THR

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'm having a rotten week-end, end of. As far as I'm concerned I don't have much choice about staying indoors, I can only use one stick, I can't drive and - probably best of all on the temptation front - my husband is at work. :) He will be taking me to the hospital on Tuesday for another Xray so I'll see a bit of the world then - woo-hoo! :lol:

The time will pass because that is what it does (remember Christmas? That was only six weeks ago.) so rest, exercise, rest, exercise and maybe go out for a short while every now and again but no more. Just because we are at home does not mean that we are OK: we're not. :( DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Barbara
    Not feeling too bad today
    DD
    I sympathise with you.......Like up I'm used to driving and the thought of 6 weeks of no driving is enough to send me scatty :lol:
    Of course you'll only be able to use one stick.....had forgotten about that. I can use 2 crutches but its a lot sorer than it was before they started :? I suppose that's to be expected. Paul Sarah and Grace were here for a couple of hours today and that will be it for the rest of the day.
    You take care
    Love
    Hileena
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Hi Hileena,

Just flying in to wish you well! I haven't had any joint surgery (I'm not allowed!), but I'm sure a bit of soreness is to be expected, given what you've been through. I hope you feel better soonest.

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • hileena111
    Hi Phee
    Thanks for that.......you don't have to answer this but curious to know why you aren't allowed joint surgery.
    I'm sure soreness is to be expected. You are right.

Love
    Hileena
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Hi Hileena ,Just wanted to wish you well for this week ,Hope your getting stronger by the day,and had a good weekend I did enjoy the rugby to sending hugs (((())))Marrianne
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello Hileena, how are things with you today? I am thinking of you. DD
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hope you had a good weekend Hileena, I cant believe that is over a week already..................take care..................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,764
    Thinking of you, Hileena. I hope things are heading in the right direction.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • phoenixoxo
    Hi Hileena,

I'm happy to answer all questions! :)

I'm not allowed joint surgery because I have poor venous return. This was discovered after I developed a stasis ulcer a few years ago. My legs are fine now as I spend so much time with them elevated, but the surgeons told me that I present too high a risk for DVT for them to consider operating.

I hope you're less sore today,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • hileena111
    Hi Everyone
    Thanks Phee for the explanation
    I'm quite sore today......I seem to be having days where I'm fine and days where I'm not so fine :roll:
    I did nothing yesterday so its not payback!!!......Paul Anna and Grace came to see me and that was it.
    Oh well the district nurse is coming tomorrow morning so I'll talk to her.
    It's a week today that I came out of hospital.

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    From what I've read on here over the years a better day followed by a not-so-good-day is very much par for the course - it's the way it goes, yes? One thing is for sure though - you are better off at home than in hospital! I hope today is one of the better ones, tomorrow too. Take care, you hear? ((( ))) DD
  • hileena111
    Morning DD
    I totally agree......much better off at home. Especially since there were 2 night nurses that were awful. The rest were lovely.
    I think it will be a quiet day today as well.
    Nurse then Peter is doing his usual Tuesday walk. EWish I could :lol:
    Love
    Hileena
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Hi Hileena ,just looking in to say hello ,Hopeing your having a good day and continueing steady improvement its not that good out at the moment as you know missed my bus from town so really glad to be in as well hugs Marrianne(((()))
  • hileena111
    Hi Marriane
    For the first time in ages here there was sunshine...not now because its 5.05 but its been a nice day.
    Scooter to the Metro Centre with Peter and a coffee and cake {well half a cake :oops: } at Neros.
    District nurse came this morning and seems happy enough with the wound so it seems to be on for Fri......staple removal.

Love
    Hileena
  • phoenixoxo
    hileena111 wrote:
    Thanks Phee for the explanation

You're welcome, Hileena :)

Good luck with the staple removal!

Best wishes,
    Phee
  • stickywicket
    Hope it's going OK, Hileena. Thinking of you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Thanks Sticky
    I suppose its as well as can be expected......bit sore across the top of my leg today. Haven't been doing much apart from exercises etc. I suppose a week and a half out of hospital I cant expect to be doing to splits :lol:
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Sounds as if you are doing marvellously. As you say, it's only been a week and a half. Just keep up with the exercises and the rest and you'll get there in no time.
    Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    Morning Hileena, how's things this morning? I hope you had as good a night as possible given the sleeping position issue - it's truly miserable trying to sleep in an upright position, yes? :( DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Hileena..Im just popping in to see how you are doing...I have just been explaining to Elsa how you get the ups and downs..for a few weeks really..then you seem to turn a corner..I know hoe painful is is to lie on your back..so I do feel for you..
    I hope today is a good one for you ...I still cant do the splits after 7months... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Morning all
    Not a bad night......although I don't feel rested if tat makes sense :?
    I'm still sore across the top of my leg {front} but I suddenly realised at 10am that I hadn't taken my 9am naproxen.....that wont help :roll:
    I've been trying to have a lot less codeine than they prescribed but its not working......I'm just sore so why should I suffer??
    when there is no need to.
    Oh well another day ahead. I've got a hairdressing appointment at 12 noon......I cant bend forward to wash my hair and can only use dry shampoo for so long so fork out money for a blow dry now and then.

Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    By now you'll be glammed up, I guess. I bet that feels better. Now get that leg up :lol:
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Hi Sticky
    Yes I feel much better now.
    It was a junior that did it but I'm happy with it. The girl that normally does it {too expensive to go to for in between blow drys} especially when you have short hair was about and told her what way I had it done.
    I'll be back to my normal girl in less than 2 weeks for my monthly cut and blow dry. We'll see how it goes between now and then

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    The three greatest luxuries in life (according to me) are clean hair, clean feet and a good scratch. I'm pondering whether to ask my husband to tackle my bonce with his clippers, a Grade 4 all over could be useful: I care not how it will look.

You are still in the early days of recovery so take the pain relief that you need - invest in some Califig too. :wink: Being less uncomfortable is an important factor in getting better, yes? I hope you are resting and exercising as you should and not overdoing things at other times. This hiatus in life will pass - I'm two weeks in, just another six to go so I've done a quarter of my sentence. :lol: DD
  • hileena111
    Morning DD
    Don't know whether I said but the day before my op I went to the hairdressers and had my colour done {it was due} and cut. Peter couldn't understand this :lol: MEN!!!!
    Surely there are more important things than that.......NO.....what do you think is more important? :wink:

Two weeks today so that's a third of the way.....two thirds to go.
    Nurse is coming to take my staples out today.
    As you say it will pass. Believe it or not I still worry about twisting or bending a little bit......this is the 2nd one!!!!!!

Love
    Hileena