chris7 is in need of our support

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 5. Aug 2010, 15:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
I've been in touch with chris - she's had another lousy doctor's appointment today and is feeling quite low. Come on everyone, do your stuff! We have a friend in need, a friend who needs cheer - and we are good at that! Thinking of you, chris. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• jenzie06
    jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Poor Chris!
    Sending a hug and a glass of wine. Keep your chin up!
  • thehiplady
    thehiplady Member Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi Chris - we've not met yet but I'm great at hugs - so here's a huge one.
    Pamela
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Aw, dear Chris, so sorry to hear that you have had another bad gp session today. If we had known we would have been in your pocket and given you the strength to stand up to him/her. Call in and tell us about it if you wish to do so. It's good to talk.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi Chris

Sorry to hear that you'r'e feling so low after seeing your GP. They should make you feel better not worse!

Thinking of you....chin up girl!

Warmest regards
    Sharmaine

dreamdaisy wrote:
    I've been in touch with chris - she's had another lousy doctor's appointment today and is feeling quite low. Come on everyone, do your stuff! We have a friend in need, a friend who needs cheer - and we are good at that! Thinking of you, chris. DD
  • jenfa1
    jenfa1 Member Posts: 42
    Options
    I'm new too, sorry to hear you are low, sometimes it is hard for us to get across what we want and need especially when we know these people are busy, hopefully your next appointment will go better

<3 hope you feel better soon

Jen x[/img]
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Oh Chris, so sorry to hear that you are on a downer again. I do so hope that you are able to see a pinpoint of light at the end of the tunnel soon.

I've just had a similar situation with my new doc, so I know where you are coming from.

If I can help at all please feel free to ask.

Love
    Annie
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Oh Chris, not that ruddy doc again. I'm so sorry. Chin up girl and when you get round to telling us all about it - we'll come up with a dastardly plan to "deal" with him!!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi Chris, a big gentle hug from me, hope you soon feel better love Jaspercatxx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Oh Chris :!:

so sorry to hear that you're still having to do battle with your docs :x ....wish too that we could have been with you to provide support. :roll:

you've had such a rough deal these past months and it's so unfair that you've had to deal with yet another setback.

please post so we can listen and support....or pm if you'd rather....folks here do care about you.

sending you strength and love in equal doses.

((((hugs))))

Iris xxx

thanks damsel for letting us know... you're a real star. x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    They have let you down again! This really isnt on. We will have to sort em out.

Thinking of you and hope you will have the strength to get through this,

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Chris,

I cannot tell you how sorry I am to here that this has happened to you again :(
    Please get in touch with us as and when you feel up to it.

In the mean time I am sending you hugs and good vibes.

068.gif

With love, from Ix
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    hi Chris, sending you hugs, luv & a hope your not down for too long.
    I know how you feel, i felt let down til i got to pain clinic. Rotten DRs :x Now they cant do enough to help,( yer only cause they have to do what pain clinic tells them meds wise anyway.)
    Take care ((()))
    debs
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I'm speaking on behalf of skezier here - she is without internet connection (as we all know) but I am sure she would also post her best wishes to you and send these: ((((())))). DD
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Hello Chris

Sorry to hear that you have had another disappointment... hope to hear from you soon..

We are all thinking about you ..

Love from Marion
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Chris
    Lots of Hugs {{{{{{}}}}}}} from me as well

Love
    Hileena
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Oh Chris,
    I really thought they might have started to listen to you and take you seriously after your last visit. I could rant at them on your behalf I am so mad that you've been badly treated again.

I'm so sorry that we weren't there with you ......... do please take us in your pockets next time ..... we have a rare old picnic on the way, get up to all sorts of mischief, and when peeps know I am going for an appointment it somehow really helps me to know peeps are 'virtually' with me, & I know lots on here would love to support you too.

don't let them wear you down ..... you are entitled to be listened to and to a fair hearing and explanation from them.

great big wonky hugs for you ((((((()))))))
    WOnky xxxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Chris,

So sorry to hear you have had a bad time with the doctors and sending you a ((((( ))))) and so many hopes you are ok. Love Cris xxx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Wow :D
    Bless you all. Only just logged back on to see this and nice to meet the new names. Welcome and thanks. Thanks DD for getting in touch, it did help me today.

Thank you all your good wishes have cheered me up after "at the end of my tether part 2" :cry:

Fraid I give up with docs. For those of you who know the saga when I tried to phone and make the double appointment the old doc had offered with her letter of apology which I told them about, I got the the same response as ALWAYS. Yes she is in those days BUT there is nothing you can book and you will have to join the scramble to phone on the day!!! So I kept the pre booked appointment with the new chap today. You just can't can't get passed the damn (sorry) receptionists.

It was awful, and I reverted to type and came away apologising!! He didn't listen to a word I said re work concerns after a THR when I am on my own here with no family or close friends. He thinks I should bring the next Consultant appointment forward and just get the first one done. Goodness knows it has been hard enough for me to accept the inevitable and I had almost decided I would agree to it when I saw the Consultant again at my November appointment. I just KNOW I will never be able to go back to work at the factory after what will need to be a long recovery period with such unsympathetic employers. This is the boss who mimics my limp for fun!!! My part time jobs and the company there are all that is keeping me going. How do I give them up even for a while, must less forever?? I told him no, I did not want to see the Consultant any earlier.

He then upped the anti depressants again!! I am so sick of the pills when I need someone to get me past the what they call "issues" which happened 8 years ago and have recently resurfaced. :? The Counselling just clearly didn't do it. AND to cap it all off he said I should really be seeing the old doc again who recently felt she had to write to me and apologise and has made me an appointment with the useless one in a fortnight to talk about the AD's!! Talk about feeling dismissed AGAIN!

So sorry guys this really is "At the end of my tether part 2." and I am sick of it all. :cry:

Just to round this mega whinge off nicely my boss at the Sunday job in the book shop which I used to love and where I have been trying to do extra days recently to pay the increasing bills has decided we are going to win regional retailer of the year whether we like it or not but that we are not getting a pay rise this year. :shock: All the experience and skills I bring to that job where I run a department on my OWN every Sunday and all for £6.18 an hour!! This means having to work longer hours on my Sunday. She has also decided that NO ONE is allowed ANY leave over Christmas. I have been there 9 years rarely take all my leave and have always had 2 Sundays off at Christmas as it is often the only time I can see my family who are miles away. So now I have to decide whether to spend Christmas on my own, or resign. If I resign I will lose my working tax credits which I rely on as do not get DLA. Some choice eh?

Apologies for all this crap but thank you all for the support above it does help to know that some people do care and bless you if you have read to the end of this. Sorry I haven't addressed you all individually. Apologies again for not supporting you all elsewhere, this has not been a great few weeks and I honestly don't know which way to turn here. Any advise or further thoughts appreciated.

Many thanks and I hope your tomorrow is a goodish one.
    take care. ((((( ))))) to you all.
    Chris
  • joon51
    joon51 Member Posts: 221
    Options
    Morning Chris,

Just logged on sending you lots of hugs and positive thoughts your way, Junexx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    good morning chris get in touch with cab they might have ideas about what you can claim, did you put in for disability with needing op you might get it then you only need 16 hours to get tax credit might be worth looking into sorry you are having bad time of it if you tell cab what boss like they can put you in touch with people who can help stop this happening it is bullying and not allowed think it abta who deal with this sort of thing val
    val
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Chris

Good idea from Val. Why not call the helpline here too. If you have a contract from work surely they cannot bully you in this way. I don't know what else to say to be of comfort to you but I truly wish I could come along with you to your appointments and also phone your receptionists at your surgery or go round there and have it out with them face to face.

Sending you lots of love and hope that things do not appear to be quite so bleak today.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Morning chris. I've still got my thinking cap on but the others have come up with some good suggestions which are worth following up. I wish I lived closer to you so I could give you a hand with everything and come to appointments with you - I realise what an ordeal they can be for some people and docs who lack empathy are not worth their qualifications. Rest assured, I am thinking of you and your dilemmas - I just wish I had some answers. I'll post you later. DD
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    Oh Chris :(

You poor poor thing :(

I so wish I lived nearer - you need one of us at your appointments. This new GPs system we are all having to live with is totally C**P!! Ringing and trying to get through - and failing all the time.

The only good thing is that our GPs now have a phone triage thing so you can speak to the GP on whatever number (so you could be at work) instead of going down there which is easier said than done at times.

As for the job you love - Chris it's July now so - dont make any hasty decisions just now...as the others suggest a quick chat to CAB will do no harm.

They all seem to think the answer is having the hip done but no-one is listening to the fact taht you can't afford the time off work or that you are on your own...

You wont loose the wtcc when you are off sick though Chris - I think that stays so long as you HAVE a job for the number of hours.... When did you last apply for DLA??? Maybe you shoudl reaplly so you have cash to pay for some help when you have the op??

Oh sorry wish I had a magic wand - you for sure would be on my list

Love and HUGE hugs

Toni xx
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    Options
    Hi Chris so sorry you are having such a rotten time again, it never seems to let up for you. Sending some hugs ((((((()))))) and want you to know I'm thinking about you, please let me know if I can help in any way. Try to keep your chin up girl, Love and hugs (((()))), Brenda xxx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Oh Chris....this all so unfair. :roll: :shock:

You need to apply for DLA so that at least you are getting some financial support which you can use for getting about etc. CAB are definitely the wizards in completing the forms but so too are the Welfare Rights Officers (usually attached to social services departments) who can also look at the whole financial picture and refer you on for individual support.
    I'd also suggest you contact dwp and speak with a Disability Employment Advisor for advice on what support you are entitled to in the workplace and while off having surgery.

I'm sorry the counselling wasn't helpful for you...that so often is the case until you find the right counsellor/ form of counselling for you. With so many other 'plates spinning' in your life, perhaps that needs putting on the back burner while you focus on getting the work/ health/ ops sorted.?

Chris you need to stop apologising to everyone, especially the docs... you haven't done anything to apologise for!! I'm spitting feathers here at the rotten service you're getting at your docs. B***dy useless..pardon me.. but they are! They need to 'listen' to you and talk through the problems you face with time off, the options that you have and timescales for recovery. You are a whole person not a 'condition' needing an op.

Keep posting Chris..please. We can only support you if you let us and though none of us have all the answers you can pick up the 'good bits' from our posts that might piece together some solutions.

love, strength and ((((hugs))))

Iris xxx