Beating me

Options

Comments

• nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi christov
    i hope the new meds kick in soon and you see the dark cloud lifting. Sleep and rest is good too.
    I`m glad you are finding time to check in with us all, cos we do care how you are doing.
    Take care
    NB
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Chrisov

Please stop apologising. :lol::lol: You are not late logging on at all. We are all so pleased that you have made the effort. That must mean something positive is going on for you.

We all hate arthritis Chrisov. That is the huge bond we all have on here.

"Inadequate" Chrisov? No way.

Let's hope the start of a new week will be a fresh start for you.

Lots of good vibes being sent over norfolk way,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, Its really glad to hear from you. Good old anti depressants, I hope you soon get used to them and feel less tired and loads better. Hope the sun today helped you feel better, even if just looking out the window. :) Love Sue
  • denpen
    denpen Member Posts: 389
    Options
    Hiya Hun
    We all feel inadequate from time to time and we all hate having arthur so you are definately not alone. As the saying goes you can choose your friends but not your family and we all choose to be your friend.
    Keep signing in and letting us know how you are doing, our thoughts are with you through your bad time.
    Take care
    Denise.x
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Chrisov

I keep coming back to this to check how you are. I'm glad you have got some new anti-d's and hope they will help. You are not inadequate, but if you are unwell it makes you feel like that sometimes.

All the best

Joan :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Options
    Hey Chrisov,

Good to hear from you :)

Hope the meds start to kick in quickly and help you to feel better - like you said "good old NHS" :wink:

Catch yer later, Jackie x
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi Chrisov

I agree with Elna, you are worth a lot more than what you think you are worth right now. Hope the anti d's kick in soon and you will be back here to give us your good advice and the quiz of course :)

Take care

Love
    Vonski x
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hi Chrisov

Just wanted to say that I am thinking of you, hopefully in the land of nod.

I am going to buzz off now and wish that when you wake up you will feel refreshed, have recharged your batteries and are ready to begin a new week in a happier frame of mind.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Hey Chrisov!!
    Hoorah you're back!!! So pleased!
    Hope the anti-d's help!!!
    You look after yourself and keep posting :)
    Take care
    Toni xx
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hey Chrisov

How are you doing this Monday afternoon? Weather horrid here. I have got the heating on and I don't care who knows! Chilled to the old bones I was by the time I got back home from biking around doing a few errands in the rain.

I hope you feel like saying hello to us all today or perhaps just with an emoticon, which ever one you feel like.

Luv
    Elna x

• noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    Options
    Hi all been to Gps today and she has recomended going back to Headway social place meet once a week have not been for 6 years so will think about it luv to you all
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Dear chrisov :)

That all sounds positive for the first day of the week and a horrid day, weatherwise too, unless you are being blessed with sunshine, blue skies and white clouds.

Luv
    Elna x

• Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI Chrisov,

that sounds really positive that your GP is thinking of things to help. Hope you do go and that it is helpful.

yake care of yourself. Sending hugs and wags from littlelegs,
    Wonky
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi Chrisov

Glad to see your post. Headway sounds like a good plan, good to see your Dr. is thinking of you just like us :)

Love
    Vonski x
  • breane
    breane Member Posts: 392
    Options
    Hi Chrisov, Great to hear you are getting some positive vibes from your GP. :) Hope you will keep posting so we will all know how things are going for you.Take care, Breane.x
  • denpen
    denpen Member Posts: 389
    Options
    Hiya Hun,
    Your GP sounds really helpful which is a great, if you need to go to the meetings and it will help you then you go for it and take any help that people can give you, getting to talk to others always helps as we all know from this site so keep letting us know how you are getting on every day.
    Take care
    Denise.x
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hi chrisov

Yes, you think about it - "sleep on it" as they say. I have a strong feeling you will go - it sounds like a good suggestion from your gp.

Luv
    Elna x

• susie51
    susie51 Member Posts: 57
    Options
    Hi have you ever tried Cognitive Behavioural Therapy it did wonders for me when I was feeling like you. I felt my life was over, I was once a thriving ceramic artist running a small holding and rearing my kids and slowly all the was eroded away first by Osteo and then also Rheumatoid. I hit some lows I can tell you and then I would find the resolve to go again, sometimes with the help of anti-depressants, mainly for anxiety in my case. I was not unitl I engaged in a course of CBT that I really came to grips with it all and even now I often have to have a rant to peeps who KNOW where I am at and have times when I am very low. I guess its just the way with a constant disability.....Hope all the lovely peeps posting their good wishes has cheered you a bit. Susie
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Chrisov

I'm so glad you are getting some help from your GP. Are the anti-depressants doing any good, or is it too early to know yet? We are all hoping that things will improve for you soon.

Thinking of you

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • nickynysmon08
    nickynysmon08 Bots Posts: 111
    Options
    noeltone wrote:
    Ive gone down with the arthur is beating me with his big stick and as to forming any plan for the future i might as well form an elephant. what began it was someone saying oh you are not as bad as that person well how do they know, i am actually well i may not be but it is not a competition we are what we are and how we are .im not working i am useless nevber will work again cant lift a can without pain
    i know i am useless been told it all my life and i dont know how to beat this negativity cant even turn my head or move my right foot feet or pick up a pen today or hold a book without pain in my right hand pain and my toes feel as though they are spiked and joints inflammed and swollen and so tender and they say you are not that bad.
    any tips on how to snap out of it would be mosty welcome my care for others my wit have all gone cant be bothered with others and for once bed is not an option as i am sick and tired of bed and sleep and for once i am not bothered about moaning and peeps thinking hes orf again i dont want to go back to my old ways of drinking no good with meds i am on would really make me ill or the drugs but feel close to doing it again i have been clean for nearly 2 years

reply and possible solution I hope

One thing you can try is the following. if you are depressed, and miserable and i like others have these times, simply give in to it, but follow your thoughts and feelings. sit quietly, for an hour perhaps, let your mind go, and observe. but don't wallow in bad feelings. then when you have had enough of them, get up make a cup of tea, and look outside at the blue sky and the birds. this may help balance out the good with the bad. depression is for a purpose, but wallowing in it is not good, as I can tell you from past experience.

one other thing. often when I feel a bit lonely and most of my time is spent alone, I will go out, take the camera, and even if my joints ache, which they did often this winter, just take a walk round the shops, buying some food, making an effort to smile at others, and often I would mention my arthritis which is tame compared to others, I would mention it to them just to break the inner ice.

if walking is not possible, at least sit and enjoy the world. this is what i tend to do. I must have stopped two or three dozen times when I climbed snowdon the other day, though a few weeks ago i was taking tramadol for my hip and knee.!!!!
    it comes round in circles.
    I think we should understand the bad side of life is as much to give is lessons as the good. but deliberate refusal to see the good and only the bad was always one of my faults.

I think depression and feeling miserable are ways of coping with all our inadequacies, they can be made very positive if we learn to understand them. but afterwords, be cheerful instead!!!. I used to drink heavily, many years ago, shamefully, which was my way of blanking out the world. now I face it head on with all its pains and woes. I have not drunk for fifteen years and never will again !!!

life is not as bad as we sometimes think.

hope this is of help,

Nick
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    noeltone wrote:
    Ive gone down with the arthur is beating me with his big stick and as to forming any plan for the future i might as well form an elephant. what began it was someone saying oh you are not as bad as that person well how do they know, i am actually well i may not be but it is not a competition we are what we are and how we are .im not working i am useless nevber will work again cant lift a can without pain
    i know i am useless been told it all my life and i dont know how to beat this negativity cant even turn my head or move my right foot feet or pick up a pen today or hold a book without pain in my right hand pain and my toes feel as though they are spiked and joints inflammed and swollen and so tender and they say you are not that bad.
    any tips on how to snap out of it would be mosty welcome my care for others my wit have all gone cant be bothered with others and for once bed is not an option as i am sick and tired of bed and sleep and for once i am not bothered about moaning and peeps thinking hes orf again i dont want to go back to my old ways of drinking no good with meds i am on would really make me ill or the drugs but feel close to doing it again i have been clean for nearly 2 years

reply and possible solution I hope

One thing you can try is the following. if you are depressed, and miserable and i like others have these times, simply give in to it, but follow your thoughts and feelings. sit quietly, for an hour perhaps, let your mind go, and observe. but don't wallow in bad feelings. then when you have had enough of them, get up make a cup of tea, and look outside at the blue sky and the birds. this may help balance out the good with the bad. depression is for a purpose, but wallowing in it is not good, as I can tell you from past experience.

one other thing. often when I feel a bit lonely and most of my time is spent alone, I will go out, take the camera, and even if my joints ache, which they did often this winter, just take a walk round the shops, buying some food, making an effort to smile at others, and often I would mention my arthritis which is tame compared to others, I would mention it to them just to break the inner ice.

if walking is not possible, at least sit and enjoy the world. this is what i tend to do. I must have stopped two or three dozen times when I climbed snowdon the other day, though a few weeks ago i was taking tramadol for my hip and knee.!!!!
    it comes round in circles.
    I think we should understand the bad side of life is as much to give is lessons as the good. but deliberate refusal to see the good and only the bad was always one of my faults.

I think depression and feeling miserable are ways of coping with all our inadequacies, they can be made very positive if we learn to understand them. but afterwords, be cheerful instead!!!. I used to drink heavily, many years ago, shamefully, which was my way of blanking out the world. now I face it head on with all its pains and woes. I have not drunk for fifteen years and never will again !!!

life is not as bad as we sometimes think.

hope this is of help,

Nick

Hi Christov
    just checking in to see how you are faring today. Are you feeling any better? You can see from the posts that so many of us have been there so i hope you can now believe that you are not useless and what you are going through is so normal when you have so much to deal with. I also tend to take great joy in nature when i am feeling down as does Nick. Its free, readily available and only takes looking out of the window when your body doesnt let you do much else.
    you take care love Gillx
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Dear Noeltone
    You were courageous admitting your pain and discomfort. You are not useless, none of us with this horrid condition are. We just have bad days. I have found airing my feeling on this site very helpful and you have done the right thing in sharing this with us. When you've been used to having a career etc having something like OA really knocks you down.
    I find doing something for myself helps. Even if it's going out and buying my favourite 'Divine dark chocolate' or running myself a lovely bath and listening to my favourite music. I cry a lot these days (mainly in private); as a woman I miss being able to wear heels and hate that my leg is permanently in a bent position. But, I'm still me and over the years I've been the strong one; I had a job which I had to give up because of OA. Now I have to rely on others to help me with things. It was hard at first to admit to even needing help, but I do. I need help somedays just to put my socks on and somedays I need help to get in my bed.
    You are right it's not a competition and we all suffer in different ways.

I often wonder what causes these horrid flare ups of OA when even the pain killers dont' help? It makes you feel down, sad - blooming miserable.

You are wise not to drink with your meds it will only make you feel worse. Try exploring other ways of relieving the pain. I had a stretch of 3 weeks where I was in pain constantly - I didnt' know what to do with myself. My son came over with a heat pad and my husband bought me a massage chair. People do care and I can tell you when I have a flare up I make use of the advice I receive on this forum the heat pads; baths; massage etc. I also make a point of getting out of my home - even if it is for an hour or so it makes me feel better.

Take care and I hope you feel brighter soon.
    noeltone wrote:
  • noeltone
    Options
    Hi all firstly many thanks for your support I have copied them all and they have helped me enourmosuly.
    I have had CBT before and it helps my tablets are kicking in and i feel quite rejuvinated and on a high and I am not to let arthuritis beat me down with any sticks I am taking on the world once more and to others who get in a similar situnation try to seek help it should be out there and it does help well it does/has for me today Everest to morrow the world I feel elated
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Noeltone, that's brilliant, I'm so pleased to read about how well you're doing.

You've got the right attitude - kick Arthur up the @rse from me too :-)

Nx
  • noeltone
    Options
    Hi N instead of arthuritritis beating us up with a stick we can and should give arthur a damn good thrashing anyone want to jion my club off up yours arthurititis?????????? :mrgreen: