Anyone for Gardening?

Options

Comments

• annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Cham, don't really think Big Ginge is homeless or a stray, he looks quite well fed and sleek. Can't make out quite where he comes from..........the estate behind us is a cats paradise and it could be anywhere. All the other familiar ones who come round (not for long!) well, I have located their homes although I don't know their names. They are all well-behaved and now sit outside the gate peering through waiting for Tillie to emerge, which she does with the eclat of a dowager duchess. Ginge is the only one who persistently tries to come into the garden and what the attraction is I've no idea - other than the fact that cats are all notoriously contrary!

Cham, don't worry about Ginge - if I thought he needed feeding or a home I'd be the first one out there.

The garden is now tidied up and planted up as far as possible. It's a horrid thought, but I'm going to have to seriously consider doing something about my hanging baskets as they are all looking very straggly and past it.

Annie
  • loopylou
    loopylou Member Posts: 175
    Options
    tillytop wrote:
    Afternoon all!

Lou – hope the hunks did get to you this time – they were the ones lurking by Rehab’s water feature I think!

Love Tilly who thinks she will need water wings when she goes out to the shop for milk in a few mins!

s010.gif

Yeah they did :D they turned up on tues but told them to come back next day as boyfriend visits on tues. they came back on wed :D They did mention something about camping near some water so yeah they must have been at Rehabs! :D

Our garden is nicely watered today it tipped it down earlier so hopefully the acer tree will start to recouperate-poor thing lost all its leaves in the hot weather we watered it so much but alas it seems it wasn't enough!

Lou
    -x-
    Just keep plodding along singing a song
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,595
    Options
    Hi lou Annie and Cham

Glad to hear the cat is ok and has a home Annie :) Shall waste no more time worrying :wink:

Lou

Glad you received your hunks ok :shock: Imagine them arriving when your hunk was there :shock: Bet you had some explaining to do..... I hope your poor acer is ok now and recovers.

Cham

You sound a good bit better today? Sorry bowt the horse :( sounds nasty :( My dad used to bring his geraniums in in the winter I think - but I have a greenhoues and am glad coz I worry that creepycrawlies will come in too :oops:

Love

Toni xx
  • loopylou
    Options
    Hi Cham and Toni

No luck on the car, mechanic is on holiday now and seeing as he had pulled it apart before realising he hadn't left himself enough time to complete the job I had no choice but to leave it there as couldn't get it towed anywhere else have gone!

The Acer tree is looking better than it was, the rain has done it the world of good! here's hoping it gets even better!

Lou
    -x-
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Oh Lou

Still no car :(

you poor thing :(

Hope he is back soon now?

And there is more rain to come your acer is thirsty isnt it?

Soon be better.

Love

Toni xx
  • loopylou
    Options
    Hi Toni

I'll get the car back a week on tues. It's gonna be the first job he does when he's back on the monday but as I'm at work in the afternoon I'll still be bus'ing it as won't get the car back in time.

Think we'll be getting more rain today so the acer should be happy!

Lou
    -x-
  • frogmorton
    Options
    No Car :(:(

You have ALL my sympathy on that one - I hate it when my car is poorly :(

Love

Toni xx

Glad acer happy though
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    babycham wrote:
    rehab44 wrote:
    It has rained since I got back from my holidays....I have removed the roof rack and luggage thingie.. washed the car in the rain :roll: Garden is still overgrown, I am not mowing in the bloody rain.. I am dpressed i need another holiday in the sun.. with a woman just coming to the boil.. anyone seen Joan Lawson?
    Hi Rehab I believe M/s Joan Lawson is busy with young artists over in her studioxxxLB/C :):)

And nude male models???? :shock: :shock:

I thought this was the gardening thread :!: :shock: :shock:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Can't see why you can't have nude male models in the garden, the Greeks used to do it all the time. Where did I put Adonis?

Annie
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    It's all Greek to me, Annie :roll: I think I'll stick to the painting :D

role02.gif
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hi Joan, Toni, Annie, Lou, Cham and Rehab

Turn me back for five minutes and there's all sorts of norty things going on in the shrubbery! :oops: :lol:

Toni - will Daisycat leave home in disgust if you adopt the stray (if he turns out to be stray)?

Annie, your Tilliecat sounds wonderfully scary and as if she definitely rules the roost!

Lou, hope the hunks were a help to you when they came back on Weds. Sorry car still out of action, but just let me know if you need the services of the "Hunky Guys Chauffeur Company". They will be happy to run you to and from work or wherever else you need to go... Glad the Acer is recovering now. We have a lovely big Acer in a pot and I was worried about it in the hot weather but it seems to be doing fine.

Cham - sounds from your early morning post as if you have more energy today. Hope this has continued for you. Hope too that your horse will recover soon. Hunks still "at your service".

Just off to pick some lettuce leaves from the garden for tea.

Love Tilly x
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Tilly, she's about as scary as a bluebell.......unless you're a ginger tom she doesn't want around. However, she is certainly the boss around here..........but she is 16 now, still as much of a comedienne as ever.

We've got an enormous Acer in a pot, which is going to be planted in the garden in the autumn, once the leaves are down. Don't know what it's chances will be but it is now much too big for the pot, which was the largest we could find. Plan to put assorted bulbs around it when it goes in, cross our fingers and wait for Spring!

Annie
  • loopylou
    Options
    Acer trees seem very popular on here!
    Ours is looking so much healthier than it did a few weeks ago.

Tilly ooo I love the idea of the chauffeur service wil have to take you up on that, I am missing my car so much.

Lou
    -x-
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Morning All

Acers are very beatiful treees

Just right for Joan to paint...with/without any 'models'. Joan to you paint bits of fruit or fruity bits??

You can tell rehab is back eh :roll: Good to see you really :wink:

Tilly I dont know this cat LOOKS female and is Daisy's frriend...we would have to see - I love Daisy so much dont want to go on me hols and leave her :?

Will you all keep an eye? Make sure Mel doesnt get her or any other cat- dislikers??

Thanks

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Give me a shout if you see him Cahm...

I havent either :?

My kids will be home in TEN minutes :D

have picked sweetpeas for their bedrooms :)

Love a HAPPY

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Cham

I dont like unsolicited calers much either!

Before this though I would have loved it :(

No hunks there yet been out to check - knowing our luck it'll turn out to be a statue
    :roll:

Love

toni xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Evening all!

Hey, not holding back on the hunks at all! Reckon Cham is hiding them somewhere as not seen them since the "great hunk sale"! The slightly less hunky ones which were left on the shelf are on the way, as we speak, to Lou's ready to chauffeur her wherever she needs to go whilst her car is out of action. Sorry Lou, best I can do at the moment until Cham returns the others!

Toni - You can send Daisy and her new firiend to the garden whilst you are on hols and Cham, Annie and I will make sure they are well looked after. I'm sure Cuddles won't mind some extra cat company.
    Glad your girls are back now - hopefully Lucy's sprouts have re-grown in time so you don't have to admit to eating the first lot! When do you go on hols Toni? Are you going somewhere nice?

Annie - your Tillie cat sounds wonderful - our Zodicat used to be a bit like Tillie - meek and mild as anything until she came within 6 feet of anything she didn't like - specially dogs and foxes. They came off worst every time!

Hope you have all had good weekends.

Love Tilly x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Tilly,

I have had a hunk in the wild bit for quite some time......Its so over grown nobody noticed... except me :lol::lol::lol:

Going to sit on the bench and hope the deer comes... put a cuppa for you there as well. Love and a ((( ))) Cris xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Well chuffed to bits, first dry day we have had in yongs :D
    Lawn mowed, mushrooms (various) dispatched to bin. Dead headed and courgette turned into marrow :roll: Unless your an american then its just a normal English courgette. :D We grow them big here.
    Washing out to boot!!
    Oh and last Wednesday saw my second Roe Deer this year.
    Do'nt know who was more shocked.

Good gardening to all,

Lv, Ix
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Cham

You are not saying you cant go to the docs?? :shock:

You have to and if not then you have to see a good pharmacist :shock:

I do hope vets bill is not too high and that all settles down later.

I AM growing a topiary cat - how did you know??!! :wink:

Keep my share of the hunks - I think you need them :(

Love

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Cham

No had a hectic day and my knees are hurting :roll: Ignore that :wink:

Done 5 loads washing - kids back from their Dad's :roll: and we are off to France weds/thurs :shock: Going to take the ironing to Elna I reckon :wink:

Hope the hunks took Gypsey for you I asked them to...

Hoping you feel better and that you got to the docs??

Love

Toni xx
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Well whos been singing?
    We had our yearly allotement show and it poured it down. We made over the thousend though. :D
    I have been taking our marrows to my book club and they loved em so much, The library coordinator asked one of the assistances to ask me to put them in touch with our allotement commitee.
    The library would like to help do a show. To show what can be done in the community. I have been taken on as volunteer and been asked to help organize it. Im chuffed! :D
    Joanne
  • suncatcher
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Cham

No had a hectic day and my knees are hurting :roll: Ignore that :wink:

Done 5 loads washing - kids back from their Dad's :roll: and we are off to France weds/thurs :shock: Going to take the ironing to Elna I reckon :wink:

Hope the hunks took Gypsey for you I asked them to...

Hoping you feel better and that you got to the docs??

Love

Toni xx
    Enjoy france toni. get a good rest and tan you deserve it. from joanne
    Joanne
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Thanks Joanne

I will :D

Well done for getting on the committee I reckon that IS a compliment :D

Love

Toni xx
  • suncatcher
    Options
    annie_mial wrote:
    Can't see why you can't have nude male models in the garden, the Greeks used to do it all the time. Where did I put Adonis?

Annie

Yes annie i quite agree. Ive just bought a lovely male bust out of a charity shop. He is naked apart from the fig leaf. He is to be put in my garden. I would highly recommend Joan get one :wink:
    Hes done wonders for me. :D
    Joanne