at the end of my tether! useless doc.

Options

Comments

• annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Chris, good to see you posting and glad you have a short week at work.

I find those letters very hard too; mine invariably sound like a whinge rather than a definite complaint on first draft and I have to make myself sound emphatic rather than grizzly!

I'm here, too, if you want a chat........PM me and I will reply as soon as I pick it up.

Love
    Annie
    xxx
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Chris, Trish is now out of hospital after a few days spent in ICU having treatment for a severe chest infection.........she has texted asking me specially to say hi to you........she's obviously been thinking of you during the weekend.

Annie
    xxx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I'm glad to see you sound a bit stronger today, although its hard, I know.

Sometimes, a change of painkiller can help as they all work slightly differently and that effects how we react. I know when the Pain Clinic changed my ordinary Tramadol to slow release tramadol, which I only needed to take twice a day, I thought that was just a pointless and wouldn't change things at all. I was wrong!!! :oops: The slow release tablets work by releasing slowly and this means they stay in the system at a level rate instead of a quick up then down. I'm not explaining very well :shock: .

What I am trying to say, is that sometimes we get a pleasent surprise, which is what I hope for you!!!! :D Sorry, I'll stop rambling and just send you a sack full of love :D Love Sue xxxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Boots on their way Lynn :wink: Even polished :lol::lol: xx

hi Chris,

Just dropping you in a ((((( ))))) and a hope for a good night there. love and a filing cabinet with built in bolt cutters...... Cris xxxxx
  • joanne60
    joanne60 Member Posts: 15
    Options
    chris7 wrote:
    Hi all

Not sure where to start here I have never needed to post on here before, but have to get this down further to my post on the helpline recently.

I spent the required 10 minutes as many of us do, pressing redial on the stroke of 8 this morning to try an get an appointment with my doc! Eventually getting her last one available since she was taking the afternoon off.

Already running 40 mins late I eventually get to see her. She didn't listen to a word I said about my recent visit to the Consultant, didn't ask a single question and when I asked, as he had suggested about some painkillers she had produced a prescription for Naproxen and Omeprazole before I had chance to ask her about the anti-depressants I have been taking and whether I should change them. Without a further word I was clearly dismissed.

I was out in 5 mins; less than the time it took me to get the damn appointment in the first place which was made all the worse by the fact that the previous patient had been with her 25 mins. Am I invisible?? It seems she was trying make up time before her next patient in order to get her afternoon off.

I no longer do tears at the surgery or in public since one memorable occasion when I lost it and could not stop, infront of a GP new to me who ended up putting me in a taxi, on my own and at my own expense and sent me to casually where I waited an hour for the duty psychiatrist to see me and send me home. I will never repeat that experience! So not for the first time I did the only sensible thing and left her office this morning and went straight to the Samaritans office for a damn good blub.

I have no idea what she has given me, only that it cost £14.40 I don't have. Add that to the repeat for Ibuprofen I picked up last week and assume I can no longer take I am £20.60 worse off and for what? Although I get working tax credit, I am apparently not entitled to free prescriptions! because I am not disabled.

I am sick of the whole thing and wish I had not bothered going to see her for making me feel much worse than I already do. Why do they do this? I am now sorely tempted to swallow all the bloody pills along with the bottle of wine I have just bought, and save the NHS the cost of the two hip replacements I am told I will need soon. My boss at the factory would get his wish to replace me and everyone would be happy.

Thanks for listening.
    Chris

Chris Have a virtual hug from me.

Your story is repeated over and over one wonders how these doctors justify their salary.

There was a time 3 years ago when I felt like ending things the constant pain in every joint, the muscle weakness that made it difficult to do basic things the whole body pain, tiredness but inability to get refreshing sleep. I remember it all so well.

I actually figured out how I was going to end things but was worried how my two beautiful daughters would react and so hesitated. It just so happened that as well as all my other problems I developed a chest infection and my GP gave me a course of antibiotics, just simple amoxycillin, magically all my symptoms improved, they did little for my chest infection though. The course ended and the symptoms returned. I rang up and managed to get another course because I still had my chest infection!! Once again my arthritis inproved so noticeably.

When I reported this to my GP she wondered if it could be a bacterial infection causing my arthritis and muscle weakness and suggested Lyme Disease. I had attended the surgery at the times of bites, bulls eye rashes, summer flu' and migrating arthralgias all documented on the computer.

I never tested positive but then 50% of cases don't, but I continued to improve month on month and was able to come off steroids with no problems.

After many months of antibiotics I have regained my health and have no pain, disability or arthritis, muscle weakness. Life is a joy and I can garden and cycle again.

I realise not everyone will be as lucky as I was to find the cause of their health problems but one never can tell what is round the corner.

I did find however there is huge controversy over diagnosis and treatment of Lyme Disease and it was only because I was proactive in doing lots of research through www.lymediseaseaction.org.uk that I was able to find my way to good health because there is not one doctor now in the UK working on the NHS who has really got a handle of what is going on with Lyme Disease. There are some who treat privately. Lyme Disease is an emerging disease and the science is still evolving.

So don't give up just yet but if your doctor isn't working for you then find one that does.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello chris7, hope things are brighter today. I see our evangelical friend has posted you - I know you have been around these halls for some considerable while so don't jump to too many hasty conclusions!

Is everything returning to a better perspective? I sincerely hope so, I truly feel for you: the drugs maze is sometimes un-navigable, as if the disease wasn't bad enough, one is then pushed onto the see-saw of good meds, bad meds. Grrrrrrrrr.

Does work help or exacerbate matters? I find it takes my mind off things, which is good, but it can be physically tiring, which isn't. I am fortunate in that being self-employed I can pick and choose what I do - and that is lessening by degrees but at least I can still do something. If I could, I would wave a magic wand and all employers would have a dose of the various types of arthritis, for a fortnight, so that they would have a clearer understanding of what we hardy-types contend with.

Keep you chin up me dear, give the b******s something to aim at - as one of my doctors so memorably told me! Have you researched the pre-payment certificate yet? It is worthwhile.

Thinking of you, will check in later. Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    Hi Chris
    I just joined this site yesterday and have just read your posts on this thread.
    How are you today?
    This is the best place for you to grump and moan so keep doing it - it is better out than in.
    You said you feel guilty about moaning about work when some of us cannot work - don't feel guilty. As my Gran says, "your pain is your pain".
    Please remember that you are not alone. You have the support of everyone on here.
    Arthritis can be an isolating thing so remember to keep posting.
    Have a good day today and keep smiling :lol:
    Carol
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Chris,

Just dropping off a (((((((((( )))))))))) and a hope it was ok today for you. Love Cris xxxx
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Me too, Chris.......one day down, just one more to go. Hang in there, babe.

Annie
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Evening all
    will have a bash here since my last look in. Ironic, Cris, Val, Annie, Lynn, DD, Elizabeth, Toni, Sue, Wonky, Carol and some of you twice bless you. :D

Hanging in there and still looking for some Yorkshire grit Ironic, there must be some in me I have been here long enough. Forgive me I haven't looked elsewhere today too shattered so do hope you are all ok? I did feel a few of you in my pocket today thanks and guess what the boss was almost human :shock: so thanks Lynn and Cris but the boots weren't required thank goodness. Mind you tis a small firm and the MD's wife does the pay so guess who was 2 days short again this month, just when I didn't need that. Will have to wait for end month for it to be sorted. :roll:

Oh DD "does work help or exacerbate?" 10 years ago I had a rewarding professional career of 20 years which I so loved with a passion within a big County Council. Had I still been there I would now have Unions Occ Health, reasonable adjustments, sick pay and possibly early retirement. BUT.......

Well just as the first twinge of Arthritis showed it's face and not for that reason I found myself working for a small family firm in a sweet factory full time to pay the bills. Though I am now down to 3 days a week there, it's standing 8 hours with only a half hour break for lunch which actually does me more harm than good. Once I am moving stopping is a big mistake. Concrete floors, lifting heavy boxes of toffee, jams etc and dragging strapped cases of 144 tins down a metal staircase etc etc.... Well you get the picture and yes the job has made me so much worse so much quicker. No sick pay , no sympathy and definately no reasonabe adjustments possible. But it is what it is, I always knew that and is sometimes all I have. Sorry you asked now I'll bet. :roll:

Thanks for calling in Carol welcome. I have not been posting for a while but used to send hugs and support when I could often never really knowing if they made much of a difference. I have learned a valuable lesson here recently and can assure you that they really do give strength and courage so do keep well and keep posting if you can.

Thanks again all, good weather tomorrow for your foal watching I think Cris. :D I will find a bit more grit tomorrow. :D Take care all. Thanks for all your friendship, hugs and kindness.
    Hugs to you all (((( ))))
    Chris xxx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    hi dear chris....
    I've just read back what you have been going through my lovely and am sending you my love and a huge bear (HUG).
    You have been going through such a stressful time with work, doc and other things that of late have overwhelmed and pulled you down...but I know too that you have great inner strength and fortitude and will come through this....bit by bit and with the support of all of us who care about you. x

I am so glad you have felt able to share how you feel with your friends on the forum.....we are here for you just as you have so often been there for lots of us. Many (me included) have benefited from your compassion and caring;
    having read all the lovely supportive responses to your thread from your forum friends....you can see that you are much loved and valued.

I can't add anyhting to the sound advice you've had from others here..... bless them. x but I can add my love and support....

take care lovely and keep posting.

Iris x
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi there Chris,

I can understand about the heavy work. My friend worked on the market and had to carry boxes down to the underground storage area. Her arms, back and shoulders are really kn.....ked now. She works for one of the nationwide convience stores now but still has to lift etc. Shes not supposed to but us girls cannot wait til someone volunteers :roll:

Not so good about the short pay though.

Your doing well and have made a good start. You will find your Grit :wink: Take that as a compliment as I am a Lancashire Lass.

Here's a red rose just to rub it in!!! 068.gif

Lots of Love, Ix
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Yes, you will find your strength and stamina.........they will appear again, take it from me.

In the meantime, rest, rest as much as possible, forget the housework apart from the basics.............you need you time, the dust will wait.

Lots of love from me
    Annie
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Good God Almighty woman, how the hell do you stand for eight hours? Two minutes finishes me off. Are you not allowed a seat of any sort, even a perching stool? That's inhumane. They know you have health issues and that you're not faking it. My blood is boiling. Grrrrrrrrrrr. I have spoken elsewhere about my arthritis wand and I am waving it like fury now, it's time your employers had a dose of it so they know what it's like.

How about doing a course in proof-reading or summat? At least you could do that at home and sitting down! I'm glad you posted last night, it's good to know that you are coping (if only just about). Again, I re-iterate, we're here. Use us. Thinking of you. Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    Hello Chris
    Hope you are having a better day today.

I am sending you some Scottish Grit until you find your Yorkshire Grit and please find some rest.

Keep smiling :lol:
    Thinking positive thoughts for you.
    Carol
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    So good to see you posting Chrissie, and to hear that you are trying to fight back.

You have suffered so much loss though, that you need lots of soft time, to grieve, and accept all that has happened - and is still happening - in your life.

The sun will shine again, my love.....I promise......Ange...HM.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    I wish you well, Chris, you know where I am :wink: to stick by you during the good, not so good and bad times. :)

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    chris we are here for you sending hugs and positive thoughts val
    val
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,940
    Options
    Hi Chris.
    how are you getting on we all care about you
    and i hope you are feeling ok.
    take care thinking of you.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    hello Chris,

hope you have had a better day today.......x.

love and (((HUGS)))

Iris x
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Chris,

Hope today wasn't too hard for you and have piked up my boots now. Leaving you a ((((( ))))) and now a bit of peace for a couple of days. Love Cris xxx
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    Hi Chris Just sending you my love and ((((((((hugs))))))))

Julie xx
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Enjoy your weekend, Chris. Thinking of you.
    (((((((((()))))))))))

Annie
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi chris sending hugs just in case you need them and positive thoughts val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    Options