Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,936
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) we live 5 mind away from our chemist and the Doctors. Have a good Bank Holiday all of you ad Holly ((())) love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Carol ((())) and Mr T ((())) have a good Easter and all of your family. ((()))

Barbara ((())) sorry about your eyes ((())) have a good Easter all of you love to Mr B ((())) and your son and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) Have a good Easter all of you ((())) I hope P has a pain free day ((())) Happy birthday to her ((())) love to Paul ((())) Charley (())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) Kari ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

love to Bill Chris ((())) Mig ((())) Mike ((())) Happy Easter to.all ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Morning all, Tesco day today, and I'm suffering already AAAARRRGH

Barbara, thank you for that snippet of information, most gratifying. I've joined another FB group, for RA. I'm now a Wonkie. Nice bunch, although I've seen several Creakies in there but they never posted so I don't expect them to on here either. Best thing is, I'm NOT an admin, no siree, just a normal wonkie member.

Joan, we don't have any sun here yet, and it's quite chilly. I hope your heating is working properly now.

Carol, I never doubted that Madame Cookie was PROPERLY looked after. She picked you with the understanding that you would. I hope your jab goes well when it's due.

Toni, I knew Sleek was a good swimmer, I think it's all those cockles she eats. Shame it never has that effect on me. I sink like a stone. When I had swimming lessons many moons ago, my coach put a belt with ropes attached, around my waist, with a rubber ring, and a float. I still sank. He pulled me out and said "Go home" I was delighted. Right, bacon butties, smashing.

I know you will have already been to Alton Towers, but there's so ,uch to see and do there. Sleek and Cookie will love it.

Alton Towers Resort often referred to as Alton Towers, is a theme park and resort complex in Staffordshire, England, near the village of Alton. The park is operated by Merlin Entertainments Group and incorporates a theme parkwater park, spa, mini golf and hotel complex. Originally a private estate, Alton Towers grounds opened to the public in 1860 to raise funds. In the late 20th century, it was transformed into a theme park and opened a number of new rides from 1980 onwards. In 2019, it was the second most visited theme park in the UK with 2,130,000 visitors which puts it after Legoland Windsor.

I need to sit here for a while, feel quite 🤢🤢so is Sleek. Cookie is still on the rides.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Evening all

Toni sorry no bacon for us today..good Friday fish ..😁I had to laugh we have niamh for a couple if hours..yesterday..grandma if I stay can I have bacon buttys instead of fish..😅anyway she went home coming back Sunday Monday..

So it's Ps birthday ..is her daughter still staying nearby..it must be a comfort to her.. xx

Carol Cookie and dropped on her feet has they say..how kind if the lady to take cats in we have had a couple if rescued ones xx

Joan you are alway si kind thinking of everyone ..I would forget who's who..some hugs back to you all (((((())))) xxxx

Kath Anne was asking about you and hoped you are ok..she does sound nice..

Don't think I would like to be an admin..

Ooh Alton towers used to love it there but a lot if rides make me sick..I made the mistake of going on the black hole..never again it ruined my day 😒.glad you have been OK with your second vaccine xx

Love to all

Xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,433
    Options

Barbara you didn't have the vegan bacon butty? that' more than ok for Good Friday but I had a vegan hot crossed bun. Marks and Sparks finest it was yummy 😋

Help yourselves!

Seriously If you get the 'wicked' vegan bacon (unless she likes the crispy) Niamh will be happy with it.

I went on the waltzers once and was ill for 3 days! I am rubbish with motion so we just looked after Sleek who also was a bit weak. Then we went on the Tea cups.....much better!

It's very chilly so far this morning but due sunshine later. P's daughter stays at P's now the house they rented sold. It was the new people in there who cut through the roots of the tree which took the power cable down the other night....

P had a fabulous day she was totally on form bless her.

Joan P had the best day ever bless her. She wore her silver 'Zoe Ball' shoes! Her daughter decorated the garden with bunting and flowers it was lovely! The sun shone and P's garden is a little sun trap so it was warm. Myself and my lovely neighbours went and sang happy birthday stayed just a short while.

I hope Lexi is still doing ok ((())) xxx

Kath you have to be careful. I have found over the years that if you show what you are capable of you end up being 'promoted' if it's a quiet life you want do your best to keep your head down. Trust me they'll spot you!

Oh dear me Sleek said you can't swim. She said 'Arnty Kaff sincks Mummy'.

Well we all had a fabulous time didn't we at Alton Towers (I refuse to add the 'resort' to it's title - we are not in America!!!)? the sun shone and everyone went on all the rides!

Miss Cookie was so brave! Nothing frightened her did it?! But you and Sleek and your buckets🤢 took a while before you were both well enough to travel home. I don't suppose cockles taste nice coming back up do they 😕

Lucy once stayed there for a birthday party it was rather wow

a posh friend...honestly it cost an arm and a leg surely?!

I hope all is well with Chris. I heard from her yesterday she had had a quiet day I think.

and hello of course to Mike and Vixen and Carol.

Take care everyone it will be sunny today i think but still rather chilly....brrrr!

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((()))I hope you Tesco order had everything you wanted. Thank you for the photo's of Alton towers I have never been there ((())) I'm sure the wonkies will be grateful to have your knowledge about R A love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) I read we are going to have a snow bomb his weekend we will see. Love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) how is Lucy's ((())) Hip and shoulder I know it was replaced Lucy has done so well ((())) I'm pleased P had a lovely birthday ((())) love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Tia (((())) and Kari ((())) and your lovely neighbours (((())))

Love to Bill ((())) Chris ((()))Carol ((())) Mig ((())) Mike ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    Options

Evening all..cold this morning then the sun shine.. 🌞

Toni thankyou for the croissants..oh I should have known it was vegan bacon..Niamh was fuming she couldn't have bacon buttys..I hate breaking tradition there are so few left...now why didn't I think vegan 🤔

How lovely for P ..and in her new shoes I'm so glad you could all get to sing happy birthday ,it makes sense that her daughter moves in ...naughty neighbours cutting through the cables..when we had our drive laid they went through the gas main..all the street was off ..and we were evacuated 🙄😅xx

Joan they do say snow.. thank goodness your heating is working ..I hope lexis pain is controlled bless ..Will your bus be back on soon or dud they take it off like ours ..love to all of you ((((()))) xxxx

Our fence at the top of the garden is nearly done just one more panel ..it looks much better

Love to all

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • CatLady1
    CatLady1 Member Posts: 64
    Options

Hi everyone. Just popped on before I switch the light off. It's late but as I remembered I hadn't been on here for a couple of days I thought I'd come on and wish you all a very Happy Easter. I've been busy all week and today my body really rebelled and decided to play up. Think I hurt everywhere. . There wasn't a place where it didn't hurt or ache. Decided I'd had a OK day and leave everything that could be left for another day. Carol I love the picture of your cat Miss Cookie, she is beautiful. Your grandchildren (great?) look so happy in the photos. For once it is a short post. Gentle hugs to. Toni, Kath, Barbara, Joan,Carol, Mike and anyone I have missed. Happy Easter. Chris (cat lady).

🐣🐤🐥🐇🐼

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning Everyone.

Kath i very much hope you enjoyed your web-free Saturday - Caturday according to Sleek😉

Barbara yes P in her new silver shoes. If you can't wear them on your birthday when can you?!

Next year you can do (wicked) vegan bacon for Niamh then she can stay with you whenever she wants to.🙂I agree there are so few traditions left aren't there?

The sun shone for us too we had some friends over with their yorkie and yorkie puppy for a garden visit. It was just so lovely. I had blankets ready just in case, but it was great.

Yes P has en suite herself so her daughter gets the bathroom initially if you remember P still had her husband so now it is easier.

Imagine your silly neighbours cutting through the gas main 😮

Morning Mike I hope all is well with you and Vixen and the family.

Joan Lucy is doing so well! She still does her shoulder exercises and walks fine. She will probably have check ups once this COVID settles down. She can't wait to see Dr Tim! Hope you and Sue are ok enjoying the sun before that snow bomb tomorrow 🙄

Chris You still sound nice and up-beat even though you had such a tough day yesterday I very much hope today is a better day ((()))

As you say if nothing desperately needs doing a restful day is the best thing.

A very Happy easter to you too.

Short posts are fine. Gentle hugs to you from us here.

Love to and Easter wishes to Carol and family. I hope the service goes well.

I hope everyone has a lovely day

naughty breakfast for us since it's Sunday😋

Vegan/veggie options available of course.

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning and a Happy Easter to you all

Barbara ((())) how long were you out of your house when you had the gas leak it must have been worrying ((()))

love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Chris ((())) I'm sorry your aching I know what that's like tooth ache all over your body ((())) I hope it soon calms down ((()))

Toni ((())) Did you see someone won the lottery millions it was not us we don't do it. Yes Lucy ((())) has done so well Dr Tim will be pleased she has not let it all pull her down and moped about it good for her (())) love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((()))) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((())

Love to Bill ((())) Carol ((())) Kath ((())) Mig ((())) Mike ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Hello Everyone, we don't celebrate Easter but we hold a memorial for the death of Jesus Christ on Nisan 14 (Jewish calendar) on the equivalent date in our calendar. I was it was the week before Easter. Once each year in thousands of locations worldwide, we commemorate the death of Jesus. We do so because he commanded his followers: “Keep doing this in remembrance of me.”—Luke 22:19. The pattern established by Jesus helps determine not only the frequency but also the date and time of the Memorial. He introduced the observance after sundown on Nisan 14, 33 C.E., according to the Bible’s lunar calendar. (Matthew 26:18-​20, 26) We continue to observe the Memorial on this date each year, following the practice of early Christians.  Jesus used unleavened bread and red wine that were left over from the Passover meal. (Matthew 26:26-​28) Following his example, we use bread without leaven or added ingredients and plain red wine, not grape juice or wine that has been sweetened, fortified, or spiced.

Joan, I'm so pleased you enjoy the photos I post, it's not knowledge but a sign of a misspent youth. We had ordered two Chicken Kormas but they sent the Tesco Finest. It wasn't as nice as the cheaper one, hardly any chicken!

Barbara, yes I liked Anne, but I won't be returning to the Creakies. But I have re-friended Debbie. We've been friends a long time, and I missed her. I don't post too often in the wonkies, as an ordinary member I don't have to. It must be lovely to have Niamh round again.

Toni, I had a very good day off thank you, I watched a couple of old films on Talking Pictures. I've decanted a few tasty morsels from the ENORMOUS breakfast thank you. Far too much for my dicky tummy. I'll just have a think of where to go for a trip. right, I've thunked and decided on Trentham Gardens. Trentham Gardens are formal Italianate gardens, part of an English landscape park. The gardens are set within a large area of woodland. Together these currently together cover some 300 acres (120 hectares). The gardens were designed as a serpentine park by Capability Brown from 1758 onwards, overlying an earlier formal design attributed to Charles Bridgeman. Trentham Gardens are now principally known for the surviving formal gardens laid out in the 1840s by Sir Charles Barry, which have recently been restored. In 2012 the Trentham Estate was selected as the site of a Royal Diamond Jubilee wood, and a new woodland of 200,000 native oak trees will be planted on the estate. Successful garden designers Tom Stuart-SmithPiet Oudolf and Nigel Dunnett have collaborated on the garden redesign.

The service block of the hall in 2015

Italian Garden

Monkey Forest

Barbary macaques at Trentham Monkey Forest

As part of the regeneration, Trentham Monkey Forest, the first wildlife park of its kind in England, was opened in July 2005. It consists of 60 acres (24 hectares) of forest, which contain 140 Barbary macaques, wandering freely. There is a 0.75 miles (1.21 km) path through the forest along which visitors walk; there are no barriers between the forest and the path, although visitors are confined to the path, which has guides to ensure the safety of both the visitors and monkeys, and there is a fence around the forest.

Serpentime Park (more parasol twirling)

Royal Diamond Jubilee wood

In December 2008 a transportable Ferris wheel was opened on site for tourists to get an overhead view of the gardens, the estate, and out over the city. It was removed in 2009.

I love the Italian Garden.

Miss Sleek, Madame Cookie with friends on a gondola going round the Serpentine Park.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12
    Options

Evening all

Happy Easter sorry its late

Chris yes you rest ..there is always another day..its rotten when everywhere hurts..I hope tomorrow is a better day fir you xx

Joan it was only a few hours we were out if the house ..thank goodness..we did the lottery but didn't have one num on xx

Toni that was a proper naughty breakfast..but good

How nice to have friend round slow but sure we are getting there..😁I'm so glad P enjoyed her day ..bless her..

Niamh is here tonight till tomorrow..so I'm sure there will be bacon buttys...xx

Kath we went to Trentham garden when we were young with the labour club ..hee it took me back ..thabkyiu for the photos..I am glad all is well between you and Debbie xx

Love to all

Xxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone enjoy your banks holiday.

(Hope it's not too busy for you Mike in Cornwall)

Barbara you would love Thentham even more you know now there are shops too! It's great fun, but all the posh people go with their doggies in their coats😁

Glad you enjoyed your breakfast I hope Niamh enjoys her bacon butties bless her.

Did the old neighbours call round for the kids' eggs? If so was it when you had Niamh with you? I bet she'd love to see them again.

Nope it wasn't me who won the lottery either.....sigh😕

Joan lexi finished the medication now? How is it going?🤞Dr Tim will be very pleased to see Lucy I'm sure when we brave a visit. No rush she is well enough. ((())) xxx

Kath i am very pleased you enjoyed your restful day and some lovely film watching. 😊Interesting reading the Witness' date for celebrating Jesus' death has already gone. Thank you for that.

Sleek loved Trentham! She went mad! She and miss Cookie loved it. They sat Mrs Dracey down for a latte (mackerel) while they ran here there and everywhere, but took her with them on the Gondola. Plenty of opportunity for parasol twirling indeed and it was such a lovely day too.

You probably worked out Trentham is near me in Staffordshire so we used to (pre-covid) go a fair bit for a run out. The monkey forest is fabulous too you have to wait while the monkey cross the paths it's all about them not the visitors😍Sleek was a bit nervous to be fair until she spoke to an elder Mother Monkey who is going to coe over for a socially distanced banana in the week😮

Glad you are just being an ordinary member in wonkies. Much the best.

Today Paul is going into work so I will take a look at the scarecrows ready for the display on the Church grass later this month. See which need repairing and put a call out for the one missing one🤔

I hope Chris had a restful day yesterday and is nowhere near as achy ((()))

and of course love to Carol and the huge family especially Miss Cookie.

We need to finish these up tradition or no tradition or they will go stale...

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

(Hope it's not too busy for you Mike in Cornwall)

I don't know as I have not been anywhere and do not intend to!! My sister has offered to take me out today, wherever I fancy going, but I have turned her down as despite having had the vaccine I do not trust other people to abide by the restrictions as has been evidenced in the media. Life is bad enough without catching the virus. And while I am having a mini-rant I am sick to death of the people who claim that adhering to the restrictions are contrary to their civil liberties and human rights, I would round them up and shoot them as they obviously do not care about protecting life!

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) I'm sorry you didn't have the chicken korma you wanted let's hope you get it next week. Lovely photo's again thank you love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) how is your leg ((())) we have not got any snow yet it must be so nice to have Niamh ((())) come to see you. Love to your son ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) I just read that everyone has to have a Covid test and trace every week. Love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((((())) and Kari ((())) and P (((()))) and your lovely neighbours (((())))))

Love to Bill ((())) Chris (((())) Carol Mig ((())) Mike ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    Options

Morning all.. how long is it since I said morning 🤔

Mike I totally agree some people are so stupid and don't care..we went to our gc a week ago and no social distancing..so that is us for a while ,and these that say they are not wearing mask ..well least said xx

Joan Mt leg is painful but no we're near has bad....it is lovely to see Niamh and we have quick test here to use because she is in our bubble ..just can't wait to see our other GC

No snow here but very windy ..love to all if you xx

Toni I toasted hotcross buns it us... mind you I eat them had they are

Now I wonder who has the missing scarecrow 🤔can't wait to see photos of them again

Yes threntham Gardens will be near to you..gosh it must be 50 something years 😲xx

Love to Kath and anyone else that pops in

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • Kitty
    Options

Oh how lovely, hot cross buns with best butter - can I have goats please? Very happy you all enjoyed Trentham. It brings back memories of mum and dad on the Matchless (motorbike) with Anita and me with a flask of pop each, in the sidecar.

Here we are wearing the Canadian cardigans mum knitted for us. Dad took the photo.

A super place for a day out, is Victoria Embankment, Notingham. A grand, landscaped park alongside the mighty River Trent in Nottingham. It's the place to take all the family for a Sunday afternoon promenade, and then reward with a well-deserved ice-cream from the little kiosk near the bridge. Either take a boat trip or use the river viewing platform to watch the boats, while soaking in the historic Trent Bridge. Yes, it's a real bridge, not just the very famous cricket grounds.

Beside the Trent

The busy embankment

The suspension bridge near Trent Bridge

Memorial Gardens and War memorial

Inside the Memorial Gardens, with Queen Victoria looking on

Boating on the River Trent

Trent Bridge in flood.

children's play area

Paddling pool

Our pusskins having fun

• CatLady1
    CatLady1 Member Posts: 64
    Options

Hello to all

I had a lazy day yesterday and after my usual Monday morning tasks, I have spent the rest of the day doing this weeks project. I find drawing and colouring very relaxing and calming. My younger girl came this afternoon and we had.a real good catch up. It is so nice to have her close enough to be able to drop in., She brought me a lovely bouquet of different flowers. They really look lovely in the jug she got me for Mothering Sunday.

Had a hospital appointment come yesterday for a test in day surgery for next Wednesday afternoon. It's the one where they put a tube with a camera on it, down the throat to see what is going on in my stomach and small intestine. I am going to get the local voluntary people take me to the hospital but as there could be anything up to a four hour wait. My daughter is coming to collect me. I'm not looking forward to this test but the consultant wants to see if he can find out why I had pancreasitist. He wants to discover why I got it and hopefully can see if there is something they can do to stop it recurring.

Hope you all had a relaxing weekend and managed to do all you wanted to do.

Gentle hugs to Toni , Kath, Barbara, Joan. Carol and Mike..

Chris aka CatLady.

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone! A cold start here with frost, but sunny already so a nice bright day methinks.

To be honest Mike I can see why you feel apprehensive about going out where people are being stupid a drive might have been nice though get you out of the 4 walls. We are lucky in this country there aren't too many disbelievers. In some countries they are quite militant. I think they should let them 'meet' people who have had COVID or lost someone to it.

Hope your home help is well and you enjoy your natter today.

Well Chris I can see why they are doing that test even if it will be yucky. We can all come with you under our cloak of invisibility no-one will know we are there if we are quiet. It's not as if you are a drinker so they will want to know what's caused the pancreatitis.

I'm so pleased you enjoyed you are art and it helps you so much 🙂Lovely, lovely lovely having your daughter so close by now and to be in her bubble!

Yes Joan isn't it great that will will all be entitled to two free home tests a week!we will certainly take them up on it. I think it's a great idea. We can have them delivered to the house and much like a pregnancy test will be able to check ourselves regularly for reassurance.

Kath Sleek took a promenade along the embankment with her parasol of course Mrs D and Miss Cookie and Rosie came too (hasn't Rosie got confidant now?). Then of course it was cosies on and in a boat as you saw jumping in and out🙄Were they actually supposed to do that in the paddling pool? Sleek spent far too much time trying to buy cockles. She wasn't happy about that☺️

Now as you know I used to volunteer in West Bridgford for many many years so i know this area well. Many happy memories. we used to drink in the TBI (Trent Bridge Inn) is it still there I wonder and was it doing ok prior to the Virus🤔

The memorial gardens are really beautiful.

Of course you can always have goat's butter we have best president butter (Aidan's favourite) and best vegan 'butter' too so we are all catered for. I'm glad you enjoyed your buns.

I googled the matchless and really loved them! Mum was clever knitting those cardis. My mum could do that too. We have lost a lot of skills over the decades.

Hi Barbara I do not know where that missing scarecrows is at all very worrying.....still it will turn up or I will make another somehow....watch this space.

That is such a shame you not being able to go back to your GC because of selfish people. That's what they are you know selfish. It's not thoughtless just selfish!

Trentham gardens are very close by and used to be a fairly regular Sunday trip out for us...🙂

It is so lovely that you can have Niamh over and such good news that we can all have our own 30 minute tests to do in our own homes. I for one will be ordering some for Pau, me and Lucy.

I am sorry your legs is still painful, but soon we will know what is going on I hope 🤞

Anyway breakfast time.... it's cold do going porridge 🥣

yum...

• Mike1
    edited 6. Apr 2021, 07:25
    Options

Being a cheery soul (not often) I had a thought this morning which may be of interest to you Naturalists out there, at the very least it may provoke thought to detract from our pain. Here it is = If the pandemic eventually wipes out the human race which species will be the dominant species on Earth?

On your marks, get set .......................!

😺🙈🦍🐶🦊🦄🕊️

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Barbara ((()))that's good your leg is not hurting so much you would still like to know why it come. Love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Kath (())) lovely photo 's it must be nice when you have been to the places. Love to Chris ((())) Anita (())) and Val ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Chris ((())) I have had that done the tube would not go down because my throat closed and I have c palsy sue had pancreatitis and was told to have potato's or a banana every day.

Toni I'm sorry some one took your scarecrow they thought it was good and they could not make one like it. Love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie (((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours (((()))) I will ask the carers if they can do my test for me I'm worried about doing it.

Mike ((())) Good yes I agree love to vixen

love to Bill ((())) Carol ((())) Mig ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

My old school Mundella Grammar (Toni might have heard of it) was quite close to Trent Bridge. It's gone now, replaced by a housing estate.

The Trent Bridge Inn is a pub in West BridgfordNottinghamshireEngland. The Trent Bridge Cricket Ground began in a field behind this pub, and the land was also the first home of the Notts County Football Club. The pub is now operated by Wetherspoons.

The pusskins certainly enjoyed themselves, but I think they were meant to stay in the boat. 🤣

Toni, thank you for the porridge. Or do you spell it porage?

Chris, couldn't you book transport with Patient transport? I usually get them to take me, but I've been too anxious to use them recently, so I haven't had any appointments at all.

Mike, what a clever pusskin doing a Rubiks Cube. I used to take the stickers off and stick them on in the right place. 😉

I made the mistake of having 2 Polo mints, and now my stomach is bloated and very painful, so no trip for me today.

Sening hugs to our Joan, Sue and Barbara. XXX

• barbara12
    Options

Evening all

Sorry will have to keep this short.. my eyes are really blurry one us not bad but the other effects it

Toni I do like a fruit nreakfasr thankyou

You are right people know what they are doing and are selfish, I was sent 7 test ..not sure how good they are xx

Joan you have been through the mill with all the test..think I would be a wimp with the throat one xx

Chris I find coloring relaxing ..so glad your daughter is near by for you ..Hope the test goes ok xx

Mike cats will rule the world they certainly rule us 😅xx

Kath the river Trent looks so nice has does the war memorial..what a shame your old school had gone..the same happened with ours 150 years old.. they built a modern one and that didn't last long xx

Love yo all

Xxc

Love
    Barbara
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options

Evening all

I’m annoyed I just typed a good post out to you and lost it just as I got to the end. I am so mad with myself that I just really don’t fee like typing it again. so I won’t and I will update you all tomorrow. I will say we have booked our second covid vaccinations today for This coming Saturday. Will update you on what’s been going on here tomorrow.

love and sparkles to you all

❤️❤️❤️❤️🌈🌈🌈🌈

Stay positive always👍xx
  • Mike1
    Options

Sometimes I type a post in a Word document so that it saves then I copy and paste it onto the forum, this helps put my thoughts into words and solves the problem of typing direct onto the forum only to lose it. May be worth trying.

• frogmorton
    edited 7. Apr 2021, 06:50
    Options

Mike this morning I was posting a reply to someone else on the forum and I got logged out (it said 'you do not have permission to do that' so I quickly saved my post logged back in and it was safely there.

As for who would take over the world if we wipe ourselves out. Hmm it has to be an animal with intelligence who can take care of themselves......someone with paws (sometimes an extra thumb) who can drive

wonder who?

Hi Carol I am so sorry about your post I have lost count of the number of times I have done that. Another option - post your post when you've done some of it maybe half.....then edit it to carry on. If you lose it then it will not be all of it.

Well done for getting your next vaccines booked 👍️

Barbara it's the same with my migraine auras. It's really only one side but seems to affect both🙄 We understand wish they weren't playing up but understand.

The tests you do at home are good definitely good enough. the ones they send off for you are the gold standard of course but they cost way way more and take much longer.

Those who don't wear masks are just selfish. I could be exempt with my lungs as could Kath, but we know it's the right thing to do. If not then best to avoid going to public places in my opinion. Ah well....

Kath i spell porridge porridge...can you spell it porage? I thought we should have something warm again today so might to ready brek again.

2 polo mints did that much damage😓poor you ((()))

That did make me laugh you taking the stickers off the rubiks cube. I used to be able to do it back in the day, but an intelligent friend taught me how.

Oh LOOK at the TBI!! thank you for bringing back such happy memories! It can be a weatherspoons I am happy enough with that. I want to go!

I think I do remember the school being there in my dim and maybe slightly inebriate past😊 Such a shame it's been demolished sometimes I struggle with progress.

Better get going now I think I've been lazy far too long!

Love to everyone and here's some ready brek sorry I am still too cold!