Anyone for Gardening?

Comments

• annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I be not odd! Just slightly mad - and it helps.

Will be trying out a few sweet tatties next year........

Annie
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Hi i have put the plants out side now. on an old canteen trolly which was once used for trays. Hubby got it from a farm sale he likes unusual items. He had it in his shed at allotment and put wooden boards on each level. I saw it and though that is ideal for putting plants on at home.
    There was no room in car so hubby told me to push it its on wheels and made quite a clank and an impact on fellow house owners along the way home who came out to investigated what the strange clanking was. And saw a lady takeing a canteen tray trolly for a walk as you do :D:lol: .
    Hubby met me half way to help me. It is just ideal and i love it.
    Ive put others in borders and the garden is looking good.
    Joanne
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,822
    Hi Annie

Will let you know if they work out....

Joanne

That sounds a really good idea....might see if they have one at the car boot??

Glad to hear the garden is looking good :wink:

LOve

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    PS

Just had a look at my tomatoes and tWO were going orange yesterday....

TODAY about ten are!!!

Amazing - we have had no sun for days :? :roll:
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hello all - will have to read back tomorrow cos a bit too stiff to sit for long at the pc but just to say THANKYOU for the rain dance - it worked a treat!!!! Bit more needed yet though so please keep it up!

Tilly xx
  • loopylou
    loopylou Member Posts: 175
    the rain dance definately worked over the A50! was driving down there earlier in torrential rain, wipers were going like the clappers i couldn't see a thing. I was following the car in front hoping to god they weren't going to turn off as I was struggling to see the lines on the road!
    so if you do another rain dance please don't send it my way i've had my fill of rain today!
    lou
    -x-
    Just keep plodding along singing a song
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Wish the rain dance would come here.......we are still bone dry and using tap water on the garden now.

Have spent today just ambling about in the garden. Hubby put up our little mini-green house and I am really pleased with it, just the right size.

Well, will hope for rain tonight.

Annie
  • frogmorton
    Coor blimey....

ok Annie....

here goes...... l055.gif

we'll try this one - (can keep clothes on for this one!)

Sorry about the A50 - trying to perfect the location is not THAT easy :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    babycham wrote:
    Oh sorry everyone I just love the rain loads of it send it all to me its just so refreshing it makes everything so clean and sparkleybring it on of to horse show today so perhaps not to much after lunch our girl jumpingxxLBabycham

Oh Good luck

For her Cham

will cross me toes :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • tillytop
    Hi Toni, Babycham, Annie and Lou - hope you are all having good weekends.

Toni, can you direct the new rain-dance my way too please? Perhaps the rain can go to Annie first and then over to me in Oxfordshire. We could definitely do with more!

Lou - your drive sounds mega scary - I would have panicked big-time!

Annie - glad you are chuffed with your greenhouse! Bet you are busy planning what to plant in it! Hope Toni's latest rain-dance has worked!

Babycham - like you I love the garden when it's all green and fresh from the rain. Hope the horse-jumping went well and you enjoyed the show.

Love Tilly x
  • frogmorton
    BAD NEWS!!!!!!

Might have to keep some of the rain :shock:

'someone' (maybe me??) left the big waterbutt tap OPEN!!!!

DISASTER HAS STRUCKETH!!!!!

l055.gif

better get on with it then.....

Toni xx
  • suncatcher
    I have got another Jasmine, a spirea,Budlia, some orange plants carnt think of name at mo and another climber. A sign which is pink saying mums garden and a garden urn to plant flowers in from two car boots today. I have yet to plant them as i also was seeing my mom in law today so did not get time. The whole day was exhausting but looking forward to putting them in tomorrow. Hope u all are well. Im going to bed now. good night gardeners. Hope its sunny for u tomorrow x joanne
    Joanne
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    good morning just watering cafe garden as no rain here yet lol. love playing with hose pipe can get nice and wet will cool me down lovely val
    val
  • frogmorton
    Ok So no ban for Val....

Rehab uses the water from the pool and Joanne

WellJoanne!!!

they sound lovely and I love the sign!!!

Want one!!!

Mums garden :D and PINK!!

hey REhab remeber my buddleia in the wrong place (near me veggies?) I was going to move in winter?? It's dying :shock:

You think it heard you saying get a new one - the're cheap enough?? :shock:
  • tillytop
    Hello!

Have any of you tried growing "sprouting seeds"? I have bought a seed sprouter (posh name for a plastic tray with drainage holes and a lid) and some alfalfa and broccoli seeds to try sprouting. Apparently they will be ready in just a couple of days are are very nutritious. I plan to add them to salads and sandwiches.

Tilly x
  • tillytop
    Hi rehab - thanks for the tip! They are growing amazingly quickly. Just put second lot in to grow today.

Love Tilly x
  • tillytop
    Hello all - Tomato excitement!

We have eaten our first tomatoes and I am very excited!!!! Only 2 mind (one each) but still... And there are loads more to come. They are Sungold so really sweet and delicious.

Love Tilly x
  • tillytop
    Hey Cham - please stop with the Autumn already!!!!! :lol: You're nearly as bad as my Dad when, at midsummer's day, he announces "oh well, all downhill to Christmas"! I've not seen Toni today either, perhaps I better investigate behind the compost. Toni? Toni are you there????

Love Tilly xxx
  • frogmorton
    Yep Tilly Cham

dont be worrying I've been having a quick nifta of the ole Martel (who bought the posh stuff?)

Want some of those sprouting seeds :wink: gimme gimme :wink:

Good news is me waterbutts are filling nicely again :D

Love

Toni xx
  • suncatcher
    Good luck with the seed planters and enjoy your tomatoes Tilly.

I have ate some of my lettice today yummy.
    We have had a good crop of courgets at the allotment and given some to friends to eat.
    I have been puting out my Basil plants today. My has got me a garden clock as i had no idea what time it was and i get carried away.
    Joanne
  • suncatcher
    I forgot to mention i am babysitting two tomato plants for two weeks while my neighbors are off. joanne
    Joanne
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    suncatcher wrote:
    I forgot to mention i am babysitting two tomato plants for two weeks while my neighbors are off. joanne

Well I hope you talk to them and tell them to grow into good little tomatoes.

Well if it is good enough for HRM :D
  • frogmorton
    Totally agree Ironic they benefit form some kind words - we all do :wink:

Joanne does that mean you get to eat any ripe ones??

Love

Toni xx
  • valval
    can i have cheese and tomatoe sandwiches and can we have some to take into trishers pocket tomorrow
    val
  • valval
    do not mind love strong chedder with fresh toms will be great
    val