luv debs
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    joanlawson wrote:
    Hi Debs

Glad you are feeling better. Have you got your bikini on ready for all that sunshine :?:

Re the captain, was it something we said, or has he got more important things on his mind than sailing a luxury ship, do you think :?:

Joan
    I have been checking the bilges

Hi Captain Rehab

Nice to see you :!: :!: :!: :D:D What are the bilges, and why do they need checking :?: :?: Is there a lady stowaway lurking in them :?: :?:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Flippin' eck, I thought I'd been so clever, there. Nooo - I'm soaked, dishevelled, thirsty and hungry. I think your bilges are leaking, Cap'n.
    Annie
  • annie_mial
    Options
    I hope someone can, the ship might sink :( Could he also sort out the funny squidgy thing in the water down there?
    It kept wrapping it's arms (?) round me!

Annie - now drying out in more ways than one.
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Good grief Joan, I didn't even realise we had set sail! So ingrosed I was with my painting. Have done a beautiful one of the waves. I should have realised why my stomach was leaving me behind. Nevermind, as I've come in my painting gear, I shall be Van Goff, and no, I don't want my ear cut off rehab. I suppose I could be Turner. Wish I could win that b..... prize. Now, I've always wanted to paint a mermaid :lol::lol:

joy
  • annie_mial
    Options
    What colour, Joy?
    - just thought I'd get that in before Rehab did :wink:

Annie
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Joy

The fancy dress party is over now, so your Van Goff is a little late, but we need a ship's resident artist, so you can carry on with your painting to your heart's content.

The prize you mentioned was won by everyone because the costumes were so good. The captain was duly kissed by one and all, and some people were so impressed that they joined the end of the queue again and claimed a second helping. As Captain Rehab said " It's a hard life, but it's all in the line of duty".

Tonight, all is quiet aboard the SkylARC, everyone has retired early to their luxury cabins, the sea is calm, the sky is clear, God's in his Heaven, and all is well with the world. But is this just the lull before the storm :?: :?: :shock: :shock:

Joan
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    do not say storm while we were on board ship u never know what going to happen
    val
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    oh no dont say were gonna get'' hurricane rehab'' whilst were aboard :shock:

im back to me cabin for more quails & a lay down. :mrgreen:
    knew this sea malarkey would be the end of me
    h015.gif
    im not even a good swimmer,im sleeping in me lifejacket tonight & for the rest of the trip.
    debs
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Debs

Don't panic :!: Rob is at the ready with his woggle :!: :!: Anyway, this ship is unsinkable. ( Oh dear, I seem to remember they said that about the Titanic :!: )

Joan
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    hi joan,thats what im worried about titanic,are there icebergs where were heading or is it just hurricane rehab to worry about.

plus ive not seen Rob about with his woggle. :wink:

i dear i worry to much,i'll keep me cabin window shut tonight just in case.
    are we on course captian rehab :?:
    a065.gif
    debs
  • newbury1
    newbury1 Member Posts: 112
    Options
    Sorry folks, been detained in my cabin for a couple of days.

Annie, happy birthday - sorry I missed the party, sounds like it was fun.

Does anyone know where we are now???

btw, how does one become one of rehab's raiders or a bunker babe?
  • valval
    Options
    r u sure we will get through we could end up back in time or go into the future where they can cure arther then we can all run and jump again fingers crossed for cure
    val
  • joanlawson
    Options
    As the night advanced, the wind heightened. When dawn glimmered, unearthly-like, through the wilderness of murk, the hurricane hailed with the shriek of ten thousand furies. The heavens themselves seemed to have fallen on sea and on land. An awful shadow eclipsed the face of nature as our heroic captain battled with all his might to save the SkylARC from being devoured by the 50ft waves which were pounding with unrelenting force against her bows.

Huddled in their cabins, the passengers prayed and prepared to meet their maker, while Rob clung to his trusty woggle, hoping that the doggie -paddle he had learned at his swimming classes would be sufficient to see him through. Down in the bilges, Annie tottered in her high heels, not willing to part with them even in the eye of the storm.

How many hours the storm lasted no-one can recall, but eventually the reassuring sound of Captain Rehab's voice was heard, " Storm over :!: You can come out now". One by one, we emerged, looking bedraggled, ill, slighly green in the face, but still alive. Overcome by the skill and sheer heroism of our captain, we flocked to pay homage to him. " Oh captain, how can we ever thank you ?" we asked.
    " Don't worry, I will find a way ", he replied, with that twinkle in his eye which we have come to know so well.

Later we discovered that the storm had been our salvation as it had blown us away from the Bermuda Triangle, and now the Carribean Sea was in sight. Phew !!!! What a relief !!!!!

Joan
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Options
    Good day shipmates! What a night....... the earth certainly moved for me and OH tucked up in our cabin.

The crashing waves and the rolling of the ship, the howling wind, the sound of things crashing around, oooh it was very scary. We sat hand-in-hand, lifejackets on, at the ready should our brave cap'n call 'abandon ship, everyman for himself' :shock:

aah, but we live to fight another day - and after enjoying a early morning stroll on the deck, with the sun already shining so hot, and the beautiful clear water so calm now, we decided to enjoy a Bucks Fizz with our brekkie.

Carribean here we come f025.gif

Catch you all for cocktails later?

Jackie x
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Yes, well a wild woman's got to do what a wild woman's got to do, you know. And all that spanking and chastising was strictly in the line of duty, was it :?: There was me thinking we had reached a safe haven after the storm :!: :roll:

Joan
  • joyful164
    Options
    How does one follow that, only to say that, as I missed it all I remain perfectly sober. I've forgotten what it's like to be chased and chastised. :wink: Wouldn't mind a reminder though :lol: Just have to make allowances for my walking stick mind :roll: I' m having a job to concentrate on cruises, Oh gosh I have a dozen pictures to get finished for next Spring. How do you get your head round that. :? I shall die famous after all. :cry:

Joy
  • annie_mial
    Options
    It hasn't been much fun, lately - I've missed so much being stuck in the bilges with a squidgy thing. I will say, though, I haven't any bruises - it grabbed me every time the ship rolled.
    I manage to get out with my shoes intact and what do I find? Joy's famous and Rehab's rounding up other women :cry:
    ........and just as I've come home from a **** day at work!
    Annie
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi annie

Poor you, are you ok now? Let dressed and we can go and have a drink. That will make you feel better.

Perhaps that was a squid that grabbed you??I did see Cap Rehab somewhere else at that time.

luv
    trisher xxx
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Yes, thanks, Trisher - putting my feet up now! A few more chores to do later, but they can wait.
    Now, where's this drink? I rather fancy something with rum in it.........

Annie
  • trisher
    Options
    annie_mial wrote:
    Yes, thanks, Trisher - putting my feet up now! A few more chores to do later, but they can wait.
    Now, where's this drink? I rather fancy something with rum in it.........

Annie

Rum and Coke??? Blackcurrent??

love trisher xxx
  • trisher
    Options
    joyful164 wrote:
    How does one follow that, only to say that, as I missed it all I remain perfectly sober. I've forgotten what it's like to be chased and chastised. :wink: Wouldn't mind a reminder though :lol: Just have to make allowances for my walking stick mind :roll: I' m having a job to concentrate on cruises, Oh gosh I have a dozen pictures to get finished for next Spring. How do you get your head round that. :? I shall die famous after all. :cry:

Joy

Hi Joy

eeerm with a paint brush. Sorry

trisher xx
  • joyful164
    Options
    Hey Trisher, where have you been hiding. Dishy Trish, what have you been up to, Been seeing that Captain have you,
    sorry, where have you put the paint brush? don't be cheeky now.
    And don't forget to bring the baby oil, I have a new technique to show you with the acrylics. Mind boggling isn't it? I bet you are all going to take up art to find out now.

Right
    let's get started
    joy
  • valval
    Options
    oops was it a storm thought it was oh being romantic lol :oops: :oops: :oops:
    val
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Evening everyone

Sorry fell asleep after the awful storm and then had a weird nighmare, something about wimmen hunters? :shock: Gave me quite a turn I can tell you. Anyway I have no idea where we are now or where we are headed tomorrow but I really need some sunshine please.
    I'm sure we won't be disappointed.
    Have a good evening all.
    Chris :wink: