Post Trapeziectomy Hand Therapy

Options
Trish9556
Trish9556 Member Posts: 525
edited 21. Feb 2024, 20:25 in Living with arthritis

Hi All

I hope this is permitted, I have attached here the PDF document my brilliant hand therapist gave me in 2020 which I stuck to religiously and it works. @Zuccho77 following our chats on your threads you might like to try these.

I hope others find it useful. Please ignore the notes in the margins - recovery isn't a one size fits all.

The number of reps started at 3-4 and increased to 5 reps at least five times dailhy.

I am always willing to help if anyone has a problem/query that I might be able to help with.

I should add that I have noted that patients tend to be kept in plaster for 4 weeks now whereas my wonderful surgeon took mine off after 2 weeks so I assume recovery is now taking much longer because of this the joints are much stiffer.

The only hand therapy I am qualified in is as a Trapeziectomy survivor - these were written by a qualfied hand therapist as I have previously stated.

Good luck everyone and please let me know how you get on.

Trish xx

Comments

• Zuccho77
    Zuccho77 Member Posts: 11
    Options

Thank you so much for this. I wasn’t given anything and told only to do 2 exercises. I’m back tomorrow so will see where I am at. Still have loads of swelling though and discolouration.

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 525
    edited 8. Apr 2024, 20:46
    Options

@GmG

Try the attached

Trish