Anyone for Gardening?

Options

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Annie

Glad you've got the rain too. As you say it's lovely to see the garden looking a bit fresher isn't it? OH cut our grass the other day - didn't want him to do it cos it was so dry but it does look better now.

What plants have you bought? Our local garden centre is devoid of anything nice at the moment. Don't think they've got their autumn stock in yet :cry:

Hopefully by the time it stops raining you will have some energy for planting.

Love Tilly x
  • loopylou
    loopylou Member Posts: 175
    Options
    tillytop wrote:
    Hi Lou and Toni

Sorry Lou, hunks must have got lost on the way - probably down the pub - can't get the staff can you?

But as soon as they have finished with rain collection duties, will send them over to your garden to help you out.

Love Tilly x

Lol no worries at the moment Tilly I have my own hunk here at the moment :D

Lou
    -x-
    Just keep plodding along singing a song
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    tillytop wrote:
    Hi Annie

Glad you've got the rain too. As you say it's lovely to see the garden looking a bit fresher isn't it? OH cut our grass the other day - didn't want him to do it cos it was so dry but it does look better now.

What plants have you bought? Our local garden centre is devoid of anything nice at the moment. Don't think they've got their autumn stock in yet :cry:

Hopefully by the time it stops raining you will have some energy for planting.

Love Tilly x

They are perennials, Tilly, which I have had in pots until now. I think they need to go in while the soil is still relatively warm.

I agree, there's not much around at the moment.............another month or so and all the pansies and polyanthus etc. will be on offer. I will be making up my winter baskets as I like to keep them going round the year if I can. It will be interesting to see what happens here, in a different location (it'll depend on the weather, too......please no more snow).

Annie
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    We had a really good down pour and when it stopped the smell of the sweetpeas found it's way indoors it was so nice.

The plants around the pond are out in full bloom, the garden just look so pretty with a mass of colour.

Trish xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,595
    Options
    So Glad you all got the rain :D

Cham and I are pleased and we got SUN!!!!!!

fair deal eh??

Yes Tilly the hunks are here - fanning me as we speak in my hammock.......

Trisher I took a load of sweet peas to my MIL yesterday - beea-utiful :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    I think she did Cham...... :roll:

Now get your bikini on and get outside to some gardening whilst sunbathing....

it's gonna be a lovely morning :wink:

My eldets planted some cosmos seeds this year and only ONE came up :(

so I bought her a whole pot full :D

Love

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    hi Cham

Charlie loves them too - she grew some for my Mum the year before she died so she keeps on growing them - they are lovely aren't they??

Tilly I forgot - we have the sprouts - the first lot are ready and Lucy is visiting her DAD :(

Love

Toni xx
  • tillytop
    Options
    Hi Toni, Cham, Lou, Annie, Trish
    Cham is right, I did keep some hunks back here but we are still so short of rain that I’m willing to offer a one-time special deal – THREE hunks for every full waterbutt you send to me. So get filling (pleeeese).
    Toni – so what will you do? Will you eat the first lot of sprouts and get some more on the go for when Lucy gets back?... They do seem to grow quickly though so hopefully it won’t be too long a wait for more.
    Lou – lucky you having your very own hunk with you!
    Annie, hope you have managed to find some energy to plant your perennials. I too love winter pansies etc but I have to work really hard to keep them going cos our garden faces north and is really cold in the winter.
    Trish, your garden sound an absolute delight. I didn’t grow any sweet peas this year but really wish I had. Definitely on the wish list for next year though.
    Love Tillyx
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Sadly plants still in pots, but did do some tidying up.....hopefully we'll have a little more rain tomorrow, plants will be sorted by the end of the week.

Hubby is really proud, his grass seed is growing at last! A lovely patch of young grass.......wish he'd get on with the rest of the bald patches!

Annie
  • loopylou
    loopylou Member Posts: 175
    Options
    Tilly

I only have my hunk here at weekends and tues nights so am filling up buckets as we speak to make use of your offer!

We've just had a right downpour (much to my housemates dismay as she has not long been out to water the garden) so have plenty for you :D

Looking forward to receiving the hunks :wink:

Lou
    -x-
    Just keep plodding along singing a song
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi All

Lou getting midweek hunks too from Tilly?? :wink:

Annie they will get planted soon I'm sure and the grass will be green once more. No doubt it will turn green and rain and rain and rain and grow too long :roll: cant cut it as it's raining :roll: e020.gif

Saw on telly a bit about artificial grass.... :shock: how odd!!

Tilly I ate them :oops: I growing some more to be ready for when she gets back :oops: dont tell will you?

Love

Toni xx
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Rain, we got rain again! Gallons of it...........the water butts are both full and I think the ground is soft enough to dig in now.........

Annie
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Cham

Glad you slept so well - about time too

You will feel better for it later

Hi Annie

Glad you had rain - hope you can dig then n025.gif

Want a hand?

Love

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    That'll be the hunks sent over by Tilly....

some of them got lost....

Hunks don't always have much brain you see....

Glad everything in the garden is coming up 'roses'

Who plant sat for you?

Love

Toni xx
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Toni - I's not digging, hubby is..........and he wants to do it all by himself, I asked him if he wanted any help and he said yes, I could help by staying out of the way.

It's still raining, whoopee!

Annie
  • tillytop
    Options
    Afternoon all!

It’s been absolutely pouring with rain here since about 4am – loverly jubberly! Thanks for all the dancing and the bucket filling!

Lou – hope the hunks did get to you this time – they were the ones lurking by Rehab’s water feature I think!

Toni – re the sprouts – your secret’s safe with me!!! Hopefully next lot will be fully fledged by time Lucy gets home.

Cham – glad you got some sleep. Since you missed the “Grand hunk sale” I have arranged for it to be extended specially for you so dispatching some your way as we speak. But be aware, sale MUST end 5pm tomorrow.

Rehab – hope you had a lovely holiday. Your garden sounds as if it’s thriving!

Annie – as usual you seem to be getting same weather as here. If hubby thinks you are more help NOT gardening, at least you can sit inside in the dry planning your planting schemes!

Love Tilly who thinks she will need water wings when she goes out to the shop for milk in a few mins!

s010.gif
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Annie

I think you could 'look help' That's what I used to do for my Dad when I was little. means 'hands off' really :wink:

Tilly

I have eaten them and more are sprouting already so i reckon i will get away with it :wink: So glad about all the rain :)

Cham

You poor chick :( You dont sound so good today me duckey!!

Take another peek behind the compotser there is a bottle of cooki ng sherry left if You are desperate?? I'm not suprised teh martel went are you?

The hammock is up between the two eucalyptus and you can relax in the sun this morning.

Love

Toni xx
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Perennials planted this morning........ground still very hard, but hubby managed. It's my job to keep watering them and Tillie Cat's job to frighten off Ginger Tom who made an unwelcome reappearance last night. We've left her out there on guard. He's a wimp.

Lovely morning after the rain, but we still need more........hopefully Friday?

Feel sorry for all those on holiday, but we do need the rain here.

Annie
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    annie_mial wrote:
    Perennials planted this morning........ground still very hard, but hubby managed. It's my job to keep watering them and Tillie Cat's job to frighten off Ginger Tom who made an unwelcome reappearance last night. We've left her out there on guard. He's a wimp.

Lovely morning after the rain, but we still need more........hopefully Friday?

Feel sorry for all those on holiday, but we do need the rain here.

Annie

it could rain at night then all would be happy :D:D:D:D
    val
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Good thinking, Val.

Annie
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Good plan that Val :D

Maybe we need to alter the TIMING of our rain dancing then....mmmm....

will give that some thought s045.gif
  • tillytop
    Options
    Afternoon all!

Cham, hope those special offer hunks are looking after you well - you really sound as if you need it today. Hope you are feeling a bit better now than you were earlier.

Toni - glad the new sprouts are sprouting well!

Val - like your idea of night-time rain so I think we should appoint Toni chief of the "rain-dancing committee" since it seems to follow her wherever it goes. And Cham, I think, should be in charge of the musical accompaniments "always take the weather with you" etc etc.

Annie - so pleased that the perennials are in and hopefully the ginger tom is keeping away now Tillie cat's on guard. "look helping" is a good description from Toni I think. Will remember that one!

Love Tilly x
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Yes, I'll keep that in mind to use next time I'm told to keep out of the way.

Tillie cat has seen him off twice.........he's persistent if unappealing.

Everything looking good and will look better for a good raking tomorrow.

Annie
  • tillytop
    Options
    Hi Annie and Cham

Cham, sorry you are still having such a struggle - I have arranged for a further extension of the great hunk sale just for you and they are in the garden waiting by the hammock whenever you have chance to pop in.

Annie - if you send the ginger tom Cham's way, would definitely solve your problems, but you might have divorce on your conscience!

Love Tilly x
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Annie Cham and Tilly

What can we do to help you cham??

You wnat me to dig your garden for you and you can stroke your cats - and the extra one??

Daisycat has a friend who might be homeless - hopng she is not or I will have TWO for sure and yes (apparently) it IS grounds for divorce!!! :shock:

Love

Toni xx