabee Member Posts: 146
    DD, did you complete your online shop and then discover you had no card? I'm sure you can just park the shop and go back to it a bit later??
    I did an online shop a couple of weeks ago, it is useful, but although I made a list, I still forgot bits that I am prompted to buy when I see them.
    I was a real lover of it a few years ago and then went off it after a run of poor substitutions and bashed apples, always spent less tho!
    Since then I have become an Aldi convert, but they don't do it yet.
  • hileena111
    Hi D
    Thanks.....but another dressing is on. When she took the dressing off it had been seeping a bit so another one on until Fri. Different nurse will be here then to check it. :roll:
    It's better to have the dressing on than chance an infection isn't it? :wink:
    It's not affecting my recovery.
    So that's it for the minute. Fri morning have to see the physio. He just wants to discuss a session of acupuncture I had before the THR and how it went. Then do I want to start another one. I will but obviously not for a while :lol: Hopefully home in time for the nurse....she was told it would have to be the afternoon.

Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Hi All
    Well I'm 3 weeks post op today.
    Went for my one and only visit to the physio today. He's quite happy with me. I'm walking well with one crutch {cant walk without any...well only a few steps}
    Gave me a couple of extra exercises to do on top of the ones I was given leaving hospital.
    After my 6 week ??? visit to the otho I'm to give m=hime a ring and let him know how things are. Do I need another appointment with him or not?
    I still haven't heard from the ortho yet ...we are going away 8 weeks post op so I'm trying to get in touch with his secretary today to let her know and get it moved :lol:
    Then the nurse......who was told I had an 11am appointment at the hospital.......came at 10.55 and put a note through the door :roll:
    I got in touch and she has just been........the dressing is off but its still seeping a little so another one on......she'll be back on Tuesday.
    That's the latest from me :D

Love
    Hileena