Options
123457»

Comments

• chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Dear all, thanks again

So sorry this has not been a great few days. Been really struggling at work in this heat and rarely made it out of bed with my first day off today. :oops: Nothing new there then!! I get to work cos I feel I have too but always go wallop when I am at home so apologies for not sending hugs elsewhere.

DD thanks love, do hope you have a good holiday and manage to get an internet connection. I am on 3 mobile as was told they had the best reception here and it is generally ok. I know they not great though and it does depend where you are going. Do hope you enjoy the change of scene.

Iris lovely to see you, :D I am keeping up with you and so glad you are making progress there. Hope tomorrow is a good one for you. You make a good point Iris, I think my docs practice don't really rate arthritis, we are supposed to be made of stern stuff here. I only got to see the Consultant cos my nice lady physio who has now discharged me as a hopeless case was able to refer me. I doubt the docs ever would have done. :roll:

Sorry forgot to note names but I know Marion, Ironic, Annie, Toni Speedy, Elizabeth Cris, Lynn and Wonky have called in recently. So sorry if I have forgotten anyone. Bless you all for remembering me.

The doc put my AD's up a fair whack and I am not sure they are helping yet so bear with me please. I am getting a bit more determined to get some help and am ready for the next doc appointment with more questions and demands ( did I say that? goodness this forum has taught me alot) so will let you know.

Thanks again lovely people. Take care of yourselves. ((( )))
    Chris xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    How lovely to hear from you! I think the heat is getting to everyone - I dunno, us Brits are never satisfied with the weather, are we?

A clean England joke: What's the difference between the England team and a T bag? The T bag stays in the cup longer! Boom-boom! DD (I also have a dirty England joke, PM me if you want that one.)
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Chris,

Nice to see you post again. I so wish it would help you and you were able to not work for a week and have some much needed res up time.

Are you sleeping at night a bit better now? I hope the new dose of tablets will help you soon and wonder if you could ask (or think you might benefit from) some counselling? It helped me so much when I was first unwell and panicking big time.

We had a ton of rain and its a lot cooler now though the sun has come out but has lost that oppressive heat. Maybe its working its way up country? I hope it gets cooler up there soon but stays as summer as well.

You take care of your self and when is your next doc's appointment? You may have said, sorry, but shall be lurking in your pocket but please no tight jeans :wink: Love and a ton of ((((( ))))) Cris xxx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Mmmm, so glad you posted, Chris. We may well have a deluge of rain soon which might wash away some of the sand you have your head in...............might help you see things even more clearly.

Enjoy your days off....you have pushed things in the right direction now.

Love
    Annie
    xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hello Chris,
    Hope today has been a little better for you. Yes this heat and long hours can certainly take it out of you. Glad you got some sleep though.
    I'm sure you will ask the right questions when you go for your next appointment and I am sending you loads of support.

090.gif

:wink:

Lv, Ix
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Just calling in with an update here. Wonky you were right, the letter did get back to the useless doc. I never considered that, and I am so embarrassed and horrified to get a letter of apology from her today. :oops: Has left me a tad confused cos she has offered me a double appointment but doesn't explain how I am supposed to get through the receptionists to actually make one that would fit in for me. :? In any case I now have a follow up appointment with the new doc for the 23rd. What do I do? Stick with him or try see her again. Feel awful now, but it seems complaining does get results.

Thanks DD hope you are packed and resting up for your hol tomorrow. Do hope you have a good time.

Cris hope the back a little easier and that the animals behave for you this evening. Please only do the sale if you really feel able flower. I promise I will leave plenty of pocket room next visit.

Ironic, bless you for calling in. I am liking the Lancashire rose there. :lol: Had an easy day today thanks.

Annie I have been thinking of your comment all day and remain concerned and bemused by it. Why head in sand? Please explain if you feel I should be doing something differently? I am genuinely at a loss here. Thanks.

take care all ((( )))
    Chris xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    The doctor apologised, chris7, that's the main point. That is a result!

When you ring for the double appointment tell the receptionist that you are responding to a letter from the doctor, and this is what the DOCTOR has told you to do. If she argues back, ask for her name, then imply that you will be writing a letter of complaint to the manager of your GP's practice, whom you know well, (a lie possibly, but she won't know that) citing a lack of co-operation from front-line staff. Remember : she cannot see you and probably doesn't know you from Eve anyway! If that doesn't jolt her into being reasonable, well, get writing! I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    Chrissie, why should YOU feel embarrassed? You did what you felt was right, and believe me, if she didn`t think she was in the wrong,
    she wouldn`t be offering the apology, and the appointment.

Would it not be best to take up the offer of the double appointment with her. There is no way she is going to want to upset you again, so you should get everything you need from seeing her. Hopefully, build a good relationship.

Sorry not been in touch, stuff happening..........Much love.......Ange.
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Chris,

I agree there is no need for you to feel embarrassed..... she chose to be like that towards you!

I think you have to do which ever feels better for you re stick with the new one or see the first one. I do think you might get a good appointment after her apology though so please don't let how she was put you off seeing her...... It does sound like she wont do that again in a hurry?

Glad to hear there will be more pocket room :wink: ((((( ))))) and love Cris xxx
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Chris

Sending you these to brighten your day

g10126.gif

love Trish xxxx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    chris7 wrote:
    Just calling in with an update here. Wonky you were right, the letter did get back to the useless doc. I never considered that, and I am so embarrassed and horrified to get a letter of apology from her today. :oops: Has left me a tad confused cos she has offered me a double appointment but doesn't explain how I am supposed to get through the receptionists to actually make one that would fit in for me. :? In any case I now have a follow up appointment with the new doc for the 23rd. What do I do? Stick with him or try see her again. Feel awful now, but it seems complaining does get results.

Dear Chris

There is no need to feel embarrassed or horrified at receiving a letter of apology from your gp. She has replied, offered you a double appointment, she is bending over backwards to "apologise". I would take the appointment regardless whether you wish to continue with her or not. Anyway, always good to have two gps on the go, in the know about you, so much easier to get an appointment and also good to get another gps point of view etc. You have the best of both worlds at the moment. :) Don't worry about getting past the ogre of a receptionist. You have the upper hand, here, well and truly. You have it in writing from your gp so you can point your receptionist in the direction of your gp to sort it out and then come back to you with a suitable time for you both if she starts getting on her high horse and lording it.

Don't worry about seeing your gp, it will all go fine. Just be you, that is all you have to do. She will be as nice as pie. :) I wish you well with your appointment on the 23rd with the other gp.

I am very proud of you Chris for doing what you did, so no backtracking my lovely. :) I hope you are proud of yourself too, you should be. :)

I too have been happily preoccupied with life in general so not on here as much, but I do try to call in at least once a day.

Lots of love
    Elna x((()))
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Chris,

hope you're good feeling better today.

I think it's really encouraging that your GP apologised in writing and offered you the double appointment.
    Shows she has thought things through and wants to be helpful....after all she could have avoided offering you an appointment couldn't she?

You do what feels right/ best for you and don't feel obliged either way.

Ask yourself who you would prefer to see in the longer term :idea:

anyway...you are doing brilliantly. :wink:

love n hugs,

Iris x
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Chris7, never apologise for being too exhausted to post ... I remember that - struggling into work each day, coming home fit for nothing and flopping at the weekend/days off!! That's working with arther for you. (Everyone gets tired at work, but not like we do!!)

Re GP - an apology that is GREAT!!! Hopefully they have learnt something from the experience. Well done you for being the one to stand up and do something about it.

Great news about the referral.

You decide what to do with the invitation for a double appointment and which GP to continue with.

Hope you manage to keep cool, relax and enjoy the weekend.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hello there Chris,
    how are you doing? I have seen you posting but just miss you.
    I know you will be still tired after your long hours at work but I hope you have started to come round a little.
    Really admire how you have been getting through this tough time.

We are all rooting for you.

Lv, Ix
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Chris,

Leaving you a (((((((((( )))))))))) and will get back to you later cus I am all behind as ever just now.

Debs said hi and I will make her get some ferrings :wink:

Hope work is bearable and you have had a decent duvet day as well. More ((((( ))))) and love Cris xxx
  • dolittle
    dolittle Member Posts: 240
    Options
    Hi Chris,
    Another Lancashire Rose wants to know how you are now, Chris! (It's taken me hours to read the thread, wow! what a response)

Been in that boat myself. Don't feel embarrassed that you've got that letter from her ... she's probably feeling bad for taking her bad hair day out on you - which she clearly has done. You'll probably find she's a quite different person when you go back, just like I did.

Keep your chin up, ducks. As me mum would say ... It'll all come out in the wash. Then you'll feel tons better. (((( ))))s.
    Dolittle