at the end of my tether! useless doc.

Options

Comments

• carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Chris

Just checking in! If I remember rightly, it is mon, tue and weds that you work? Sending you positive thoughts that you get on ok and then promise that you will just rest afterwards. Forget the housework etc :lol:

Many hugs and positive thoughts to you.

Keep smiling :lol:
    Carol
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    Hey

had a thought.....

wonder if anyone else has a sticker book - then you can do swapsies :D

You enjoy it girl :D

LOve

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Just bumping this up as chris7 is again in a state of uncertainty re her work (not what she needs!) Thinking of you, and yes, I know it's a silly thing to say but please try not to fret too much - you can slap my wrist now. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Dear all

Thanks again for all the earlier support, hugs and advise here. Most appreciated at the moment. You will never know just how much.

I have an appointment with a different doc tomorrow, one of the senior partners as I now need new prescriptions for the new meds which seem to be helping though I do need some stronger painkillers at times and have so many other questions I really need answers to.

I have taken the advise and written something out as I honestly don't trust myself to speak rationally in the 10 minutes I will be allowed, and will have to go on my own. We won't be able to deal with it all in view of the stupid, one appointment one problem rule, but at least he will have it in writing and I hope to make a start.

Wish me luck.

Thank you again for all the support both here and elsewhere. My sincere apologies for not being able to offer support at the moment as I would normally have done. I do look in everyday and hope you are all coping with the slings and arrows as best you can.

much love and thanks to you all ((( )))
    Chris xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi CHRIS :D:D:D

Good to see you.

I think your plan of campaign is a good one :)

Putting it in writing makes it far more efficiant.

I will be there with you and poking the doc in the back to support you.

We do understand taht at the mo you are not in any way 100% yourself.

Please take care and let us knwo how you get on.

Love

Toni xx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Indeedy, Chris..........it all sounds very sensible to me, hope you get some decent results from it. I will be with you too, got a pocket I can ride in? I once handed over my written notes to the Rheumy and then burst into tears........not sure which helped the most, but I certainly got some answers that time.

I'm sure there will be a lot of us on here hoping for a good outcome for you.

Annie
    xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Good luck, we'll be with you in spirit. Hope it goes well. Please let us know the outcome! DD
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Chris,

Room for a little 'un in your pocket :wink: Mind you, somebody had smelly feet last time!! :lol:

Was it a certain person who cant get in the bath at the mo??

Or maybe it was ma brie butty again :( :oops:

Sorry :(

Toni xx
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Options
    Hiya Chris,

How on earth did I manage to miss this post - it's only 8 pages long!

Good luck with the doc appointment - hope you remembered your notes (from someone who's good at writing notes but even better at leaving them at home!).

Might be visiting your neck of the woods in the summer as my cousins both live in Newmarket.

Take care,

Lois x
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Hi Chris

Just a quick message to say hope all goes Ok with your appointment tomorrow.. let us know how you get on.

Best wishes

Marion
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Good luck for tomorrow Chris. And well done you for getting everything down in writing.

hope you are enjoying the footie. Did you manage to get all the stickers? Even Hubby got home early enough to see that half hour of the match.

Will Be thinking of you.

068.gif

:wink::wink:

Lv, Ix
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI Chris,

another one for your pocket tomorrow ( and NO it wasn't me with the smelly feet last time :roll: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: )

What a great idea to write it all down and take it with you (please remember to take it :wink: ) as it has to go into your medical records then, as I found out when I realised all my little notes to my GP were in my file :shock: :wink:

good luck & don't be fobbed off .... we will be out of your pocket like a shot if you need us to clobber him :wink:

loads of wonky hugs
    Wonky xxxxxx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Good luck Chris, go armed with your list ... Not all the docs at the practise can be horrid - so with a bit of luck this time it will be a better experience.

Speedy

PS good job our docs haven't heard of the one problem, one appointment rule - I don't go often but when I do I tackle a multitude of problems in one fell swoop ...
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Chris

All the very best for tomorrow. Take deep breaths. I am sure all will be well. Do let us know the outcome.

We will be behind you in spirit. Remember that. You will not be on your own. You are an important person so hold your head up high when you enter the room. You will have your letter with you. The gp should be there to listen, if not, give him the letter.

I will be thinking of you,

Love
    Elna x(())
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    Options
    I can only echo what Elna has said.

All the very best for your appointment,

Jean and the forum team
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Chris,

I am sorry I am so late flower but really hoping it goes well for you and will be in your pocket as well.

I know abut bad doctors (12 years worth) ad so hope you have found a good one this time, it makes a huge difference. A (((((((((( )))))))))) and I hope we are no weighing your pockets down too much?

You will be fine, go in and give them what you have written down I think. Stay calm and well hopefully this doc will help you and more important be kind to you cus that's whats so good about my new doctors.... they are kind!

All the luck I can find (and its a skip load) and Velcro seems to want to add her love cus she keeps getting on the key bored. Love t the boys :wink: and another ((( ))) eve though I am probably too late here tonight. Love Cris xxxx
  • chris7
    Options
    :D:D Thanks again to you ALL, sorry too many to mention you all at this hour.

Been too tearful and shattered today to get back earlier but overwhelmed again at these good wishes. You have made me smile too, In my current fog I forgot the pocket thing and that it is so helpful. :lol:

List in bag, alarm clock set, (have to be up early for the rush hour bus which takes forever! :roll: ) several deep pockets ready and cleaned out of dusty sweets to make room. I have seen this guy once before I think and unlike my doc, he looks old enough to be qualified and has never told me "I have a little bit of arthritis, so I am armed with your good wishes, presence in pockets and hopeful.

Hope you all sleeping well, I need you alert at 8.50 tomorrow if you can manage it. :?

Thanks again. I will let you know how it goes.

Chris xxx
  • skezier
    Options
    See you at 8.45 Chris and it will be fine flower. Just stay calm and I still think give them what you have written don so you know they know whats happening and how much pain you have.

God luck and sending a ((((( ))))) and might just bring a hammock into you pocket tonight so you know I shall be there.

Try and get some sleep and we will be with you. Love and another ((( ))) Cris and apparently Velcro xxx
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Chris

Good luck for today, will be in your pocket with Cris.

Also we have the rope around your waist, so don't forget two tugs on the rope you will be out.

I will also be holding your hand. like you used to do with me and I hope you will feel me holding it.

Let us know how you get on.

Love Trish xxxxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Chris
    Good luck for today my love, I will be thinking off you,like Elna says we will be there in spirit.
    Dont forget your list like I always do.
    Lots of hugs ((((((())))))and love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Chris,

Reporting for pocket duties and will be thinking of you. ((((( ))))) love Cris and still Velcro xxxx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    I'm right behind Cris, reporting for duties, hope Cris hasn't brought Miss Stampy with her.

Annie
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thinking of you. DD
  • chris7
    Options
    Hi :D
    Toni, Annie, Lynn, DD, Lois, Marion, Ironic, Wonky, Speedy, Elna, Jean, Cris, Trish, Barbara..... and breathe. Phew.

Well pocket dwellers can jump out now thanks, hope you didn't suffocate there were a few of you there bless you. I forgot I had me skinny jeans on so there wasn't alot of room for you all. No brie crumbs Lynn so thanks Toni. :lol:

Not yet sure how it went in truth but some progress I think! :?

I did just hand over the letter to begin with as couldn't speak inspite of Toni, prodding me in the back and Trish holding my hand.
    He didn't like my disappointment with the useless doc, saying no one else had complained which wasn't a good start. Wonky I forgot they will keep that on file so she will see it. :oops:

Anyway he has still not given me different painkillers but had doubled the dose of Naproxen and told me off for not taking the paracetomol at full dose daily. Feel a bit confused as don't need it or take it every day and seems silly to take it regardless but he insists these two items will stop the odd and thankfully rare bouts of agony from starting so he says! We will see.

Has upped the anti-depressants too which I kinda knew was coming so no prob there. :?
    He did enlighten me as to the Consultants report and I was strangely relieved that my "little bit of arthritis"! has now been officially recognised and upgraded to "severe arthritis in BOTH hips"
    Feel a bit justified for having a whinge at least. Though thankfully he confirmed the Consultant won't steal me crumbly hips till I beg! I see OS again in November.
    Keep posting speedy, marion, denpen, hileena and others please I am devouring your posts in preparation. (so sorry re the TEDS speedy :( )

He did actually check my BP rather than seeing my 8 stone and saying your BP will be fine as they usually do. :roll: Still on the high side but says not quite enough to worry about yet.

Anyway we covered 4 of my 5 queries, so am more than happy and relieved with that. He has made a further appointment for a month so I don't have to fight the receptionists to see how things are going, another bonus.
    Sorry Ange if you look in the 5th query more complicated and he didn't even refer to it as I suspect will want to consult with the useless doc first. Do hope it is not forgotten and I can find the courage to mention it next time as the box lids still flying off in all directions here. :cry:

So all in all went well. Must confess I was relieved and so grateful I had you all in the waiting room and Bracken was waiting to bounce me if I had tried to bolt. Glad he on his feet now Cris. :D I was still awake too when the birds kicked off this morning, do hope you can catch up a bit today. You too Trish ((( )))

Sorry Lois, yes 8 pages and counting a tad long, I should have started another thread. :oops: DD so sorry re the 26th far too long and hope the M.A.S.H unit can help in the meantime. Ironic, I still have a cousin in Bury and wedding to get to in Sept. if I can still manage the trains then. Hope you still enjoying the new car.

Thanks again everyone, hope you are having as good a day as you can. love and hugs to you all. ((((( )))))
    Chris xxxxxx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    PHEW!!!!!

read that wothout taking a breath :shock: :shock: :shock:

Think the girl dun good :D

'severe' - they dont say that very often do they?

Meds upped further appointment made.

I would say all in all you did a good job there - you should be pleased with yourself. :D:D

Now i guess you do what you've been told, give it the month and reveiw any progress at all??

Those skinny jeans were a bit tight though.......

maybe you nee a size 8 now not a six bird! :wink:

So pleased you got so far in one apt.

You take care

Love

Toni xx