Love

Toni xx

The size of my hubby's marrows impressed them i think. :D
    Joanne
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Suncatcher, We have loads of marrows but I dont now what to do with them.They keep appearing in the kitchen...

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,595
    Options
    suncatcher wrote:
    frogmorton wrote:
    Thanks Joanne

I will :D

Well done for getting on the committee I reckon that IS a compliment :D

Love

Toni xx

The size of my hubby's marrows impressed them i think. :D
    :shock:
  • frogmorton
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    Hi Suncatcher, We have loads of marrows but I dont now what to do with them.They keep appearing in the kitchen...

Elizabeth
    :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Will Miss you too Cham

Hope the solar light looks lovely and that you get enough sun to activate it.

You take care and try to rest today my duckie

Love

toni xx
  • tkachev
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    tkachev wrote:

Elizabeth

Oh you got me there Toni. Never even crossed my mind!!!!

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Morning all!
    Have just discovered that blackfly has its advantages – yes really! Went out to pull up the horribly, covered in blackfly marigolds cos I couldn’t bear it any more but the plants were absolutely covered in ladybirds and hoverflies, who were hoovering up the blackfly. And the chocolate cosmos which was absolutely smothered in both black and whitefly is now almost clear of both! I don’t like to use chemicals in the garden so I am chuffed to bits!

Cris – thanks for the cuppa – hope you enjoyed your sit in the garden the other day and that the deer found you ok...

Ironic, what a productive day you had and a Roe deer? Was it actually in your garden? How wonderful.

Cham, you just hang onto the hunks as long as you need them. So sorry you are feeling so rough. Am thinking of you.

Toni, have a lovely holiday in France – and don’t forget that we are here to look after Daisy-Cat and her new friend while you are away. So don’t worry about her, she’ll be fine.

Joanne – so pleased about the show. No wonder you are chuffed. You hear so many negative things about lack of community etc etc these days so it’s lovely to hear something so positive. Love to know how it goes.

Elizabeth – where do all your marrows keep appearing from? And what are you going to do with them?

Love Tilly x
  • tkachev
    Options
    OH is growing them and he keeps picking them. They are not getting eaten. We have just given 3 away.
    He says he might make pickle but never gets around to these things.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • frogmorton
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    frogmorton wrote:
    tkachev wrote:

Elizabeth

Oh you got me there Toni. Never even crossed my mind!!!!

Elizabeth

:lol::lol::lol:
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Will miss you all very much Tilly :(

Please dead head as you think necessary and Daisy has promised NOt to catch any birds at all :)

LOve

Toni xx
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,529
    Options
    With all the bad weather through July and August my hanging baskets are not looking as nice as they did.
    I might take them down in the next dew days.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    rondetto wrote:
    With all the bad weather through July and August my hanging baskets are not looking as nice as they did.
    I might take them down in the next dew days.
    Somebody has taken mine....in the middle of saturday afternoon :roll: I hope they dead head them.I hope they look after them.. :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    tkachev wrote:

Elizabeth

You can stuff them with mince meat, mushrooms, peppers, tomatos anything bit of spice also.
    Im really impressed good quality and size. :D
    Joanne
  • suncatcher
    Options
    tillytop wrote:
    Morning all!
    Have just discovered that blackfly has its advantages – yes really! Went out to pull up the horribly, covered in blackfly marigolds cos I couldn’t bear it any more but the plants were absolutely covered in ladybirds and hoverflies, who were hoovering up the blackfly. And the chocolate cosmos which was absolutely smothered in both black and whitefly is now almost clear of both! I don’t like to use chemicals in the garden so I am chuffed to bits!

Cris – thanks for the cuppa – hope you enjoyed your sit in the garden the other day and that the deer found you ok...

Ironic, what a productive day you had and a Roe deer? Was it actually in your garden? How wonderful.

Cham, you just hang onto the hunks as long as you need them. So sorry you are feeling so rough. Am thinking of you.

Toni, have a lovely holiday in France – and don’t forget that we are here to look after Daisy-Cat and her new friend while you are away. So don’t worry about her, she’ll be fine.

Joanne – so pleased about the show. No wonder you are chuffed. You hear so many negative things about lack of community etc etc these days so it’s lovely to hear something so positive. Love to know how it goes.

Elizabeth – where do all your marrows keep appearing from? And what are you going to do with them?

Love Tilly x
    Thanks tilly will do.
    Joanne
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Good news on the black fly front Tilly.
    No the Roe deer jumped through a field hedge across the road. Thats the 2nd time I very nearly had a new trophy badge on my car!

Elizabeth, I'm trying to find homes for Marrows too :roll: Not that keen on them myself.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday Toni, might borrow Daisy for slug duties while your away :D

Rain again today :( Toms are still behind, lack of sunshine I think.

Good gardening to all,
    Lv, Ix
  • cebeem
    cebeem Bots Posts: 472
    Options
    We have a log cabin up in the mountains in Wales!
    In memory of my mum I bought a Christmas tree ....the typical straight branched spaced out in layers type ..(know what I mean?)...well we may be selling the cabin, but for sentimental reasons I would like to move the tree!...now about 7 feet tall! any suggestions fellow gardeners?

:idea:

Anyone welcome to go! (to the cabin) good for the bones!!

CB x
  • tkachev
    Options
    Cant help with the tree. What a shame you are selling.Hope its not cos of arthritis.

OH is making chutney/pickle in the kitchen. I am so peased as everything was getting wasted. Im not keen on stuffed marrows to tellthe truth.
    I made homemade soup with our tomatoes today absolutely lovely. And home grown raspberries for pud.

Then watched the 2 spitfires flying over our home( I live near Northolt airport) and giving a little show.
    A really lovely day today!

Barbara so sorry somebody pinched your baskets. Makes you so angry.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • cebeem
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    cebeem wrote:
    We have a log cabin up in the mountains in Wales!
    In memory of my mum I bought a Christmas tree ....the typical straight branched spaced out in layers type ..(know what I mean?)...well we may be selling the cabin, but for sentimental reasons I would like to move the tree!...now about 7 feet tall! any suggestions fellow gardeners?

:idea:

Anyone welcome to go! (to the cabin) good for the bones!!

CB x
    Well CB the answer is to dig a trench around the trunk of the tree, the same width as the widest branch :roll: Dig underneath the tree and wrap the whole ball in sacking. :shock: I suspect that your tree is a Norway Spruce, the most common 'Christmas tree' The tap root in the centre of the tree is very long and they do not transplant easily.

Why not take a number of cuttings instead?

Wow! thanks rehab I'm impressed! how do I take cuttings where from and at what time of year is best...that sounds a better solution! CB
  • cebeem
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    cebeem wrote:
    rehab44 wrote:
    Well CB the answer is to dig a trench around the trunk of the tree, the same width as the widest branch :roll: Dig underneath the tree and wrap the whole ball in sacking. :shock: I suspect that your tree is a Norway Spruce, the most common 'Christmas tree' The tap root in the centre of the tree is very long and they do not transplant easily.

Why not take a number of cuttings instead?

Wow! thanks rehab I'm impressed! how do I take cuttings where from and at what time of year is best...that sounds a better solution! CB
    We are coming up to the start of the season when you can take cuttings from fir trees

My prefered method is heel cuttings,, see link.. in a clay pot, using peat an perlite 4 parts peat to one of perlite. I put about 5 cuttings around the rim of the pot, they seem to root better there, and right down to the lowest branch of the cutting. I then leave them in an unheated greenhouse watering sparingly. I have found that I might get 2 that have rooted by late spring of the following year.
    So take a lot of cuttings.
    Repot them into small pots and keep moving them into larger pots until big enough to plant out
    Patience and luck are the watchwords with this :D
    This link explains it all

http://cru.cahe.wsu.edu/CEPublications/pnw0152/pnw0152.html

Fantastic ! Thank you so much ! :lol: I will get all the stuff together we will be going in about 2 weeks for R & R I will keep you updated with the results! The link is very good too .....think I'm sorted now! I've pondered that little dilemma for ages now! CB X :)
  • cebeem
    Options
    Thank you rehab44

I certainly will that's a lovely idea!!
    *CB*
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Well, we've got enough rain now! Hoping for a couple of dry days so that I can plant out some odds and ends which I have been given.

Picked up some beautiful heathers this morning to start off my winter hanging baskets. Hoping to sort those out this afternoon if it stays dry enough.

Annie
  • suncatcher
    Options
    Any one getting any sun? It was lovely yesturday. Its terrible today here. Hope you are all well. x joanne
    Joanne
  • cebeem
    Options
    babycham wrote:
    cebeem wrote:
    Thank you rehab44

I certainly will that's a lovely idea!!
    *CB*
    Thats a lovely tree CB as well as the memories is it a blue spruce?xxxB/Cham

Hi BC.... rehab thinks it will be a norway spruce! so I believe him he knows his stuff!

beautiful with lots of twinkly lights on .....! (the tree!! not rehab) :D :idea:

*CB*
  • cebeem
    Options
    suncatcher wrote:
    Any one getting any sun? It was lovely yesturday. Its terrible today here. Hope you are all well. x joanne

Hey Suncatcher I will put some in the Karaoke Bar for you take a look!

*CB*
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    babycham wrote:
    Hi Annie lovely your back v/vie p/c prob just got soaked hot bath round two into that garden O/H o today so nice and try what a brilliant idea heathers in hanging basket just bemoaning lack of winter pansies snails always munch the lot but we keep going xxxL/Babycham......Still raining running for shed... :):):)

Cham, look out for the cheapie 'painted' heathers - lots of lovely colours and will make a basket on their own - I'm going to put a bit of ivy or some other greenery in with them.

Most of the big supermarkets will have them, also market stalls etc.
    Annie