Anyone for Gardening?

Options

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Morning All

Been and watered everything from the waterbutt water :)

BUT

the sky is overcast :?:

Love

Toni xx

PS Tilly will be back soon.

Good job as I've saved her all the hedge trimming :wink::lol:

c010.gif
  • frogmorton
    Options
    He HE!!

Rehab

I have afair few myself :wink:

Go on then wang a few over here :D

Love

Toni xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Oh please could I have a few spuds... mine got blight... again! The beans got waterlogged and well I swap for some turnips (they are the orange ones for you folk that don't know its turnip and white turnip!) ......

Got a load of spare hawthornes as well if you would like some? make good hedges but take over if the strimmer isn't up and running......

We heading for one hell if a storm and I can get as much (or very nearly as much) in my new cars boot as I could in my old one folded down..... :D:D:D Oh I so hope I can afford to run it :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You ll have a good day (bit USAish but :wink: ) Cris xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Cris

Tilly is ok!!!! No need to worry - she will try to call in to teh garden very soon.

You offering more hedges...... :? whoes gonna trim em?

We had a showwer up here, but it is nice now.

Hope the storm doesnt frighten any baby horses :(

Love

Toni xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello gardening peeps - thanks for sending out search party - I think I got tangled up in Cris's wild planting for a while there! But found my way back now and just having a wander to find out what's been occurring. All looks lovely in the sunshine!
    Just been watching the never-ending Wimbledon match - very tired after all that tennis so just going to curl up in the hammock with the flask of tea (thanks Cris!) for a little nap.....

Oh - before I doze off, can anyone advise me why my tomato leaves are all curling upwards at the edges? The toms are developing fine and the leaves look healthy otherwise. Any thoughts gratefully received!

Love Tilly xxx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    I could do with a few spuds if there are any going, not been able to plant anything useful this year.......next year will be different!

Have just been splitting and potting up some aloe vera, useful as well as decorative indoors........anyone want one?

Waiting for hubby to get a move on and get some more done outside, I'm stuck till he does a bit more.

Annie
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Tilly

they arent getting scorched by the sun are they?

Love Toni

PS welcome back :D
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    got bushes sorted this morning just grass at front to do then all neat and tidy :D:D:D
    val
  • valval
    Options
    off to water plants be back later val
    val
  • tillytop
    Options
    Hi Val, Toni and Annie

Val - sounds as if you have been working really hard today - hope you haven't overdone it!

Thanks Toni. My toms are outside in big pots against a south facing fence so it is very hot up there, but leaves don't look scorched. I am making sure they are well watered so I hope they'll be ok. I lost all my toms last year due, I think, to some sort of virus (not blight) so fingers crossed.....

Annie - how bout I swap you a some new potatoes for one of your spare Aloe Vera plants? Potatoes are just beginning to flower so won't be long till they're ready I hope. Sounds as if you are getting a bit frustrated with the speed of things - but you obviously have lots of plans for next year!

Hope you all have a good evening.

Love Tilly xxx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    My taties are lowering too Tilly :D

Not scorched?? Mmm... will have a think about that then.....

Did Val say she had trimmed her bushes :shock: :shock: :shock:

Love

Toni xx
  • valval
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    My taties are lowering too Tilly :D

Not scorched?? Mmm... will have a think about that then.....

Did Val say she had trimmed her bushes :shock: :shock: :shock:

Love

Toni xx

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: did not meen like that :D :roll:
    val
  • annie_mial
    Options
    tillytop wrote:
    Hi Val, Toni and Annie

Val - sounds as if you have been working really hard today - hope you haven't overdone it!

Thanks Toni. My toms are outside in big pots against a south facing fence so it is very hot up there, but leaves don't look scorched. I am making sure they are well watered so I hope they'll be ok. I lost all my toms last year due, I think, to some sort of virus (not blight) so fingers crossed.....

Annie - how bout I swap you a some new potatoes for one of your spare Aloe Vera plants? Potatoes are just beginning to flower so won't be long till they're ready I hope. Sounds as if you are getting a bit frustrated with the speed of things - but you obviously have lots of plans for next year!

Hope you all have a good evening.

Love Tilly xxx

Of course you can have an Aloe Vera.............I currently have 4, neighbour took one of them. Yes, I am impatient about the garden, but I know very well that if things went any faster I would overdo it it big time! It's just as well I have to wait.

Annie
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Ah Joanne :D

Bet your son loved helping too.

You got a bargain and didn't miss the bus :)

A sun-tan and that really 'good' feeling you get from the garden eh? :D

Still no Tilly?

Love

Toni xx

Yes hes loving it gone mad with watering every thing. Even next doors fence and got told off oh dear.
    My seeds i put in are coming up. Its so hot. glad to hear you are enjoying the garden from joanne
    Joanne
  • valval
    Options
    annie you do not want to rush it as this part of the fun the getting it how you want it and the antisipation of how it will look a bit like christmas all those gift wrapped presesnt to guess what will be in half the fun enjoy and rest plenty val
    val
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Tilly

looked up teh tomato curl and I am forced to agree with Rehab ( :roll: )
    May well be over or underwatering and the stress of the extreme heat :( Apparently should no affect your tomatoes though :)

Hi Val

How are you doing this morning? Hope you will be outside in the sun too :?:

Annie

I ahve some aloe plants too - do you use them at all - or just 'keep them?

Joanne

I am glad he did enjoy himself and teh seeds coming up so quickly!! That will really keep him intetested :)

Love

Toni xx
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Toni, the aloe plants - I use them for burns, grazes, insect bites, some types of inflammation. Very cooling and soothing. Like rubbing them on my feet, too.........

Annie
  • valval
    Options
    was out at 7.30 this morning drinking tea and reading was lovely then sat out again after work nothing better than a nice breeze when sitting in sun
    val
  • tillytop
    Options
    Hello all!

Hope you have all had a good day.

Been really, really hot here today so no gardening for me -just skulking around trying to stay in the shade as much as possible. Something bit my wrist in the garden yesterday and it's looking a bit swollen and nasty. I normally wear gloves for just that reason but I was "only deadheading a few flowers". That'll teach me.

Thanks Toni and Rehab for the tomato advice and I am relieved to know that the curling leaves are unlikely to spoil the toms. I can't wait to be able to pick them - they rarely make it to the kitchen because I eat them on the way round the garden! Toni, you say your 'tatoes are flowering too - how do you know when to dig them up (or in my case tip them out of their pots)? I'm never sure so it's always a bit of trial and error.

Annie - very interested to know that you actually use your Aloe Vera. Might give that a try. And I know it's hard to be patient when you are excited about a new garden but I agree with Val that the planning is at least half the fun - if frustrating at times!.

Joanne, sorry you got told off by your neighbours! But at least you didn't do what someone I know did and use one of these new fangled fence painting sprayers which went right through the fence to next door's pation furniture. Oops! And so pleased that your seeds are coming up - it's such a thrill to see things growing isn't it?

Have a lovely evevning - hopefully it will cool down a bit by bedtime.

Love Tilly xxx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi All, We have been in the garden this evening. Was'nt it lovely?
    I did some weeding and dead heading. OH was out with the watering can, gosh everything is so dry. They are talking of a hose pipe ban now. :roll:
    We had some brocc for tea. Things are coming on a pace now.

Good gardening. Ix
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Got up this morning to find that the workmen, who had left us a cement mixer as a token of their affection, had been in early and exchanged it for a wheelbarrow.........???

I'd been planning to use the cement mixer as a rather unusual water feature; there's nothing you can do with a wheelbarrow except fill it with plants!

Going out to split up some of my grasses when it's cooled off a bit. Will put them all in one big tub and let them fight it out.

Annie
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    ironic wrote:
    Hi All, We have been in the garden this evening. Was'nt it lovely?
    I did some weeding and dead heading. OH was out with the watering can, gosh everything is so dry. They are talking of a hose pipe ban now. :roll:
    We had some brocc for tea. Things are coming on a pace now.

Good gardening. Ix
    I had a bit of a senior moment today, I generally plant beetroot in modules and then transfer them into the plot, today when I was doing this i remember thinking to myself ' gosh! the roots are red'

Oh hum, at least I managed to do something today

:D
    Welcome to my world :lol::lol: We're planning another evening in the garden tidy up, water and Strawberry picking. Already got the beets out there coming on nicely. Nice to be out and getting things done. Good gardening to all. Lv, Ix
  • valval
    Options
    hi have watered garden and sat in to it for a while lovely day val
    val
  • valval
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    valval wrote:
    hi have watered garden and sat in to it for a while lovely day val
    Val my potatoes are flowering (earlies).. dug my hand into the compost and felt lots of luvverly tatties.. I think we will have some of them steamed for dinner tomorrow :P

how do i know when ready to eat new to this
    val
  • valval
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    valval wrote:
    rehab44 wrote:
    Val my potatoes are flowering (earlies).. dug my hand into the compost and felt lots of luvverly tatties.. I think we will have some of them steamed for dinner tomorrow :P

how do i know when ready to eat new to this
    The easiest way is to get you hands down into your container and have a feel around, iif you have flowers on your tatties that is another indicator and if the stalks are falling over. They will fo no harm if you leave them in a bit longer, they will jut get bigger. Keep watering though they are very greedy

Why not tak a just a few out for dinner and leave the rest in to grow a bit bigger

thanks will have some monday as out tomorrow for dinner and football lol only 6 doors away at pub :D:D:D:D
    val