Anyone for Gardening?

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,822
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi DD

glad about the lavendar - not so glad about the wiffy poo :?

Toatoes in a hOT greenhouse :D Nothing like it :D

Val you got rain??? :D

Hoorah for you :)

I STILL got rain - so much soi been out in it anyway deadheading before my trip to Cris'

Love

Toni xx
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    our garden is full of flowers now.

I bought a white rose from a shoppng channel, it really does look nice.
    The large sweet Peas are out in bloom, we have Busy Lillies all colours, begonias
    and much more.

The hanging baskets look really pretty too. They are doing well on bath water.

Trish xx
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi DD

glad about the lavendar - not so glad about the wiffy poo :?

Toatoes in a hOT greenhouse :D Nothing like it :D

Val you got rain??? :D

Hoorah for you :)

I STILL got rain - so much soi been out in it anyway deadheading before my trip to Cris'

Love

Toni xx

I got rain here also toni it helps me out. Wish i had green house no room hubs got one up allotement. I have only got my plastic ones and they will be too small for what i have in mind for next year. Yes im thinking about next year. Yes im addicted to gardening.Is there a cure?
    Joanne
  • trisher
    No rain in London

Trish xxx
  • frogmorton
    Bath water is fine isnt it Trisher??

Good on you.

Joanne

I am glad you have a plan and I can assure you - there are FAR worse things to be addicted to :wink:

Catch you all later watered my tomatoes before i get off to Cris'

Love

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    WHAT???

No gardening all weekend??

Is Cham still away??

Has Rehab left already??

Joanne??

Val??

Annie (still out of action)

Ange?

I could go on..... :roll:

Might need to check up behing the composter eh?

Toni xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    I'm Here!!
    Have done some over due dead heading. The toms have had their lower leaves removed and a couple of rouge snails dispatched.

We had fresh cabbage with our Sunday dinner. Always forget how much nicer they are home grown. Courgettes are getting away from me. Having to give them away. The onions have been bent over with all the rain but they are not a bad size so maybe not such a problem.

Good gardening to all,

Lv, Ix
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    will water every day promise mind you they bit behinde only just loosing there flowers and fruiting so water and food from now on i promise do not want split toms
    val
  • trisher
    There is a lady who has moved into the house next door. After her first day of moving in she went out innto her front garden.

She was digging away at this and that. When hubby went out he came back and told me that she has planted potatoes, carrots, peas, cabbage, runner beans and at the back near her window sun flowers.

She has a large back garden like we have but she has nothing in that.

Trish xx
  • loopylou
    loopylou Member Posts: 175
    tillytop wrote:
    Morning all!

Lou - hunky guys on way to you to tend the allotment - you will have to sit and watch them work though (shame) because otherwise they will skive and eat all the produce!

Love Tillyx

lol tilly that did make me laugh. not bin on here for a few days, had my own hunky guy here over the wkend :wink: he watered the garden for me :D

only get him over the wkend though as he lives 2 counties away so could I have the hunky guys you mention here the rest of the week?

only here for another week parentals come back on fri so next week send them to my house. our garden needs doing and neither me nor my housemate are the most green fingered people. I'm sure she would appreciate the view aswell as me :wink:

lou
    -x-
    Just keep plodding along singing a song
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    I hopped outside and did some more deadheading today, looks much better now. Keeps threatening rain but nothing happens and we could do with a drop or two more.

I've got a sweet chilli plant just beginning to flower.....never had one before (and this one cost me 10p at a garden sale). Wonder if I'll get any chillies?

Annie
  • frogmorton
    Hi annie

Good to see you :D

Did you notice I did some dead heading for you? Bet you feel better for it.

Mell grew sweet chillis last year and did really well with them - not sure about this year though.

Do let me know how they do eh?

Love

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    Hi Trisher

Your neighbour will maybe plant even more in the rest of the garden - hope she gets a glut nd gives you some eh? :wink:

Hi Ironic

home grown cabbage - nothing like it - mind you have to wash em a bit better eh? :wink:

Hi Val
    Good girl watering and feeding them properly - dont want teh wrath of Rehab on you :shock:

Lou have the hunks been?

AMAZING!!

I had rain so no need here b*M!!!

Love

Toni xx
  • loopylou
    morning toni

nope the hunks haven't been yet. am sat eagerly awaiting them though.

my own hunky guy is here for a few hours tonight he drives all the way from near cannock to see me on tues :D so if I don't get tillys here i've got my own :D

lou
    -x-
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    My bluey-mauve hibiscus is flowering and I discovered that moths settle on the lavender after the beebly-bums and flutter-bups have left for the day. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    Hi Lou

are you stealing our hunks???? :shock:

We have very few here in Cannock :shock:

Well done :D

DD

I think that is really sweet the way they are all taking it in turns - nature is rather wonderfl isnt it :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Hi all thought id pop in your gardens to see what you are all doing lots of good work going on. I am pleased to see a little sun. its been windy and rainy round here.
    Hope u are all keeping well joanne
    Joanne
  • frogmorton
    Hi Joanne

Lovely to see you today :)

Rainy and windy - be careful Tilly is having waterbutt envy :wink:

Hope your garden is still doing really well?

lOve

Toni xx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    DD, my hibiscus is flowering, too. We weren't sure it would take transplanting down here, but it is going strong - it's a blue one.

I bought an orange sage a couple of weeks ago, it's gone berserk, taking over the whole of the pot I put it in, so have moved the thyme today.

Hubby raked and I did some more deadheading and tidying today, so it looks good out there again...........would be even better if we had a bit more rain to turn the grass green again.

Annie
  • frogmorton
    Hi Annie

Sounds good all the work you and hubby have done :)

We STILL have rain here - I almost feel guilty :oops:

Mind you - my problem is getting a dry day to cut the grass!!

Remember that Annie?? :wink:

Hope you have a ,lovely day

Toni xx
  • loopylou
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Lou

are you stealing our hunks???? :shock:

We have very few here in Cannock :shock:

Well done :D

Love

Toni xx

Hi Toni

Only one I'm sure they'll be a few others left in Cannock. :wink:

Lou
    -x-
  • frogmorton
    Lou

That is very very doubtful :wink: I have one but he is really a warwickshire lad

You have a good weekend together anyway :D

Love

toni xx
  • loopylou
    lol Toni

At least you don't have to worry about finding one in Cannock then :D

We will have a lovely weekend together. Parentals are back on fri so we will be at mine again and housemate is going to be off looking after her brothers house whilst he's away so we'll have the house to ourselves :wink:

and yey the responsibility of looking after the garden and the dogs will go back to my parents :D hope i've done well :?

Missing my bed so am on countdown before I can go back home :D its weird as I grew up in this house so I should feel at home but I don't.

Lou
    -x-
  • frogmorton
    Hi Lou

You know that's probably a good sign if you no longer feel 'at home' there. Means you were ready to leave.

If the plants are all alive - I reckon you have done ok :wink:

Have you been here to cannock yet? Not a lot to see, but the locals rae very very friendly - honest :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • loopylou
    Lol Toni

yeah the plants are still alive as far as I can tell. None of them look withered so assuming their fine.

True I've not lived here for almost 2 yrs so it is a very good sign.

yeah I have a few times not for long though, we've been into wetherspoons for drinks a couple of times and popped in over xmas to get a couple of pressies. not really explored round. tend to stay in Great Wyrley for a night out as the Cannock night club scene really isn't our scene we prefer rock music and since LA rock cafe closed (which I never went to as it was closed by the time I went down to his) there's nowhere for us to go. we just go down to the local everyone knows us :D probably not that much of a good sign. we're not alcoholics really :?

Lou

-x-