Anyone for Gardening?

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,822
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi lou

Yes the music is a bit naff here :(

Gt Wyrley is Joseph's (livinglegend) neck of the woods you know :)

Not that much in Cannock - I am near newlife and the Mcdonalds on hemlock way. Not a million miles from T*sco's :wink:

The wetherspoons is ok.

Glad the plants have survived and you are looking forward to going home :)

Love

Toni xx
  • loopylou
    loopylou Member Posts: 175
    No didn't know that.

No idea where the McDonalds or Tesco is. We go to Sainsburys at The Orbital as thats the closest store and I don't do McDonalds (eww)

its been raining here so won't need to worry about the garden today :D Am going to spend the day (until I go to work at least) doing the housework, want them to come back to a nice clean house.

Lou
    -x-
    Just keep plodding along singing a song
  • frogmorton
    Good girl

move over I'll give you a hand a010.gif

Love

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    Anyone seen Babycham today???

Better check behind the composter.....

A rather worried

Toni xx
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    HI,

I just popped in for a bit of advice and well its a small world isnt it Cannock is on the map eh?

Lou you like Rock mucic and metal? I shall be pleased to advise .
    It is my Music!! c020.gif

Anyway garden advice.. i have a Holly Tree i want to move it when is the best time to move it so it doesnt die?

Rose x
  • frogmorton
    Hi Cham

hope they have a lovely time on tehir hols then and that you are feeling more yourself now - imagine me thinking you were quoffing the Brandy :oops:

Hi Rose

Yes we are on the map so to speak - one of our hunks is seeing Lou :wink:

What music do you like then?? and do you play it to your plants?

Hey Rose

he holly I know a bit about transplanting things like that - they are best done in the springtime unless you've got to do it now??

You either have to dig a HUGE area around the roots or you can chop them off nearer to the bit where most roots are nowish?? Did a sort of channel and fill it with compost or something like that and then new little roots will form into this which helps it settle in its new home.

Obvioulsy dig a big enough hole the other end...........

phew!! I am out of breath now :roll:
  • loopylou
    Hi Rose

Rock and Metal is the only music in my opinion, everything else is just noise!

:o Toni no1 can claim him he's mine!!! I am planning to move there so am entitled to 'one of yours' so :P

and thanks for the help with the housework Lol :D

Lou
    -x-
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Hi Toni,

Thanx for the holly advice :D i'll tell OH to get on with it lol

Lou ...metal the best ...heavier the better for me!! Where abouts round here you going to be moving to? If you want to go to a metal club i know of a few . Does your 'hunk' go to any of them round here?

Rose x
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Joanne

Lovely to see you today :)

Rainy and windy - be careful Tilly is having waterbutt envy :wink:

Hope your garden is still doing really well?

lOve

Toni xx
    Hi sorry havent been round been busy. Hope u are ok Joanne
    Joanne
  • suncatcher
    Hi all I decided to prune and pick my lavender. In my two front bourders have got lads lavender. I thought it was so messy and i wanted to make lavender bags. I hadent finished the task as my back hurt and the rain came anyway.
    I packed up and went to bed early. I woke back pain was gone. It was 2 in morning but i itched all over. I am now covered in a rash top to toe all over my body. Been to docs yesterday got anihystermines.
    I love lavender and have bath products and had no problems before. Doctors said she loved lavender and hoped it wasnt that. She said it could be any plant. I am giving this job back to hubby he deals with the lavender bushes normally.
    I am wake again not had much sleep as im so itchy :( .
    I managed to creasalt the new fences hubby has made round garden. :D
    We built a garden shed two years ago and patio. We had a few gates etc to finish off so he has finished them at long last.

I am hopeing to paint the old canteen trolly today green. and have a little tidy up. We still have some wood work to finish on patio but thats being done another day as we need a bit more wood and he is hopeing to get it cheep at stone sale at end of month. well id better go been rambling enough hope everyones ok happy gardening joanne :D
    Joanne
  • frogmorton
    Morning Cham and Joanne and Rose and Lou....

phew!!!

Out of breath now.

Tilly was a bit busy the other day and struggling to get on I think so lets hope she is ok eh?? Cham I will have a word with Daisycat - I can avoid the chase for a bit too :shock:

Joanne good to see yo so busy in the garden - I had missed you and hope the rash goes soon :( The trolley will look GOOD!!

Of course ou can have one of ours as you will be one of us too soon :wink: and Rose will give you some better music advice eh?? :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hi Toni and anyone else who is around. Will read back in a min to find out what's been happening in the garden.

I am ok thanks Toni - sorry not been in garden for a few days. Been dipping in and out of the forum here and there when I can, hindered all the while by stupid computer. When internet is busy, half the keyboard functions don't work - can't delete, backspace, return - which makes typing messages very difficult. Tried typing in Word instead and copying into forum, but same problem in Word. Mmm, think I need my pc guru to investigate. Sorry, rant over! :roll:

Hope all ok in the gardens. We have STILL not had proper rain here and I am not happy! So pllleeeease can we all join in one big raindance - led by you Toni, given that you seem to manage to take the rain with you wherever you go! Would be very grateful.

Love Tilly x
  • loopylou
    roses1 wrote:
    Hi Toni,

Thanx for the holly advice :D i'll tell OH to get on with it lol

Lou ...metal the best ...heavier the better for me!! Where abouts round here you going to be moving to? If you want to go to a metal club i know of a few . Does your 'hunk' go to any of them round here?

Rose x

Hi Rose

yep totally with you there, you can't beat a bit of Metal! I'll be moving to Great Wyrley but not for a while yet, I need a better job with more money! No he doesn't we spend weekends together and both have a lack of money so we tend to just go to the local when we're at his. We take over the juke box though :D much to the dismay of everyone else in there, its been known for the volume to go down or the thing to be switched off altogether when we put Slipknot or Rammstein on.

Lou
    -x-
  • frogmorton
    [I like crowded house takes me back ) dance. dance Any luck yet TillyxxxLB/Cham[/quote]
    Take over Toni ...Having one of me hot flushes :oops: :oops: :oops: Any rain yet?B/Chamxxx
    [/quote]

Give us a sec.... l055.gif

Got some Cannock hunks to help out :wink:
  • tillytop
    Thanks for the rain dancing - and the song Cham - think that'll be going round and round in my head all night now!

STILL no rain though! Don't know what else to do. c020.gif

Love Tilly x
  • suncatcher
    Dont want no rain please here. The suns been under the clouds more than out today. I want more sun!Stop the dancing. :D
    Still it kept dry. Painted trolly very green now.
    I got wrong day for nurse appointment was yesturday but got bloods and blood pressure done today and they made me an appointment for the 11th. :roll:
    I visited B and Q I got a few plants and a croc pot saucer for my big plant pot i have had some years. 8) :D

happy gardening x joanne
    Joanne
  • frogmorton
    Don't worry Joanne we were only dancing for anyone who WANTS rain :wink:

Well done for getting the tray painted - what kind of paint did you have to use??

Shame you got the dates wrong :roll: Never mind 11th is fairly soon.

Tilly - I saw on the forecast more rain due later...Shhh!!! dont tell Joanne she might think I did it :shock: might only be drizzle though :wink: Shhh!!!

Love to all

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    Good Morning Cham :D

k025.gif

This little man has clickety heels??

Will he do?

No rain over Joanne's though :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    We had a funny little shower this morning only lasted 10 minutes. Probably because I only got the tap shoes out and looked at them - I couldn't now get them on my feet if I wanted to, don't know why I cling on to them so grimly. I just feel that if I throw them away I throw away all my hopes, too. Silly, really.

Think we might be due for a little more rain, well down here the more the merrier atm.

Garden looking a bit fresher for the rain.

Annie
  • frogmorton
    Hi Annie

You should get more rain then shouldnt she Cham - we started with a teeny wit like that about 4 weeks ago and it hasn't stopped since :shock: :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • tillytop
    Hello all

Well, clearly the dancing isn't doing the trick here - even Toni's green leprechaun hasn't done the trick. So here is my latest idea. Please will all you peeps with too much rain, collect as much as you can in buckets and send it here to me in Oxfordshire so I can water my desperately parched garden! As an incentive, I will send the hunky guys round to collect the buckets - the more buckets, the more hunky guys!!!! :lol:

Thanks!

Love Tilly x
  • frogmorton
    You can have all my waterbutts full TGilly one very large and one medium

(I can soon fill em up :( )

and I get one LARGE hunk and one MEDIUM hunk :wink:

Deal??

Toni xx
  • loopylou
    Tilly you never did send those hunks over to my parents house.

No worries now though parentals are back so garden is now out of my hands I'm finally home :D

Now just gotta deal wih my garden :? Do you think the Hunks could help with my garden?

Lou
    -x-
  • tillytop
    Hi Lou and Toni

Sorry Lou, hunks must have got lost on the way - probably down the pub - can't get the staff can you?

But as soon as they have finished with rain collection duties, will send them over to your garden to help you out.

Toni - Deal!! You obviously received the large/medium hunks - cos we have RAIN!!!! Hoorah!!!! Still need more though so sending the rest of the guys your way now. :lol:

How are the beansprouts coming Toni? I've got a good system going now - one tray being eaten, next growing on ready. Such fun and very yummy!

Hope you are having a good day.

Love Tilly x
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Rain! We've got more rain, whoopee! Won't have to water the plants tonight and they all look fresh and green. The grass has started to grow again, too, much to hubby's annoyance.

Have got some plants that now need to go in the small beds for the autumn. Just need to find the energy to do it.

Annie