Beating me

Options

Comments

• vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi

Go Elna :) you've said what many think. Jennywren just turns up and spits out her poisin, why does she never offer any support. If you don't like someone don't post. We are here to offer support not to put people down and make them feel worse. Jennywren how would you like it?

Chrisov try to ignore her, we are here to support you through this horrible time.

Love
    Vonski x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Chrisov,

I hope you are still doing well? I really miss seeing your posts and you humour. It's absolutely certain that we will be about to help you anytime you need it so don't let a bit of negativity put you off coming here and saying how you feel. Its very important to have that safe place where you can say exactly how you are, I for several have been wondering how your getting on and hope you do know we care about you and do actually like you. A ((( ))) for you and come back soon. x
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi
    Jennywren, are you for real ? Or are you just trying to annoy everyone on the site? The least helpful thing anyone can say is pull yourself together. You seem to think it is a simple thing to do, and good luck to you if you can do it, but we are not all so lucky. Maybe the time will come when you need support, and then I don't think you will appreciate us all telling you to pull yourself together. Please try to be a little more kind and thoughtful.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI Chrisov,
    sorry not to be on before ...... have been thinking of you whilst dealing with other stuff here.

I think that Elna & Mistywillow have said most of what I would have wanted to say, although they have put it so much better than I could have right now!

All I would add is to remember just how far you have already come, and to look back and think of just how far along your road you have travelled, and how many times along that journey you thought you'd not make it THIS fro, and yet here you are, and with loads of others admiring you for the way in which you have done so.

take care & dont' b afraid to be honest on here - we are here for you and won't judge you harshly - honest.
    love and hugs,
    A
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    Hi
    Jennywren, are you for real ? Or are you just trying to annoy everyone on the site? The least helpful thing anyone can say is pull yourself together. You seem to think it is a simple thing to do, and good luck to you if you can do it, but we are not all so lucky. Maybe the time will come when you need support, and then I don't think you will appreciate us all telling you to pull yourself together. Please try to be a little more kind and thoughtful.

Joan

Hi
    I am beginning to doubt that jennywren is a real person suffering from arthritis, as she appears to be one of those people who likes to reap havoc on forums with unhelpful remarks.
    Jenny, maybe you post these remarks because you are bored or want attention yourself, but truly there are better ways of getting it. I am sure you do not really enjoy the antagonism that your negative postings evoke. So stop playing games with vunerable people . You do seem to be particularly aggressive to Chrisov who is actually doing an incredible job dealing with all his difficulties.
    So turn over a new leaf Jenny if you are real and join in the spirit of the forum which is to SUPPORT each other! If you are just a mischief maker there are plenty of other sites I am sure where the people on it are not of such a vunerable nature.

Gill
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 16. May 2009, 03:08
    Options
    :mrgreen: there was a "nasty piece of work" on here some time ago just like jennywren and in the end they were totally ignored by us and slunk off. :mrgreen:
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Here Here Misty
    So glad you put it so well.
    Don't know what's the matter with me. Beating around the bush trying not to upset Jenny who clearly isn't thinking about upsetting anyone else.
    What I really want to say is that chrisov is WANTED on here and natsiness IS NOT!!
    If you can't play nice Jenny then don't!
    Toni
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    Just a thought, but could Jennywren`s real rason for being on the forum - apart from winding everyone up! - be the one she gives on the Chit Chat Forum........Angel.
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hi Angel :D

Probably, but she has blotted her copybook big time and no man will wish to know her nor anyone else.

I hope you are ok and that your day goes well. I am off to Windsor today to meet a friend for lunch. :D:D Hope the sun shines but I believe showers are forecast.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    Have a lovely day Elna. I have great memories of a day spent in and around Windsor with my late husband, a few months before he died. Much love....Angel.
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Dear Angel

I am sorry to hear about your husband. Windsor is a lovely place. I live fairly close but have not been there many times. It is good that you have happy, fond memories of being there together.

Love
    Elna x()

• mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    Options
    hi, i just wanted to pull this thread back up.
    i was going to post have we got a troll,but reading through her threads i dont need too.
    i think uv all got the plot.
    there r loads of sites with trolls on the people that take pleasure from others misfortune.
    so to ignore is the best line of defence,goodbye to rubbish.
    we all try to help each other & snide comments dont help anybody.
    so if u r a troll go find some other form of amusement,cause we aint laughing.
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hi Debs

Totally agree: troll alert - ignore, ignore, delete, delete.

Night, night,
    Elna x()

• shonaarnold
    shonaarnold Member Posts: 35
    Options
    Great to see so many of you saying what I was thinking when I saw this thread and other postings from this person, could not believe what I was reading! I'm new to the site and didn't feel I should really comment but I'm pleased that you more established members have done so.

Shona
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Bless you, Shona - although you are new to the site I am pleased to note that you have not been taken in by it all.

I hope you are ok and your day goes well. Looks like it may be a pleasant day in Buckinghamshire, the sun is shining. :D

Love
    Elna x

• shonaarnold
    Options
    Hi Elna

I'm feeling pretty good today, have been taking it easy over the past week after a nasty flare up! Sun is shining here in Suffolk too so its all good. Managed to put some washing on the line this morning which I haven't been able to do for a while so that made me smile. Bit sad when you get excited about stuff like that isn't it!

I've already met some lovely people on this site and have been made to feel very welcome. Colin has given me some good advice and Toni has been great also

No doubt we will speak again soon

Shona xxx
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    Options
    Hi I remember a story i told my kids about a troll who lived under a bridge and when he heard a clippity clop he would come out and attack whatever animal it was on the bridge cant re,ember all of it sorry is that the same as a troll on here i must be a bit thick or something.
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hi Chrisov :D

You made me smile. I remember bits of that story too. :D You are not thick either and you know that :lol::lol:

We are talking about an internet troll because they post irrelevant, offensive, controversial, or unclear reponses or material on an internet community.

Trolls can unfortunately be a common occurrence, across the internet, and there are various steps which can be taken to combat them. The best thing to do is to walk away from them, since trolls feed on attention, and they will usually disappear if they are ignored. If the troll gets no reponse this will eventually drive them into moving on in search of fresh prey.

Hope you are diddling ok today and if we have sunshine in Bucks and in Suffolk you must be seeing the sun too. 8) :D

I hope you have an enjoyable day.

Love
    Elna x

• noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    Options
    Hi Elna I will have to go away and think about this troll thing and I will ask my son he is my guide on things pC I thought it was normal as I trust things to much my son says I am gullible at times well most times he says but he means well. we had that once now i come to think a bit with someone on here a while back who was always moaning all the time. yes there is a bit of warm sun here today as well it might be catching from chrisov.
  • megmot
    megmot Member Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi my heart goes out to you,i felt like that a few weeks ago but the support going on line every day it does not meen you have to chat but just read the support that is how i started geting out of the black hole i have not got to the top and do not now when .Work that is up in the air i have been off 8 weeks all ready and sick note to end June. all the best just had to say hello.
    Meg x x :)
  • elnafinn
    Options
    noeltone wrote:
    Hi Elna I will have to go away and think about this troll thing and I will ask my son he is my guide on things pC I thought it was normal as I trust things to much my son says I am gullible at times well most times he says but he means well. we had that once now i come to think a bit with someone on here a while back who was always moaning all the time. yes there is a bit of warm sun here today as well it might be catching from chrisov.

Hi Chrisov :D

Please do not go away and think about the troll thing. Just mention it to your son; he'll know about them. I did not know that was what they were called until last night when Debs (mash65) posted. You are exactly right, there was one some time ago, "roar, roar," just a clue, remember? :roll:

I wonder what the weather will be like for the long weekend? Hope it is dry at least.

Look after yourself,
    Luv
    Elna x

• alibongo
    alibongo Member Posts: 24
    Options
    Hello Christov

Just wanted to say I've been reading through this thread and I am really sorry things are so bad for you at the moment.

It's not easy when things are so bad for you to get out of the deep hole that you feel you are in and 'less than sympathetic' comments are just likely to make you sink deeper.

I can see that you are really well thought of by the people on here who know you well and there must be a reason for that.

Best wishes

Alison XX
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Um....... I probably shouldn't admit this but....... It was Billy Goat Gruff........... I 'mite' know the whole story but them again 'if' I did would I say........... It was good though.......... :D :oops: :wink:

I'm with you Chrisov, but most people you can trust...... I just am slightly aware and get a bit scared of attacks as I am a deep coward over aggro of any kind........ Hey Toni says I should go on an assertion course, maybe we both should? Half way would be some where round Elna.........I didn't know about Internet trolls. I know a few real ones! :lol: Do some work for one. Anyway I shall go find a book and read up on how the Goats crossed the bridge..... :oops: :lol: x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    I remember
    It said "I am a troll foldiroll"
    What a meanie it was, but we can be wise to trolls and send them packing.....
    Shona - I am glad to see your insight I was a bit concerned that 'newer' members would maybe be taken in by the trol, but glad to see NOT.
    Ther's more of us Billy Goats eh?!
    LOVE to all
    Toni xx
  • shonaarnold
    Options
    Toni

Big up the billy goats, they conquered the troll!

Hopefully people will stop responding to posts and the troll will crawl under some other bridge...........

Shona