Mig Updates

Options

Comments

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    DD, I think you have done an excellent job and yes, it has been awful for all of us. I hope it turns cooler soon. :? Take care. t4591

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Right, I'm off to stand in the corner wearing an XXXL dunces cap.

Don 't you dare :shock: You'll have us lot to answer to if you try it :x

Mig, you've done so well and, although there's a bunch of stuff to endure in a short time, you have shown yourself to be up to it. Well done! Keep going. There's a crate of wine attached to the finishing post :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Kitty
    Options
    Well done! Keep going. There's a crate of wine attached to the finishing post
    and don't forget to ring the finishing bell too. :wink:

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Mig,

You are such a strong lady to get through this treatment as you have. I'm truly in awe of you! I hope the final tests go well and you are starting to feel more like yourself.

DD - thank you for the regular updates. And you haven't been lacking in "your duties". In fact, you've done a fabulous job! Thank you.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    Thinking of you Mig, while you go through the raft of appointments, infusion, intrathecal, PET scans and hubby having his Op too. Large cups of T are always available, gentle hugs and a mountain of strength t4591

DD, the weather has sapped us all, you have not failed in any duties and all fans must be on 24 / 7 XX
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Thank you, everyone, for your kind words - they are much appreciated.

I have heard from our girl and things are going OK. She had an eye examination on Monday due to having taken hydroxy and will have another one next year then - hopefully - be discharged from that clinic. Tomorrow she is having her picc line checked and hopefully removed which would be a very good thing.

Ghastly day here, very blustery, dark and unpleasant. More bluster, dark and unpleasantness tomorrow with my PIP assessment. :shock: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbles
    Options
    Glad to hear that things are going ok Mig (via DD :) )

Removing the PICC line would be great. Another step, which of course, deserves another cuppa and some ((()))

Will be thinking of you too DD, at your PIP assessment. Much love XX
  • Kitty
    Options
    Bless you DD, you have done us proud and been an excellent go between on mig's behalf. Having the PICC line removed will be the easiest part of mig's ordeal. t4591 t4591 t4591 t4591 t4591

• dreamdaisy
    Options
    Brief update: the line has stayed in place as there was nothing in her notes about removal, this has to be OKayed by the docs which makes sense. Next Thursday is her bone marrow biopsy and then, hopefully, the way out of the woods will be becoming clearer.

I got on OK today, very tired now. Yaaaaaawn. DD
  • Kitty
    Options
    Phew, nevermind DD, have a cuppa and one of Bubble's superb cakes and then take a nap for the rest of the day. f055.gif

t69044 t69044 t69044 t69044 t69044 t69044 t69044 t69044

Good luck with PIP. t4591

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    They are wise to keep the picc line in until all is done and dusted - so much easier for blood tests etc.

Best of luck on Thursday mig ((()))

Love

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    A small update: she is doing good, keeping active and gently busy plus eating well which is marvellous. Tomorow brings the scan and bone marrow thingamajig and then we wait . . . . . . DD
  • bubbles
    Options
    That is good to hear DD, so glad Mig is feeling better and eating well. Gentle busy is excellent.
    Just the bone marrow biopsy and scan. Large cups of T will be waiting and a lot of strength and love, as always t4591 t115006
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I was nearly right. :D Her picc line has been removed and the bone marrow biopsy completed. The scan is on the 29th of August.

A girlie note: her eyelashes have regrown and she is once more able to apply mascara. DD
  • Kitty
    Options
    Phew! Almost over, time for a nice cuppa T and a slice of cake as Worzel Gummidge used to say. Thanks DD You're a STAR.

• dreamdaisy
    Options
    I don't know about that, kathleenT, but I do know that cake looks amazing!

I've heard from her today, she is still eating well which is good and still feeling tired which isn't that surprising, is it? I am going to step down for a few days as nothing is due to happen until her appointment on 21 August, many thanks to all of you who have taken the time and trouble to post to encourage Mig along this very difficult way. It has been an honour to report in and one I hope I never have to do again. DD
  • Kitty
    Options
    You deserve a good long rest DD as does mig. This looks like a good idea. :D

e032.gif

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Thanks DD ..wishing you well Mig with the biopsy results and the scan...and sending many hugs and love.. t4591 t115006
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Sorry folks, bit rushed and no specs so hope this is legible.

it's good news all-round with mig, her bloods were all good, the bone marrow CLEAR - hurrah! - and she's back in teo weeks for the result of the PET scan. DD
  • Kitty
    Options
    Mig, you are our hero

Thank you DD For bringing us such brilliant news. t69044

060.gif060.gif060.gif

• dreamdaisy
    Options
    It was my pleasure! DD
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hello forum friends today is a big day in my life I was told I'm in remission, it seems a lifetime since february when I was diagnosed with lymphoma till today, I owe a lot to DD who started this thread and kept it updated she was and is a sea of calm in a storm tossed world, thank you DD.
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life. t7304 I rang the bell but this was the best I could find. Mig
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    What wonderful news Mig, I'm so pleased for you.
  • crinkly1
    crinkly1 Member Posts: 156
    Options
    Great news indeed. We celebrate with you.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Great news, mig :D Now you can sit back and enjoy the cricket :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright