at the end of my tether! useless doc.

Options

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Skinny jeans. You glamour puss, you.

WELL DONE. You did good, girl, thought you would. At least they have recognised the arthritis, upped the happy pills, and are trying to do something about the rest. Now rest, re-group, swig a nice drop of red for a treat, you deserve it.

Well done, chris7, it is never easy tackling doctors, it does take a deal of courage - but we know you have that in spades. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    I am so relieved to read your post Chrissie. I can see why you might be a little unsure, but it sounds to me like you covered all the necessary bases for now. Brave girl.

With regards to taking the meds as a matter of course, this seems to be the thinking nowadays. When I was in hospital, following my TKR, the sister with her trolley used to say "Any pain Angeline - you got yer full title! - to which I replied, quite honestly...."No". She then proceeded to give me the full amount of painkillers regardless. Eventually I asked her why that was, when I said I had no pain. She said "Because we want it to stay that way". OK lady, you`re the boss!

So, take you`re meds like a good girl, and, with the increase in anti-D`s, you may find that you won`t need any further help. Let`s see how you go.........Much love........Ange.
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Oh Chris, well done.

I bet no one else has complained as too intimitidated to do so, hope your notes are read by the very person they are about - might make them think a bit. They should be the one :oops: :!:

Although being told you have severe arthritis in your hips isn't great news - it does mean you now can get the treatment you need - so in preparation for the future ... I thought I'd send you a pair of TEDS ... (only worn a few times, by the previous owner...)

Give the increase in meds a go, and if the pain breaks through unbearably again ... you have the grounds to go back and as for a review ... lots more meds to try!!

Well done again, this should lower your stress levels, and inturn if you are anything like me - your pain will lessen a notch too.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Options
    Hiya Chris, glad to hear that's now over and nearly all of your queries were answered - perhaps some of your assertiveness will brush off on me!

Also pleased to hear you no longer have to fight the lions...sorry, receptionists in future - they can be tough as boots sometimes!

Hope the meds adjustment does the trick.

Lois x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Aw Chris, you did really well. The gp you saw last time was rubbish and I sincerely hope that your letter is read by the person concerned. They badly need a wake up call. I am sure you were diplomatic in the letter, but got the message across, loud and clear. I am so relieved that you got a much better reception this time, even if it was not all, what you wished to hear, but best to know, isn't it, my lovely?

We are proud of you Chris and you should be proud of yourself too. :)

Lots of love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Chris,

You did so well and I am so proud f you for standing up to them and asking for help. Something I failed to do for 12 years:oops:

Sounds a bit more promising and if it doesn't sort out the pain I wonder can you phone the consultant and ask his advise re pain relief? I know what endless pain does and its not nice is it?!

Leaving you some real cream and non of the runny stuff you lot have :wink: and some saffron with a bit f hevva, get your self a ferring cus as I remember they are really good with cream :D You know before long I will have t buy a box :wink:

You take the tablets as suggested and I so hope it helps flower. When you go in October (I think) we will all be in the pocket again so please make a bit more room as them jeans were a bit tight with us all in there :wink: Love and a ((( ))) as well as a huge skip load of hopes Cris xxx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Chris well done you. At least you have got somethings sorted.
    Hope you manage a better nights sleep tonight and your weekend is a more peaceful one.
    Give your self a well earned pat on the back. :) and hugs from me.

A trip to Sunny Lancashire on the cards for September then. Don’t forget your passport!
    We’re due for a dawn raid into Skipton soon; perhaps we could set up a diversion at the border control and get you out sooner. :lol::lol:
    You will have to visit the World famous Bury Market and try some award winning Black puddings. Wouldn’t go near them myself far to squeamish. :wink:

Lv, Ix
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    ironic wrote:
    Hi Chris well done you. At least you have got somethings sorted.
    Hope you manage a better nights sleep tonight and your weekend is a more peaceful one.
    Give your self a well earned pat on the back. :) and hugs from me.

A trip to Sunny Lancashire on the cards for September then. Don’t forget your passport!
    We’re due for a dawn raid into Skipton soon; perhaps we could set up a diversion at the border control and get you out sooner. :lol::lol:
    You will have to visit the World famous Bury Market and try some award winning Black puddings. Wouldn’t go near them myself far to squeamish. :wink:

Shame on you I. We`ve travelled miles - well from St Helens! - to buy the famous Bury black puds! Delish on a rosti, with peppercorn sauce.

I was in Skipton two weeks ago. Try the man with the big meat van there, in the market........Ange.
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    Hi Chris I'm so glad you went back to your docters and got 4 out of 5 sorted, sending you lots of ((((((((((hugs))))))))))

Love Julie xx
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Chris, good on you, girl.........to get 4 out of 5 sorted is a great step forward, I bet it makes you feel a whole lot better.

Have a wonderful weekend, I know you will be watching all the footie - enjoy!

Annie
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Thank again all

Sorry fell asleep, just got back for a peek. You are right I will give the paracetomol et. al. a go and hope for better days.

Toni, Ok I best not wear the skinny jeans next time. :roll:
    Ange I hope you are right thanks. ps. Nah the Skipton pork pie shop is best yum. :D I am drooling now.
    DD hope you survived in M.A.S.H. sounded scarey. :shock:
    Elna ooer hope the dentist a distant memory.
    Ironic, I need a passport EEK :shock:
    Speedy I'll pass on the TEDS please. :?
    Lois, sending some assertiveness your way. Hope it helps.
    Cris, so glad the sheep done, well done. Be very very pleased :D
    Julie, sorry you having such a rough time, hang in there love.
    Annie, I am so gutted I am WORKING Sunday. :x Why oh why did the USA have to score that late goal we would have had a Saturday match? Just my luck eh!. The shop will be dead so I shall have to accidentally retune the radio perhaps! :lol:

Hope you all having a goodish evening. Many thanks again.

Chris xxxx (who hasn't a clue how many this is, or what it means :? )
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Chris, glad you got some zzzz in today. Bet you feel better for it.
    Oh thats a tough call missing the Sunday match :( Not good at all.
    Well I suppose the radio is better that nothing. :roll:

Well looks as if Skipton has some more fans... Pie shop mmmm will have to do some reseach on that.

Lv, Ix
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I went to Skipton once or twice, many moons ago. Lovely place, there was a really good cafe down by the boats. The Husband bought me some walking boots from the Hawkeshead shop. Is it still there? Haven't seen any ads for them for a long while. DD
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Hi Chris, hope you are having a good day, what a bummer missing tomorrow's match..........maybe they'd let me work in your place? I was a librarian once....................

Annie
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Eng-er-lund, Eng-er-lund, Eng-er-lund, etc etc etc. We're off to Colchester for Sunday lunch with friends followed by you-know-what. I hope you can hear it on the radio - but I'm not that optimistic. We do bunch our panties over playing Chermany, don't we? They don't care in the slightest about playing us: I think their pantie-bunching lot are Holland, but I could be wrong about that.

I sincerely hope you have a good day today - don't work too hard, but I doubt you'll be too busy! DD
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Chris,

Hope work goes ok and you have access to a radio. Leaving you a hope, a ((((( ))))) and cream with hevva. Cris xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    Yep Chris

Hope work is not too bad for you chick :wink:

Eng-er-land!!!!!

Like DDs analogy of pantie-bunching :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Chris, hope work flies by and that get to follow the match somehow.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Hope you have a good day Chris..

Best wishes

Mmarion
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Chris so sorry only just seen this. Severe arthritis in both hips. Lordy. I have had severe arthritis in one hip and absolutely hoffific. walking, sleeping, sitting, getting in and out of bed was all affected like a knife stabbing me.Hence the replacement last year which made a big difference.

So what if he hasnt had complaints against your doc before. There is always a first time and peeps who arent as ill as you probably ignore it or moan to the family. I am glad you made a complaint.

Looks like i will be watching the match alone at home after all. OH taken son out and i cant get to the pub alone.
    Regards
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello chris7. Have you recovered from the horrors of Sunday? And how are the hips? DD
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI Chris,

sorry this is rather a belated :oops: :oops: :oops: well done for the doctors appointment :D I think you did VERY well :wink: proud of you!

thinking of you and hoping that the full dose of pain meds helps you out like it has for me.

huge hugs
    WOnky xxxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello chris7, I hope things are OK with you today. DD
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Chris,

Just dropping in some ((( )))'s and hope the new tablet routine is helping? Love and another ((( ))) Cris xxx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Chris :D

so sorry to have taken so long to post on your thread :oops: been awol and just trying to do a little bit of catch up when I can.

I am glad you've taken action nd seen a different doc...so what if the useless doc reads it? maybe will think about attitude now :P

Hope you now get the support and meds you need to give you some ease from arther though paracetamol doesn't seem to me sufficient for 2 severe hips. :roll: or am, I missing something?

so glad to see you posting :D:D keep on :wink::wink:

love n hugs,

Irisxx