Comments

• mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    jackie1955 wrote:
    noeltone wrote:
    "life is still an effort and i put on a show"

Hey Chrisov, yeah things will be an effort - but look back over the week and you'll see how far you've come! And it will get easier.

Putting on a show for others does help - because at the end of one of these days you'll realise that you have actually enjoyed the day without trying :)

And we are all here for you - when it seems like its all too much we understand, and will help and suppot you.

One for all and all for one.

Jackie x

Absolutely Jackie!!
    Glad you are feeling a bit brighter Christov.
    Gillx
  • jennywren
    jennywren Bots Posts: 79
    Options
    [Post edited by the Moderator]

The user has been contacted in regard to this message
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    Hi Chrisov,
    Sounds like JennyWren has got it in for you mate?? :shock:
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    We all need to moan and whinge at some time, Jenny, and some people find it more difficult than others to look on the bright side. I think you're being very harsh. People come on here for support not to be told off :x :x

Legs :|
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • katekelly
    Options
    jennywren wrote:
    Pull yourself together man and look on the bright side and not the darkness all the ruddy time no one beats you, you are doing it all yourself. I can do it why cant you and stop your moaning and whincing

Perhaps you should practic what you preach jennywren- you were having a bit of "feeling sorry for yourself" on the Tina Turner thred!!
  • jennywren
    Options
    Precisely Kate I do practice what I preach and that is why I said pull yourself together only we can beat anything no one else can not even cyber friends
  • mistywillow
    Options
    jennywren wrote:
    Precisely Kate I do practice what I preach and that is why I said pull yourself together only we can beat anything no one else can not even cyber friends

Hi Jennywren
    I dont think we have 'chatted' before but I just wanted to say that I think many of us use the forum as a bit of therapy from having to pretend to the outside world that everything is just great all the time.
    Some have very supportive friends and family and others do not, so this is a medium whereby users can be honest and open about their feelings hopefully in a free and non judgmental setting.
    The real world can often be harsh enough when you have any form of disability because that is what we are all required to do, sort of just get on with it.
    It is just a little bit of psychological cartharsis to be able to share our innermost feelings with people in similar situations who more than anyone else can understand how we feel.
    I have quite a comprehensive medical background and I didnt join the forum because I wanted practical advice, (although i must say it has helped me on that score too giving me loads of helpful info that I wouldnt have thought of) I joined it because of years of being happy and cheerful and 'coping amazingly' in the outside world, I just wanted to be able to tell fellow sufferers that I didnt feel amazing at all, and some days the pain makes me really down.
    I dont know what your diagnosis is but I really do feel that the purpose of this forum is to be supportive to each other and help people to get through difficult periods in their lives.
    The outside world is full of unsympathetic advice as you can see from many of the postings!
    So to sum up, lets try and be kind to one another on this forum.
    We are not actually there to help pick up the pieces of someone who we might have accidently upset on the site with any careless words.
    Take care
    Gillx d045.gif
  • madwestie
    madwestie Member Posts: 383
    Options
    Chrisov, I am glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better.
    Lets hope you carry on up the mountain don't forget to take a rest every now and then yo don't want to tie before you reach the top.

I really want to join your beat up arthur club..

Even the most positive people are entitled to have days when things get too much for them. You can't put on a brave face all the time..

I don't get to look on hear as much as i would like to work is a drain on my energy and after a full day at a computer i can always face anymore time on one.

I am lucky that i can still work albeit with methotrexate injections and enough painkiller to open my own pharmacy. But there are days when i just want to crawl into bed and not bother. It is really difficult not to ive into these feelings

Please don't feel bad about pouring out your feelings on here it is what we are all here for. Please ignore anyone who says that you hould pull ourselftogether that is not helpful and they do not know what they are talking about.

Your grandson does not think you are useless. He just knows that grandad is there for him.

I'm glad you didn't give in and please, please, please feel that we at least are here for you anytime.
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    Options
    Hi jennywren thanks for you caustic commnets thats why i have not been on here for a while they are really helpful and I have taken them on board I do try very hard to pull my self together and look on the bright side and not the darkness all the ruddy time yes others have beaten me literrally and others still do that is why some do not like me but thanks to everyone else for your kind comments
  • noeltone
    Options
    Hi katekelly do you really think so I wonder why????
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Chrisov what makes you think people don't like you (I think there's possibly one but we don't need to state the obvious) just look at this post, see how many replies of support you've had and even how many people have looked into it - I think you're not liked, I think you're loved - and that's a whole lot better :D

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
  • noeltone
    Options
    Hi Legs yes i know the support on here is marvellous and it is nice of you to say how i am loved when i said peeps dont like me that is how i have felt for a long time in real life unfortunatly and i was quite taken aback by so many nice thoughts on here and just the one unhelpful one which when you are insecure and down is the one that bites you,
    if only life could be spent with my cyber friends who are so understanding of arthur and its ways and not in the least competive and snidy and to be loved is the only thing we need in life and it makes it easier to deal with arthur and many thanks to you, you are very kind as are all of my cyber pals well nearly all best wishes chrisov
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,484
    Options
    Hi Chrisov
    So good to hear from you!!!
    Would be good to only be around positive people wouldn't it - shame the world has the odd not-so-nice ones in it. As you say they are the ones you (wrongly) beleive when you are down :(
    People here wouldn't worry about you if they didn't care would they?
    But we do because we do :)
    Hope you will be able to start posting again very soon.
    Missed you
    Toni xx
  • mistywillow
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Chrisov
    So good to hear from you!!!
    Would be good to only be around positive people wouldn't it - shame the world has the odd not-so-nice ones in it. As you say they are the ones you (wrongly) beleive when you are down :(
    People here wouldn't worry about you if they didn't care would they?
    But we do because we do :)
    Hope you will be able to start posting again very soon.
    Missed you
    Toni xx

Hi Chrisov
    Glad you are posting today. I know it is difficult when you are feeling down, but try not to focus on negative things that people say whether it is in the real world or cyber postings. Very often the people that put others down have issues of their own that they are unable to deal with effectively and sniping at others maybe makes them feel temporarily better. It is not easy dealing with chronic illness as well as all the other challanges that life throws at you but you are doing a grand job, so dont put yourself down. Dont allow other people the power to make you feel bad, believe in yourself.
    Take care
    Gillx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hello Chrisov

Hope you are diddling ok today. Miserable weather here :( drizzle and more drizzle. Not complaining, just stating, as we have had bright weather here for a good few days. :)

Keep on, keeping on, please do not let the odd bod (cyber or otherwise) pull you down. I feel those peeps have a sackful of problems themselves and that is their way of dealing with it (unfortunately).

I better get on, defrosting the freezer or there may be a flood in the kitchen. One of those tasks I hate but it is great when finished. Usually find some things I did not know were there too :wink::lol::lol: :roll:

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi Its just started raining here too, I spent an hour in the gym this morning and they've increased my exercises as I'm doing well, Bu.....r I'll have to wear my wrist splints next time, then they might feel sorry for me! :cry:. Hope to hear from you soon. Love Sue
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Options
    Hi Chrisov,

I thought of you this afternoon.........thinking about your 'fight' with arthur and how me and your other mates on here are trying to encourage you to keep on fighting and stay positive.

Well, I was tidying out a drawer and came across a little badge I had bought a couple of years ago while on holiday in Florida. The badge is from Kennedy Space Centre and the words printed on it I think are very positive and worth repeating to ourselves when things are rough:-

"FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION"

keep fighting hun, Jackie x
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    Christov, hello, What a brave person you are with all that you have overcome, and still in there fighting. I`m pretty new here, but I would like to add my good wishes to those of all the others. One of the most unhelpful phrases in the world is "Pull yourself together". As a counsellor of many years standing I have witnessed the damage that those words have done - often by members of the medical profession. Treat your pain the way you probably treated your addictions. One day at a time. Love and admiration to you......Angel.
  • katekelly
    Options
    angel1 wrote:
    Christov, hello, What a brave person you are with all that you have overcome, and still in there fighting. I`m pretty new here, but I would like to add my good wishes to those of all the others. One of the most unhelpful phrases in the world is "Pull yourself together". As a counsellor of many years standing I have witnessed the damage that those words have done - often by members of the medical profession. Treat your pain the way you probably treated your addictions. One day at a time. Love and admiration to you......Angel.

Hey Folks here's a Doctor, Doctor joke:

"Doctor Doctor I feel like a pair of curtains"
    "Pull yourself together man!"
    :lol::lol::lol:

I don't think you're a pair of curtains Chrisov and certainly wouldn't say that to anyone -let alone anyone who goes through the things that many of us go through daily on this site. Keep strong and I promise I won't liken you or anyone else on this site to a pair of curtains - blinds maybe but not curtains! :lol::lol::lol:
    Kate x
  • jennywren
    Options
    Blinds and curtains can only cover you up and you can then hide behind them, to beat this Chrisov it can only be done by those who feel beaten because it is you who are beating yourself and it is then people do not like you. Pull yourself together like those curtains
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Yawn, yawn, Well, I never, yet another truly unremarkable, :x totally unhelpful :x posting from jennywren. Yawn yawn.

Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,484
    Options
    I like Chrisov
    Toni x
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Jennywren, do you think that if this posting was put up by anyone other than Chrisov you would be more supportive? It appears to me that you have an axe to grind - you need to move on and leave Chrisov alone :|
    Love, Legs x
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    lindalegs wrote:
    Jennywren, do you think that if this posting was put up by anyone other than Chrisov you would be more supportive? It appears to me that you have an axe to grind - you need to move on and leave Chrisov alone :|

Well said Linda
    and Elna too

Chrisov is just lovely.

Kath
  • elnafinn
    Options
    :mrgreen: I have never seen a supportive or helpful posting from jennywren on this forum. :mrgreen: