at the end of my tether! useless doc.

Options

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Chris - sorry come rather late into this post but just wanted to add my best wishes along with all the others. I think it's Thursday today so, if I've understood your earlier post, by now you will have completed your working week at the factory and will be able to get some much needed rest from the physical demands of your work. And I'm really glad you enjoy your bookshop working day - I've always thought I would like to work in a bookshop - I'd live in a bookshop if I could I think! Hope you have found some of that grit you were looking for - I have bags of the stuff in my garden which I could send to you but don't think it's the right sort!!! Thinking of you. Love Tilly xxx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Dear all

Iris, Ironic, Annie, DD, Carol, Ange, Elna, Val, Joan, Cris, Julie, Tilly. (and Trish for all your thoughts I know you have been sending)

Sorry didn't get in yesterday was bit of a blank and couldn't trust myself to post but thanks for all the support.

Iris :D so lovely to see you posting love and am so sending you the gentlest bear hug back. I am following your posts and do hope the nerves are holding and that you are soon recovering well. ((( )))

Ironic you made me laugh, I was going to send a white rose but I tell you a secret and keep this quiet. I was born a Southerner :shock: Newmarket, Cambridge. Mind you having been here more than half my life do feel entitled to say ee by gum! and claim some Yorkshire grit now.

Carol and a bit of that hardy Scottish grit most welcome too bless you.

Ange, Elna the fight back is on thanks and we have sun today and no toffee in sight :D so am getting there.

DD are you psychic? :shock: I did consider a proof reading course some time ago but so expensive and I do need the company at some sort of work so didn't pursue it.

Joan hope the hip less painful now and that today is a good one for you.

Cris take care there. Hope the next new mum hangs on a little while since you have more than enough to do. Tis Fairing season again and some gone to Lizard yesterday. :D

Hi Tilly nice to meet you, do love the bookshop but sadly the pay even worse than the factory so can't consider more days there and they don't allow much, if any leave over Christmas which I do so need to see my family.

My apologies to the person who sent a pm on the 28th May which I have only just realised I never opened until today. It got lost with others so do hope you don't think I was ignoring you. :oops:

A week on from meltdown :? and I already feel lot better so thank you ALL so much for the continued support here, hugs and grit.
    I am ashamed to say I have not been awake long and missed breakfast and lunch. So am now going to do two nice things for me.
    Firstly a slowish walk up the high street in the sun to a local cafe for a yummy bacon butty (sorry Cris) and secondly am going to buy a few more stickers for my World Cup sticker book. :lol: Don't let me down boys!!

Take care all, many thanks for being there.
    Chris xxxx xxxx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    chris7 wrote:
    So am now going to do two nice things for me.
    Firstly a slowish walk up the high street in the sun to a local cafe for a yummy bacon butty (sorry Cris) and secondly am going to buy a few more stickers for my World Cup sticker book. :lol: Don't let me down boys!!Chris xxxx xxxx

Aw, dear Chris, so pleased you are feeling somewhat better from a week ago. You enjoy that late brunch :) 8) and buying more stickers. :D Good for you for doing something for YOU. The sun is glorious today. Enjoy. :)

Love and hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    Hi Chris I'm glad to hear you're starting to feel a bit better, I too am a yorkshire lass, well I was born in yorkshire and have lived in yorkshire all my life but my mum is Scottish :? so who knows what that makes me. Don't forget my bacon butti :wink:

Love Julie xx
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hi Chris - thanks - nice to meet you too and so glad you are starting to feel more positive. Hope you enjoyed your bacon butty! Shame the bookshop isn't an option for more work for you but, as you say, at least you get to enjoy work - and use your brain - for one day each week.
    Love Tilly x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Hi Chris

GOOD to see you :D

but you knwo that dont you :D

World cup sticker book? WORLD CUP STICKER BOOK??????

well you ARE feeling better.

Order some veggie bacon ones for the like of Cris (and me too :wink:)

Love and hUGE hugs

Toni xx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Enlighten me.....what the h*ll is a world cup sticker book? Do you win a prize for it? I know vaguely that it's something to do with football, but that is as incomprehensible to me as tennis.

Annie
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I'm so glad that you sound so much more positive today. It's great what a rest can do when things are just too much for you.

Your employers sound as if they come straight out of Dickens, surely in this day and age they have obligations to you and any staff they employ, come to that.

Have a good weekend, I hope the sun keeps shinning and the weather stays nice and warm! :wink:
    Lots of love and hugs, Sue xxxx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Chris, just offering my cyber-support and (((HUGS)))

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Chris :D

soooo glad to read your post.....hope you enjoyed your walk in the sunshine today and that bacon butty was as good as it sounded. :wink:

one day at a time lovely....so if you can't post every day don't worry we will still be thinking about you and sending you lots of positive thoughts, love and support.

you are one special lady!!

Iris x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Chris,

Really pleased to see you say your feeling a little better and just would like to echo Iris as well. Leaving you a non meat bacon and egg sarnie :wink: and some cream for your ferrings..... you know I shall have to get some cus as I remember they are really nice...... but I haven't had any since I was a kid ....... wonder if they are still as good :lol:

Leaving you a ((((( ))))) and a hope you have another decent day tomorrow and well you got my boots back to you for Monday. Love Cris xxx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI Chris,

well it is good to hear that you had a lovely lie in :D cos it will ahve done you good. I hope the bacon buttie was as good as it sounded ..... wish I had one here right now :wink:

Sometimes it takes something big to force us into taking a different direction in life, one that we hadn't thought would work, and had previously discounted. Somehow it can turn out to be a breakthrough rather than a let-dwon. Keep looking and thinking and I hope that there will be something out there that calls to you and brings the chance & change that you are looking for .

huge great big soft wonky hugs (((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))
    and I will pretend I didn't read that bit about you not being born in Yorkshire :wink::lol::lol:

loads of hugs
    WOnky xxxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Nothing wrong with Newmarket, it's sort of in my neck of the woods! The Husband has refused to put up the WC wall chart I bought him, he is feeling very pessimistic about the whole thing regarding our chances. He reckons an African team might win, and I think he could be onto something.

I am so pleased to hear you are felling a little brighter. I missed your post yesterday, I was having an off day but that isn't really a valid excuse here, is it? Most days, for most of us, are off days! It's going to be a lovely day here today, so I am going to sit in the sun later and soak up some vitamin D. Every little helps, according to a certain Mr Tesco.

I forgot the financial aspect of proof-reading, but I do, occasionally, have a good idea or two. There must a better sort of job for you somewhere, sweet girl. I'll ponder.

Wishing you a good day today. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Hi Chris

how's it going??

You doing ok today?

Another sunny one and Daisy kitten send her love.

Maybe i will try to video her drinking water out of the water butt tap?? It IS cute.....mmmmm

will give it a go :wink:

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Chris,

I am late and all over the place so please forgive me.

Leaving you a heap of ((( )))'s and a hope it was a god day for you? me well..... I lost my little girls an the demon foal for a coup of weeks and miss her already....... still making inroads to the feral mare :D

You hang in there and know what ever i's doing and how ever slow I am in posting to you today been thinking of you so much and hoping you are enjoying a bit of peace and quiet and recharging your self. Another ((((( ))))) and so many hopes. love Cris xxx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    A week on from meltdown and I already feel lot better so thank you ALL so much for the continued support here, hugs and grit.
    I am ashamed to say I have not been awake long and missed breakfast and lunch. So am now going to do two nice things for me.
    Firstly a slowish walk up the high street in the sun to a local cafe for a yummy bacon butty (sorry Cris) and secondly am going to buy a few more stickers for my World Cup sticker book. Don't let me down boys!!

Hi Chris, things are sounding more positive. I hope they continue to improve for you. Take it steady.

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Chris,
    Hope you had a descent weekend. Did you get the storms?

OMG your from New k030.gif Market???
    You have been abducted by the Oh sorry adopted by the Yorkies.
    Lots hugs, thinking of you.

Lv, Ix
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Cris my lovely
    Has you know I have been away on hols,so I am just catching up, I have sent you a pm,please dont think you have to answer.
    All I wanted to know is that you where feeling stronger and to send you loads of hugs (((((((()))))) just wish I could give them for real,you take care,and rest whenever you can without feeling guilty,says me .
    Lots of love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Dear, Elna, Julie, Tilly, Toni, Annie, Sue, Speedy, Iris, Cris, Lynn, Wonky, DD, Ironic, Barbara ( and Trish ((((God Bless ))))) if you are able to peek in)

Thank you again for all these lovely wishes and support.
    Sorry I haven't been in for a bit. Was at work at the shop today and fell asleep when I got home so only just having a peek in. :oops:

Cris, sorry the sale not so good today, do hope you are hanging in there with the poorly eyes and all. (((( )))). Has poured with rain here all day. Good luck with the feral mare, and I am just picking up your boots incase I need them tomorrow.

Sue yes the factory tomorrow is a bit like the workhouse, but I do want to hang on there as long as I can. Take care of yourself at the mo please.

Iris, you won't see this now but sending so many hugs and best wishes for tomorrow. (((((( )))))) You will be so much missed and I do hope you have a quick recovery and can post again soon.

Speedy still looking in a following your posts, so glad you doing ok there.

Lynnie, ta for keeping in touch, hope you are hanging in there and finding some peace, and don't hate me but I love my football. Hope you aren't too shocked and disappointed.

Toni, hope the neck a little better now. The sticker book filling up now though the local shopkeeper thinks I am buying them for some kiddies and I haven't had the heart to tell her they are for ME :? Got me England shirt ready. Sorry Tilly. no offence to you up there in Bonnie Scotland. But DD is right we English live in hope rather than expectation as usual. :?

Ironic, am lovin the racehorse if only we could move that fast. :lol:

DD nowt wrong with Suffolk I still have relatives in Lidgate and Bury just wish it was a bit nearer the lovely Yorkshire. Train travel is almost beyond me now. take care you not too good at the mo I see.

Wonky bless you for that lovely message here, I think you may be right and will hang onto that thought.

Barbara, glad you had a good hol, I've sent you a pm love.
    Elna keep the cheerful thread going there. Julie hope you feeling better soon, you having a rough time again I see.

Do hope I haven't forgotten any of you lovely people. I'm sorry not to have called in before now. My three days at the factory Mon to Wed so may not be in a fit state to call in for a bit, still so shattered here but am getting my head straight and am so grateful for all the support and do hope you are all coping. ((((( ))))

Take care, many thanks ((( )))
    Chris xxxxxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thinking of you. DD
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Chris,

:( Keep on, keeping on, my lovely. you are doing well. Little steps in the right direction. Lola loves stickers, any stickers. :D 8). Have to watch her though, they go in her sticker book, but you find them other places too. :D

Chin up :)

Love and hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Chris,

I hope today went ok? The boots were cleaned up, even the soles but left a bit on the toes in case you had to use them.... he deserves that! :wink: With steel in the toes and the heels oh and through the sloe in part it really doesn't matter which bi you hit him with :lol::lol::lol: I do hope it was an ok day and well if you have any strawberry shortcakes....... sorry shouldn't beg :lol:

Its good your feeling a bit better and we will all come and pull our very best scary faces at your boss if needed, believe me I have a very scary one I can use. ((((( ))))) and love Cris xxx
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    I`m so proud of you my lovely Chrissie. You show `em girl. 081.gif

Enjoy the footie. My "Boys" have their birthdays all tied in with the World Cup, so will be off the radar for a while. My daughters-in-law and I, just fade into the background. I want to win the lottery, so I can buy L.F.C for them!!.......Then, if I could just tempt Mourinho to come and manage, I might start going meself!..........Much love......Ange.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Ah, Mourinho. Huminahuminahumina. DD
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Chris,

Didnt realise you love footie too! Well have to have a chat on fb about it all. I might have probs watching some matches as you know my autistic son HATES TV and screams the house down so whether I will be able to sneak out and watch some matches I dont know!
    You and I both had probs with exes and cats I remember you posting in reply to me. I darent ask if Marco is still alive but he must be 16 now. My girls would know but prob wouldnt want to tell me if he passed away. I would be a wreck (so Cris I know how awful you feel losing your Milo. Wish i could come and give you a hug).

The pain from arthritis is all consuming. Like DD said its hard enough to stand for 2 mins.You sound as if you are currently trapped-no work no pay.Do you get DLA?I know that helps a lot of peeps although the process can be another toll on your health.

Dear Chris, if the footie proves a distraction from all the pain and upset then that will be a great help. As long as we dont get knocked out too early!Hope i am not giving the kiss of death!!!

Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein