Beating me

Options

Comments

• noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi all still down and very tired does anyone else get like this it cant just be me although it feels like it my toes are soo bad today they really annoy me and i just need to break out of feeling so useless did not succumb to my old ways nearly did but it would be a catasrophe to go down old route seeing gp on monday might get a magic pill orf to bed soon or should i go clubbing but there would be no point as i feel so rotten i cant believe everyone can be so positive except me thats what makes me believe im useless sorry
  • lindah
    lindah Member Posts: 445
    Options
    Hello.you're not alone feeling like this.At times the arther gets to us all.I was crying in the docs on Wednesday cos the woman I used to be is gone.
    It's hard to find anything positive to come out of all this but try we must. One thing - if I was still fit and working I wouldn't have been around to spend time with my grandsons and be moral support to daughters. They were reminding me of this when I was down and it did help to think I was good for something.
    The doctor did say that because I was as tired things seem much worse,the pain is harder to cope with and it begins a vicious cycle.pain-tiredness and depression. It certainly helps to come on here and offload the grumps,there are such wonderful listeners - including you who are an inspiration.We all may take turns in the roles.
    Sorry for rabbitting on but I think you know by now we are here for you the same as you being there for us in your better times.
    Linda H
  • denpen
    denpen Member Posts: 389
    Options
    noeltone wrote:
    Hi all still down and very tired does anyone else get like this it cant just be me although it feels like it my toes are soo bad today they really annoy me and i just need to break out of feeling so useless did not succumb to my old ways nearly did but it would be a catasrophe to go down old route seeing gp on monday might get a magic pill orf to bed soon or should i go clubbing but there would be no point as i feel so rotten i cant believe everyone can be so positive except me thats what makes me believe im useless sorry

Hiya Hun,
    We all feel like that sooo crap every so often as well you know!! and you know it will get a little easier in a few days, just hang on in there, and well done for not turning to the drink you knew it wouldnt help, go see your doctor and get the help you need and deserve. Then you can go clubbing!!! yeah!!!
    Everyone cares about you thats why you have so much support we are all trying to help you out of this down period you are going through at the mo. Just hang on in there and post to let all your friends know how you are each day.
    Take care
    Denise.x
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    denpen wrote:
    noeltone wrote:

Hiya Hun,
    We all feel like that sooo crap every so often as well you know!! and you know it will get a little easier in a few days, just hang on in there, and well done for not turning to the drink you knew it wouldnt help, go see your doctor and get the help you need and deserve. Then you can go clubbing!!! yeah!!!
    Everyone cares about you thats why you have so much support we are all trying to help you out of this down period you are going through at the mo. Just hang on in there and post to let all your friends know how you are each day.
    Take care
    Denise.x

Hi Christov
    So glad to see you resisted the temptation. That takes some doing! Well done, you should be very proud of yourself. You know even though we all try to be positive I think we all suffer from varying degrees of depression when the pain gets bad. Its a normal reaction. You only have to look at an animal that feels ill, they just hide themselves away and sleep until they feel better. We all just try to jivvy ourselves and each other up, as pain is so much worse when you feel down.
    Tell yourself each day how strong you are for coping with all that you do and tell yourself how much you must have done for others to have so many people who care about you .
    Take care of yourself Christov and keep posting so we know you are OK
    love Gillx
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Options
    noeltone wrote:
    i cant believe everyone can be so positive except me thats what makes me believe im useless sorry

Hi Chrisov, So glad to hear from you - thank you for making the effort and coming 'on'.

All of us have 'down' times, when things look very bleak. And I don't think any of us are 'positive' all the time, I think sometimes we just have to force, really force, ourselves to think positively to drag our mood back up.
    It can be very hard - but the alternative is sinking deeper into a dark place, and the deeper you sink the harder it is to get back up.

You have done bl**dy brilliant by not giving in to your old habits - proving Chrisov that you are 'in charge' and are fighting (and winning) this downer :)

As others have asked, until this mood has passed PLEASE post daily because we are all concerned about you and want to support you through this!

Keep fightin' hun.

Jackie x
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Hey Chrisov .... Wonky calling!

not been on here too much myself just lately ...... so only just seen this thread. I am really sorry to hear that you have been struggling.

Firstly, do read and re-read all that others have already said .... what they say is TRUE ... you are VERY useful in so many ways to all of us on here.

You are also a great grandad and little Charlie is going to need you there for him when he visits and you visit him. He doesn't care if you come with arthur or anything else .... he loves you for being YOU!

I have posted on here before when I have been as down as you - I know it is hard to read positive comments and really recognise that they are about you when you are feeling so low. BUT .... do read them, and think about them. People are being positive FOR you, and wanting to help. They might not have been feeling very positive about their day, but they have tried to brighten yours.

Remember what we talked about when we met up - what we see of a person is not always what is going on under the surface, and silly people who don't know that aren't worth worrying about .... .especially if they want arthur to be some sort of competition! :shock: :x :x

Be PROUD of what you have achieved with the drink (or rather without it!) it takes a real man to deal with all that you have and still stay away from the bottle.

thining of you and sending hugs (albeit gentle ones!)

littlelegs sends lots of tail wags to make you smile.

allt he best,
    A
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi Chrisov

Sorry only just read your thread. Like others have said we need you, you definitely are not useless. You have acheived so much and I'm sure you can do more.

Wait until Charlie can talk he'll tell you, he needs his grand dad :)

Keep swimming you will get there, I did :)

Love
    Vonski x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    HI Chrisov
    So glad to hear from you and that you didn't use the 'old' prop - that is a good thing :)
    We get there the same way you do - humour - 'CLUBBING'???? as if :shock:
    Sometimes also probably like you do - we put on a front and don't tell people we feel bad.
    Then sometimes to trusted friends and people who will understand (like each other here) we can tell the truth about how we feel.
    Until it passes and it will
    Love
    Toni xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    'morning Chrisov

Just chipping in to say hello. I hope today will be easier for you.

Luv
    Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    Hi Chrisov

Glad to see you posting.

Hope you feel a lot better soon
    and a big well done for keeping strong
    and not going down 'other routes'.

I would miss you terribly if you dont send
    messages, do quizzes, give us so much
    advice with your knowledge, and by the looks
    of the postings so would dozens of us.

Be that stong grandpa for Charlie wont you,
    it will be so worth it.

Take care
    and all good wishes

Kath xx
  • snoops
    snoops Member Posts: 29
    Options
    noeltone wrote:
    Ive gone down with the arthur is beating me with his big stick and as to forming any plan for the future i might as well form an elephant. what began it was someone saying oh you are not as bad as that person well how do they know, i am actually well i may not be but it is not a competition we are what we are and how we are .im not working i am useless nevber will work again cant lift a can without pain
    i know i am useless been told it all my life and i dont know how to beat this negativity cant even turn my head or move my right foot feet or pick up a pen today or hold a book without pain in my right hand pain and my toes feel as though they are spiked and joints inflammed and swollen and so tender and they say you are not that bad.
    any tips on how to snap out of it would be mosty welcome my care for others my wit have all gone cant be bothered with others and for once bed is not an option as i am sick and tired of bed and sleep and for once i am not bothered about moaning and peeps thinking hes orf again i dont want to go back to my old ways of drinking no good with meds i am on would really make me ill or the drugs but feel close to doing it again i have been clean for nearly 2 years
    Hi,
    This is my 1st day on this site & I am so sorry (Yuk word but only one I know) you feel so low. I have been there many times in that Dark Deep Pit that you have to get yourself out of. Not Easy but you can get there!!!! Pain is a Bugger & works on your soul but there is a great bunch on this site!!! They rain sunshine & I feel so releived I have found them!!! I am actually smileing today!!!
    Please Take care & as the others have said stay on site for tonnes of suppert!!!
    Ann SnoopsXXXX
  • noeltone
    Options
    Hi all just been lurking on here for half and hour and reading lots at least i feel like keeping in touch normally i disappear in a black pit for awhile so sorry for that and for feeling beaten sorry to any first timers but bad with arthurititis etc atm
  • harleyd14
    harleyd14 Member Posts: 259
    Options
    you have no need NO NEED AT ALL to apologise, we are all just glad that you popped back on to the forum, take it easy Chrisov, love Sally.xx :)
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hi chrisov :)

It is positive news that you wish to keep in touch. There is absolutely no need to apologise for anything. We all have our bad days, some more often and much worse than others.

We all try to keep each other afloat - it makes us all feel better. The longer we are participating on the forum we get to know peeps better too.

You are doing ok, hope today was a little better for you - I believe it may have been. I really hope so.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • lindah
    lindah Member Posts: 445
    Options
    Hi Chrisov,
    Being on the arthur forum means never having to say sorry,
    Linda H
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Options
    Hey there Chrisov,

Just remember: when your down in that 'black pit' there are many hands on here helping to pull you back out.

Keep fightin a015.gif

Jackie x
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Chrisov

I keep looking in on this thread hoping you are beginning to feel better,and that you are gaining a bit more strength. So many of us are reaching out to you, and wishing you well. I am so glad that you are keeping in touch. Keep on fighting, and we are with you all the way. You don't need to apologise for how you feel; it isn't your fault.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    Options
    hi,i just wanted to send you (((())))hugs & wish you well.
    ive been down that road soooo many times,but im not adding my stories cause that wont help you through.
    we all care,were all here for you,so come on.keep us posted just let us now ur ok.
    you'll get there,i know its hard.
    debsx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Good Morning Crisov
    The sun is shining here in sunny Cannock! How long for I don't know - but so far so good.
    I hope the day is good for you and the gradual up continues :)
    Take care for now
    Toni xx
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Good Morning Crisov
    The sun is shining here in sunny Cannock! How long for I don't know - but so far so good.
    I hope the day is good for you and the gradual up continues :)
    Take care for now
    Toni xx

Hi Christov
    Just to check out how you are doing today and hope each day that passes is becoming a lilttle easier for you. Dont apologise, i would find it har to believe that any of us on this site are a stranger to depression!!
    Take good care of yourself
    love Gills
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Good morning, Chrisov, :)

I hope it is "good" too or at least you are getting there. My, my, this is the 4th page of your friends looking out for you. Bet you did not know you were that popular, did you? :)

I hope you look in today and to hear from you, would be even better. :)

Luv
    Elna x

• snoops
    snoops Member Posts: 29
    Options
    elnafinn wrote:
    Good morning, Chrisov, :)

I hope it is "good" too or at least you are getting there. My, my, this is the 4th page of your friends looking out for you. Bet you did not know you were that popular, did you? :)

I hope you look in today and to hear from you, would be even better. :)

Luv
    Elna x
    Morning Christov,
    Hope you are smileing today & feeling alittle more positive!!! Hope you had a fairly restful night. Always the worst bit.
    What a great gang of lovely freinds there are on this forum all putting out their hands to support you. Nobody understands what it is like to have constant pain only fellow sufferers.
    Take care,
    Thinking of you. Snoops XXX :)
  • josiec
    josiec Member Posts: 386
    Options
    Hi Chrisov,
    Having been missing for a few days I have just read all the many posts added since my last one. I can add no more to what has been said, I can only echo it, but wanted to pop another post on to let you know we are all still here and rooting for you. As others have said, if you possibly can, please keep popping on so we know you are okay. You are an incredibly strong person-you will continue to be so, I am quite sure, and you will get through this. And until you do, we are all here.
    Josie x
  • noeltone
    Options
    Hi all sorry a bit late logging on but just woken up have started an anti d which is a bit knocking me out so will see how these go thank goodness for the nhs and you kind caring people who leave my family very inadequate looking still feeling myself inadequate and hating arthurititis
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Christov your worth so much more than you think. I hope you will soon feel a lot more positive. (()) Weather you want one or not, Cris