Comments

• marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Good luck for tomorrow Hileena thinking about you (((())))Marrianne
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Best wishes Hileena, sending you some (((()))
    Anna
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Hi Hileena,

I'm so sorry I've only just seen this!

I hope I'm not too late to report for pocket duties and I hope everything goes well. I'll be crossing my toes for you :)

Love,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Thinking about you today Hileena..and wishing you a speedy recovery....((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Catie
    Catie Member Posts: 362
    Hileena, if your surgeon is 'drop-dead gorgeous', then I think we'll all be there giving our support :)
    Seriously, I hope everything goes really well for you :)

Catie x
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Hi Hileena, I hope all is as well as it can be. Thinking of you. (((())))
    Numpty
  • Sarah01
    Sarah01 Member Posts: 192
    Hi Hileena

By now you will have had your op and recovering. I may not be as experienced as others on this forum only having my 1st THR 2 weeks ago, but I'm here if you want a chat.

Take care and I hope everything went well

Sarah x
  • barbara12
    Just to let you all know that Hileena had a really bad night..her blood presume dropped so she has to lie flat...this will be so hard with her bad back..and she has been sick..not surprising ..bless I do wish her a good recovery and hope today is a better one...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi Hileena,

sorry to hear you are having a rough time of it. If you are having to lie flat and it's playing havoc with your back, insist on them finding you a decent mattress - they do have them, but probably not on the ortho ward.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    So sorry you had a rough night Hileena, hope you are feeling a bit better today gentle (((()))) hoping you have a quick recovery.................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,764
    Thanks for the update, Barbara.

Hileena, I hope things are a bit better today. I hate the whole sleeping on the back thing after THRs and I don't even have scoliosis. I'd have hoped they'd have given you a decent mattress to start with but, if not, it is worth asking. I have, at times, been awarded one from the off just by virtue of having RA. At other times nothing happened until it became necessary.

Thinking of you very much.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    Poor Hileena had another bad day yesterday with two transfusions..but she is now a little better bless her and sat in a chair..I hope this continues and you are soon home in your own bed...((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh no, our poor girl, this sounds rough. :( Please pass on my very best wishes, Barbara, tell her I am thinking of her and I hope things improve soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Sending some gentle (((()))) hope things are starting to improve now......................tc..................Marie xxx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Just sending a few more very gentle (((())) Hileena and hope you will soon be feeling a little better. Hope you have managed to get a more comfortable mattress by now.

Thinking of you and wishing you well.

Beryl

xx
  • stickywicket
    I guess that's better but I know from bitter experience :lol: that sitting in the chair doesn't necessarily translate into 'feeling better'. I hope today will be the 'feeling better' day. I'm thinking of you very much, Hileena.
    Steven Wright
  • Sarah01
    Sarah01 Member Posts: 192
    So sorry to hear you have not been doing too well. Hope you are soon feeling a lot better. Thinking of you.

Take care

Sarah x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,128
    Hello Hileena
    I hope you have a better day to day.((((((((Hileena))))))))
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Everyone
    Barbara ....thanks for posting for me.
    I'm home today.
    Very shivery, very sore still and a bit "queasy" if there is such a word {ask for a translation if needed :lol: }
    As Barbara said the first night they got me out of bed to go to the toilet and my BP plummeted to the floor and I fainted.
    The next day....exactly the same.
    Then they pumped me full of blood.....2 bags. Stopped my BP tablets.
    I'm also very very tired and I don't think I'll get much better in the next six weeks {tiredness wise I mean}
    I'm back on BP tablets so it must be better :lol:
    I take codeine when needed {usually one a night}
    They had me on codeine 4 times a day and only today did I discover it was 30mg {I'm only on 15mg}
    They have now taken it down to 4 a day 15mg. so hopefully I'll soon get rid of that "bunged up feeling" I've got oromorph as an emergency.
    I think that's it so just ask if you want to know anything else.....not really thinking {or typing} :lol: very clearly yet.
    Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    Hileena, it's lovely to see you back where you belong :D:D:D

I'm always cold when I come home from hospital. They have them so hot that my usual 'hospital dress ' consists of a very thin, short-sleeved nightie and knickers. Then I come home to multi-layers.

There is definitely such a word as queasy. It's a good 'un.

After my first 'walk' after my knee revision I immediately blacked out on the commode. How's that for style :lol:

The tiredness will go eventually but first you have a lot of anaesthetic and narcotics to get out of your system. Plus, I assume, you're no better at sleeping on your back than the rest of us. Even worse, I imagine.

I'm sure Peter will take good care of you (by bloke standards :wink: ) so just you let him, be a lady of leisure, relax and recover.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    Hileena it must be good to be home in your own surroundings...I am hopeing you managed some sleep but I know its not easy being on your back when its painful..I like SWs post looking after (by blokey standards)...my hubby use to have probs getting the ted stockings on me...he would squeeze my leg with one hand and pull the stocking on with other..I was black and blue...but we got there...hope today is a goodish one..((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello gorgeous! :D What a lovely surprise to see your name on here. As usual Sticky is right on the money about the tiredness etc., there will be some residual stuff to be expelled and sleeping is usually the best way to do it. I too am sleeping in an odd position - rather than turn up to support you I decided it would be more fun to break my left arm. :wink:

I am thinking of you very much and hope that your husband has a better understanding of the Florence Nightingale thing than mine. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,128
    Hello Hileena
    it's nice to see you back on the forum again. I hope you have a speedy recovery take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi All
    I've just sent a post which has disappeared into cyber space :cry:
    Thanks everyone.....You are right Sticky.....still lots of anaesthetic etc to get out of my body.
    Slept a bit better last night...until 5.30am which is good but woke up with a pain down the back of my head and neck :?
    DD ....what have you been up to....I haven't been on much so haven't seen your thread. I must go a look for it and find out what happened to you.....Was it the vino again :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Good to see you are home Hileena. It must be so difficult trying to get comfortable on your back but hopefully you'll get used to it. Hope you are getting spoiled a little.
    Christine